The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #1526
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
After missing out on Ty Powell, Bmore Manning moves up to make sure he grabs one of his favorite prospects in the draft..

BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #1527
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
After missing out on Ty Powell, Bmore Manning moves up to make sure he grabs one of his favorite prospects in the draft..
Did you need to move up to get him before 190 though? His medical is a complete hot mess and he is a small school guy who most have never seen. He was not on my board of draftable players because of the medical list, not just the heart issue.

Playing wise, he would have been a guy I was interested in taking there, but Alas I did not have any real interest in a guy who has never made it through a season with missing 3-4 games.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #1528
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Did you need to move up to get him before 190 though? His medical is a complete hot mess and he is a small school guy who most have never seen. He was not on my board of draftable players because of the medical list, not just the heart issue.

Playing wise, he would have been a guy I was interested in taking there, but Alas I did not have any real interest in a guy who has never made it through a season with missing 3-4 games.
Cool.

I moved up 6 picks and down 7 with one of my other two picks this round. But I didn't actually loose any picks. Just like Powell, Taylor has tremendous upside, and I'd rather get my guy then not.

I really respect your knowledge and opinion but frankly I could care less if you like the pick or flopping a few spots to grab him without losing a pick.

Last edited by Bmore Manning; 03-28-2013 at 10:24 AM..
Old 03-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #1529
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Glad you got your guy. I think he's extremely intriguing because of his size/speed ratio. I think the draft value for a small school guy with his upside is rock solid at this point. I don't know a lot about him, but he's easily one of the more interesting late round safeties. Could turn out to be a steal.
Powell and Taylor were my two guys I tried to move up for Powell early in the round, Rev and others ignored me.. So I can live with moving up 6 spots to grab him and move down 7 with my last pick of the round.

I have been very big on Taylor and name dropped as much a few months ago. Med doesn't like the pick..
Old 03-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #1530
Bmore Manning

Taylor was a star st the East/West game and practices.. He just ran a 4.45.. at 6'5" 235. He is tremendous in coverage and really brings the wood. My safety duo of Phillip Thomas and Cooper Taylor reminds me of Earl Thomas and Cam Chancellor.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #1531
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Powell and Taylor were my two guys I tried to move up for Powell early in the round, Rev and others ignored me.. So I can live with moving up 6 spots to grab him and move down 7 with my last pick of the round.

I have been very big on Taylor and name dropped as much a few months ago. Med doesn't like the pick..
I never said I did not like the pick

Seriously, based on his game he is a solid pick and worth a sixth rounder here for a team who really, really likes him. Losing Ed Reed and needing safety help, I think it was fine for BAL to roll the dice on him. This is the start of the high risk/reward area of the draft. Might as well do it.

The question here is, did you have to move to get him? I agree this draft has been frustrating as people have reached on value for pure talent in the middle rounds. Heck I did with my first rounder I am just not sure anyone else had him on their radar before 190. That is all.

I said talent wise he would be a guy I would have targeted before here on film alone. He has some talent and maybe one of the best safeties in the whole draft with the mental preparation and reads. I just could not get past his medical and I have 2 probowlers at safety now and do not need to gamble on greatness, just find guys to develop.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #1532
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
I never said I did not like the pick

Seriously, based on his game he is a solid pick and worth a sixth rounder here for a team who really, really likes him. Losing Ed Reed and needing safety help, I think it was fine for BAL to roll the dice on him. This is the start of the high risk/reward area of the draft. Might as well do it.

The question here is, did you have to move to get him? I agree this draft has been frustrating as people have reached on value for pure talent in the middle rounds. Heck I did with my first rounder I am just not sure anyone else had him on their radar before 190. That is all.

I said talent wise he would be a guy I would have targeted before here on film alone. He has some talent and maybe one of the best safeties in the whole draft with the mental preparation and reads. I just could not get past his medical and I have 2 probowlers at safety now and do not need to gamble on greatness, just find guys to develop.
I tried to move up for Powell and was unsuccessful.. I wasn't gonna miss my second target of the round. I'm only moving back seven spots, and I moved up six.. I didn't lose a pick. And I bet I still get my guy @207 that I would have @200.. Because I still have a pick @203. I just ensured I would get my player. I think it was a better move then your giving credit. I don't know anyone else's boards, but I think I let amazing talent fall to me and have quietly put together a strong draft.

Menelik Watson LT
Phillip Thomas FS
Brandon Jenkins OLB
Brian Schwenke C
Tyler Bray QB
Chris Harper WR
Gerald Hodges ILB
Quntereus Smith OLB
Cooper Taylor SS
Old 03-28-2013, 11:35 AM   #1533
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I tried to move up for Powell and was unsuccessful.. I wasn't gonna miss my second target of the round. I'm only moving back seven spots, and I moved up six.. I didn't lose a pick. And I bet I still get my guy @207 that I would have @200.. Because I still have a pick @203. I just ensured I would get my player. I think it was a better move then your giving credit. I don't know anyone else's boards, but I think I let amazing talent fall to me and have quietly put together a strong draft.

Menelik Watson LT
Phillip Thomas FS
Brandon Jenkins OLB
Brian Schwenke C
Tyler Bray QB
Chris Harper WR
Gerald Hodges ILB
Quntereus Smith OLB
Cooper Taylor SS
OK, I am still not saying it was a bad pick, I just wanted to know the reasoning for the trade. As far as having the 200 and 207 pick, I see how you manipulated the trade and that was fine. Personally, I am happy you are no longer in front of me

What I am saying is simple. Was Cooper Taylor going to be there at 190? I think so, you did not want to take the risk and you really like him. I was offering a better deal to JCM and he took yours after Thornton went off the board. I just wanted to see your reasoning, nothing more. And the trade benefitted both parties so no big deal. Just glad I get 2 picks before you now!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #1534
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

**** Fauria goes off the board early.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #1535
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
**** Fauria goes off the board early.
I wasnt going to touch him until UDFA
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #1536
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

With their 6th round pick the New York Giants are proud to select; DE, Joe Kruger, Utah.

Will add more later. Am posting on my cell phone currently.

Pick made at 7:50 pm MST. Sodak's Bears are otc
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:57 PM   #1537
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
With their 6th round pick the New York Giants are proud to select; DE, Joe Kruger, Utah.

Will add more later. Am posting on my cell phone currently.

Pick made at 7:50 pm MST. Sodak's Bears are otc
Wrong thread pick doesn't count
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #1538
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Wrong thread pick doesn't count
Aww **** me!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #1539
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Aww **** me!
Too many official threads, I bumped a 2007 MLB thread not too long ago on my phone because I only saw part of the thread title.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #1540
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Im ready to pick but sodak took 12+ hours last time so I pry wont get to select till tomorrow
Old 03-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #1541
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Too many official threads, I bumped a 2007 MLB thread not too long ago on my phone because I only saw part of the thread title.
I had 3 different pages open. The one with the alpha list so I could see who on my board was still available the discussion thread for some reason and the selection thread. Too easy of a mistake to make on a phone.

I also owe you thanks for commenting on my mistake or I would have gone about my night thinking I was all set until the end of the 7th.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #1542
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebures View Post
I wasnt going to touch him until UDFA
He was going to be my last pick.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:06 PM   #1543
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Da Bears are happy to get a steal of a RB in the 6th
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #1544
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Da Bears are happy to get a steal of a RB in the 6th
Jawann Jamison
Height: 5' 07"
Weight: 203
40 time: 4.68

"Small, slow, and coming off injuries is no way to go through life, son."

Old 03-29-2013, 02:26 AM   #1545
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Just realized that Steve Williams was taken by Mediator12. Looks like there's a run on midget cornerbacks right now....

Caption: Nickell Robey and Steve Williams get into an altercation.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:50 AM   #1546
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Jawann Jamison

Sounds like the same thing people were saying about a different 6th round pick named Terrell Davis. And you realize I'm not getting fast healthy and big in this round?
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #1547
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Jawann Jamison

Old 03-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #1548
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Out of town for the weekend, so will chip in thoughts as I find time. Let me try and catch up:

Vince Williams. I like him as a late round ILB prospect. I think his draft value starts n the mid 5th round, so this was solid value.

Steve Williams. I like him quite a bit. He would have been a target of mine had he made it to the 7th round. He's another guy I think could start getting interest as early as the 5th round. I definitely like him more than Robey. Probably the best CB left.

Joe Kruger. Solid draft value in the mid 6th. The third guy in a row that could go in the 5th round. All of these are good values. Really great size and decent athleticism. An ideal late round pick.

Jawan Jamison. Honestly, I'll be shocked if he gets drafted at all. Averaged about 4 yards per carry in college, and under that this last season. And now we know why, he's extremely slow, especially considering how small he is. Pretty crazy some sites had him as a 2nd round option six months ago.

Ryan Jensen. Nice upside selection with Jensen here. I had him in the 6th-7th, but in this draft, he's easily one of the better upside OGs left. I'm fine with the value here. The 6th is where I personally start considering the ultra small school standouts because of how rarely they work out. Gil Brandt thinks he could go as early as the 3rd or 4th round. I think that's a little nuts, but it shows that people think highly of him.

Robert Lester. I have him in the 5th round, so this is good value to me. Solid player, nothing special. I could see him playing in the league 10 years, primarily as a backup or journeyman type. I think that's one of the two values at this point in the draft. It's either quality depth selections, or fliers on a high upside athletic types. I think this was a good pick.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #1549
Mediator12
OM analyst

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Just realized that Steve Williams was taken by Mediator12. Looks like there's a run on midget cornerbacks right now....

Caption: Nickell Robey and Steve Williams get into an altercation.
5'7 is a midget CB, 5'9 is only vertically Challenged

Seriously though, I like Steve Williams a LOT more than a bunch of the oversized, overrated CB's I have seen come off the board. Drafting Big CB's does not mean they are good, can play football, can cover, or can even tackle. Williams can do that, and I can not believe ANYONE could grade his teammate Marc Anthony above him. He outplayed him at Cal, including drawing the Field Corner assignment over him and being voted team MVP on defense over him.

I knew the OM LOVES its physical side when it rates CB's, and that is Why I took Commings before I took Williams. However, I graded them awfully close and I think Williams just might be the best Slot CB in the draft depending on what Mathieu does in the pros. BW Webb And Alford I think can and will play outside and maybe slide inside in the nickel. I KNOW Williams can play outside and shut down the West coast and quick passing games, because he does it on tape as good as any CB in the draft. He drives on the three and Five step routes as good as anyone in off man. He is just not going to be a Press man CB like a lot of the longer and taller group. I just think he would struggle playing outside in the red Zone and would be better suited in the slot.

INDY has several taller and capable CB's to play outside like Davis, Toler, and Butler. They lost a high quality Nickel CB in Jerraud Powers. Williams can come in and Compete for the Slot and also be a solid backup outside until they get to the red Zone.

I overpaid to get him, but I also think he is close to a top 100 pick. I waited as long as I could to go get him, but once Bronco Inferno took Robey, I was not going to take the chance anymore having lost out on a few guys When I traded out of 86. I scrutinized Bmore for going and getting Taylor, then realized his move not only made sense, he got a guy he really wanted late in the draft. So, I copied
Old 03-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #1550
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

It was easy to grade Marc Anthony above your midget Williams. I got to watch a lot of Pac 12/Cal games being on the west coast and from watching those games, Anthony caught my eye, never did Williams do that. Great that you like him, but are we really going to fight about a 6th round pick?
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: