The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #51
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I just don't see the need to trash the guy. He's gone, I was happy with what he did while here but it doesn't matter now.

Of course I forgot standard OM protocol is that players suck after they leave.

Really? I see it more as people are defending Elway and the Broncos vs. trashing Elvis.....however I understand both sides of the argument. I blame Elvis due to his lack of urgency in signing his new contract and faxing it to Dove Valley. Unfortunately people feel the need to trash Elway because a player decided he needed to move on.

as for the OM protocol....you've never had ill will towards any former player or coach? Tell me what you think about Reeves, McDaniels, Lelie, Walker, Cutler, Maddox, etc...
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 01:59 PM   #52
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Really? I see it more as people are defending Elway and the Broncos vs. trashing Elvis.....however I understand both sides of the argument. I blame Elvis due to his lack of urgency in signing his new contract and faxing it to Dove Valley. Unfortunately people feel the need to trash Elway because a player decided he needed to move on.

as for the OM protocol....you've never had ill will towards any former player or coach? Tell me what you think about Reeves, McDaniels, Lelie, Walker, Cutler, Maddox, etc...
Then you haven't been reading I guess, I am tired of reading the "well he sucks against the run" or "well he disappeared in the playoffs" or "well he just gets sacks against bad left tackles" comments. Sure, some said that when he was here...I will grant you that. But come on.

I have nothing against Reeves, Lelie, Cutler or Maddox. Not Marshall either for that matter. McDaniels should be on every Bronco fan's Mount Rushmore of "I wish you would die in a dumpster fire" people. So no, I don't subscribe to the ideology that I have to all of a sudden dislike and find something wrong with a former player or coach. There are obvious exceptions to everything.

The defense got worse in Denver and better in Baltimore. Anyone thinking otherwise, is on crack. That upsets me, and only that.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:30 PM   #53
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

I might be on crack...but I think Denver's defense is going to be better this season than last.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #54
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Elvis was the master at beating second rate OT's and poor QB play. Check out these stats from his 63 sacks. Elvis has got most of his sacks against the poor division he has played in for his career and has not produced against the better teams in the league.

Oakland--9 Sacks

KC--6.5
San Diego--8

Cleveland--9 sacks

Elvis has faced Brady 5 times, Manning 3, Brees once and he has 3.5 sacks against Brady and 2 came in a blowout loss. The only good QB he has had any success against is Big Ben(takes a lot of sacks) 5.5 in 4 games. Elvis has not beat top OL and QB's in his career and I don't think he will be missed that much. It's hopeful thinking but the numbers don't lie he plays like he did in the postseason against the teams Denver needs him the most.

I'll buy that because its pretty much correct and I want it to be correct............Elvis left the building too many times......I know thats correct !
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #55
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
...Didn't your stats just show that he's whipping Joe Thomas better than anyone?

In fact, at a quick glance, Joe Thomas, Whitworth, Jordan Gross... he got sacks against the best OL we faced this past year.
He beat the awesome John sinclair for his 4 sacks with his hand in the dirt. Contrary to all the talk on here about the RDE spot Elvis has rushed from both sides. Sure he may have beat them but did the QB run to Doom? I would have to watch again but I do know he hasn't consistently beat top OT. He is a 9 sack a year guy that can be replaced well we Hope.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 03-27-2013 at 04:10 PM..
Old 03-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #56
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
He beat the awesome John sinclair for his 4 sacks with his hand in the dirt. Contrary to all the talk on here about the RDE spot Elvis has rushed from both sides. Sure he may have beat them but did the QB run to Doom? I would have to watch again but I do know he hasn't consistently beat top OT. He is a 9 sack a year guy that can be replaced well we Hope.

I hope as well because pressure is ok but top notch QBs don't rattle under pressure, they have to be hit.

In big games he was a no show.....as you said against better OL
Old 03-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #57
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Moving the goal posts on him and not other players. Kinda silly.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #58
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
He beat the awesome John sinclair for his 4 sacks with his hand in the dirt.

FWIW, Doom beat Thomas for the 1st of his 4 sacks that day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUPPCrsPvHQ

not sure how to embed so there's the link. Rep for anyone who can tell me how to embed a youtube vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post

In big games he was a no show
Does the playoff game against Pitt in 2011 not count as a big game?

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 03-27-2013 at 05:09 PM..
Old 03-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #59
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post

not sure how to embed so there's the link. Rep for anyone who can tell me how to embed a youtube vid

Click share under the video, then embed, then copy
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #60
bigbucks24
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Good riddence.

Over rated

Liability in the run game

Not worth $8m/yr...let alone $12m

I'd rather give Ayers a go. Here's my thinking. I believe we will have just as many sacks, QB pressures etc. this year as we did last. In JDR I trust.

Draft a stud rookie at #28 and plug him in and off we go.

