The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #26
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Yes never mind the news about DHS buying 2 billion rounds of ammunition ( many hollow point ) as well as over 2,000 iraqi war vehicles.

Did I mention this was The Department of Homeland Security that make this purchase?
They didn't buy 2bn rounds of ammo. They set up a contract that allows they to buy UP TO that much. The people running around talking about 1.6bn rounds of ammo are idiots who don't understand that an RFQ (request for quote) is not a purchase agreement.

The DHS put out a several RFQ (for different purposes -- i.e. duty ammo vs. training ammo) for a purchase of UP TO 1.6bn rounds of ammo over 5 years. They did not actually buy 1.6bn rounds of ammo all at once or even 320m/year.

Why so much ammo? They contracted for up to 450m rounds over 5 years for their training center. The DHS training center does training for pretty much all federal agencies and many non-federal law enforcement agencies. Around 70,000 people use their facilities/yr, which means they are planning to be able to supply UP TO 1,300 bullets per user of their training facility over the next 5 years. Not all that much, especially when you consider that it's only UP TO that much. I personally go through more than that every year and I'm not a training law enforcement agent. In a single range visit I may go through 2-300 rounds if I'm shooting my pistols.


http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/ssabullets.asp
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #27
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,543

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I suppose that is exactly the reaction of Germans when Hitler started his Youth Corps

Obama FEMA Corp recruits conjure up memories of the Hitler Youth of 1930’s Germany


Fred Brownbill
saveamericafoundation.com
October 19, 2012
The federal government calls them FEMA Corps. But they conjure up memories of the Hitler Youth of 1930’s Germany. Regardless of their name, the Dept of Homeland Security has just graduated its first class of 231 Homeland Youth. Kids, aged 18-24 and recruited from the President’s AmeriCorp volunteers, they represent the first wave of DHS’s youth corps, designed specifically to create a full time, paid, standing army of FEMA Youth across the country.
On September 13, 2012, the Department of Homeland Security graduated its first class of FEMA Corps first-responders. While the idea of having a volunteer force of tens of thousands of volunteers scattered across the country to aid in times of natural disasters sounds great, the details and timing of this new government army is somewhat curious, if not disturbing.
Obama better hurry, he'll be out of office soon. By which time, he will have nearly a thousand little Nazis goosestepping toward Congress, ready to take over.

Assuming Elmer Fudd doesn't take them all out during the march.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #28
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
This has been discussed ad nauseam.

Answer these two questions:

Do armed employees of the government ever need to practice?

Can they go out and pick up the bullets afterwards and reuse them?
Do you have any idea how many 2 billion bullets is.

To give you an idea at the height of the Iraqi war the US troops used 6,000,000

2,000,000,000 divided by 6,000,000 = 333.333 months of target practice or 27.7 years. Not to mention a large amount of these bullets are hollow points not used for target practice, oh and illegal in war fare
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #29
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Got a link?
Sure....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphben...-conversation/
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #30
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Do you have any idea how many 2 billion bullets is.

To give you an idea at the height of the Iraqi war the US troops used 6,000,000

2,000,000,000 divided by 6,000,000 = 333.333 months of target practice or 27.7 years. Not to mention a large amount of these bullets are hollow points not used for target practice, oh and illegal in war fare
Read Fed's posts in this and the other two threads where it was brought up.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #31
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Obama better hurry, he'll be out of office soon. By which time, he will have nearly a thousand little Nazis goosestepping toward Congress, ready to take over.

Assuming Elmer Fudd doesn't take them all out during the march.
Yes because there will always be only 300 new trainees every year.

BTW this is not about Obama or Bush or any president since Kennedy. This is part of a long range undertaking, very long range.

Go to my Fantasy? thread and watch a few vids. I can never cover this broad centuries old plan on a message board.

Even in the face of all the evidence you will deny this reality because it's to damn scary to accept the truth of the situation. It's human nature and what they count on.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #32
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,370

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

So, in the Hitler Youth scenario, who's playing Adolph Hitler?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #33
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Read Fed's posts in this and the other two threads where it was brought up.
You will awake one day of this I am sure....
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #34
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You will awake one day of this I am sure....
You've been sure about a lot. Still waiting for any of it to come true.

In the meantime, take any 100-level European History 1900-present course and you'll learn how awful your Hitler Youth comparison is.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #35
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You will awake one day of this I am sure....
It's possible one day you'll actually engage your brain. Highly improbable, but it's possible.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #36
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

This bloody coup is the worst-run in history. If it were me in charge and I were trying to hide something, I would have built covers to go over all those vehicles so no one would be able to see them. I would have used all my secret funds to purchase ammunition. I would have made the FEMA Corps a SECRET organization no one knew about.

What a bunch of amateurs.

I certainly hope our lizard-people overlords are much more intelligent than these yokels.

Screw this, I want a new Beloved Leader.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:59 PM   #37
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

While it's interesting to watch you shoot the messenger it will not change the truth of the message.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #38
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

So Baja, what's a reasonable amount of ammo for the DHS to actually buy in a single year? Walk us through your "thought" process.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #39
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
This bloody coup is the worst-run in history. If it were me in charge and I were trying to hide something, I would have built covers to go over all those vehicles so no one would be able to see them. I would have used all my secret funds to purchase ammunition. I would have made the FEMA Corps a SECRET organization no one knew about.

What a bunch of amateurs.

I certainly hope our lizard-people overlords are much more intelligent than these yokels.

Screw this, I want a new Beloved Leader.
It is all in plain sight that is how confident they are you will continue to deny what is before your eyes. They know you better than you know yourselves.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #40
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
So Baja, what's a reasonable amount of ammo for the DHS to actually buy in a single year? Walk us through your "thought" process.
What does it matter? The Second Amendemt will save us from the big bad government!
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #41
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
BTW this is not about Obama or Bush or any president since Kennedy. This is part of a long range undertaking, very long range.
Was Kennedy part of it? If not, why not? What about Ike?

How long is "very long"? Like the Bene Gesserit breeding program? Millenia?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #42
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
It is all in plain sight that is how confident they are you will continue to deny what is before your eyes. They know you better than you know yourselves.
Aha! The "it's just what they'd WANT you to think" argument.

I was wondering how long before you pulled that one out.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #43
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

DO YOUR RESEARCH; START HERE;

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110548

BYE NOW
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #44
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
DO YOUR RESEARCH; START HERE;

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110548

BYE NOW
That's what I expected: You tuck tail and run like the coward you are when asked to actually put up or shut up.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #45
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
That's what I expected: You tuck tail and run like the coward you are when asked to actually put up or shut up.
"Who's a coward? I just directed you to a bunch of links I posted because you obviously are too clouded to see it my way. I'm the one with the vision here, not you guys. Even though it's obvious I am overreacting to some things I post and that there are perfectly reasonable explanations for most everything else. But you guys are the ones who are blind."

- Gaff

I mean baja.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #46
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
DO YOUR RESEARCH; START HERE;

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=110548

BYE NOW
Speaking of research...

Tell me more about what you think the Hitler Youth was.

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #47
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,024

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Was Kennedy part of it? If not, why not? What about Ike?

How long is "very long"? Like the Bene Gesserit breeding program? Millenia?
Hah, have to rep this just for the Dune ref =P
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #48
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default Loks like I'm not the only one concerned by the DHS bullet buy

Big Sis Ignores Congressman’s Demand For Briefing on Bullet Buys

“Congress deserves an answer” on huge ammo purchases
Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
March 28, 2013

Janet Napolitano. Image: Wikimedia Commons
Janet Napolitano has ignored a letter written by New Jersey Congressman Leonard Lance calling for the Department of Homeland Security chief to attend a congressional briefing and provide an explanation as to why the DHS has committed to purchasing more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition over the last year.
Lance, who first promised to investigate the matter during a Tea Party event on March 15, sent a letter five days later noting how there was “growing public concern surrounding the Department’s procurement of ammunition.”
“He is not asking for Napolitano to testify but to give us a congressional briefing because Congress wasn’t aware of it. It deserves an answer,” Lance spokesman Todd Mitchell told the Daily Record.
Over a week after the letter was sent, Lance’s office has still not received a response, similar to how 15 other members of Congress were stonewalled by the DHS when they demanded to know if the huge bullet purchases were an attempt by the federal agency to restrict ammunition supplies.
Instead of a formal explanation, the federal agency released a glib statement to the media claiming the amount of ammunition purchased was not abnormal, that the bullets were bought in bulk “because it’s cheaper for the agency,” and that the rounds were for training purposes only.
However, the DHS has completely failed to address the fundamental flaw in their explanation. Most of the bullets purchased are hollow point rounds which are twice as expensive as full metal jacket bullets, rendering the claim the agency is buying in bulk to save money redundant.
As former Marine Richard Mason told reporters with WHPTV News in Pennsylvania earlier this month, “We never trained with hollow points, we didn’t even see hollow points my entire four and a half years in the Marine Corps.”
Earlier this week, a weapons manufacturer who supplies ammunition to the federal government told the nationally syndicated Savage Nation radio show that the ammo purchases were an attempt to “control the amount of market that’s available on the commercial market at any time,” by forcing manufacturers to hold back stock.
Ammunition is in short supply across the country, with police departments being forced to barter between themselves to meet demand while gun stores across America have resorted to bullet rationing.
Earlier this week, the DHS put out a solicitation asking for 360,000 more bullets to be delivered to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, New Mexico, the same destination for 240,000 hollow point rounds which were purchased only last month.
Last week, retired United States Army Captain Terry M. Hestilow sent a letter to Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) warning that the ammo purchases represent “a bold threat of war by that agency (DHS), and the Obama administration, against the citizens of the United States of America.”
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #49
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Big Sis Ignores Congressman’s Demand For Briefing on Bullet Buys

