The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #76
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,891
Default

Doom won't be missed because we are going to win the Superbowl this yr.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #77
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,438

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
So balt ran more running plays to the strong side? Imagine that.
If Elvis was such a weak link why didn't they run to his side of the line? Why didn't they move the strong side to the left side of their line? You're a genius, you tell me why.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #78
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,438

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Doom won't be missed because we are going to win the Superbowl this yr.
And if we don't what excuses are you going to make? The refs? The cold weather? Lucky passes? It sure couldn't be we would be outcoached and outplayed.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #79
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
And if we don't what excuses are you going to make? The refs? The cold weather? Lucky passes? It sure couldn't be we would be outcoached and outplayed.
No if we don't it could be for any number of reasons. Team not as good as we thought, bad coaching, bad luck, injuries. What's your point? That being confident you will the Superbowl is stupid because it's so hard to do?

Wow good point.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #80
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,891
Default

Screw Dumberville he's not a Bronco anymore and it was his choice. If people want to pine over him go ahead. Me/ I watched the games and saw that he isn't a player to be feared anymore. in fact good LT can take him 1-1 no problem. Sure he will get his 10 sacks but only when he's team is in the lead. You watch Ravens offense is going to not be as good this year. They will be in close games. The Ravens got run on last yr and now have replaced Kruger with Doom which will keep run defense about the same.

Ravens will be in close games and teams will run on the Ravens. He won't get as many good chances to pin ears back as he did in Denver.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #81
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,891
Default

No Lewis who was the emotional leader, no Reed who was another leader and lost their best possession WR in Boldin. Rice a stud but they also lost Ellerbe and Kruger so that defense IMO will need to be rebuilt. You can't replace Reed with Huff, Kruger with Doom, lose Ray Lewis and Ellerbe and expect to get better.

Ravens got lucky last yr and Doom may be watching playoffs from home.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #82
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,891
Default

Did Ravens lose Pitta the TE also?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #83
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
No Lewis who was the emotional leader, no Reed who was another leader and lost their best possession WR in Boldin. Rice a stud but they also lost Ellerbe and Kruger so that defense IMO will need to be rebuilt. You can't replace Reed with Huff, Kruger with Doom, lose Ray Lewis and Ellerbe and expect to get better.

Ravens got lucky last yr and Doom may be watching playoffs from home.
Not to mention pollard and Cary Williams
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #84
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Screw Dumberville he's not a Bronco anymore and it was his choice. If people want to pine over him go ahead. Me/ I watched the games and saw that he isn't a player to be feared anymore. in fact good LT can take him 1-1 no problem. Sure he will get his 10 sacks but only when he's team is in the lead. You watch Ravens offense is going to not be as good this year. They will be in close games. The Ravens got run on last yr and now have replaced Kruger with Doom which will keep run defense about the same.

Ravens will be in close games and teams will run on the Ravens. He won't get as many good chances to pin ears back as he did in Denver.


Me and this guy never see eye to eye on politics but this is a dead nuts take on Doom and should be taken seriously.

Doom disappeared a lot against quality o lineman and then ran up his sack total against the bad ones.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #85
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,438

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
No if we don't it could be for any number of reasons. Team not as good as we thought, bad coaching, bad luck, injuries. What's your point? That being confident you will the Superbowl is stupid because it's so hard to do?

Wow good point.
Why don't you own up to it for last year instead of making excuses? You figure you'll own up to it next year? Please, you'll be crying about how we got robbed somehow if the scenario plays out the same. Be a man and admit Baltimore came in and took the game. They did, they outplayed us and they outcoached us. Be a man and admit it.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:47 PM   #86
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Why don't you own up to it for last year instead of making excuses? You figure you'll own up to it next year? Please, you'll be crying about how we got robbed somehow if the scenario plays out the same. Be a man and admit Baltimore came in and took the game. They did, they outplayed us and they outcoached us. Be a man and admit it.

Thats not a realistic take on that game.....bad officiating and three long balls made the difference............rest of the time we kept them in check.

How many times have you seen a last minute hail mary work ?

Yeah they had a lot of luck on their side as well.................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #87
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
If Elway's blunt-but-accurate comments changed Dumervil's mind about wanting to play for the Broncos, then he should have just said so. Why go ahead and sign the contract and submit it late with a BS excuse of "technical issues"? With today's technology, it didn't have to be via fax and it didn't have to be Kinkos. The explanation raises more questions than it answers. It's just not believable.
Dumervil isn't going to go out and say Elway hurt his feelings. I have no idea what happened with the fax, and don't think we'll ever know. I do think both the Broncos and Dumervil messed up during the negotiations: Dumervil and his agent for far too long insisting a "Pay cut" wasn't really an option. And Elway went too far with his public comments on the situation.

