The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 11:53 AM   #126
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I think it's time to move Miller all over the field. He's going into his 3rd yr now and should make a leap as far as understanding NFL offenses. Play Wolfe at one end, Ayers at the other, use Malik as a role player. Then on passing downs bring Miller from both sides. Move him around more like we did with mecklenburg. Go ahead and let Miller have a few shots at the right tackle or come inside.

just something that seems logical to me considering Miller not that great in coverage yet. Move him around and make the whole oline worry about him. Make the QB account for him not knowing where he will come from until the hit the LOS.
Nice thoughts here. It's similar to my idea of how we can replace the Doom production in my next offseason plan..
Old 03-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #127
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Nice thoughts here. It's similar to my idea of how we can replace the Doom production in my next offseason plan..
To move a player around a lot they have to be really smart. I don't know if Miller going to leap to that point. I am thinking he will though. If he does we could IMO widen his role to bring pressure and run penetration blitzes from all over the LOS.

Also though sometimes he will have to cover just no way around it. So we have to look for at least a 3rd down pass rusher in the draft. Even if its a smaller guy who can't start at DE until he bulks up. Someone though that can play 10-15 snaps a game on 3rd down this yr.

Then obviously we need Wolfe, Ayers to step up big time. Malik maybe also.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #128
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Yup, the DTs and LDE are there to protect the linebackers and allow the RDE to rush.
And the unit will be even better this year with the maturation of Wolfe and the addition of Knighton.