The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Poll: Does an armed society deter assault and murder?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Does an armed society deter assault and murder?

Old 03-29-2013, 04:46 PM   #251
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Once someone makes the argument that drunk driving saves lives, I'll let you know.

statistics supposedly say that the drunk driver is usually the one who survives the majority of crashes caused by people who are driving drunk that end in death of those they hit.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #252
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
LMAO. Nice try, but the only on "butt hurt" here is you.

True or false:

* Guns in the hands of criminals and psychotic people kill people
* Guns in the hands of law enforcement, military and law abiding citizens save people

Fixed it for you.....
Old 03-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #253
Arkie
Atlanta GM

Quote:
If guns don't kill people, how is it that they save people vapid one?
Good point. People kill people, and people save people. So what's the best way to go after the killers without restricting the savers? Keep in mind that only the latter will obey laws.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #254
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
What affirmation bias liberal echo chamber? 87% of people here thing guns save lives -- no one is denying that 87% of people who answered the poll have that opinion. I pointed out that, likely, most of those 87% pf people would have the contradictory opinion that guns don't kill (people kill!). The reality is, people do both the killing and the saving, not the guns which are merely tools. In other words, you can't have it both ways.

Meanwhile, you come up with a pointless, lame, hypocritical ad hominem. Great job there vapid one.
Is no different than your side of the aisle stating that if banning guns or limiting the size of the magazines people can use "save one life, it is worth it"

OK, so how about how many lives are saved by people who own guns and have 30 round magazines...after all if it saves one life, isn't it worth it?

you can't have it both ways either, correct?
Old 03-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #255
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Since criminals don't obey laws (by definition), laws only restrict the law-abiding.

Time to repeal all laws.

Right?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #256
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Well maybe create a law of selective breading with you as the decider so you can rid the world of those you deem beneath your intellect, that way you can have the planet to yourself.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #257
Arkie
Atlanta GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Since criminals don't obey laws (by definition), laws only restrict the law-abiding.

Time to repeal all laws.

Right?
Some laws are good. Some laws are hard to enforce. What's the point in creating new laws when they aren't enforcing the existing ones?
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #258
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Well maybe create a law of selective breading with you as the decider so you can rid the world of those you deem beneath your intellect, that way you can have the planet to yourself.
I like bread.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #259
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

The goal is gun registration - followed by confiscation . Just wait and see....
Old 03-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #260
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Just wait and see....
Always the claim.

Given an infinite amount of time...
Old 03-29-2013, 09:16 PM   #261
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Why do you always want a date when dealing with a fluid long unfolding saga.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #262
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post

Time to repeal all laws.

Right?
You're an idiot......however to be honest, do we really need laws to tell people that stealing, raping, assaulting and murdering other people is wrong and frowned upon by society and humanity?

no law has ever stopped a crime from being committed.....morals do. My morals keep me from committing heinous crimes, not the law.

the difference is that while law abiding people don't commit murder, deal drugs, rape women and children, etc........some of them own AR-15's and 30 round magazines. Passing a law that immediately makes people who had never committed a crime criminals is pretty ****ing stupid wouldn't you agree?

Add in that this law will not prevent another mass shooting or any other gun crimes....why you can't see that it is a stupid law is beyond me.

Last edited by errand; 03-30-2013 at 05:55 PM..
Old 03-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #263
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
no law has ever stopped a crime from being committed.....morals do.
Yep, more evidence that you're a complete nutter. Laws (or rather, the punishments for breaking them) have no affect whatsoever on crime eh?

At least you admit you want anarchy.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #264
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yep, more evidence that you're a complete nutter. Laws (or rather, the punishments for breaking them) have no affect whatsoever on crime eh?

I never said that, but feel free to keep douching.....

I said that I don't murder people, and the reason isn't because it's illegal to do so.....the reason is because it's wrong to do so.

I don't rape women because it's wrong to do so, not because it's illegal.....

how you can't understand that is beyond comprehension
Old 03-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #265
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I never said that, but feel free to keep douching.....

I said that I don't murder people, and the reason isn't because it's illegal to do so.....the reason is because it's wrong to do so.

I don't rape women because it's wrong to do so, not because it's illegal.....

how you can't understand that is beyond comprehension
You very explicitly said: "no law has ever stopped a crime from being committed". (emphasis added)

Don't blame me for the stupid things you type.

Last edited by Fedaykin; 03-30-2013 at 06:45 PM..
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:41 PM   #266
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I'm not for anarchy....I'm just saying I can't come up with one solitary law that was never broken. Sorry if my wording gave you the wrong idea. I for the life of me cannot think of a solitary law that stopped the crime it made illegal...however I do believe that proper and tough punishment can make others think twice about breaking a law.

For instance, I don't need a law to tell me that murder is wrong...however I do believe that if we made sure those on death row were actually, I dunno, dead, it would make a rapist or robber think twice about killing the man/woman he raped as he might want to live himself.

I don't need a law to tell me that pedophilia or shooting up a school full of kids is wrong, however if we made it mandatory life imprisonment or death to any child molester or killer, perhaps it might prevent some poor child being raped by a pervert.

I just think it's ridiculous to pass a law that clearly punishes or makes law abiding citizens seem like the criminals, doesn't have any impact on the criminal element and will not prevent another "mass shooting". I believe in punishing those who commit crimes, not those of us who don't. Or are you of the belief that all laws are good laws?

Again, please explain how a law preventing the sale of any weapon will prevent criminals and those who aspire to pursue a career as a repeat violent criminal from obtaining them and prevent another tragedy? Even VP Joe Biden (big supporter of gun control laws) said it won't make a difference......

you guys would get my support if you passed a tougher punishment for those who committed crimes with a gun......like armed robbery, assault, rape, murder, etc....but limiting what I can own and how many rounds I can have is like limiting the kind of car you can buy, the options for it and how fast it can go....or better yet, putting a blow and go breathalyzer to start it because some clown in another city or state got drunk and killed a family of five in a fiery car crash.

Punish the criminal who commits the crime, not those who didn't....

Last edited by errand; 03-31-2013 at 04:00 PM..
Old 03-31-2013, 10:00 PM   #267
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

I've lived mostly in Baja Mexico for the last 25 years. In this country it is very hard to get permission to own a firearm so most of the civilian population are unarmed and the thing is everyone knows it. Drug dealers have guns, plenty of them thanks to Fast & Furious. They know they can walk into any house they fancy and have their way with the people in that house. The unarmed masses know how at risk they are, for most it's not a good way to live.

I sit here in awe that some of you living in the USA argue to give up your arms. You might say, " I have never owned a gun and have never had a problem ". To you I say It makes a very big difference to a would be attacker that it is very possible you may be armed and will think twice before walking in. You give up your guns to "save the children" the opposite will happen you will have put at risk every child, woman and man to the mercy of a heavily armed criminal element.

I think those of you that would offer up your weapons as some Kumbaya gesture to save the children serves to show just how far the dumbing down of America has progressed.

Know this, there are those that would love to take away your guns and God help you if they succeed.

Maybe you just haven't thought it through.

Last edited by baja; 03-31-2013 at 10:09 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #268
RAIDERCZAR
Seasoned Veteran

Sorry to jump into the debate here, but if one of you fellow Americans would be so kind as to flick a booger in this woman's hair, that would be greatly appreciated.

I'd do it myself, but it's kind of out the way.

Last edited by RAIDERCZAR; 04-03-2013 at 05:05 PM..
RAIDERCZAR is offline   Reply With Quote