I do think his comments turned it into a deadline deal, but who really knows? Elway was obviously frustrated with how negotiations were going and for whatever reason decided going public with said frustrations was a good negotiating tactic. Backfired.

Now Dumervil is making less then he would have with the Broncos, has lost his legacy as a Broncos player (which seems to matter less and less to most players), and Denver needs to bring in some type of impact player in the draft at the position. The only winner was the Ravens, and they won big.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:24 PM   #88
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
Dumervil isn't going to go out and say Elway hurt his feelings. I have no idea what happened with the fax, and don't think we'll ever know. I do think both the Broncos and Dumervil messed up during the negotiations: Dumervil and his agent for far too long insisting a "Pay cut" wasn't really an option. And Elway went too far with his public comments on the situation.

I do think his comments turned it into a deadline deal, but who really knows? Elway was obviously frustrated with how negotiations were going and for whatever reason decided going public with said frustrations was a good negotiating tactic. Backfired.

Now Dumervil is making less then he would have with the Broncos, has lost his legacy as a Broncos player (which seems to matter less and less to most players), and Denver needs to bring in some type of impact player in the draft at the position. The only winner was the Ravens, and they won big.
The league had a deadline... if Dumervil was still on our roster and no new agreement was signed when that deadline passed, the Broncos would have been (remained) obligated to pay Dumervil the full $12 million on the old contract. I really don't see where Dumervil or his agent thought they were in a bargaining position for "insistence that a pay cut wasn't an option"... of course it was an option and the team was going to do exactly what they did (cut Dumervil) but whatever.

The Ravens really didn't win either... they're gonna be in cap hell for the foreseeable future with overpaying Flacco. And trust me on this: they're gonna miss Boldin. His role in their playoff success cannot be overstated.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:44 PM   #89
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Why don't you own up to it for last year instead of making excuses? You figure you'll own up to it next year? Please, you'll be crying about how we got robbed somehow if the scenario plays out the same. Be a man and admit Baltimore came in and took the game. They did, they outplayed us and they outcoached us. Be a man and admit it.
When i have I ever been one to make excuses for why Broncos lost. They lost last yr because they stunk it up in the Ravens game. Stink it up and you lose. I'm trying to figure out why you think I have anything to admit to lol.

Ravens got a couple nice calls that really helped them but i never said i thought Fox and CO made the right call running at the end instead of letting Manning win the game. Ravens were legit champs last yr i never said otherwise.

But we are talking about this year and they didn't get better. Also last yr they weren't all that great so I doubt getting worst helps them repeat.

I'd love for Denver to get Balt first game of the season. I am confident we can beat them.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #90
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Me and this guy never see eye to eye on politics but this is a dead nuts take on Doom and should be taken seriously.

Doom disappeared a lot against quality o lineman and then ran up his sack total against the bad ones.
I just think its funny he's calling me a homer basically. I'm no homer i will call out players i think aren't as good as they should be. I have a problem though with people think we were top of the league in defense because of doom. I think it was because of Del Rio and better coaching.

I am confident that 30 tackles and 11 sacks isn't a deal breaker for Denver. They will have to get more creative with letting miller rush from all over the field.

I bet as you see Miller grow as a player the broncos will move him around more and more. Don't be surprised if the Broncos don't look for OLB who can cover to play for Miller as he goes to DE on passing downs. Or they may just go extra dbacks who knows. But i think with Miller we can always make a QB worry about the rush.

To really seal the deal I think Broncos should look for bigger and more physical DT to give the guards fits and push up inside. Draft a new DE to groom and hopefully play 20-30 snaps a game this yr. Broncos dont need front 7 starters as much as they need some young guys who can play some on certain downs. Then hopefully you know at least one guy is special and starts first yr.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #91
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,891
Default

The fact Doom took less and left Denver just says that something wasn't quite right. He had a ton of chances to sign, then even after getting cut had a better deal then he took from the Ravens. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know then your obtuse.

Doom may be so dense he feels how Elway did it is the only reason he didn't get 10 million. Didn't Osi sign after Doom and get more money? That shows him right there because of his run defense he rates under other DE even this yr in FA. That doesn't count all the ones currently under contract.

He's just mad he has never been as good as his big season. He came back from injury not quite as good as he was. Still good but hitting 30 and just not worth a huge payday anymore. Not Elways fault but you get the feeling he went to Ravens because he's pissed Elway was the one who told him like it is.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:57 PM   #92
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
The fact Doom took less and left Denver just says that something wasn't quite right. He had a ton of chances to sign, then even after getting cut had a better deal then he took from the Ravens. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know then your obtuse.

Doom may be so dense he feels how Elway did it is the only reason he didn't get 10 million. Didn't Osi sign after Doom and get more money? That shows him right there because of his run defense he rates under other DE even this yr in FA. That doesn't count all the ones currently under contract.

He's just mad he has never been as good as his big season. He came back from injury not quite as good as he was. Still good but hitting 30 and just not worth a huge payday anymore. Not Elways fault but you get the feeling he went to Ravens because he's pissed Elway was the one who told him like it is.
Shouldn't that beyou're obtuse
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #93
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,891
Default

probably Baja lol
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #94
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

BTW I think you are dead on about Doom.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:04 PM   #95
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,891
Default

I think Elway went public more because the agent was a joke. Think about it this guy had no other clients of note so the money is a big deal to him. Also if this agent takes less then Dooms value he won't get more clients. He needs to nail this contract! So he reads the Mane and sees things like Doom will get 10 million easy from other teams. just an example. But the point is he doesn't represent 10 other DE and have a good lifeline to what values really are. Elway probably got frustrated with him so he went public.

I loved Doom wish he was here but just can't be upset with my favorite team on this one. They have shown they are not cheap They seem willing to pay what guys are worth. I think the fact Doom had to take less shows that. Its not Elways fault they didn't get contract in to the team in time. Now that agent is done. Elway ruined him and saved the Broncos money in the process. He should have gave in to the Duke when he had the chance.

Doom can't wait to get you in coverage vs Welker and our TE. Can't blitz every down mr OLB.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:13 AM   #96
Rolandftw
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
The league had a deadline... if Dumervil was still on our roster and no new agreement was signed when that deadline passed, the Broncos would have been (remained) obligated to pay Dumervil the full $12 million on the old contract. I really don't see where Dumervil or his agent thought they were in a bargaining position for "insistence that a pay cut wasn't an option"... of course it was an option and the team was going to do exactly what they did (cut Dumervil) but whatever.

The Ravens really didn't win either... they're gonna be in cap hell for the foreseeable future with overpaying Flacco. And trust me on this: they're gonna miss Boldin. His role in their playoff success cannot be overstated.
I'm sure Dumervil felt that he had earned that money by previous play. And was surprised to find out that his value wasn't as high as he thought. Obviously he wasn't in an ideal bargaining position.

Baltimore overpayed Flacco (thank you Rahim Moore), but they still made out like Bandits in the Dumervil signing. Doesn't mean they're going to be a SB team and/or not miss a lot of the players they lost this offseason, but Dumervil at his price certainly makes their defense significantly better. NOBODY is looking forward to facing a front 7 that includes Ngata, Suggs and Dumervil.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:29 AM   #97
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,775

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
I'm sure Dumervil felt that he had earned that money by previous play. And was surprised to find out that his value wasn't as high as he thought. Obviously he wasn't in an ideal bargaining position.

Baltimore overpayed Flacco (thank you Rahim Moore), but they still made out like Bandits in the Dumervil signing. Doesn't mean they're going to be a SB team and/or not miss a lot of the players they lost this offseason, but Dumervil at his price certainly makes their defense significantly better. NOBODY is looking forward to facing a front 7 that includes Ngata, Suggs and Dumervil.
The Ravens have perennially had a good defense. "I" think they'll struggle on offense without Boldin though. He's been their top receiver for the past 3 seasons.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:39 AM   #98
B-Large
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
The best part about this is one of us will be right and one of us will be wrong. I'm saying we won't miss him, time will tell.
I think we'll miss him, but his absence does not all of the sudden collapse our defense... The Texans lost Mario didn't miss a beat, Buffalo signed him and he was pedestrian (he was hurt early, but still).... We'll find a pass rusher, they're out there, we can find a 10 sack guy...

There are only a few untouchables on the Roster, Doom simply wasn't one of them, and credit Elway for recognizing that...
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:08 PM.


Denver Broncos