The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 11:56 PM   #276
MrPeepers
Ring of Famer

Remember Darrent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TBD

vikings is one as well sundays, now 3 sunday shows. in order of best product its GOT, Vikings, Walking Dead for me.
MrPeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:45 AM   #277
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Glad Andrea died. That chick was so worthless, but I agree, the show blows but I watch it because I like zombies. Game of Thrones, Mad Men, Dexter, Homeland, Boardwalk Empire, Breaking Bad, Californication are all much better.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:17 AM   #278
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

The show has some good points. The zombie scenes are well done. They got the greatest television composer ever, Bear McCreary, doing the music. This season they finally introduced some interesting non zombie elements. But the show hasn't been that great at things it's trying to be good at. Namely being a show about people surviving a zombie apocalypse instead of a zombie apocalypse show. It's the right call, but the characters aren't that interesting. And they should be paying closer attention to details in trying to recreate their zombie apocalypse universe. Like why the hell is there a dude who has been trapped in a prison for months who still shaves his head? It's bad enough T-Dog was finding time for it. I shave my head. And if the zombie apocalypse hits, man, I'm letting it go!
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #279
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeepers View Post
vikings is one as well sundays, now 3 sunday shows. in order of best product its GOT, Vikings, Walking Dead for me.

Vikings has me hooked, as well.

With Spartacus & Walking Dead wrapping up, I'm glad I have another show to look forward to.
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:02 AM   #280
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I was somewhat disappointed in the finale. It looks like it's going to be an epic battle and they run into a hallway and have some flash bangs go off, run away and then the Governor does what he does and just runs away some more. I don't know. I was hoping for something more clever from either party. Not just going into a hallway and then running away while two people in body army shoot at other people.

I am glad Andrea died. She was just one big bag of bad decisions. I am having trouble thinking of the last time she made a good choice.

There were some pretty contrived moments. Like why it took her so long to pick up the pliers with her feet. I can do that right now. I also don't understand why the left Woodbury. TAKE Woodbury. It has food, water and electricity. It has homes. It had to be at least somewhat defensible.

I don't know. It was like they just hurried to wrap it up. I liked that Rick resolved his deal with Lori. I like that Tyreece is in the camp now. I like that they did the right thing. I don't like that Karl is a murderer.

We'll see.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #281
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I think Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are two of the best shows that have ever been on cable tv or any tv.
Great shows, but any discussion of "best ever" that doesn't include The Wire or Sopranos isn't legit. And I'd personally throw Breaking Bad into the discussion as well, but that's at least open for debate unlike the other two.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #282
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I was somewhat disappointed in the finale. It looks like it's going to be an epic battle and they run into a hallway and have some flash bangs go off, run away and then the Governor does what he does and just runs away some more. I don't know. I was hoping for something more clever from either party. Not just going into a hallway and then running away while two people in body army shoot at other people.

I am glad Andrea died. She was just one big bag of bad decisions. I am having trouble thinking of the last time she made a good choice.

There were some pretty contrived moments. Like why it took her so long to pick up the pliers with her feet. I can do that right now. I also don't understand why the left Woodbury. TAKE Woodbury. It has food, water and electricity. It has homes. It had to be at least somewhat defensible.

I don't know. It was like they just hurried to wrap it up. I liked that Rick resolved his deal with Lori. I like that Tyreece is in the camp now. I like that they did the right thing. I don't like that Karl is a murderer.

We'll see.
I agree with most of this except the bolded. As I was watching that scene play-out, I wasn't buying that the kid was really going to give up his weapon. He was looking at Karl like he was sizing him up. So, I didn't blame him too much for doing the safe thing. Plus, the reasons he gave to Rick made sense, I thought. So, I didn't see him as having committed "murder." I didn't view it that way. Maybe you could look at it as a little bit of the Shane mentality rubbing off, but frankly I thought Shane was right about a lot of stuff (not all, but a lot).
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #283
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
If you hate to watch the show...why watch it Then post about it on a website. Makes perfect sense.
I dunno, hatewatching something hardly started with me.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #284
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Great shows, but any discussion of "best ever" that doesn't include The Wire or Sopranos isn't legit. And I'd personally throw Breaking Bad into the discussion as well, but that's at least open for debate unlike the other two.
If Walking Dead is in the discussion with The Wire, Sopranos, GOT, Breaking Bad, Madmen, then I feel sad for the history of televison. And while I think the creators were trying for that lofty status at first, I dont think they are any longer. After season 2, they realized its strength was violence, shock value, a video game atmosphere, and not smart writing like the shows above.

