The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #26
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conklin View Post
This thread is full of fail. Alex Smith was drafted by the 49'ers.

Just checked your correct but he still rode the bench as a first round pick and didn't get to a somewhat better QB until the talent level around him improved drastically..............

Try calling BS on that..............and he is going right back to mediocre talent in KC..........I give him two years in any other town, KC will keep him around for 3-4 then leave like Cassell did.

Anyone thinking Alex Smith just all at once threw a switch after years of mediocrity doesn't understand football .
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:58 PM   #27
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Now Smith has another new HC and another new OC not to mention all new players, lineman and receivers to get used to as well... He'll be lucky if he only reverts to Alex 2010 circa his first year in KC.

They should be decent on defense, but it IS kansas city after all .. that void spot on the map ... so anything could go wrong and likely will, as usual.

Last edited by Hulamau; 03-29-2013 at 11:03 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #28
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Just checked your correct but he still rode the bench as a first round pick and didn't get to a somewhat better QB until the talent level around him improved drastically..............

Try calling BS on that..............and he is going right back to mediocre talent in KC..........I give him two years in any other town, KC will keep him around for 3-4 then leave like Cassell did.

Anyone thinking Alex Smith just all at once threw a switch after years of mediocrity doesn't understand football .
You didn't even know Alex smith was drafted by the 49ers,and question what other people know about football.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #29
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

So...Brady or either Manning would have had similar success to what they currently have if they had 3 headcoaches and 5 OC changes in a 5 year span?

I am not saying Smith is Brady or Manning or Manning, but to say "he sucks" because of how his career started is not being fair to the guy. He is not a bad QB. He is not a great QB. And for KC at the moment that's enough.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:54 PM   #30
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Next years QB draft class is gonna be filled with elite, big time NFL calibur talent.
Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech- Dude is 6'6 260 and has a cannon. An even bigger Cam Newton clone.
Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia- Just plain ol good. Kind of a bigger Drew Brees.
Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville - Kid is gonna be a superstar. Just oooozes with big time, NFL talent. This kid could make an even bigger impact as a rookie than both RG3 and Tyler Wilson.
Tyler Bray- Another 6'6, big armed passer.

And Chokeland trades away even more of what they already are in short supply of for a back-up.
Thomas is a choke artist, if he hadn't ****ted the bed this year he'd have a clear path to #1 with his talent.

Bray declared this year. i think he ends up as a franchise QB if he gets taken by a franchise that will reign him in. that son of a gun has a lot of Cutler in him, both good and bad.
if we didn't have Brock i'd be pushing for him or Glennon in the 2nd or 3rd.

Murray and Bridgewater are good, could end up duking it out for the first QB drafted next year.
but the Raiders are rebuilding from the Palmer trade fiasco and McKenzie is trying to stay employed. you don't do that by relying on Pryor to be your QB competition for a QB draftee.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:56 PM   #31
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:

Smith did well when his OC was stable. Norv Turner helped him greatly and then bolted for SD and until Harbaugh couldn't get his mojo back.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:51 AM   #32
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Really when you have Flynn and Alex Smith as two of the three QB's you face in your division do you really need a pass rush? Then you think remember the other QB you face has like one returning starter on the OL.
on the other hand, last year it was Carson Palmer's Corpse and Mattdy Quinnessel
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #33
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
So...Brady or either Manning would have had similar success to what they currently have if they had 3 headcoaches and 5 OC changes in a 5 year span?

I am not saying Smith is Brady or Manning or Manning, but to say "he sucks" because of how his career started is not being fair to the guy. He is not a bad QB. He is not a great QB. And for KC at the moment that's enough.

Maybe if Smith was a good QB, his coaches wouldn't have kept getting fired?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:22 AM   #34
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

lol at the Raiders.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:04 AM   #35
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

The trade would've already happened, but Seattle is taking pity by not accepting the Faiders' offer of 3 first rounders...

But seriously, whatever they trade for Flynn will be too much.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:25 AM   #36
B-Large

I don't mind the Raiders as a team as much as I hate their fans... Where do they find these mouth-breathing, knuckle-dragging pieces of wanna be gangster ****?
Old 03-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #37
FearLanier

Wow and now the Bills sign Kevin Kolb.

This draft class might be the worst in NFL history. Yikes.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #38
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

You didnt even know he was drafted. Your logic about smith is all over the place. Alex smith was a bad to mediocre QB. Singletary and nolan did him no favors. The switch you're talking about? Ya that's Jim Harbaugh. He knew how to utilize smith. He knew his strengths and weaknesses. All you have to do is watch the DIFFERENCE in the offenses smith was running. He got better cause someone knew how to play him in an offense that benefited him. You assume he rode the bench as a rookie? He was INJURED. Nolan took him out because of that. 2nd year? Well he played every single snap during that season. So your "riding the bench" assumption is about as stupid as not knowing he was drafted by the niners.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #39
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Maybe if Smith was a good QB, his coaches wouldn't have kept getting fired?

Maybe if blue were green, dodos would still exist.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #40
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Wow and now the Bills sign Kevin Kolb.

This draft class might be the worst in NFL history. Yikes.
nah, it's just weak at the QB position. It's strong in other positions, like offensive tackle and defensive line...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #41
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I'd take Kolb before Alex Smith. The thing with Kolb is he can't stay healthy...
Old 03-31-2013, 12:20 AM   #42
Rolandftw

Dunno what the Raiders will end up giving up for Flynn, but if it's not much probably the deal KC should have done instead of the 2nd and 2nd or 3rd for Smith. If there's not a franchise QB available, get a stop gap. Flynn probably sucks, but if so they'll just be back near the top of the draft again next year.

It's also possible that the Raiders realize they don't even have a decent backup QB if they trade/cut Palmer, and need to have some viable competition if they do draft a QB high this year.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:02 AM   #43
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I'd take Kolb before Alex Smith. The thing with Kolb is he can't stay healthy...
Sorry I meant QB class.

How can you say Kolb is better than Smith?! Smith has actually done something in the league.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:49 AM   #44
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
No Smith is just better Kolb sucks balls like big balls all over his face
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:23 AM   #45
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Sorry I meant QB class.

How can you say Kolb is better than Smith?! Smith has actually done something in the league.
I think if Kolb could ever play a few complete seasons he has more upside than Smith. We know what Smith can and can't do, the jury is still pretty much out on Kolb because he can't stay healthy. It's not that I particularly love Kolb, I just think he can still be better than Smith.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #46
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
No Smith is just better Kolb sucks balls like big balls all over his face
well you would know
Old 03-31-2013, 12:34 PM   #47
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Quote:
well you would know
hahahahahaha I'm a expert on ball sucking and you can't aford me.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #48
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

A friend of mine and I were talking and we basically came to the conclusion until you have a great QB you should draft them and sign them as FA until you do. Face the facts it only takes about 2 yrs to see if someone has what it takes to get it done.

Palmer too old and Pryor unproven. Go ahead and trade for Flynn because until you get a QB you will stuck anyways. Hell draft Geno first round, then also trade for Flynn. Maybe Flynn makes rookie qbs play well.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:44 PM   #49
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
I think if Kolb could ever play a few complete seasons he has more upside than Smith. We know what Smith can and can't do, the jury is still pretty much out on Kolb because he can't stay healthy. It's not that I particularly love Kolb, I just think he can still be better than Smith.
Meh Kolb looks lost out there IMO.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #50
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
A friend of mine and I were talking and we basically came to the conclusion until you have a great QB you should draft them and sign them as FA until you do. Face the facts it only takes about 2 yrs to see if someone has what it takes to get it done.

Palmer too old and Pryor unproven. Go ahead and trade for Flynn because until you get a QB you will stuck anyways. Hell draft Geno first round, then also trade for Flynn. Maybe Flynn makes rookie qbs play well.
I would. Put full court press on until you get that QB, then get the team around him.

I also love what Elway did last year, Basically (hopefully) solving the QB position now and for down the road.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote