The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default Denver GM Mock I did

1 (28): Arthur Brown, MLB
3a (73): Oday Aboushi, ORT
3b (92): Montee Ball, RB
4 (127): Brandon Jenkins, DE
5 (138): Kwame Geathers, DT
6a (179): Aaron Mellette, WR
6b (187): Sean Renfree, QB
7 (214): not decided yet

The Aboushi pick was a failed gamble, I had 5 guys on my board in the low 2nd round and I wanted to pick up some later round picks to give my flexibility and moved down, but all 5 were picked up before I got back on the clock: Brandon Williams, DT; Eric Reid, S; Philip Thomas, S; Sam Montgomery, DE; David Bakhtiari, OT.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

You traded Denver's second round pick for a 3rd and 6th round pick? Did I miss something.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
OrangeWon

I hope that we can do better than this. I am fine with the Brown and Ball picks. I think that Renfree can be a solid backup QB in time. I'm not a fan of Aboushi at all. I'm not even sold on him at RT and he may need to move inside.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:20 PM   #4
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
1 (28): Arthur Brown, MLB Too early to pick him
3a (73): Oday Aboushi, ORT You traded back for this
3b (92): Montee Ball, RB I like this pick
4 (127): Brandon Jenkins, DE More of an OLB..fit? Will not last this long I feel
5 (138): Kwame Geathers, DT I like this pick
6a (179): Aaron Mellette, WR small school WR, pass
6b (187): Sean Renfree, QB Are you nuts?
7 (214): not decided yet This might be one of your top picks so far

The Aboushi pick was a failed gamble, I had 5 guys on my board in the low 2nd round and I wanted to pick up some later round picks to give my flexibility and moved down, but all 5 were picked up before I got back on the clock: Brandon Williams, DT; Eric Reid, S; Philip Thomas, S; Sam Montgomery, DE; David Bakhtiari, OT.
My takes in red
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:31 AM   #5
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

It's not terrible. It's not great.

Brown has some legitimate injury concerns currently, if he checks out ok, I think it's an ok first round selection. Probably a slight reach, but who knows.

Aboushi is kind of bleh in the 3rd. Ball is solid value, but I'm personally not a fan of his.

Jenkins would be a nice get in the 4th round. Unlikely he falls that far in real life.

Geathers is solid in the 5th.

I actually like Mellette and Renfree in the 6th. Solid value on both and some upside potential. Probably wouldn't have drafted another QB for Denver though.

I like the late round talent in this draft overall, you should be able to get a quality player in the 7th.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:28 AM   #6
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
You traded Denver's second round pick for a 3rd and 6th round pick? Did I miss something.
I traded the 2nd for a 3rd, 5th and 6th. I traded the 2 5th to move up to the top of the 5th, pick up a high 6th and swap the low 7th to a high 7th.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #7
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
It's not terrible. It's not great.

Brown has some legitimate injury concerns currently, if he checks out ok, I think it's an ok first round selection. Probably a slight reach, but who knows.

Aboushi is kind of bleh in the 3rd. Ball is solid value, but I'm personally not a fan of his.

Jenkins would be a nice get in the 4th round. Unlikely he falls that far in real life.

Geathers is solid in the 5th.

I actually like Mellette and Renfree in the 6th. Solid value on both and some upside potential. Probably wouldn't have drafted another QB for Denver though.

I like the late round talent in this draft overall, you should be able to get a quality player in the 7th.
I would have preferred Ogletree in the 1st, but he seems to consistently go around the 20th pick in spite of his off field issues. Brown is my 2nd choice as MLB, he fits what I like in a MLB and I think there is a good probability he will be drafted in the 5 picks after Denver. The first 2 rounds were completed before Dumervil was signed in Baltimore so I didn't prioritize DE in those rounds.

Aboushi was not the guy I was hoping to get, but I believe OT is a position we need to address. Franklin did not progress in his 2nd year and until we can lock up Clady to a long term deal I am going to consider the position to be potentially unsettled, plus we have no depth in case of injury at all. Aboushi is not the guy I would have prefered, I wanted Bakhtiari, I think he is a better backup because of his ability to fit at LT. If I had redo I would have picked up DJ Swearinger in that spot and left the OT position for later.

I think Jenkins is a real wild card due to his injury and limited workouts, he could be drafted as high as the 2nd on potential.

Mellette is a guy I like as a backup to Decker, he is a big guy with big hands and long arms, he is not blazing fast but runs decent routes and I think he could be a flanker running those intermediate routes. Renfree has the right kind of make up to be a backup for the future, he is very intelligent and could help out on the sideline he has also worked with Mannings old college coach so he is pretty well coached.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: