The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #151
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

http://www.soveriegn.freeservers.com/rothschild.htm
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #152
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...nd_control.htm
Old 03-28-2013, 09:54 AM   #153
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Right on to baja...

W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #154
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

I'm sure you crack yourself up.

I am willing to bet you do not have even one friend.

Would you like me to tell you why you find yourself friendless?
Old 03-28-2013, 10:20 AM   #155
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Belief in a global conspiracy is coward's copout.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #156
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

define coward
Old 03-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #157
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
define coward
You. Because you can always blame "the Conspiracy" for all your fackups.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #158
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
So you'd let Cyprus crash and burn?
As Baja pointed out -- Iceland is showing the way. They put their own banksters behind bars where they belong -- and Iceland's economy is improving.

Norway and Sweden also revolted against the bankers many years ago - -and took control of their countries back.

But this kind of solution will not come to the US -- at least not in time -- maybe later AFTER the dollar collapses.

MHG

Last edited by mhgaffney; 03-28-2013 at 07:05 PM..
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #159
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
As Baja pointed out -- Iceland is showing the way. They put their own banksters behind bars where they belong -- and Iceland's economy is improving.

Norway and Sweden also revolted against the bankers many years ago - -and took control of their countries back.

But this kind of solution will not come to the US -- at least not in time -- maybe later AFTER the dollar collapses.

MHG
Completely different scenarios. Do you know the important differences?
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #160
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Completely different scenarios. Do you know the important differences?
Yeah the difference is you support the bailouts (the banksters) and I support the people.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #161
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Yeah the difference is you support the bailouts (the banksters) and I support the people.
Support the people? You?

People=Russians laundering money.

Quote:
The deal was hammered out at the last possible minute, as Cyprus banks were literally running out of money  with no more than a few million euros left, unable to restock ATMs, and the prospect of a cashless freefall looming. The President of Cyprus, Nicos Anastasiades, had previously refused to contemplate the deal, but in the end he presumably felt he had no choice.

The exclusion of pretty much every Cypriot  those with under 100,000 euros in cash deposits  from confiscation has at least saved many people from disaster.

All you do is use 'banksters' at every opportunity like a ****ing parrot.

As usual, you are a lazy researcher/historian who lacks even the basic knowledge of the topics you argue.

Last edited by DenverBrit; 03-29-2013 at 09:33 AM..
Old 03-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #162
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Once more for the idiot Gaffney.

5 Hiding money in tax havens can turn into hide-and-seek

Quote:
German chancellor Angela Merkel declared the Cyprus financial services business model, in which banks were eight times the size of the country's GDP, as "dead" unusually blunt language for a world leader. But it is a warning shot to rich tax-dodgers everywhere: if you park your money in offshore havens, it's at risk.

Some Russians will lose 40% of their cash, but will find little sympathy from German taxpayers suffering bailout fatigue, who regard it as dirty money laundered into the EU through the back door.

However, Cyprus is not the only country to run a business model where bank assets are a large multiple of GDP. Luxembourg has bank assets that are 22.5 times the size of its economy greater than Cyprus. Both Malta and Ireland have banking sectors that, relative to their economies, are bigger than the banks in Cyprus.

The Channel Islands must be asking if running an economy based on offshore banking is the one-way ticket to prosperity it seemed in the past.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2013...cyprus-bailout
Old 03-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #163
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Support the people? You?

People=Russians laundering money.

All you do is use 'banksters' at every opportunity like a ****ing parrot.

As usual, you are a lazy researcher/historian who lacks even the basic knowledge of the topics you argue.
Brit is a fully brainwashed American. He swallows the BS rationalization about Russian dirty money.

Sure some of the Cyprus money being "taxed" (stolen) is dirty -- but this does not justify the seizures -- which let us remember are not the result of any criminal convictions -- but are being done with no due process -- in a wholly arbitrary manner.

It's theft pure and simple.

MHG
Old 03-29-2013, 02:27 PM   #164
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Brit is a fully brainwashed American. He swallows the BS rationalization about Russian dirty money.