The ironic thing about the show is that there's an hour long discussion talk show afterwards...to talk about..**** i dont even know what, Ive never watched it.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #285
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
I agree with most of this except the bolded. As I was watching that scene play-out, I wasn't buying that the kid was really going to give up his weapon. He was looking at Karl like he was sizing him up. So, I didn't blame him too much for doing the safe thing. Plus, the reasons he gave to Rick made sense, I thought. So, I didn't see him as having committed "murder." I didn't view it that way. Maybe you could look at it as a little bit of the Shane mentality rubbing off, but frankly I thought Shane was right about a lot of stuff (not all, but a lot).
I didn't trust him either and probably would have shot him but I think he deserved one final warning. I also think the motivation had as much to do with "look Dad, I can fight" as it did the very valid reasons that Karl learned from Shane.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #286
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I didn't trust him either and probably would have shot him but I think he deserved one final warning. I also think the motivation had as much to do with "look Dad, I can fight" as it did the very valid reasons that Karl learned from Shane.
It honestly just goes back to the "Sins of our father" routine they shoved down our throats last year, but ignored (smartly) this year until now. It's a well worn theme.

What kind of example are we setting for the children of the future!

They should just put a bullet through carl's head and not worry about it.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #287
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
It honestly just goes back to the "Sins of our father" routine they shoved down our throats last year, but ignored (smartly) this year until now. It's a well worn theme.

What kind of example are we setting for the children of the future!

They should just put a bullet through carl's head and not worry about it.
.... well alright then!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:19 AM   #288
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
.... well alright then!
haha hey, I'm just here to offer solutions!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #289
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
If Walking Dead is in the discussion with The Wire, Sopranos, GOT, Breaking Bad, Madmen...
I love the show but I agree, I'm not cetain it belongs in that discussion. Was just trying to point out to that poster that when you start talking "best ever" you pretty much have to first consider those shows. Oh, and it's Mad Men (not Madmen).
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #290
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Of the non reality TV shows that are still going on that I watch, I'd have to put GOT 1, Breaking Bad 2, Justified 3, Hell on Wheels 4, then Walking Dead.

I admit that since season 2 I've been hate watching Spartacus, but the last episode was pretty good. But wish they would have raped then chopped off Nivea's arms and legs, then beheaded her. I hate the new actors/actresses that they've put out there. The writing has also sucked since season 2. Can't wait till that godawful piece of **** is done, so I can move on.

Sometime soon when bored I'll start watching Sons of Anarchy and Mad Men. But I can't list them because I haven't seen them.

But Game of Thrones, man, that is just one of those series that I watch, rewatch the episode again to make sure I didn't miss anything before the last episode, then watch the previous season before the next season starts to get caught up. I wish they would do like 30 episode seasons. I think that that is the best show I've ever watched. Above 24, Sopranos, Deadwood, and right there with Archer.

Last edited by spdirty; 04-01-2013 at 09:54 AM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #291
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Not only did the kid not drop the weapon immediately, he still had it leveled toward Carl; he was undecided and it's not a certainty that he wouldn't have fired rather than surrendering his weapon. Remember, everyone in Woodbury had been told by the Governor that the prison group was dangerous and wanted to kill them.

As for Carl... he was the last line of defense for Herschel, Beth, and his baby sister and that's probably why he didn't give the kid the benefit of any doubt and didn't take any chances (mostly because of the baby's presence with them). Misjudgment could have meant death for all of them.

That said... I was troubled by the way he spoke to Rick. It doesn't matter that he's growing up and becoming a man; it isn't acceptable to talk to one's father like that. even in a zombie apocalypse. Rick's going to have to deal with his son's disrespect eventually.

If the thing with the Governor had played out any other way, the writers would have had to kill him off... and he's too interesting of a villain to kill off so quickly. Completely unhinged and even his two lieutenants have to realize that after he massacred his own "army". But his hatred for Michonne is too strong for him to just "move on"... he's going to remain a threat to the group just because she's with them.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #292
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

I also love me some Vikings... Excellent production and tons of possible story line.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #293
ShutDownPoster
raging lurker

JUSTICE is served!!

Quote:

We'll see.
I hate that Carl is a murderer because that kid is just about the worst child actor on TV. You need a good actor to pull that off. Let's hope he goes into a coma next season - though he probably would have a hard time lying motionless in a prison cot
ShutDownPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #294
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:

We'll see.
Yours is the Superior.

I thought the same things.

At some point you think they would start making positive changes, they are going to need a food supply, and learn to think past the present.

Doesn't anyone have a HAM radio or monitor for activity or news? You would think there would be pilots who made it this far who would be flying recon missions looking for others...

I get that the writers want to make a point that we are our own worst enemies but by now there should be some sort of organized civil defense that would be working together to whittle down the walker population as well as gather the survivors into groups.

In a situation like that resources would be key and you would want to build a group big enough to feed and care for people that is not lead by a madman.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #295
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Yours is the Superior.

At some point you think they would start making positive changes, they are going to need a food supply, and learn to think past the present.

Doesn't anyone have a HAM radio or monitor for activity or news? You would think there would be pilots who made it this far who would be flying recon missions looking for others...

I get that the writers want to make a point that we are our own worst enemies but by now there should be some sort of organized civil defense that would be working together to whittle down the walker population as well as gather the survivors into groups.

In a situation like that resources would be key and you would want to build a group big enough to feed and care for people that is not lead by a madman.
Your theory would hold no water if you would be talking about fast zombies. If they were fast zombies Michone would be the only person on Earth left alive.

Cannot wait for World War Z

P.S.: You and your ham radios
Old 04-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #296
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Yours is the Superior.

There have been hints at some semblance of organized civil defense efforts in the most recent season... for instance, the helicopter that crashed near Michonne and Andrea (when they first saw the Governor... with the reintroduction of Merle); and the National Guard unit that the Governor massacred (to take their weapons) after waving the white flag as he approached them.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #297
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

We'll see.
I liked the fact that Milton had to sit there dying knowing that he should have let Andrea kill the Governor and he would still be alive. Then Andrea had too as well. You knew the guy was crazy and you let him live. Now you are dead dumb ****s.

As for taking Woodbury, I wouldn't take it either. The Governor and his guys know pretty much everything about it, at least the prison still has surprises for anyone trying to sneak in. Also I think Karl did the right thing. The kid kept coming towards him as he was lowering the gun. I think he was going to try and grab the gun from Karl.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #298
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:

We'll see.
I love that Carl killed that kid. Finally someone from the prison other than Glenn grows some balls. And kid or not the guy Carl killed came to kill the prison group. No room for compassion in that situation, and Herschell can shove that stump up his ass if he disagrees. I applauded when I saw that Andrea got bit, I have hated her character since damn near the first episode I saw with her in it.

My main issue is nothing happened this season
It was all lead up to absolutely nothing.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:03 PM   #299
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Yours is the Superior.

1. There wouldn't be very many people alive. Food would be super scarce.
2. Guns would rule. People with guns and ammo would have power. People without guns would not.
3. Society would exist as it does everywhere with severely limited food, and lots of guns...warlords with travelling bands of gunman would take over.
4. Peaceful groups would be easily exploited and overrun for their food and women by the warlords (just like in 3rd world countries).
5. And just like in 3rd world countries, there would be little chance for any semblance of civilization to exist.
6. The most well-armed group would rule. It wouldn't be ran by 'nice guys', they would be like the Governor, and would be the most power hungry, ruthless psychopaths (just like in 3rd world countries).
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #300
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
I love that Carl killed that kid. Finally someone from the prison other than Glenn grows some balls. And kid or not the guy Carl killed came to kill the prison group. No room for compassion in that situation, and Herschell can shove that stump up his ass if he disagrees. I applauded when I saw that Andrea got bit, I have hated her character since damn near the first episode I saw with her in it.

My main issue is nothing happened this season
It was all lead up to absolutely nothing.
For sure this season, the living were far more dangerous/treacherous than the dead. Neither Andrea nor Lori will be missed much... both were pretty much useless and annoying to boot.