The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 11:51 PM   #251
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Minion View Post
Don't go electric, here's why:

Beard hairs under a scanning electron microscope: razor (left) versus electric shaver (right)

Wow shaving with a razor cuts evenly and creates a vagina in each hair follicle.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #252
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
I was told about this method a few years go and it seems to work when I remember to do it.

Thanks for the tip there Terry but I want to know how you fit into that tiny little shower behind you?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #253
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Okay, I've adopted a new technique ... not a conventional wisdom technique, but it does provide the most comfortable shaves I've ever had.
  • Heat the entire face with hot water as usual, leave lightly damp.
  • Apply an even layer of lotion over entire shave area. Better lotion is better of course, I use the better half's Nivea, pretty good.
  • Apply shave cream or gel directly over lotion. It's okay to mix them some.
  • Shave as usual

I can shave faster, closer, without the slightest irritation, burn, nothing at all. Started using this process almost a year ago, and it's worked so well for me that if there's no lotion, I have to get some before I shave.

Lotion step might not seem revolutionary, after all some gels have lotion in them, but it seemed strange to me at first ... thought the lotion would slow the blades or something, but there's no problems.

Hmmm, sounds like a good idea. My question is how does the lotion clog up the razor, that is, I'm thinking the lotion gets in between the blades and is hard to clean out between uses?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #254
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Okay, I've adopted a new technique ... not a conventional wisdom technique, but it does provide the most comfortable shaves I've ever had.
  • Apply an even layer of lotion over entire shave area. Better lotion is better of course, I use the better half's Nivea, pretty good.
  • Shave as usual

I can shave faster, closer, without the slightest irritation, burn, nothing at all. Started using this process almost a year ago, and it's worked so well for me that if there's no lotion, I have to get some before I shave.

Lotion step might not seem revolutionary, after all some gels have lotion in them, but it seemed strange to me at first ... thought the lotion would slow the blades or something, but there's no problems.

Try an old timey brush and mug with shaving soap in it, get the water nice and hot, later the brush up on your face making sure to push the wiskers away from your face. You can add lotion to the brush or mug if you want.

I have had the best and closest shaves with less irritation since I went back to a brush. Plus it is easier to clean the shaving cream doesn't get all over your hands and you don't end up washing it all down the drain. Plus the soap lasts a long time.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #255
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
  • Shave as usual

Have you tried this on your anus, yet? How would you rate the consistency in the technique from face to b-hole?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #256
19Morton77
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Have you tried this on your anus, yet? How would you rate the consistency in the technique from face to b-hole?
I am not sure which way Bronco Buff goes but if he plays for the other team, I am sure your penis will be completely satisfied with the entry smoothness. Just don't give us a review after your said encounter.
19Morton77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #257
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Got new electric trimmer kit and shaver (Norelco and Remington) for Christmas and used it once. Prefer it old school. Steak knife and warmed up butter. BAM.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #258
Brewer
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Shaving is for boys who cannot handle manhood.
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #259
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Just bought this today. Should be here in 2-3 days. I don't trust myself with a straight razor so went with a safety razor.

Merkur 23C/180 Long Handle Chrome Safety Razor Closed Comb

http://shavenation.com/index.php?mai...products_id=16
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #260
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Just bought this today. Should be here in 2-3 days. I don't trust myself with a straight razor so went with a safety razor.

Merkur 23C/180 Long Handle Chrome Safety Razor Closed Comb

http://shavenation.com/index.php?mai...products_id=16
I've been using the same one. It's awesome. Get a sample pack of different blades to find the one you like the best (there are definitely differences).
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #261
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewer View Post
Shaving is for boys who cannot handle manhood.
I do grow a beard every winter - I am sporting one now. But I also enjoy a nice shave.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #262
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I do grow a beard every winter - I am sporting one now. But I also enjoy a nice shave.
I did a playoff beard this year. I shaved the morning of the Chiefs game, then just let it go. I had dreams of looking like ZZ Top on Super Bowl Sunday.

I didn't even wait until the next morning, after we lost to the Ravens. That nasty thing was almost mocking me.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:54 PM   #263
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

I actually shave my head while leaving a trimmed beard. For a shaving oil I just use baby oil... a few drops mixed with a few drops of water works better than a lot of far more expensive shaving creams. Baby oil is cheap... a $1 bottle would easily last you years of shaving every day.

For razors I use the Dorco Pace 6 Plus: http://www.dorcousa.com/sxa5000-6-bl...ystem-for-men/

While I'm sure straight edge or safety razors have their advantages, anyone paying for the overpriced Gillette cartridges and razors will quickly realize how bad they are getting ripped off if they try the Dorco Pace 6. It's actually a better razor than the Mach 3 and the handle and cartridges are far cheaper. I can get a lot more shaves out of one cartridge than I could with the Mach 3 too.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #264
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
I've been using the same one. It's awesome. Get a sample pack of different blades to find the one you like the best (there are definitely differences).
Yea...I realized after I had bought it that I might need blades so I had to go to Wal-Mart. Bought some cheap blades. Still a closer shave than anything I have used. I'm going to invest in some better pre-shave supplies and blades.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #265
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Just made my purchase. I'm about to go use it and I'm nervous!

Name:  582417_10101364274494865_357338132_n.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  66.2 KB
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #266
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Welp, that hurt.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #267
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Welp, that hurt.
I can say from experience that those AOS thiers issard razors do not in anyway come shave ready from the AOS stores. I would suggest sending it out to get honed.

I know some people that can do it (usually costs around $20), or if interested I can get it ready for you (I'm pretty experienced with straights as I've sharpened over 1000 and made a few from scratch in my day). Shoot me a pm if interested.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:05 PM   #268
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #269
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

I have essential familial tremor so no razor for me. Norelco is ok but that's about it. At least I dont have vagina beard.
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:02 PM   #270
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
I have essential familial tremor so no razor for me. Norelco is ok but that's about it. At least I dont have vagina beard.
....um, what is that?
Old 03-31-2013, 11:41 AM   #271
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
....um, what is that?
Google - it's your friend.

Essential tremor (ET) is a progressive neurological disorder of which the most recognizable feature is a tremor of the arms or hands that is apparent during voluntary movements such as eating and writing.[1] This type of tremor is often referred to as "kinetic tremor." The tremor may also occur in the head (neck), jaw and voice as well as other body regions, with the general pattern being that the tremor begins in the arms and then spreads to these other regions in selected patients. Women are more likely to develop the head tremor than are men.[2][3] Other types of tremor may also occur, including postural tremor of the outstretched arms, intentional tremor of the arms and rest tremor in the arms.[4] Some patients may have unsteadiness and problems with gait and balance that are above and beyond that due to normal aging.[5][6] In addition to these motor problems, a variety of non-motor features have recently been linked with ET. These include anxiety and depressive symptoms as well as cognitive difficulty.[7] Recent studies have demonstrated that late-onset ET (onset > age 65) may be associated with an increased risk of developing dementia.[8] ET is one of the most common neurological diseases, with a prevalence of approximately 4% in persons age 40 and older and considerably higher among persons in their 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s.[9][10] Aside from enhanced physiological tremor, it is the most common type of tremor and one of the most commonly observed movement disorders.[11] Essential tremor was also previously known as "benign essential tremor", but the adjective "benign" has been removed in recognition of the sometimes disabling nature of the disorder. Although essential tremor is often mild, patients with severe tremor have difficulty performing many of their routine activities of daily living.[12][13]
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:56 AM   #272
illbroncsfn
Ring of Famer

adopt a bronco- Barrel Man's Barrel

Anyone made purchases from bull goose shave?
illbroncsfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:13 AM   #273
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Google - it's your friend.
Forget that. I wanna know what "vagina beard" is.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:25 AM   #274
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Yeah, don't google that at work!
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #275
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Isn't that pretty much all 70's pr0n?