The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #4476
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

smart move by the Bears. get the guys signed and ready to go so your new coach can assess this team properly and get them moving in the direction he desires. plus, they can't afford any distractions after Lovie and Urlacher.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #4477
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Ravens sneak in and re-sign Bryant McKinnie

Ravens agreed to terms with LT Bryant McKinnie on a two-year contract.
McKinnie had reportedly been weighing offers from the Dolphins and Chargers on Thursday, but the Ravens were lurking in the tall grass and found a way to get the 34-year-old back under contract. It's just another strong signing for GM Ozzie Newsome this offseason. San Diego could turn its attention to free agent Max Starks, while Miami is likely to roll with Jonathan Martin at left tackle. The Ravens offensive line shapes up like this: LT McKinnie, LG Kelechi Osemele, C Gino Gradkowksi, RG Marshal Yanda, and RT Michael Oher.
Ravens should have Franchised him then drafted a LT in the 1st round and then try to trade him for 2nd round pick and threaten to move him to RT, that sounds like that would work every time right?

broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #4478
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Hahahaha! Remember in the Cheifs suck thread where you were excited about a second from the Dolphins, and I told you they would only settle for a third? You thought the Cheifs had all the leverage in that deal, because you had no idea who was on the Dolphins roster

Typical homerism, overrating your teams players.
He is worth a 2nd and that's why he wasn't traded. Now we're keeping a good (but not great OL) to add to another good one we just got and that's making the team better.

Jeff Ireland is a fool if he truly thinks Jonathan Martin is going to be a force at LT IMO.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #4479
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
According to reports in KC, Albert will most likely be playing RT (possibly G) while Fisher plays LT.

It's obvious that our coach and GM prefer Fisher. Albert seems to have no choice as of now.

If he's upset and holds out, then he's going to lose a lot of money.
Report on ESPN's NFL Live today was that Albert was going to play LT and Fisher will start at RT so you did draft a RT 1st overall.

I think it is more a ploy by Reid to placate Albert and get him to show and not hold out.

As of right now all trade options for Albert are dead. If kFc really wanted to move him they should have taken a 3rd and maybe a lower conditional type pick next year in the 3-5 range.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #4480
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Report on ESPN's NFL Live today was that Albert was going to play LT and Fisher will start at RT so you did draft a RT 1st overall.

I think it is more a ploy by Reid to placate Albert and get him to show and not hold out.

As of right now all trade options for Albert are dead. If kFc really wanted to move him they should have taken a 3rd and maybe a lower conditional type pick next year in the 3-5 range.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #4481
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Well, the Chiefs will probably get a 3rd round compensatory pick for Albert in 2015 now.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #4482
FearLanier

Quote:

I'm not taking his word at 100% right now because I think they are still trying to trade him. It decreases his value to say that he is a RT.

I think Albert is worth more than a 3rd as seen by his pass protection the last 2 years. I think what's holding him back is his price tag though.
Having Albert back is far more valuable than losing him for only a 3rd round pick. I don't think he's elite, but I think he is good.

I think there is no doubt about it that Fisher will be the long term LT. Might start off at RT at first, but I think in 2014 he'll be the LT.

Reid drafted Andrews in the first round to be an OT in tackle but played him at G his first year before moving him to OT, so he has a history of this.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #4483
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

How are the Chiefs going to keep Albert in 2014? He said he wont to move to RT (meaning he wants to be paid like a LT) and you're not going to pay him LT money to play RT.

Next year is supposed to be another big crop for premium LTs so this whole situation is going to come up again, especially since the salary cap isn't expected to go up again next year. Teams will go younger and cheaper (like the Chiefs just did).
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #4484
DenverBound
Thanks for the memories

This one's for Pat!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...nville-jaguars

I was really hoping we were going to snag this kid..
DenverBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #4485
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBound View Post
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...nville-jaguars

I was really hoping we were going to snag this kid..
i wanted him but i'll gladly take Sly. too good of a impact DL to pass up at a area of need that's been a need since the early 2000's.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #4486
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Panthers | Open to trading DeAngelo Williams
Sun, 05 May 2013 10:11:38 -0700

Carolina Panthers general manager David Gettleman did not rule out the possibility of trading RB DeAngelo Williams at some point.

He has no trade value, but I wouldn't mind picking him up if he was cut. Dump Moreno and McGahee and roll with Ball, Williams, and Hillman as our 3 RBs with Hester as the utility back.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #4487
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i wanted him but i'll gladly take Sly. too good of a impact DL to pass up at a area of need that's been a need since the early 2000's.
Well, we had no shot on him unless we moved up big time. Glad we got Sylvester Williams and Ball should contribute from Day 1. Now, I'd of gladly moved future picks to get him. 3rd + future 3rd to get Cyprien. Oh ya.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:49 PM   #4488
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Well, we had no shot on him unless we moved up big time. Glad we got Sylvester Williams and Ball should contribute from Day 1. Now, I'd of gladly moved future picks to get him. 3rd + future 3rd to get Cyprien. Oh ya.
i meant that i wanted him in the first round. but since we got Sly i have no issue with not landing him.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #4489
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Quote:
Panthers | Open to trading DeAngelo Williams
Sun, 05 May 2013 10:11:38 -0700

Carolina Panthers general manager David Gettleman did not rule out the possibility of trading RB DeAngelo Williams at some point.

He has no trade value, but I wouldn't mind picking him up if he was cut. Dump Moreno and McGahee and roll with Ball, Williams, and Hillman as our 3 RBs with Hester as the utility back.
Unless M. Ball (why not just call him MoneyBall and start the TC love now?) is a total bust in TC I don't see the need anymore.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #4490
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Unless M. Ball (why not just call him MoneyBall and start the TC love now?) is a total bust in TC I don't see the need anymore.
Um we can unload two broken down RBs.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #4491
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Money Ball will be fine. if nothing else he will score in the red zone.
if Williams gets cut i'd be all over him, but he'll likely go to a team with a clearly defined starting role for him.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #4492
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Money Ball will be fine. if nothing else he will score in the red zone.
if Williams gets cut i'd be all over him, but he'll likely go to a team with a clearly defined starting role for him.
Moreno has blown out his knee twice now on 207 touches. He can't be counted on as a back up. Williams is better then at this point in their careers. There is no team left where Williams would be a clear cut starter, at least in Denver he is with a coach he knows and the primary vet back up on a team that could use him.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #4493
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Moreno has blown out his knee twice now on 207 touches. He can't be counted on as a back up. Williams is better then at this point in their careers. There is no team left where Williams would be a clear cut starter, at least in Denver he is with a coach he knows and the primary vet back up on a team that could use him.
like i said, i'd be all over him like a gold digger on a rich athlete.
but he might hold out for a starting job so he can regain some of his lost revenue from being cut.

but realistically, the Panthers can't afford to cut him. their running game was pure **** without him doing well.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #4494
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
like i said, i'd be all over him like a gold digger on a rich athlete.
but he might hold out for a starting job so he can regain some of his lost revenue from being cut.

but realistically, the Panthers can't afford to cut him. their running game was pure **** without him doing well.
They drafted Kenjon Barner in the 6th and have tons of money tied up in Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, and Mike Tolbert. Rumors are suggesting that they have been shopping him for over a year now. Seems like he is the odd man out in the eyes of the Panthers FO.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #4495
Cito Pelon
Happy

Happy dog at the Divide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

Ed Reed has arthroscopic hip surgery. Supposed to be ready for TC.

Steve Spagnuolo signed as defensive assistant with the Ravens.

Tony Sparano signed as OL coach for the Raiders.

Two former HC's, they've fallen a bit. Add in Raheem Morris who I believe is the DB's coach for Washington. Hey, at least JDR is hanging onto his DC position, hasn't fallen as far as those three.

There sure has been a boatload of former HC's lately that have fallen past the Coordinator level.

Rod Marinelli, currently DL coach for the Cowboys. Lovie Smith, not employed at this time. Mike Tice, not employed at this time. Interesting that Marinelli, Lovie, and Tice were just last season the Bears' DC, HC and OC.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #4496
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
They drafted Kenjon Barner in the 6th and have tons of money tied up in Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, and Mike Tolbert. Rumors are suggesting that they have been shopping him for over a year now. Seems like he is the odd man out in the eyes of the Panthers FO.
i get that, but every back they have signed currently has injury issues. especially Stewart. they can afford to rely on Stewart to stay healthy, Tolbert to carry the load if one of them is out and a rookie to pick it up if someone can't hack it or gets cut.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #4497
Cito Pelon
Happy

Happy dog at the Divide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Werewolves

Quote:
I wonder how this stem cell treatment will prove out for Moreno. Also, HGH.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:42 PM   #4498
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Williams last resort is getting cut. I don't see anybody trading for him with his salary. I'd easily get rid of McGahee and Ball and bring him into the fold as a back.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #4499
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
i get that, but every back they have signed currently has injury issues. especially Stewart. they can afford to rely on Stewart to stay healthy, Tolbert to carry the load if one of them is out and a rookie to pick it up if someone can't hack it or gets cut.
They wouldn't be shopping Williams if they believed that to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I wonder how this stem cell treatment will prove out for Moreno. Also, HGH.

I hope some other team takes the time to find out. There is zero reason for us to have injuries happen and be forced to rely on him. Pick up Williams or Bradshaw and get someone we can count on in a pinch.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #4500
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
They wouldn't be shopping Williams if they believed that to be true.

the Panthers owner is cheap as ****. he didn't really spend money on that team for years until they re-signed all their own FA's to big deals to entice fans into thinking he had changed.

the mother would cut Cam Newton to save money if he could get away with it and it didn't affect his bottom line.