The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #1501
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 20,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

darn - thought my favorite ATH might make it to me here in the bottom of the 6th in Denard Robinson. ahh well
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #1502
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Bills just took Joseph Fauria whom is pretty much a clone of Scott Chandler. They probably needed more of a slot/receiving TE with speed to stretch the field. There were some better options out there I feel. At least now though, if Chandler struggles in his rehab from his ACL surgery, they'll have a clone to replace him. I just worry about when both guys are healthy. Outside of maybe some creative red zone packages, I'm not sure what you do with the same limited style of TE.
I think Chandler is a UFA after this coming year. Fauria was the highest rated TE as far as I could tell and I wanted to add some depth at TE. I don't think he's going to be an extremely dynamic TE, but I think the Bills need more immediate depth at the position and Fauria's long-term ceiling is probably fringe starter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:42 PM   #1503
jebures
Ring of Famer
 
jebures's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Bowlennnnn?
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #1504
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,228

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebures View Post
Bowlennnnn?
Just woke up.... Pick is in.... Am pleased to select one of the true sleepers in this draft in Ty Powell.....

Must.... Drink.... Coffee....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #1505
jebures
Ring of Famer
 
jebures's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 1,259

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Just woke up.... Pick is in.... Am pleased to select one of the true sleepers in this draft in Ty Powell.....

Must.... Drink.... Coffee....
One of my top players left. He and Brandon McGee.....bastards!
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #1506
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,228

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebures View Post
One of my top players left. He and Brandon McGee.....bastards!
"Feeling good was good enough for me,
Good enough for he and Brandon McGee...."
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:07 AM   #1507
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I have no doubt that Barkley will go in the first round. Probably quite a bit higher than many people think. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Woods in there as well.
We'll see. Barkley flubbed his Pro Day, or at best was not impressive, from all accounts. He has a weak arm and bad technique. He is a decent athlete with good leadership, but when your primary comparison is Andy Dalton, I'm not sure that's the greatest thing. He probably does end up in the top of the second round.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:14 AM   #1508
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,703
Default

Good round to take Denard Robinson. You'll need a gameplan for how to use him, probably similar to Brad Smith or Josh Cribbs, but I like a moveable chess piece in the 6th Round.


Ty Powell is interesting. Bmore was very high on him, but preferred Quanterus Smith, as do I. He's a good athlete and his age doesn't really bother me too much, but personality and apparent attitude issues might. I don't really do ultra small school prospects, and if they have any red flags, I definitely don't. So, I don't have overly high hopes for this guy. That being said, I think the draft value is okay. If it's just Harding and his production and athleticism, Late 5th - Mid 6th looks right. With the red flags, I'd probably lean more towards 7th or UDFA, especially with some of the great talent inexplicably still around. I do like the fit as a 34 OLB though.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:59 AM   #1509
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I preferred Smith there cause I thought Powell would be available in the sixth, I thought wrong..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:03 AM   #1510
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,228

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Good round to take Denard Robinson. You'll need a gameplan for how to use him, probably similar to Brad Smith or Josh Cribbs, but I like a moveable chess piece in the 6th Round.


Ty Powell is interesting. Bmore was very high on him, but preferred Quanterus Smith, as do I. He's a good athlete and his age doesn't really bother me too much, but personality and apparent attitude issues might. I don't really do ultra small school prospects, and if they have any red flags, I definitely don't. So, I don't have overly high hopes for this guy. That being said, I think the draft value is okay. If it's just Harding and his production and athleticism, Late 5th - Mid 6th looks right. With the red flags, I'd probably lean more towards 7th or UDFA, especially with some of the great talent inexplicably still around. I do like the fit as a 34 OLB though.
Physically, he's a perfect fit as a rush linebacker in Dick LeBeau's offense -- not just the measurables, but his performance in position drills at the Senior Bowl, the Combine, and his Pro Day were also all outstanding.

I do agree with you about the red flags -- but I think this kid has a real shot to be a much better pro than college player. Hopefully, he's the second coming of James Harrison!
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:47 AM   #1511
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,424
Default

Okay, Carolina's draft is over. Pretty satisfied overall. We wanted help on both lines and got that in the first two rounds. Got an athletic weapon for Newton, and got some secondary help.

1st round) Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
2nd round) Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
4th round) Jordan Reed, TE, Florida
5th round) Josh Evans, S, Florida
6th round) Nickell Robey, CB, USC
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:48 AM   #1512
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,228

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Interesting selection of Nickell Robey....


caption: Nickell Robey gives up a pass completion to Ryan Swope at the Senior Bowl.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:59 AM   #1513
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Interesting selection of Nickell Robey....


caption: Nickell Robey gives up a pass completion to Ryan Swope at the Senior Bowl.
Yeah, but his size is the only thing not to like about him IMO, so I thought at this point in the draft he was well worth the risk. Athletic, quick, tenacious, good ball skills, and he stepped up his game against the best receivers he faced despite his size disadvantage. You can't put him outside, obviously, but I think he will do well in the slot and can also help out on special teams.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:08 AM   #1514
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Okay, Carolina's draft is over. Pretty satisfied overall. We wanted help on both lines and got that in the first two rounds. Got an athletic weapon for Newton, and got some secondary help.

1st round) Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
2nd round) Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
4th round) Jordan Reed, TE, Florida
5th round) Josh Evans, S, Florida
6th round) Nickell Robey, CB, USC

Strong draft in terms of value, depending on the reality of Lotulelei's heart condition. However, I would have rather seen you address CB with either the 2nd or 4th round selections, you don't really have any right now. Who knows if Josh Norman becomes anything. Munnerlyn is ideally suited as a nickelback, but then that's also the only position Robey could play. I guess you went more of a best available player approach, and as mentioned, you got good value up and down the draft, but the lack of a good starting outside CB is glaring. Tharold Simon (amongst others) in the 4th Round and perhaps taking a backup TE in the 6th would have made this much better for me.

Best pick is Lotulelei if he's healthy. If not, Josh Evans in the 5th. Worst pick is Lotulelei if he continues to have heart complications. If not, Nickell Robey. He's such a small player, height and size, he makes Captain Munnerlyn look big. And at that size, he should be faster than he is. He also supposably had a poor Pro Day yesterday in terms of ball skills. He did jump high at least though.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #1515
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Strong draft in terms of value, depending on the reality of Lotulelei's heart condition. However, I would have rather seen you address CB with either the 2nd or 4th round selections, you don't really have any right now. Who knows if Josh Norman becomes anything. Munnerlyn is ideally suited as a nickelback, but then that's also the only position Robey could play. I guess you went more of a best available player approach, and as mentioned, you got good value up and down the draft, but the lack of a good starting outside CB is glaring. Tharold Simon (amongst others) in the 4th Round and perhaps taking a backup TE in the 6th would have made this much better for me.

Best pick is Lotulelei if he's healthy. If not, Josh Evans in the 5th. Worst pick is Lotulelei if he continues to have heart complications. If not, Nickell Robey. He's such a small player, height and size, he makes Captain Munnerlyn look big. And at that size, he should be faster than he is. He also supposably had a poor Pro Day yesterday in terms of ball skills. He did jump high at least though.
I had CB high on my priority list, but I wanted to address both offensive and defensive lines and thought the value was excellent there with my 1st and 2nd round picks. I think Star and Warford can come in and start right way. The OL really needed help because despite the talent they have at RB, they could not run it with any consistency. Warford will help with that. I was planning to take B.W. Webb in the 4th, but he went a couple of picks before my selection. I thought Reed represented the best value at that point. Carolina does have Greg Olsen, but I see Reed as more of an Aaron Hernandez H-back type who you can line up at different spots depending on the match-up. I thought Evans was the best value in the 5th; I think he's flying under the radar a bit due to being overshadowed by Elam. That filled a need as well. With Robey, I could have taken a player with more ideal measurables, but what are the odds of landing a starting CB at this point in the draft anyway? I think Robey has a better chance of sticking than some of the other players with better measurables but lesser accomplishments. So, I was going with a "best value" approach, as you mentioned. It would have been nice if I had not been missing a 3rd rounder. I probably would have addressed CB there.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #1516
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,228

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Yeah, but his size is the only thing not to like about him IMO, so I thought at this point in the draft he was well worth the risk. Athletic, quick, tenacious, good ball skills, and he stepped up his game against the best receivers he faced despite his size disadvantage. You can't put him outside, obviously, but I think he will do well in the slot and can also help out on special teams.

Caption: Nickell Robey, keeping it real with his 'peeps'.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #1517
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,703
Default

Bowlen is killing me


On a serious note, I love the selection of Hugh Thornton. He was easily my top rated O-lineman remaining. I agree with the projection to OG. Just a really good player that I thought would start drawing interest as early as the 4th round. Amazing to me that we had this massive rush for O-linemen, but he slipped.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #1518
Conklin
Ring of Famer
 
Conklin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Springfield, Misery
Posts: 3,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Bowlen is killing me


On a serious note, I love the selection of Hugh Thornton. He was easily my top rated O-lineman remaining. I agree with the projection to OG. Just a really good player that I thought would start drawing interest as early as the 4th round. Amazing to me that we had this massive rush for O-linemen, but he slipped.
yeah, I'll agree with this statement, was really hoping he'd slide to my pick!
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #1519
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,228

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Oooooh... LOVE the Hugh Thornton selection. Great value there, Drek.

I think this is an amazing draft for interior offensive linemen, by the way. Would love for the Broncos to pick up Bailey, Tretter, and/or Thornton in the 4th/5th rounds this year

One more thing about Nickell Robey -- the word on the light rail is he was red flagged at the combine for a medical condition.... At first, it was diagnosed as lupus....

BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #1520
JCMElway
Moderate-erator
 
JCMElway's Avatar
 
Dominate!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 7,286

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg
Default

Hey all, I have some trade possibilities that I am investigating between a couple of interested parties. Will try and get this thing done ASAP. Neither guy is online right now....
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #1521
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,228

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
Hey all, I have some trade possibilities that I am investigating between a couple of interested parties. Will try and get this thing done ASAP. Neither guy is online right now....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #1522
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Baltimore and San Diego have agreed to a trade.

Baltimore gets picks 184 and 207
San Diego gets picks 190 and 200
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:12 AM   #1523
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,135

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Bowlen is killing me


On a serious note, I love the selection of Hugh Thornton. He was easily my top rated O-lineman remaining. I agree with the projection to OG. Just a really good player that I thought would start drawing interest as early as the 4th round. Amazing to me that we had this massive rush for O-linemen, but he slipped.
I was trying to trade up with JCMElway to get him, but he went off the board. Sigh! another one bites the dust
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #1524
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

After missing out on Ty Powell, Bmore Manning moves up to make sure he grabs one of his favorite prospects in the draft..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #1525
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
After missing out on Ty Powell, Bmore Manning moves up to make sure he grabs one of his favorite prospects in the draft..
Glad you got your guy. I think he's extremely intriguing because of his size/speed ratio. I think the draft value for a small school guy with his upside is rock solid at this point. I don't know a lot about him, but he's easily one of the more interesting late round safeties. Could turn out to be a steal.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:53 AM.


Denver Broncos