Sure some of the Cyprus money being "taxed" (stolen) is dirty -- but this does not justify the seizures -- which let us remember are not the result of any criminal convictions -- but are being done with no due process -- in a wholly arbitrary manner.

MHG
Surprise;

Yesterday, we first reported on something very disturbing (at least to Cyprus' citizens): despite the closed banks (which will mostly reopen tomorrow, while the two biggest soon to be liquidated banks Laiki and BoC will be shuttered until Thursday) and the capital controls, the local financial system has been leaking cash. Lots and lots of cash.

Alas, we did not have much granularity or details on who or where these illegal transfers were conducted with. Today, courtesy of a follow up by Reuters, we do.

The result, at least for Europe, is quite scary because let's recall that the primary political purpose of destroying the Cyprus financial system was simply to punish and humiliate Russian billionaire oligarchs who held tens of billions in "unsecured" deposits with the island nation's two biggest banks.

As it turns out, these same oligrachs may have used the one week hiatus period of total chaos in the banking system to transfer the bulk of the cash they had deposited with one of the two main Cypriot banks, in the process making the whole punitive point of collapsing the Cyprus financial system entirely moot.

From Reuters:

While ordinary Cypriots queued at ATM machines to withdraw a few hundred euros as credit card transactions stopped, other depositors used an array of techniques to access their money.

No one knows exactly how much money has left Cyprus' banks, or where it has gone. The two banks at the centre of the crisis - Cyprus Popular Bank, also known as Laiki, and Bank of Cyprus - have units in London which remained open throughout the week and placed no limits on withdrawals. Bank of Cyprus also owns 80 percent of Russia's Uniastrum Bank, which put no restrictions on withdrawals in Russia. Russians were among Cypriot banks' largest depositors.
So while one could not withdraw from Bank of Cyprus or Laiki, one could withdraw without limitations from subsidiary and OpCo banks, and other affiliates?

Just brilliant.

And if there was any doubt that the entire process of destroying one entire nation was simply to punish Cyprus, it can be completely cleared away now:
Old 03-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #165
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

From Reuters:

While ordinary Cypriots queued at ATM machines to withdraw a few hundred euros as credit card transactions stopped, other depositors used an array of techniques to access their money.

No one knows exactly how much money has left Cyprus' banks, or where it has gone. The two banks at the centre of the crisis - Cyprus Popular Bank, also known as Laiki, and Bank of Cyprus - have units in London which remained open throughout the week and placed no limits on withdrawals. Bank of Cyprus also owns 80 percent of Russia's Uniastrum Bank, which put no restrictions on withdrawals in Russia. Russians were among Cypriot banks' largest depositors.

So while one could not withdraw from Bank of Cyprus or Laiki, one could withdraw without limitations from subsidiary and OpCo banks, and other affiliates?
Old 03-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #166
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:

MHG
Gaffney.

You obviously know nothing about banking, other than the epithet 'banksters.'

Bailing out Cyprus, before it went into default required bailing out the OFFSHORE BANKS. You know, the place where the mega wealthy hide their money to avoid taxes. This is a 'FIRST.'

In order to do so, the smaller depositors were 'insured' by the EuroZone. Otherwise, the vast majority of Cypriots would have been wiped out and the islands economy tanked so badly, they would have been forced out of the Eurozone. Both events may still happen eventually.

In the meantime, the 'people' who's 'side' you claim, unconvincingly, to be on will get their money because it is now insured. Only those who used the bank to avoid taxes, launder money or went for high risk, high yield returns will be affected.

Quote:
The exclusion of pretty much every Cypriot  those with under 100,000 euros in cash deposits  from confiscation has at least saved many people from disaster.
You continue to make stupid statements because you're to lazy/stupid to learn the facts. No matter how well documented.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #167
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
From Reuters:

You're still pasting a blog from Hugo Dixon.

If this were happening, why is he the only one reporting it? Sole source for these stories are always suspicious and almost always fiction.

This, on the other hand is widely reported and 3 hours old.

