The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 11:04 PM   #1576
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
come on 6 hour clock
No kidding.... things have been creeeeeeeeeeeping ever since we hit the 6th round.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:34 PM   #1577
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Texans selected one of the best possession receivers in the draft. One of the better route runners, best hands, and has the "clutch" factor.

Lemon played in all four seasons for the Orange, amassing 201 career catches, almost 2600 yards and 18 touchdowns, but his junior and senior seasons were where he really shined. He broke the Syracuse record for receptions in a season with 68 back in 2011, then decided to break his own record this past season with 72, plus had over 1000 yards receiving and seven TDs. He was named a First Team All-Big East WR last season.

Perfect for the WCO and another reliable weapon for Schaub.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:44 AM   #1578
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Things are traditionally slow on Easter weekend. I thought we did pretty well, considering that fact.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:44 AM   #1579
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Sorry about that guys.
Hope you didnt wait to long.
I swear, every one of my damn picks have come up right in the middle of the weekend.
And thats when i am just super busy. I figured at least most of the picks would be made between Mon and Fri. Go figure.
I will forward a list of picks to JCMELway fior the 7th round.
Again, sorry.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:06 AM   #1580
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Interesting pick of Melvin White. I know a few people had asked me about him pre draft as there is not a lot of information or film out there on him. I never got film on him, I do not have the film on Dwight "Bill" Bentley from last year for some reason either.

Usually, I would also have a note on other players if they looked good and none in last years book. However, it was Louisiana-Lafayette and I may not have really paid attention to the rest of the team at that point

So, what you got on him Bmore?
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #1581
Conklin
Ring of Famer

I'm at lunch, will pick when I get back into the office
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #1582
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

LMAO, Yeah why slack at your lunch when you can get paid for slacking at work.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #1583
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Interesting pick of Melvin White. I know a few people had asked me about him pre draft as there is not a lot of information or film out there on him. I never got film on him, I do not have the film on Dwight "Bill" Bentley from last year for some reason either.

Usually, I would also have a note on other players if they looked good and none in last years book. However, it was Louisiana-Lafayette and I may not have really paid attention to the rest of the team at that point

I was one of them that asked you about him. Melvin had a really high grade on one of the draft places I have bookmarked and what I saw on youtube I really liked. He looked strong and not afraid to tackle. When he drew comparisons to Richard Sherman I knew BMore would be all over him. My issue was his height. If he was really 6'3 then I would have grabbed him. I never could find out his really height till he had his pro-day March 28.
Here is his results:
There were a total of 16 NFL teams represented at Louisiana Lafayette Pro Day on March 28. A total of 14 players worked out Indoors on field-turf that was not in very good condition. There were tears and hashes all over the place.

Melvin White CB (6-1 , 203 pounds) He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.59 and 4.62 seconds and recorded a 32-inch vertical jump and 10-foot-2 broad jump. He completed the short shuttle drill in 4.53 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.36 seconds. White also recorded 12 strength lifts. He worked out as a cornerback with a notation that his best position is probably safety.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2013/03/30/melv...an-cornerback/
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #1584
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post

Physically, this is one of my favorite CBs in the draft.. What hurts him is level of competition. But physically, he has all the tools to be a stud press corner. Comparisons to Richard Sherman..
Old 04-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #1585
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Physically, this is one of my favorite CBs in the draft.. What hurts him is level of competition. But physically, he has all the tools to be a stud press corner. Comparisons to Richard Sherman..
Ha ha I called it
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #1586
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Sherman and Sam Shields have both done a terrific job at CB after converting from WR. Most guys are just too proud to switch to covering instead of catching and overrate their WR abilities. I wish more College coaches would convert WR's into CB's. I think their experience on the other side of the ball helps them understand and read routes better.

Good time to pick a developmental CB though in White. Not really any other type of CB's available at this point. Plus, you got another guy who you think is going to be better than his draft position.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #1587
Conklin
Ring of Famer

The Chiefs have made their last selection of the draft:

1.1.1 Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M - Solid tackle for a decade
1.19.19 Sheldon Richardson, DT Missouri - Top Talent Tackle with great versatility
3.12.74 Darius Slay, CB Mississippi State - Tall physically talented corner
3.34.96 Vance McDonald, TE Rice - Tall Red Zone Threat with Great hands
5.3.136 Landy Jones, QB Oklahoma - Solid backup with the ability to win games if needed
6.36.204 Corey Fuller, WR Virginia Tech - Fast, athletic Receiver with good upside
Old 04-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #1588
Conklin
Ring of Famer

and the raiders select who?
Old 04-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #1589
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

There are some CBs I really like still available that I wouldn't classify as developmental. There are at least five remaining I think could go as early as the 5th round. This isn't one of them, but I don't know very much at all about White. Could be a great pick, but he's not on my list.

Bmore really likes these small school guys. There's a handful I normally wouldn't give another thought to that I'll pay attention to now and see if they get drafted, and if they do, if they ever have success, just because of Bmore's enthusiasm towards them.

I tend to not spend time scouting them because usually only 1 in 100 ever make a dent in the NFL, and my free time is not infinite. Still, finding that one would be an extremely satisfying experience I'll never find.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #1590
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Interesting picks here, but solid as they are both high value athletes with upside and little experience in college.

Fuller is a former Track guy who is extremely raw, but has the potential to play ST's and learn the position. He was on my draftable players list.

Painter is an athlete, who played DT and all over the line before finally starting in his fifth year. Strange backround here and why he drops so far in the draft IMHO. Not many guys who stay a fifth year who are not starters previously and then shine as well has he did for V. Tech. He is also capable of being a swing OL for a couple of years as he played OG and OT. Could make a roster and if he learns better technique start in a few years IMHO.

I really hope OAK does not find the talent CBF1 has in this draft. One of the best talent drafts in this years draft Dmitri, not necessarily in value, but talent wise one Hell of a draft
Old 04-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #1591
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Lemon is a nice selection at this point. I don't think he was the best WR remaining, but he's around that range. I think it was good value.

Not overly high on Ace Sanders. Small and slow. Nice college player but I'm not sure he transfers to the NFL that well.

I do think Corey Fuller was arguably the best WR remaining. Really intriguing skillset. He should be drafted in the real draft ahead of his teammate WR Marcus Davis, whom went at the end of the 5th. Huge value here.

I'm okay with Vinston Painter at this point. Strong, athletic, long enough arms. I actually think he's fine at OT, but he should be quality at OG. I'm not sure any of the remaining OGs are draftable, though there are a couple I find intriguing, so if you really needed an OG, I think this projection makes sense. I like it.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #1592
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Ha ha I called it
!
You liked him too!
Old 04-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #1593
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
There are some CBs I really like still available that I wouldn't classify as developmental. There are at least five remaining I think could go as early as the 5th round. This isn't one of them, but I don't know very much at all about White. Could be a great pick, but he's not on my list.

Bmore really likes these small school guys. There's a handful I normally wouldn't give another thought to that I'll pay attention to now and see if they get drafted, and if they do, if they ever have success, just because of Bmore's enthusiasm towards them.

I tend to not spend time scouting them because usually only 1 in 100 ever make a dent in the NFL, and my free time is not infinite. Still, finding that one would be an extremely satisfying experience I'll never find.
Well, I can not wait to see who those 5 guys are if they are not Small school guys, because I am flat out of draftable CB's from my top 50 list

Plenty of UDFA guys, but none with a draftable grade that I have seen.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #1594
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

damn you Bmore.....I was hoping White would last a few more picks!
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #1595
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Somebody give a middle of the night wake up call to BowlenBall to get his pick lol
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:38 PM   #1596
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoBuff View Post
damn you Bmore.....I was hoping White would last a few more picks!
I'm glad I took him when I did then. I know some picks are thought of as a reach, but if you dig your player you take him when you think it's good value and that time.. I guess this time I was right!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:10 PM   #1597
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Zac Stacy is a brilliant selection this late. He was my highest rated player. I could see him going as early as the 4th Round, but more likely the 5th. I like him a lot more than BenJarvis Green-Ellis on my team, and Jonathan Dwyer on Pittsburgh, as well as a great many of the RBs already drafted.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #1598
BroncosfanGuy

how does the undrafted FA period work?
Old 04-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #1599
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
how does the undrafted FA period work?
Here are the rules from last year:

Here are the details for this year (exactly the same as 2011):

1. All teams begin with $100,000 to bid for players which were not selected in the 2012 OM Mock Draft. Bidding is done blindly and privately -- in other words, all bids are sent to me via PM, and the results are revealed at the conclusion of the bidding period. DO NOT POST YOUR BIDS IN THIS THREAD!

2. Minimum bid for a player is $5000. Bids can be made in $100 increments only. There will only be one round of bidding, so any cash you have left over will be useless. In other words - use it or lose it.

3. Please send all bids via one and only one PM to me (BowlenBall) any time between the last selection in the OM Mock Draft and Monday, April 23rd, at 11:59 p.m. MST. Please title the PM "UDFA Round Picks for NFL TEAM NAME". All bids received after the deadline will be considered null and void.

4. Please submit bids in this format:

Name, Position, College, Bid
Rulon Jones, DE, Utah State, $30,000
Randy Gradishar, LB, Ohio State, $11,400
Joe Dudek, RB, Plymouth State, $23,700
Total Spent: $65,100

5. Please do not submit bids for players who have already been selected in the mock draft. Refer to the Alpha list or the main pick thread before you submit your bid. Any bids for pre-selected players will be ignored, and the team owner will NOT be notified of his error.

6. Tiebreaker: if two or more teams bid the same amount for the same player, then whoever submitted their bid first will be considered the winner.

7. Results will be posted shortly past midnight on Tuesday, April 24th.

8. In the interests of transparency, I will submit my own list via PM to JCMElway before the official bidding period begins, and before I review any of the bids submitted. In addition, I will disqualify myself from the tiebreaker rules, meaning that any tie that I am involved with will go to the other team.

9. As I receive bids, I will post confirmation below, along with a sequence number indicating when they submitted it to me (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.).
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #1600
BroncosfanGuy

Thanks

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 04-01-2013 at 09:23 PM..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: