The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 10:25 AM   #1
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Default Draft Question and Adding future pick

How would you grade this draft overall for top 3 rounds?

I know we are in win now mode but, when do we start stockpiling a few future picks. Denver has alot of decisions to make in 2014.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
Bmore Manning

I think this is the type of draft where you would be better of having lots of mid round picks, and truly believe this is a fairly deep draft class, especially at some positions of need.

I would not be upset at all with trading down and acquiring some extra picks this year.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

What is this stockpiling picks crap?

Use what you have, Denver has holes today that need to be filled right now, They also have to address the future now as well. Every draft is done like this.... Hence the picking of Brock last year, Did we really need to spend a high round draft pick with Manning in town? NO

Stockpiling picks is for those that do not have a clear picture of a current draft class... Throw enough players in camp and some of them will stick.

How about "Un stockpiling" picks, by this I mean use the later round picks, packaged together and move up for higher talent players.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I think this is the type of draft where you would be better of having lots of mid round picks, and truly believe this is a fairly deep draft class, especially at some positions of need.

I would not be upset at all with trading down and acquiring some extra picks this year.

He stated stockpiling picks for later years... Not in this draft.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
What is this stockpiling picks crap?

Use what you have, Denver has holes today that need to be filled right now, They also have to address the future now as well. Every draft is done like this.... Hence the picking of Brock last year, Did we really need to spend a high round draft pick with Manning in town? NO

Stockpiling picks is for those that do not have a clear picture of a current draft class... Throw enough players in camp and some of them will stick.

How about "Un stockpiling" picks, by this I mean use the later round picks, packaged together and move up for higher talent players.
I was offering a different perspective on my take of how to address this draft.. I would not package picks and move up in this draft. I would personally try to acquire another second, third, or fourth in this draft..
Old 04-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #6
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

The 1st round in this draft is weak. Of the 4 premier positions (QB, LT, pass rusher, shut down CB) there doesn't appear to be a single QB with a strong 1st round grade, there are 2 top LTs which is decent but not outstanding, there is not a single outstanding pass rusher and only 1 shut down CB.

There is a real lack of true blue chip prospect, almost every player has question marks.

In terms of depth this draft is solid in round 2, but round 3 looks like it could be pretty weak. Right now there are about 40-45 players who could go in round 1 in terms of talent.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #7
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
The 1st round in this draft is weak. Of the 4 premier positions (QB, LT, pass rusher, shut down CB) there doesn't appear to be a single QB with a strong 1st round grade, there are 2 top LTs which is decent but not outstanding, there is not a single outstanding pass rusher and only 1 shut down CB.

There is a real lack of true blue chip prospect, almost every player has question marks.

In terms of depth this draft is solid in round 2, but round 3 looks like it could be pretty weak. Right now there are about 40-45 players who could go in round 1 in terms of talent.
This is why I think FO should should aquire a 14 high pick and a 13 pick that's better value. Everyone wants to stay put because Manning window well avg player at 28 guarantees nothing in that window.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #8
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

moving back or moving certain pieces is the way to gain more picks in the future but i think Elway likes to move back and gain more current picks to have flexibility to move around in the current draft and deal with next year afterwards.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: