The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default So I am in a Best Buy in Chicago and...

What other Bronco fan discussions have you had with perfect strangers?

I need to buy my 10 year old a USB cable for her laptop. It is just me a 5 year old and a 10 year old and I am sore from driving and grumpier than I thought I was. We are checking out and the kid behind the cash register says something about my Bronco jacket. I was distracted trying to keep track of the 5 year old and it took a couple extra beats before I got what he said.

Turned out the kid was a Bronco fan and not a duh bears fan mocking me, we ended up having a nice conversation about losing Doom and getting some nice FA pieces and I felt bad for blowing him off at 1st, he was a nice kid. He asked if we were going to upgrade our RB's, If I wasn't with the kids I would have used all my KM jokes on him.

Got me curious as to what other run in's yous guys (reading lots of Raymond Chandler and Nelson Algren) have had with other Bronco fans in unexpected places?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

In the Navy I had to room with a Raiders fan from Wyoming. It was back when we were crushing them every year, so it wasn't so bad.

Strange that I just ran into him at DU the other day... he's in Law School at Sturm.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I had a buddy in Pittsburgh who was a Seahawks fan. Got to talk about the AFC West with him, and give him a hard time about liking the Seahawks.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

I ran into a poster from the Mane in an elevator in Oak Brook outside of Chicago when I was on my way to a Blackhawk game. He saw my leather Bronco jacket (same one I had on today) and we got to talking. Turned out he was a couple rows behind me at the 2007(?) Broncos/duh bears game in Chicago.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I was in the stall and farted. I sais loudly,"just trying to push out this Raider!" Then it was a conversation between 4 stalls having a 10 minute smack talk holding up the lines. I was just hiding out until halftime was over at the LA Coliseum and the Faiders fans went back to their seats. True story if you believe bull****.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 03-27-2013 at 11:06 PM..
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Just tonight at dinner a guy from Denver stopped me after he saw my polo.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:44 PM   #7
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I don't talk to strangers... Stranger danger
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I had a buddy in Pittsburgh who was a Seahawks fan. Got to talk about the AFC West with him, and give him a hard time about liking the Seahawks.

About the "old" Seahawks....

I ran into Steve Largent at the DFW airport the other day. We have talked before, and went to the same school (University of Tulsa). He has always been a friendly and gracious person to meet out in public.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #9
bombay
Ring of Famer

I drove down the Baja from Long Beach to Cabo in '03. We were in LaPaz, which is a surprisingly large city (maybe 3-400,000 people?) about 75% of the way down. Anyway, a local guy stopped me on the street because I had a Broncos hat on, and started a very detailed, intelligent conversation about the team. Berlein (sp) was the backup QB at the time, and I drew a blank on his name and the guy had to remind me. It was November, and he was starting instead of Griese that weekend. It was kind of embarassing that he was more on top of it than me, but also kind of cool. We are everywhere.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #10
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I was in a stripclub just outside St Louis and there was a gorgeous stripper there and while I'm damn near drooling on myself, I notice she has a Broncos tattoo on her hip or back. I noted it as being awesome but didn't do or say anything but then a year or so later, I'm back at the same club and she's there again but covered up. I asked if she was the Broncos girl because someone there didn't believe it was the same girl and she said she was and sat down to talk Broncos football for a while. I don't recall a thing we talked about because I was drunk off my ass and she was naked but I could've died that day and had no regrets.

Fast forward to this past Christmas time and I'm having coffee with my dad at the local cafe one morning in Hillbillyville, Missouri and there's a girl there that looks about 19 and by local standards, quite stunning. I'd say a 7 or 8 anywhere else and dressed quite sexily so after seeing whales and inbreds for a week, I'm checking her out bigtime. She's sitting with an old lady and after a few minutes of checking her out subtly, I notice the young girl pointing my direction and saying something to the old lady. I'm feeling pretty good and trying to play it cool so when the old lady walks over to me, I start getting ready to break the terrible news that I'm married and off the market. The old lady then proceeds to tell me that she likes the Broncos sweatshirt I'm wearing, that she grew up in Greeley as a lifelong Broncos fan, and I see the hottie walk out the door. She then proceeded to try to talk football like any 65-70 year old woman does as I fought the urge to be spiteful and correct every mistake because she could barely pick a football out of a lineup.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #11
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
In the Navy I had to room with a Raiders fan from Wyoming. It was back when we were crushing them every year, so it wasn't so bad.

Strange that I just ran into him at DU the other day... he's in Law School at Sturm.
My roomie in the Navy was an enormous Steelers fan, lived with him during the 1997 run. Anger ensued, he didn't talk to me for a week.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #12
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Couple of years ago, I was in BC fishing . We went on the ferry to Victoria. I was wearing my Bronocs' hat. One of lady stewards asked about the Broncos. She and her husband were big Broncos' fans. She asked whether Cutler would improve, and thought the Broncos would win the Diviison that year. They were going to the game in Seattle that year. It was a great experience to talk with her. It solidified my impression that Canadians were just Americxans who paid different taxes.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #13
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

I need to buy my 10 year old a USB cable for her laptop. It is just me a 5 year old and a 10 year old and I am sore from driving and grumpier than I thought I was. We are checking out and the kid behind the cash register says something about my Bronco jacket. I was distracted trying to keep track of the 5 year old and it took a couple extra beats before I got what he said.

Turned out the kid was a Bronco fan and not a duh bears fan mocking me, we ended up having a nice conversation about losing Doom and getting some nice FA pieces and I felt bad for blowing him off at 1st, he was a nice kid. He asked if we were going to upgrade our RB's, If I wasn't with the kids I would have used all my KM jokes on him.

Got me curious as to what other run in's yous guys (reading lots of Raymond Chandler and Nelson Algren) have had with other Bronco fans in unexpected places?
First of all Gene Kranz would have made a USB cable from unused garage junk, duct tape, bailing wire and plastic milk cartons and it would work twice and good as the one you bought from Best Buy.

Secondly, Gene Kranz.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 03-28-2013 at 09:14 AM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #14
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Couple of years ago, I was in BC fishing . We went on the ferry to Victoria. I was wearing my Bronocs' hat. One of lady stewards asked about the Broncos. She and her husband were big Broncos' fans. She asked whether Cutler would improve, and thought the Broncos would win the Diviison that year. They were going to the game in Seattle that year. It was a great experience to talk with her. It solidified my impression that Canadians were just Americxans who paid different taxes.
..and didnt KICK ASS to get their country!

Love British Columbia. Mum is from there and beautiful area. I have not been since World Fair in 86. Time to go back.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #15
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Had an interesting conversation in Boston last weekend with a bunch of Patriots fans talking about how they were suddenly glad that Welker is gone, how much better Amendola is, and how "Tawmmy made him look good in the first place."

I laughed. Then, when I got home, I mailed my buddy an orange Welkaaaaaah jersey. Because **** him, is why.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #16
Slade
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

[QUOTE=broncosteven;3822255]What other Bronco fan discussions have you had with perfect strangers?

the best buy by the hancock tower?
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:44 AM   #17
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

I was flying from Detroit to Lincoln, NE, through St. Louis, It was Christmas Day, the airline, which I can't remember but hub was stl (twa?) had a worker "slow down" they got me to stl but flight to Lincoln was cancelled, I went to the smokers lounge and another couple in there was wearing bronco hear, started talking and they were heading to Lincoln also, we ended up getting on a flight to Omaha and shared a rental car to Lincoln. Total strangers, but broncos bonded us
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #18
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Two weeks ago I was in Nashville on business. I had my Broncos jacket on when we went to dinner. The valet guy immediately noticed and started asking me about the Elvis situation (Dumervil, not Presley - this was the night before the fax machine incident) -- turned out that the valet is a huge PMFM and Bronco fan. He said Elway made him a Denver fan, he loved PM from his college days and now he has the best of both worlds. We had about a 3 minute conversation before my colleagues pulled me in to eat. It was cool - just a random guy in Tennessee.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #19
80smith
Perennial Pro-bowler

Love me some grilled food!

Took the family to the Field Museum in December and when we were getting our coats checked the guy at the counter noticed my Broncos shirt and started a conversation as he was a fan too.
80smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #20
Bacchus

Quote:

I run into a lot of people who say they are Broncos fans. Of course I am wearing the gear they are not. I think most of them are imposters and not worth my time. Someone say "hey I love Manning what's he goon do this year?" I see that as a trap question. So I ignore him, if he persists ****storm could happen and I could end up pouring my rum and coke on him. ****ing imposters.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #21
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I hope you didn't actually waste money on buying an HDMI cable from a big box store.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #22
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

[QUOTE=Slade;3822460]
Quote:

the best buy by the hancock tower?
No, I should have clarified, I am out in the burbs, it was the one in Bloomingdale but not many here know where that is whereas most of the more literate posters here have heard of Chicago.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #23
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I hope you didn't actually waste money on buying an HDMI cable from a big box store.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Nope, USB and I have to take it back, I need to special order it.

You have to be careful with Amazon's prices, there are some things that they beat prices on and yet other things (namely Car parts) that they are terribly overpriced on.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #24
Paladin
Ring of Famer

There are a lot of Bronco fans in San Luis Obispo. Met s couple of guys working on a sign on the main street (beautiful, BTW). One of the ladies inb a store was from Northern Colorado. Great folks out there, along with the Beaches, Beer and Babes.......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #25
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Nope, USB and I have to take it back, I need to special order it.

You have to be careful with Amazon's prices, there are some things that they beat prices on and yet other things (namely Car parts) that they are terribly overpriced on.
Yeah I use EBAY motors for my car parts online. Even then you have to be careful.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote