The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #51
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
You didnt even know he was drafted. Your logic about smith is all over the place. Alex smith was a bad to mediocre QB. Singletary and nolan did him no favors. The switch you're talking about? Ya that's Jim Harbaugh. He knew how to utilize smith. He knew his strengths and weaknesses. All you have to do is watch the DIFFERENCE in the offenses smith was running. He got better cause someone knew how to play him in an offense that benefited him. You assume he rode the bench as a rookie? He was INJURED. Nolan took him out because of that. 2nd year? Well he played every single snap during that season. So your "riding the bench" assumption is about as stupid as not knowing he was drafted by the niners.
This^.....

Reminds me of the guy who said Drew Brees sucked for his first 5-6 years....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #52
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I hate the Raiders and Chefs, but I don't like seeing them stoop to Alex Smith and Matt Flynn. Pretty pathetic really.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:24 PM   #53
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
I hate the Raiders and Chefs, but I don't like seeing them stoop to Alex Smith and Matt Flynn. Pretty pathetic really.
Don't agree. Reid will build up Alex Smith to become as good as Alex Smith could possibly be. Granted, that will never be anywhere near a Peyton Manning, but Reid has a pretty solid track record with QBs.I read some time ago that Brett Favre credits Reid for turning around his career.

Reid scares me in this division. The Raiders? Meh.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:21 PM   #54
Broncos4Life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
Don't agree. Reid will build up Alex Smith to become as good as Alex Smith could possibly be. Granted, that will never be anywhere near a Peyton Manning, but Reid has a pretty solid track record with QBs.I read some time ago that Brett Favre credits Reid for turning around his career.

All Reid has done for most of his coaching career is produce choke artist qbs that play average or just above and show their true colors come playoffs. Game managers. Granted hes put together some real good teams with a lot of talent around. I think its more about the teams he builds up on both sides of the ball. He isn't bad with qbs, and I'm sure Smith will fit right in managing the game for him. The one guy I think of having a solid track record with qbs is Shanny. He could almost make any qb look great.

If there is one team in the West that is a threat, its definitely the Chefs.
Broncos4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:36 PM   #55
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2win View Post
I would. Put full court press on until you get that QB, then get the team around him.

I also love what Elway did last year, Basically (hopefully) solving the QB position now and for down the road.
Also I bet they can see right now if Oswieller will be any good. Broncos probably already have a good idea if he can be a good starter someday.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:38 PM   #56
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I also disagree Reid is washed up. He can coach up good offense and i think Chiefs will be way better this yr. Better not sleep on them they have a talented duo in Charles and Bowe and high enough picks they could get 2 starters out of the draft easy.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #57
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I'll say this ... few if any observers understood what a deeply flawed player/person McNabb was until he was without Andy Reid. In fact, there were some who waxed poetic about McNabb's "place in history." You don't hear that talk any more these days.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:52 AM   #58
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
You didnt even know he was drafted. Your logic about smith is all over the place. Alex smith was a bad to mediocre QB. Singletary and nolan did him no favors. The switch you're talking about? Ya that's Jim Harbaugh. He knew how to utilize smith. He knew his strengths and weaknesses. All you have to do is watch the DIFFERENCE in the offenses smith was running. He got better cause someone knew how to play him in an offense that benefited him. You assume he rode the bench as a rookie? He was INJURED. Nolan took him out because of that. 2nd year? Well he played every single snap during that season. So your "riding the bench" assumption is about as stupid as not knowing he was drafted by the niners.

WTF is wrong with your assumption he is a good qb ? other than your wrong............The Niners added talent around the guy and then and only then he got better..................

Since your such a smartass go look up how many games he played and how many he rode the bench before the last two years ? He has been benched multiple times.

**** no I didn't remeber he was drafted by the Niners cause I don't give a chit about them..............

You a-holes thinking he will play in KC like he did in SF without the same talent are clueless.

If your gonna deny the talent went up dramatically in SF and thats when Alex Smith got better but that wasn't why then you truly are drunk or stupid or both.

He doesn't have the support cast in KC,,,,,dumbass

The difference in the offences is ALEX SMITH BECAME A GAME MANAGER.....UNDER Harbough............

**** you even Trent Dilfer looked servicable once upon a time...........lets here your stupid excuses for him.

Smith is a game manager on a good football team and sucks without a high level of talent around him .

Unless you want to deny recent history go F yourself............cause these are the facts.

Last edited by Jetmeck; 04-01-2013 at 02:04 AM..
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:55 AM   #59
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post

Reid don;'t play and they don't have anywhere near the talent SF has............WTF are you guys thinking
Old 04-01-2013, 01:56 AM   #60
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
This^.....

Reminds me of the guy who said Drew Brees sucked for his first 5-6 years....
You got selective memory............Brees was a shadow in SD compared to what he has done in NO
Old 04-01-2013, 01:59 AM   #61
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
You didn't even know Alex smith was drafted by the 49ers,and question what other people know about football.

Know damn reason I should have remebered when and where an average QB was drafted, I'll leave that to you guys with no life.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:01 AM   #62
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Know damn reason I should have remebered when and where an average QB was drafted, I'll leave that to you guys with no life.
It's not like he was the first pick in the draft.
broncogary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #63
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

I saw the Chiefs are taking a look at Geno Smith today. There had also been rumors earlier Oakland liked him.

Now consider this: Both Alex Smith (KC) and Matt Flynn (Oak) are coming off years where they were presumed starters who were replace by younger, much more athletic QBs. If either KC or Oakland pick up Smith that would have to immediately rattle Smith / Flynn.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #64
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
I'll say this ... few if any observers understood what a deeply flawed player/person McNabb was until he was without Andy Reid. In fact, there were some who waxed poetic about McNabb's "place in history." You don't hear that talk any more these days.
Second look at Rush Limbaugh?

ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #65
ol#7

Quote:
Stop, just stop. You clearly have no knowledge on Alex Smith aside from what you just hastily googled. Hence, you have no real knowledge with which to base an opinion.

Run along now.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #66
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

What a horrible year to have the #1 pick if you need a QB. Geno Smith doesn't impress Reid and Reid turned McNabb into a franchise QB.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #67
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

bronco fans feel your pain, Raider Nation

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #68
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogary View Post
It's not like he was the first pick in the draft.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #69
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I'm a Geno Smith supporter ... he looks like a tall Russell Wilson to me. Both are hard-working, nose-to-the-grindstone guys. Like Wilson, Smith put up sick completion % and TD-Int numbers in college. And just like Wilson, Smith made a big jump up in conferences his senior year - from Big East to Big XII. Despite the move, his numbers actually improved. The guy just doesn't throw interceptions.
Smith's senior season 71% 42-6 numbers remind you of .........
Wilson's senior season 73% 33-4 his one year @ Wisconsin after three @ NC State
Old 04-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #70
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
WTF is wrong with your assumption he is a good qb ? other than your wrong............The Niners added talent around the guy and then and only then he got better..................

Since your such a smartass go look up how many games he played and how many he rode the bench before the last two years ? He has been benched multiple times.

**** no I didn't remeber he was drafted by the Niners cause I don't give a chit about them..............

You a-holes thinking he will play in KC like he did in SF without the same talent are clueless.

If your gonna deny the talent went up dramatically in SF and thats when Alex Smith got better but that wasn't why then you truly are drunk or stupid or both.

He doesn't have the support cast in KC,,,,,dumbass

The difference in the offences is ALEX SMITH BECAME A GAME MANAGER.....UNDER Harbough............

**** you even Trent Dilfer looked servicable once upon a time...........lets here your stupid excuses for him.

Smith is a game manager on a good football team and sucks without a high level of talent around him .

Unless you want to deny recent history go F yourself............cause these are the facts.
What supporting cast on offense did Smith have in SF that wasn't in place until Harbough arrived? The only piece he added was Crabtree, most of the OL, TE and RB where in place. And is not like Smith went to Crabtree much.

Smith started to do great because for once, he had a coach that believed in him and for once had continuity with the offensive coordinator. Smith is not a world beater, but he is definitely better than any QB they had had since Montana.

Plus, your post (rant) loses all credibility once you state Dilfer looked serviceable once upon a time. Smith is far away from Dilfer talent wise. Dilfer sucked an rode the Best Defense in the history of the NFL to a title. Dilfer sucked balls.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #71
FearLanier

Quote:
I'm a Geno Smith supporter ... he looks like a tall Russell Wilson to me. Both are hard-working, nose-to-the-grindstone guys. Like Wilson, Smith put up sick completion % and TD-Int numbers in college. And just like Wilson, Smith made a big jump up in conferences his senior year - from Big East to Big XII. Despite the move, his numbers actually improved. The guy just doesn't throw interceptions.
I initially thought this too, but after watching him play, it's easy to notice that a majority of his throws are within 5 yards of the LOS.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #72
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
The only knock on Wilson was his height. If Wilson had Geno Smith's height, he would have been drafted in the top 10.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #73
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
What supporting cast on offense did Smith have in SF that wasn't in place until Harbough arrived? The only piece he added was Crabtree, most of the OL, TE and RB where in place. And is not like Smith went to Crabtree much.

Smith started to do great because for once, he had a coach that believed in him and for once had continuity with the offensive coordinator. Smith is not a world beater, but he is definitely better than any QB they had had since Montana.

Plus, your post (rant) loses all credibility once you state Dilfer looked serviceable once upon a time. Smith is far away from Dilfer talent wise. Dilfer sucked an rode the Best Defense in the history of the NFL to a title. Dilfer sucked balls.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:08 PM   #74
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Hell Jeff Garcia threw 84 TDs vs 32 INTs in a three year span for San Fran. Alex Smith has 81 TDs in 7 years for San Fran.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #75
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Was talking about the Chiefs. It was a response to Jetmeck's post. Next time read fully and not just my response. That way you don't look lazy and avoid taking it out of context.

Last edited by Heyneck; 04-01-2013 at 01:23 PM..
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote