The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 04:05 AM   #376
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default



I needed a good morning laugh.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #377
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

You know what I hate? ESPN, thats what.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #378
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!
 
OrangeCrush2724's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Miami
Posts: 581
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
I know this playoff season is probably going nowhere for the Bulls.

But I will give them a standing O in DC on Tuesday. I am satisfied that they are the ones who killed the Cheat's streak.

I cannot stand the ****ing heat. Oh and stop crying LeBron, you ****ing headcase.
Yeah you are right...
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #379
SlyEli
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

How serious is Lawson's injury? Plantar fascia tear seems prettyy serious to me, for them to call it day to day surprises me. Without him they go nowhere in the playoffs. They better hope its not bad
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #380
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I wish they would have just shut him down til the playoffs rather than trying to prop him up for the Spurs game.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #381
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 17,008

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
How serious is Lawson's injury? Plantar fascia tear seems prettyy serious to me, for them to call it day to day surprises me. Without him they go nowhere in the playoffs. They better hope its not bad
Los Angeles Lakers forward Pau Gasol is expected to be out a minimum of six to eight weeks with a tear in the plantar fascia of his right foot
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #382
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

The Spurs did us a big favor by beating the Clips last night.

It was real nice to see Fournier get some minutes and make an impact last night. This kind of time can be invaluable; getting live game experience is good for somebody like him.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #383
spiralism
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Clips lose again..am i right in saying though that if we end up with more wins than LAC but less than Memphis we end up #5 though because division leaders have to be in the top 4 seeds?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #384
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Clips lose again..am i right in saying though that if we end up with more wins than LAC but less than Memphis we end up #5 though because division leaders have to be in the top 4 seeds?
yep, just like in about every sport. division winners take priority.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #385
bombay
Ring of Famer
 
bombay's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: denver
Posts: 5,660
Default

Regardless of seed, the team with the better record gets homecourt in the playoffs.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #386
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,359
Default

yeah but it's a 2-2-1-1-1 format so home court isn't the end all unless you're ****ty on the road.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #387
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Well, the NBA needs the jazz to lose to help the Lakers get into the playoffs, so hopefully the Nuggets get a friendly whistle tonight.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #388
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,403

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Looking back at the Carmelo trade, it is awesome how badly the Nuggets fleeced Dolan: Gallinari, Chandler Wilson, Andre Miller, Koufos, and Mosgov, in addition to several draft picks, which the Nuggets still own. A 1st and a 2nd. In addition to which, the Nuggets unloaded Chauncey's $13M contract.

Incredible.
I had the weirdest delayed reaction to this post and I keep thinking about the idea that the knicks got fleeced. They got Carmelo Anthony! And the Knicks are playing pretty good basketball.

I think the better term is...the Nuggets did a great job getting anything at all, considering Melo didn't wanna be there and would have left the next season anyway.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #389
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I had the weirdest delayed reaction to this post and I keep thinking about the idea that the knicks got fleeced. They got Carmelo Anthony! And the Knicks are playing pretty good basketball.

I think the better term is...the Nuggets did a great job getting anything at all, considering Melo didn't wanna be there and would have left the next season anyway.
I don't agree the Knicks got fleeced in terms of getting Melo. That said, Melo was tweeting photo-shops of himself in a Knicks uniform the season before. He wanted to go there and was definitely not going to stay in Denver. That the Nuggets go as much as they did, and that the Knicks had to pay for a guy that wanted to play with them no matter what, does make Denver at least appear more savvy out of the two. The Knicks didn't "lose" because they got a good thing out of the trade, but Denver really was able to make something good out of what should have been a no-win situation.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #390
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't agree the Knicks got fleeced in terms of getting Melo. That said, Melo was tweeting photo-shops of himself in a Knicks uniform the season before. He wanted to go there and was definitely not going to stay in Denver. That the Nuggets go as much as they did, and that the Knicks had to pay for a guy that wanted to play with them no matter what, does make Denver at least appear more savvy out of the two. The Knicks didn't "lose" because they got a good thing out of the trade, but Denver really was able to make something good out of what should have been a no-win situation.
The Knicks "lost" because they aren't nearly as good a team as the Nuggets are today.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:06 PM   #391
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,403

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
The Knicks "lost" because they aren't nearly as good a team as the Nuggets are today.
Really? They both have a good shot to get to the conference finals, only to lose to a better team.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #392
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,403

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't agree the Knicks got fleeced in terms of getting Melo. That said, Melo was tweeting photo-shops of himself in a Knicks uniform the season before. He wanted to go there and was definitely not going to stay in Denver. That the Nuggets go as much as they did, and that the Knicks had to pay for a guy that wanted to play with them no matter what, does make Denver at least appear more savvy out of the two. The Knicks didn't "lose" because they got a good thing out of the trade, but Denver really was able to make something good out of what should have been a no-win situation.
Oh, i completely agree. If the Knicks had waited (and i understand why they didnt), they could have got him for essentially nothing. The knicks have a good team, but unless LeBron breaks his leg, we aren't going anywhere. And its not like we'd be anything with Gallo, Chandler, Mozgov either.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #393
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Well, the NBA needs the jazz to lose to help the Lakers get into the playoffs, so hopefully the Nuggets get a friendly whistle tonight.
The NBA does need the Jazz to lose or it will be a team taking up wasted space in the playoffs for yet another 1 and done. It would be so nice for the Jazz to get ownership that has a clue about basketball. That being said I'd prefer them to win rather than see the Lakers get in.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #394
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox
 
RhymesayersDU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Back In The 303!
Posts: 14,999

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Really? They both have a good shot to get to the conference finals, only to lose to a better team.
This is where the idea of "better" is interesting. Because on the one hand, the records don't lie. Post-trade, the Nuggets have a better record than the Knicks, period.

On the other hand, it's all about playoff success. In a weak East, the Knicks have a cakewalk to the conference finals. For the Nuggets, I think you're being a little generous. I think they should win their first round series, and probably push the second to 6 or 7 games, but ultimately they probably don't have a great shot. Not impossible, but not probable.

So who then is the better team? That's what message boards are for. Chances are, neither will win a championship in the next couple years. Due to the age factor I think I like the Nuggets' chances a little more, but the Knicks have money, and I'd imagine Amar'e comes off the books at some point, so a re-load is clearly possible.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #395
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,403

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
This is where the idea of "better" is interesting. Because on the one hand, the records don't lie. Post-trade, the Nuggets have a better record than the Knicks, period.

On the other hand, it's all about playoff success. In a weak East, the Knicks have a cakewalk to the conference finals. For the Nuggets, I think you're being a little generous. I think they should win their first round series, and probably push the second to 6 or 7 games, but ultimately they probably don't have a great shot. Not impossible, but not probable.

So who then is the better team? That's what message boards are for. Chances are, neither will win a championship in the next couple years. Due to the age factor I think I like the Nuggets' chances a little more, but the Knicks have money, and I'd imagine Amar'e comes off the books at some point, so a re-load is clearly possible.
Knicks will be kinda screwed Capwise for the next few years because of Amar'e's contract (who will ever take that off our hands...sadly, we're better without him). I think as long as LeBron James and Kevin Durant are in this league, both teams won't win a title. Never know though, I suppose.

I thought at the beginning of the year the Knicks could give Miami a run for their money because they are (were) long, defensive minded, and could hit 3's. But most of those guys got injured or slowed down and Miami took their game to stratospheric heights, so maybe we can get a game or two off em now, but not 4.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #396
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 9,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I had the weirdest delayed reaction to this post and I keep thinking about the idea that the knicks got fleeced. They got Carmelo Anthony! And the Knicks are playing pretty good basketball.

I think the better term is...the Nuggets did a great job getting anything at all, considering Melo didn't wanna be there and would have left the next season anyway.
The Knicks did an excellent job in getting Melo. The Knicks did a terrible job signing STAT to that contract the previous summer knowing full well the guy has knee problems.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #397
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,403

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
The Knicks did an excellent job in getting Melo. The Knicks did a terrible job signing STAT to that contract the previous summer knowing full well the guy has knee problems.
Yeah, but you're forgetting the climate around NYC at the time. The Knicks had been GOD AWFUL for years, got Donnie Walsh, and purged the entire roster in hopes of grabbing LeBron. Once that looked like it wasn't happening, nor Wade/Bosh...they HAD to do something. Plus, Stat actually energized the fan base at the beginning of his tenure...the knicks were playing pretty well.

Obviously, it screwed them a bit, but i understand why they did it.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #398
colorado jones
Pro Bowler
 
colorado jones's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 660

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Nuggets up 20 on the jazz with 6 minutes left.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #399
colorado jones
Pro Bowler
 
colorado jones's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 660

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Javale McGee dunks like it is nerf hoop on a closet door.

Nasty.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #400
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,607

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default

Big win. Frenchy got game.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Denver Broncos