Cyprus Bank Transactions Have No Domestic Limits, Central Bank Says

Quote:
NICOSIA, Cyprus Cyprus' central bank tried to kickstart spending in a country left reeling by a 10-day bank closure and financial near-collapse by telling Cypriots Friday that there were no limits on domestic debit and credit card transactions.

The central bank made the announcement to clarify the capital control rules it introduced this week to prevent a run on the country's banks.

The banking authority said that, while there is a 5,000 euro ($6,402.50) limit on credit and debit card purchases abroad, there were no such limits on similar domestic transactions and money transfers.
Quote:
Meanwhile, government spokesman Christos Stylianides said that authorities would look into media reports about a leaked list of politicians and other high-profile individuals who had bank loans written off.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2979276.html
Old 03-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #168
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Do a Start Page search for;

Russians allowed to withdraw funds from Cyprus bank accounts

You will get a lot more sources.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #169
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Do a Start Page search for;

Russians allowed to withdraw funds from Cyprus bank accounts

You will get a lot more sources.
On page one of that Google search, only one other source mentions that rumor.....and they are quoting....yes, you guessed it, Hugo Dixon.

You didn't even bother to check it yourself. Baja. If it's true, every news outlet would be reporting it and it would show up on page one of a Google search. It didn't.

No doubt there are attempts to circumvent the 'account freeze,' but so far, it's a non starter of a story.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #170
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
On page one of that Google search, only one other source mentions that rumor.....and they are quoting....yes, you guessed it, Hugo Dixon.

You didn't even bother to check it yourself. Baja. If it's true, every news outlet would be reporting it and it would show up on page one of a Google search. It didn't.

No doubt there are attempts to circumvent the 'account freeze,' but so far, it's a non starter of a story.
Do you know Google tailors their search to your search history?

Your search results will be different than mine because of our search history.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #171
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Bitcoin deserves it's own thread. I still don't know what to think about it. I wish I jumped on this train years ago, or even a month ago. It's quadrupled since February! This could be the future currency, or it could be just a fad. I haven't bought any yet, and I've already missed out on a lot of value. One bitcoin is worth $90 today. It was worth $20 in February. It took thousands of bitcoin to equal just $1 a few years ago. For example, the first pizza was bought with 10,000 BTC in 2010. That would be a $90,000 pizza today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:25 AM   #172
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Bitcoin deserves it's own thread. I still don't know what to think about it. I wish I jumped on this train years ago, or even a month ago. It's quadrupled since February! This could be the future currency, or it could be just a fad. I haven't bought any yet, and I've already missed out on a lot of value. One bitcoin is worth $90 today. It was worth $20 in February. It took thousands of bitcoin to equal just $1 a few years ago. For example, the first pizza was bought with 10,000 BTC in 2010. That would be a $90,000 pizza today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin
The same " I wish I woulda " argument was made about gold when it went to $400

Go buy what you can afford NOW.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #173
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Do you know Google tailors their search to your search history?

Your search results will be different than mine because of our search history.
Ok, then you'll have to post the links.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #174
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
The same " I wish I woulda " argument was made about gold when it went to $400

Go buy what you can afford NOW.
What about cyber attacks or government takeovers? It's too dependent on so many factors I don't fully understand. I don't trust the security. I would be interested in the opinions of some of the tech savvy people on this forum like Taco John. I believe in the fundamentals if it's secure and stays true to its supply increase schedule. It's a better hedge than gold, and I've been advocating gold on this forum for 5 years. I can also physically secure it myself.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:22 AM   #175
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
What about cyber attacks or government takeovers? It's too dependent on so many factors I don't fully understand. I don't trust the security. I would be interested in the opinions of some of the tech savvy people on this forum like Taco John. I believe in the fundamentals if it's secure and stays true to its supply increase schedule. It's a better hedge than gold, and I've been advocating gold on this forum for 5 years. I can also physically secure it myself.
Opportunity with a huge up side is never without risk.

I will start a thread as you suggested where we can collect and post information.