The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #26
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think Trent Richardson turned out to have quite a good rookie year. Why aren't you screaming big college on him. Just because a guy went to a big school doesn't mean he was only good because there were alot of good players around him.
I'm not saying anything bad on a guy going to a big school. I am saying in many cases a guy gets rated a round or more higher because of where they played college ball. I feel that way about Lacy and I did also about Ingram. The hype was deserved for Richardson regardless where he played. Its like USC QBs. They all wind up sucking but tend to be top 10 picks. Its a big program bias. And I just feel Lacy will be average.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #27
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I like him, but already numerous injuries and playing a position where those players tend to have short careers means he likely will not have a long career in the NFL. So you only take him high thinking he is an Adrian Peterson type of RB who can dominate for maybe 3-5 years. But I'm not sure he is that kind of player.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #28
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
like i've said a million times, not powerful, fast, or elusive. runs too high to bull over defenders, runs too slow to blow past them. he's no mcgahee (circa 2002)
just so we're clear, you're not allowed to bull over defenders anymore.
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #29
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I hope you were referring to top 3 as in he would be one of the 3 best RB's to come out. Not as in, he would have been the 3rd overall pick, because that would be complete BS.

Sure there's interest. I guess some on here have said he's much further along in his rehab them most thought and that he could probably contribute mid season. For me it would depend on if the Broncos moved down out of the 1st and were able to pick up say a late round 2nd pick. I would be more accepting of the Broncos using a late 2nd pick on him if they had still yet another 2nd round pick to use on DL. If you could land him in the 3rd great. I know there was talk about him possibly sliding to the 4th but since he's so far along I really doubt that happens now.
yes, at runningback. I'd prefer a stud DT to be on record.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #30
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Bell is not better than Lacy,Bernard,Franklin,Ellington,Randle or Ball.
he has a chance to be a very good back but he's not better than the other backs in this draft. the people who're trumpeting him as such are basing it on his size.

he is not even close to being the best back in this draft.
Not sure if I can take you seriously with the "undertaker" as your AI.