No player should hold a team hostage for big money...unless they are super elite. Doom...Nope....that's not him!
If he is so crappy and they can get just as many sacks and pressures without him, why in the world did the great and powerful Elway try to re-sign him?
bigbucks24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #61
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Having Doom come back would have helped the team more than his not being here will hurt them. If that makes any sense. But what's done is done, he's gone.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #62
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

I've seen it that is on Quinn. Count the seconds after the snap. That is a great play to show that Doom isn't very good standing up though.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #63
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Interesting. So tell me, what caused Rahim the daydream to be a fuggin idiot when we were a 98.99494% favorite to win in the last 30 seconds?
That certainly wasnt because the Ratbirds threw a perfect TD pass. It was a desparation HAil Mary,, sure it is one thing Flacco can do is heave ho it down field, but it was basically a jump ball that Jacoby almost lost his shoes having to twist around and nearly fall backward to catch it while Rahim blew the biggest Mind Fart in all of human History to blow that easy defense.

It had very little to do with The Ravens. The many ref gifts and a couple blown plays by Champ in the first half had set them up for the unlikely miracle to even happen.

It was just one of those years where the team with all the breaks .. not at all the best team ... squeaked through and won it all. Wont happen again this year for the Ratters, that's for sure.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #64
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
That certainly wasnt because the Ratbirds threw a perfect TD pass. It was a desparation HAil Mary,, sure it is one thing Flacco can do is heave ho it down field, but it was basically a jump ball that Jacoby almost lost his shoes having to twist around and nearly fall backward to catch it while Rahim blew the biggest Mind Fart in all of human History to blow that easy defense.

It had very little to do with The Ravens. The many ref gifts and a couple blown plays by Champ in the first half had set them up for the unlikely miracle to even happen.

It was just one of those years where the team with all the breaks .. not at all the best team ... squeaked through and won it all. Wont happen again this year for the Ratters, that's for sure.
Amen brother. The secondary was out of place several times and Flacco just got lucky.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:02 AM   #65
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post

Click share under the video, then embed, then copy
First please note that Lady Quinn is the starting QB. The first sack I'd call a coverage sack, Quinn stepped up in the pocket due to pressure and Doom got him. The remaining 3 sacks NOT against Thomas, all against the RT.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #66
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
First please note that Quinn is the starting QB. The first sack I'd call a coverage sack, Quinn stepped up in the pocket due to pressure and Doom got him. The remaining 3 sacks NOT against Thomas, all against the RT.
that was posted in response to the claim that all 4 sacks were against St Claire--which they weren't. Fans have different ways of reconciling players leaving. Point being if Doom was the underwhelming presence a lot of posters are making him out to be, the Broncos wouldn't have tried to retain him at the price they had and there wouldn't be near this much talk about him on the interwebs.

Last edited by BroncosfanGuy; 03-28-2013 at 11:24 AM..
Old 03-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #67
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
that was posted in response to the claim that all 4 sacks were against St Claire--which they weren't. Fans have different ways of reconciling players leaving. Point being if Doom was the underwhelming presence a lot of posters are making him out to be, the Broncos wouldn't have tried to retain him at the price they had and there wouldn't be near this much talk about him on the interwebs.
Truth is he disappeared a lot.
Truth is he got a lot of sacks against lower tier teams.
Truth is he was not good at setting an edge.
Truth is he is overpaid for his level of production.

Since this draft is fairly loaded and Freeny is being an idiot we will be just fine without him. His lack of loyalty to a team that paid him 30 million dollars for two seasons is just mind boggling.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:18 AM   #68
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Shaun Phillips 2.5, Elvis Dumervil 1.0

I like where this is headed...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:23 AM   #69
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Anyone else notice Shaun Phillips had 2 sacks and a couple other pressures? If he plays like this we will get the same production out of him that Doom would have given us for a tenth of the price.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #70
CEH
Ring of Famer

Elvis did what Elvis does. Fail to show up in big games and makes his sacks against lower competition or TEs.

Thank you Elway
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:36 AM   #71
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Big sacks plus coverage skills and run stopping ability!! Phillips>>>>$$$$$Doom
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #72
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

YAWN!
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:44 AM   #73
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

guys, it was one game. an opener, but one game none the less. Phillips will not have 40 sacks this year. Dumervil will look like a beast at times. He is flawed, undersized, but he knows how to do one thing really well. Losing him was bad but our front office rebounded nicely by getting Phillips.

I will say this about Phillips, it's nice to have a guy that can bounce out into coverage and at least be serviceable. That's something you definitely can not say about Dumervil.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:45 AM   #74
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Elvis did what Elvis does. Fail to show up in big games and makes his sacks against lower competition or TEs.

Thank you Elway
He abused Franklin mostof the night and had a really good game fyi
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #75
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
He abused Franklin mostof the night and had a really good game fyi
I saw a different game sitting in the stands but whatever
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote