The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #126
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogary View Post
Good, now I can relax.
! I can only do it if your on board!

Seriously though, the draft is deep with pass rushers.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #127
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I'm disappointed in you! There are some impactful players still around! Late rounds is where you distinguish yourself.
Dude I've drafted 2 DEs already. There are two small school guys I like but, I won't go as far and say they are the answer.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:44 PM   #128
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Jared Allen and Elvis Dumervil were both 4th rounders. Not sure this draft has any guys like that.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #129
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Jared Allen and Elvis Dumervil were both 4th rounders. Not sure this draft has any guys like that.
There are impactful pass rushers throughout the draft.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #130
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Dude I've drafted 2 DEs already. There are two small school guys I like but, I won't go as far and say they are the answer.
Since your not in the market for one, PM me there names and I'll tell you who I like and my idea..
Old 03-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #131
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Osi signed for 2 years 8.5mil with falcons.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #132
Bmore Manning

I'm really content not signing a FA and utilizing the draft..
Old 03-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #133
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
No, you just can be very impulsive. My guess is youre young.
Yeah, it's the gunslinger in me. I find the hair-trigger quite useful these days.

If I'm John Elway, the second Tom Condon calls me and tells me Dwight Freeney wants $6M per year, I:

1. Snort and laugh at the same time, also causing me to fart.
2. Politely place Condon on hold.
3. Stand up, take a deep breath, and back away from the desk.
4. Stare blankly out the window for about 15 seconds (enjoying the desolate Colorado March landscape).
5. Walk out, and tell the Secretary that I will be taking the rest of the afternoon to play golf.
6. Wake up the next day and start preparing for the draft.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:38 PM   #134
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Osi signed for 2 years 8.5mil with falcons.
Nowhere near what he thought he was getting. Hopefully this puts pressure on the remaining FA pass rushers.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #135
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Who's the top 5 left at FA DE?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #136
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Since your not in the market for one, PM me there names and I'll tell you who I like and my idea..
He just went I really almost drafted Powell instead of Robinson. I thought I should use a draft pick on at least one position player. My next guy on that list will be a player though. Someone will draft him in the real draft.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #137
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I'm really content not signing a FA and utilizing the draft..
No we need to sign Tommy Kelly. He will get more sacks then Freeny.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #138
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
yeah the same team that cut him saying he wasn't worth the money.

I'm sorry maybe you like getting fired, but if a company fires me I would have a hard time going back to work for them at a reduced rate.

He'd still be a Bronco if Denver hadn't cut him in the first place.
And if they hadn't cut him they would be on the hook for that 12 million guaranteed contract for this year ( 13.6 if you count the total cap for the year, too.)

NO way Dumervil was worth that, after he had already milked the Broncos for >30 million over 3 years ( of which he played 2). He had already gotten paid, and he didn't do enough to justify what he had received, after the 2009 contract.

Elway told him up front at the start that he needed to reduce his salary or that he would be released. They let him know two weeks before March 15. Totally upfront and honest, and Doom and his agent played games, and it cost both Doom and the Broncos.

While some think Elway should just have been a NICE guy and let Dumerville keep being overpaid , I am glad that the duke has sense enough to call it for what it was.....a BAD contract that didn't reflect the true value Dumervil had
to the team.

And apparently Dumervil thinks he is the best in the league at sacking the QB, because his contract was Higher than everyone else in his position. Von Miller played better than Doom in every respect , and that is just on the Broncos. Many other players met or exceeded his production last year.

Doom wanted to keep getting paid like before and was not living in the real world. What if he tore a pec or broke a leg this year....he would have been paid. And even the new contract he failed to get sent in time, paid him more than what he got after the fiasco, and had injury guarantees in 2014.

Screw him! I am now glad he is gone, and we will have the space to sign our FAs next year, since we don't have Doom, his fat contract, and big cap hit again next year. We ate his dead money and still have an overall better team than before FA started.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:49 AM   #139
ol#7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
And if they hadn't cut him they would be on the hook for that 12 million guaranteed contract for this year ( 13.6 if you count the total cap for the year, too.)

NO way Dumervil was worth that, after he had already milked the Broncos for >30 million over 3 years ( of which he played 2). He had already gotten paid, and he didn't do enough to justify what he had received, after the 2009 contract.

Elway told him up front at the start that he needed to reduce his salary or that he would be released. They let him know two weeks before March 15. Totally upfront and honest, and Doom and his agent played games, and it cost both Doom and the Broncos.

While some think Elway should just have been a NICE guy and let Dumerville keep being overpaid , I am glad that the duke has sense enough to call it for what it was.....a BAD contract that didn't reflect the true value Dumervil had
to the team.

And apparently Dumervil thinks he is the best in the league at sacking the QB, because his contract was Higher than everyone else in his position. Von Miller played better than Doom in every respect , and that is just on the Broncos. Many other players met or exceeded his production last year.

Doom wanted to keep getting paid like before and was not living in the real world. What if he tore a pec or broke a leg this year....he would have been paid. And even the new contract he failed to get sent in time, paid him more than what he got after the fiasco, and had injury guarantees in 2014.

Screw him! I am now glad he is gone, and we will have the space to sign our FAs next year, since we don't have Doom, his fat contract, and big cap hit again next year. We ate his dead money and still have an overall better team than before FA started.
What about all the seasons he was underpaid playing out a 4th round contract. Dont remember him ever holding out or being a malcontent while he was grossly underpaid.

It's a two way street you know.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:20 AM   #140
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol#7 View Post
What about all the seasons he was underpaid playing out a 4th round contract. Dont remember him ever holding out or being a malcontent while he was grossly underpaid.

It's a two way street you know.
"All those seasons" - cmon now. He was underpaid 1 year in 2009. He made up for that with a free year on the sidelines. But that's part of the game. It's not like these guys want to be injured and sitting out. I don't hold that against any player. In the end I think Elvis earned what he was paid here in Denver. I don't think either the team or him got over on anybody. Seemed all fair to me. But going into this year, he would have been getting paid too much based on the market. So, the rest is history.

NEXT MAN UP
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:17 AM   #141
BroncoBeavis

I wonder why all these Doom Owes Us! guys don't have a problem with how Manning left the Colts. After all he signed a $90 million contract just in time to spend a year on his ass. Then he refused to renegotiate anything the following season. Not a team player I guess.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:49 AM   #142
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I wonder why all these Doom Owes Us! guys don't have a problem with how Manning left the Colts. After all he signed a $90 million contract just in time to spend a year on his ass. Then he refused to renegotiate anything the following season. Not a team player I guess.
The colts didn't offer Manning a new contract, they just cut him. It's a completely different situation and not comparable in the least. That being said, I don't blame doom for following the money. Loyalty is almost non existent in the modern NFL and it cuts both ways. Simply the nature of the beast

Last edited by FireFly; 03-28-2013 at 05:53 AM..
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:10 AM   #143
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
...I don't blame doom for following the money...
He actually didn't follow the money. The Broncos offered more. It appears $1.5 million more guaranteed.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-ravens/19017/

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...eney-down-lard
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #144
CEH
Ring of Famer

In 2009, the prevailing thought was Doom gather a lot of sacks against the TEs. In a 4-3 he's going against tackles. He may shine again in the 3-4 in Baltimore

The 4th and 29 then the Prayer in Thin Air.

Good luck. I don't see Baltimore getting into the playoffs this year with another miracle season . Not after they gutted the defense and leadership

I see Denver getting Doom's sack production for the RDE position this year.

You don't ask a player for that type to take a pay cut without a plan B in place.
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #145
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
The colts didn't offer Manning a new contract, they just cut him. It's a completely different situation and not comparable in the least. That being said, I don't blame doom for following the money. Loyalty is almost non existent in the modern NFL and it cuts both ways. Simply the nature of the beast
Because he wouldn't budge on the 28 million bonus he was due if he was on the roster at the deadline. Almost exactly like the Doom situation. Except Doom was trying to give a little back before the deadline.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #146
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

If Freeney doesn't want to play ball, then just go to the next guy in Shaun Phillips who can come in as a situational pass rusher, knows the AFC West, still has good speed off the edge and will come much cheaper.

We can always use the unspent money in cap this year to roll over to next year for guys like Chris Harris etc.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:51 AM   #147
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Because he wouldn't budge on the 28 million bonus he was due if he was on the roster at the deadline. Almost exactly like the Doom situation. Except Doom was trying to give a little back before the deadline.
Except Denver didn't have another Von Miller sitting there for the taking in the draft.

You think Denver would be that concern with Doom if they knew in the draft they would get the next Von Miller

Doom screwed up. The offer Denver gave Doom on that Friday at 11:00 am was the best deal as it turned out and Doom lost money by not taking the deal at 1:00 pm
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #148
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Denver may just be biding their time for now , but I wish they would
give us some indication of where they want to go. I guess there is not much action, and its a long way till July, but it sucks knowing we still have holes to fill.

Perhaps they will just hold onto the 5 mill cap space available until later ( june 1) and see where they are after the draft.

But I would still like them to bring in Carlos Dansby for a look. It seems to me that he is a veteran MLB not past his prime, and that the draft really has no standout interior lbs that would be able to be 1st ( or even 2nd) year impact players. Dansby could fill the starting role and we don't need to rely on Irving to take some big step up in production ( something that has not been evident ) by some magic.

Reach an injury settlement with Mays and release him. Thsi will prevent the "unguided missile " from hurting anyone else of OUR players in training camp. Then sign Dansby to a two year deal, with incentives. Rely on the draft and our current roster to replace doom, and if Irving fails to step up we have a viable starter anyway. Look to draft a real MLB in 14 or the next year. The down side to waiting is that someone else may sign him.

"Patience, my young padawan!" is the word of the day, I guess.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #149
DENVERDUI55

I see a lot of sign Karlos Dansby posts and was wondering if anyone has even brought him in for a visit?
Old 03-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #150
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
While that is positive thinking, we have a SB window of opportunity and I think we will need that FA piece like when we took Neil Smith from his prison of hell (Chiefs). Do we want to bank on that or play it safe and get a veteran that we know can do the job?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote