The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #76
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,328

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Hell Jeff Garcia threw 84 TDs vs 32 INTs in a three year span for San Fran. Alex Smith has 81 TDs in 7 years for San Fran.
Again, was talking about Montana in KC.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #77
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
WTF is wrong with your assumption he is a good qb ? other than your wrong............The Niners added talent around the guy and then and only then he got better..................

Since your such a smartass go look up how many games he played and how many he rode the bench before the last two years ? He has been benched multiple times.

**** no I didn't remeber he was drafted by the Niners cause I don't give a chit about them..............

You a-holes thinking he will play in KC like he did in SF without the same talent are clueless.

If your gonna deny the talent went up dramatically in SF and thats when Alex Smith got better but that wasn't why then you truly are drunk or stupid or both.

He doesn't have the support cast in KC,,,,,dumbass


The difference in the offences is ALEX SMITH BECAME A GAME MANAGER.....UNDER Harbough............

**** you even Trent Dilfer looked servicable once upon a time...........lets here your stupid excuses for him.

Smith is a game manager on a good football team and sucks without a high level of talent around him .

Unless you want to deny recent history go F yourself............cause these are the facts.

Hey dbag notice I said he was a "bad to mediocre" QB? Where in the hell did my post state he was a good QB? You have no clue what you're talking about. The pieces for that SF team were already there. Harbaugh IS the reason he got the most out of Smith. Let me school you on his career since you're failing again. Rookie year. INJURED. Missed games because of that. 2006 played every ****ing snap. 2007. INJURED missed games because of that. 2008 INJURED and put on IR in SEPTEMBER. 2009 smith did miss first 7 games in favor of Shaun hill. Replaced a struggling hill week 7 and was declared the starter the next day. 2010 season week 7 INJURED shoulder once again. Troy smith took over due to an INJURED smith. After 3 games smith returned as starter

So Einstein that means he only missed 8 games as a starter due to benching and the rest due to INJURY. Which means the majority of his games missed were due to injury NOT demotion.

Booya

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 04-01-2013 at 03:29 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #78
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,328

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Hey dbag notice I said he was a "bad to mediocre" QB? Where in the hell did my post state he was a good QB? You have no clue what you're talking about. The pieces for that SF team were already there. Harbaugh IS the reason he got the most out of Smith. Let me school you on his career since you're failing again. Rookie year. INJURED. Missed games because of that. 2006 played every ****ing snap. 2007. INJURED missed games because of that. 2008 INJURED and put on IR in SEPTEMBER. 2009 smith did miss first 7 games in favor of Shaun hill. Replaced a struggling hill week 7 and was declared the starter the next day. 2010 season week 7 INJURED shoulder once again. Troy smith took over due to an INJURED smith. After 3 games smith returned and finished as the starter.

So Einstein that means he only missed 7 games due to benching and the rest due to INJURY.

Booya
Ouch... Jetmeck should really take it from the guy that actually lives in SF, or very near it (DB).
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #79
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Ouch... Jetmeck should really take it from the guy that actually lives in SF, or very near it (DB).
It's amazing how bad people switch around the truth to favor their argument. My gf's had niner season tickets for years so I pretty much seen heard and lived Alex smiths career.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #80
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster
 
ColoradoDarin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 8,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Was talking about the Chiefs. It was a response to Jetmeck's post. Next time read fully and not just my response. That way you don't look lazy and avoid taking it out of context.
Meh, lazy and out of context describes 90% of the internet....

I would argue that it was you that placed it out of context though. You talk about SF and then in the next paragraph talk about Montana and Smith. BTW, I don't read Jetmeck's lunacy, maybe this is a good lesson for you - Ignore is made for posters like him
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #81
LRtagger
Ring of Famer
 
LRtagger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,864

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I skimmed the thread and didnt see it...just saw a bunch of talk about Alex Smith and Joe Montana.

It looks like the trade is finalized. Raiders get Flynn for this years 5th and a conditional for next. Raiders are looking to shop Palmer to the Cardinals.

EDIT: sorry its a 2014 5th and a 2015 conditional. No 2013 picks.

Last edited by LRtagger; 04-01-2013 at 07:20 PM..
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #82
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,705

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

I was really, really hoping they'd give up this years 1st. I hate seeing them take Shariff Floyd
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #83
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,328

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Meh, lazy and out of context describes 90% of the internet....

I would argue that it was you that placed it out of context though. You talk about SF and then in the next paragraph talk about Montana and Smith. BTW, I don't read Jetmeck's lunacy, maybe this is a good lesson for you - Ignore is made for posters like him
That's fair...
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #84
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,268

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

Cardinals acquire Palmer for a conditional pick (7th rounder).

I forget, what the Raiders trade to get him?
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #85
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,542
Default

Quarterback Carson Palmer has been traded from the Oakland Raiders to the Arizona Cardinals for a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2014 draft, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Raiders will receive the draft pick if Palmer starts 13 games for the Cardinals in the 2013 season.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #86
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Cardinals acquire Palmer for a conditional pick (7th rounder).

I forget, what the Raiders trade to get him?
Oakland traded a 1st and a 2nd round pick for Carson Palmer and got a year and a half from him and then they traded him for a conditional 7th round pick in 2014 that only kicks in if he starts 13 games for Arizona next season.

Watch, he'll probably light it up for Arizona next season and be a steal for them. I doubt it, as I think at this point Carlson Palmer is average at best, but it would be funny if he did light it up for them.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #87
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,268

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Oakland traded a 1st and a 2nd round pick for Carson Palmer and got a year and a half from him and then they traded him for a conditional 7th round pick in 2014 that only kicks in if he starts 13 games for Arizona next season.

Watch, he'll probably light it up for Arizona next season and be a steal for them. I doubt it, as I think at this point Carlson Palmer is average at best, but it would be funny if he did light it up for them.
That itself is laughable.

I agree.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #88
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Oakland traded a 1st and a 2nd round pick for Carson Palmer and got a year and a half from him and then they traded him for a conditional 7th round pick in 2014 that only kicks in if he starts 13 games for Arizona next season.

Watch, he'll probably light it up for Arizona next season and be a steal for them. I doubt it, as I think at this point Carlson Palmer is average at best, but it would be funny if he did light it up for them.
Palmer put up pretty good numbers last season despite little talent surrounding him. With Fitzgerald and Malcolm Floyd to throw to and Arians running the offense, it would not surprise me at all if he had a big year. Arizona could be a surprise team with that talented young defense. Their QB situation last season was horrific. They probably would have contended for a playoff spot if the QB play had been nothing more than mediocre (don't forget they started 4-0, including a win over New England).
BroncoInferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #89
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,564
Default

A 7th rounder for Palmer vs two 2nd round picks for Alex Smith.

Hmmm.....
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #90
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
A 7th rounder for Palmer vs two 2nd round picks for Alex Smith.

Hmmm.....
Reggie McKenzie and John Dorsey are:

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #91
LRtagger
Ring of Famer
 
LRtagger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,864

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

AND palmer restructured on top of it
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #92
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Pretty funny they still have to pay for Palmer in this draft. He was pretty much the only half bright spot on that team.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #93
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,268

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

I'd love to see Palmer light it up in AZ. Unfortunately AZ is in the toughest division in the NFL but ya never know...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #94
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,856

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Who is Flynn going to throw to in Oakland? do they even have a legit WR or TE?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #95
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Who is Flynn going to throw to in Oakland? do they even have a legit WR or TE?
Nope.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:23 PM   #96
Raider Bill
........
 
Raider Bill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Southern New Joisey
Posts: 4,239
Default

You guys didnt really light it up either.


Leading WR

SD Malcom Floyd 56/814/5

Oak Denarius Moore 51/741/7
Raider Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #97
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Nope.
to be fair, Moore is probably a better WR than anyone on the SD rooster
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #98
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'd take Floyd over Moore though


Sweet profile pic fan guy
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #99
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Sweet profile pic fan guy
baseball season
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #100
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 37,856

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
to be fair, Moore is probably a better WR than anyone on the SD rooster
Those are Bowe type numbers!

broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Denver Broncos