“Congress deserves an answer” on huge ammo purchases
Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
March 28, 2013

Janet Napolitano. Image: Wikimedia Commons
Janet Napolitano has ignored a letter written by New Jersey Congressman Leonard Lance calling for the Department of Homeland Security chief to attend a congressional briefing and provide an explanation as to why the DHS has committed to purchasing more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition over the last year.
Lance, who first promised to investigate the matter during a Tea Party event on March 15, sent a letter five days later noting how there was “growing public concern surrounding the Department’s procurement of ammunition.”
“He is not asking for Napolitano to testify but to give us a congressional briefing because Congress wasn’t aware of it. It deserves an answer,” Lance spokesman Todd Mitchell told the Daily Record.
Over a week after the letter was sent, Lance’s office has still not received a response, similar to how 15 other members of Congress were stonewalled by the DHS when they demanded to know if the huge bullet purchases were an attempt by the federal agency to restrict ammunition supplies.
Instead of a formal explanation, the federal agency released a glib statement to the media claiming the amount of ammunition purchased was not abnormal, that the bullets were bought in bulk “because it’s cheaper for the agency,” and that the rounds were for training purposes only.
However, the DHS has completely failed to address the fundamental flaw in their explanation. Most of the bullets purchased are hollow point rounds which are twice as expensive as full metal jacket bullets, rendering the claim the agency is buying in bulk to save money redundant.
As former Marine Richard Mason told reporters with WHPTV News in Pennsylvania earlier this month, “We never trained with hollow points, we didn’t even see hollow points my entire four and a half years in the Marine Corps.”
Earlier this week, a weapons manufacturer who supplies ammunition to the federal government told the nationally syndicated Savage Nation radio show that the ammo purchases were an attempt to “control the amount of market that’s available on the commercial market at any time,” by forcing manufacturers to hold back stock.
Ammunition is in short supply across the country, with police departments being forced to barter between themselves to meet demand while gun stores across America have resorted to bullet rationing.
Earlier this week, the DHS put out a solicitation asking for 360,000 more bullets to be delivered to the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, New Mexico, the same destination for 240,000 hollow point rounds which were purchased only last month.
Last week, retired United States Army Captain Terry M. Hestilow sent a letter to Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX) warning that the ammo purchases represent “a bold threat of war by that agency (DHS), and the Obama administration, against the citizens of the United States of America.”
Perfectly reasonable to ask why.

Then inevitably when an explanation comes out, it doesn't fall in line with the conspiracy theory, and it's not good enough. Self-perpetuation.

My guess is that's why it's not even being answered. There are perfectly reasonable explanations, but the birthers/truthers/conspiracy theorists don't want to hear the real answers, they want confirmation of theirs.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #50
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Perfectly reasonable to ask why.

Then inevitably when an explanation comes out, it doesn't fall in line with the conspiracy theory, and it's not good enough. Self-perpetuation.

My guess is that's why it's not even being answered. There are perfectly reasonable explanations, but the birthers/truthers/conspiracy theorists don't want to hear the real answers, they want confirmation of theirs.

Here in lays my feelings of helpfulness.

Why don't you say to Janet Napolitano what you say to me?

Answer the question Janet

No DHS buys 2 B bullets and you give them a pass.

That's the Department of Homeland Security doing this. Are you expecting invasion? If not what is this mega purchase for? Why won't DHS answer the question from 8 separate congressman?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Denver Broncos