The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #1
EmDiggy
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Football Gameplan's Inside the War Room: Denver Broncos

Inside the War Room - Broncos

Good afternoon Broncos fans! Here's my Inside the War Room preview for you guys

Enjoy!

Em
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #2
goldengopher1976
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Two thoughts:

1. I personally love the idea of adding Woerner, but is he big enough to fit what the Broncos ask their ends to do? Wolfe is easily 30 pounds heavier than Woerner, and seems like the kind of guy they're targeting.

2. I thought I remember seeing that Lemonier is projected into the 2nd round, will he still be around?

thanks for your work.
goldengopher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #3
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I would love that draft. Not a fan of the FB in the 7th but, other then that our D would be sick if something like that happened.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
goldengopher1976
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Also, in your March 2013 mock you have Woerner going at #4 to the Eagles. How does he go from 4 in that draft to 28 in this one?
goldengopher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:42 PM   #5
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i don't like it. still not addressing the biggest need on the offense and that is a RB. McGahee is sputtering to the end. KnoShow is not the answer and i don't give a damn about 4 games last season where he looked decent. Hillman is a change of pace guy. let's get some power. if we had a guy who could push piles in the playoffs last season we don't give Baltimore the ball back and we take home a Lombardi.

we can't continue being a team that has to throw the ball to convert 3rd downs. we need the ability to also run for those first downs.

i'm not saying the situations are exactly the same, but look at Elway and his title runs. he got some help in the running game and finally got his rings. he wasn't asked to carry the load, he was able to share the load. Give Peyton the same help. don't ask him to win only on his arm, give him the ability to milk the clock and wear down defenses as well as beat teams through the air.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i don't like it. still not addressing the biggest need on the offense and that is a RB. McGahee is sputtering to the end. KnoShow is not the answer and i don't give a damn about 4 games last season where he looked decent. Hillman is a change of pace guy. let's get some power. if we had a guy who could push piles in the playoffs last season we don't give Baltimore the ball back and we take home a Lombardi.

we can't continue being a team that has to throw the ball to convert 3rd downs. we need the ability to also run for those first downs.

i'm not saying the situations are exactly the same, but look at Elway and his title runs. he got some help in the running game and finally got his rings. he wasn't asked to carry the load, he was able to share the load. Give Peyton the same help. don't ask him to win only on his arm, give him the ability to milk the clock and wear down defenses as well as beat teams through the air.
I'm glad Elway is the man, he certainly must have this same view since he lived it.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #7
EmDiggy
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengopher1976 View Post
Also, in your March 2013 mock you have Woerner going at #4 to the Eagles. How does he go from 4 in that draft to 28 in this one?
Thanks Gopher.. FA Needs sort of pushed him down the list.. He's still a Top-15 talent imho, just the way the draft fell. I have Mingo falling to Rd 2 (Not as sold on him anyway - solid not spectacular)
Old 03-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
EmDiggy
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post

You don't need a specific RB to "wear" down defenses..that's just football jargon. You just need a guy that can consistently gain yards, and you guys have that already on the roster in Ronnie Hillman
Old 03-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #9
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
You don't need a specific RB to "wear" down defenses..that's just football jargon. You just need a guy that can consistently gain yards, and you guys have that already on the roster in Ronnie Hillman
idk about that. i saw Hillman as a smaller Tatum Bell. lots of dancing and stops for little or no gain or losses but with that ability to break a long run every now and then. i didn't see a guy that can consistently get 4, 5 and 6 yards a carry. and even if he were able to consistently get yardage, he is too small to carry the ball 20 times a game. he lacks the strength to at the end of games run out the clock, he isn't capable of being a force at the goal line or in short yardage situations. he is a change of pace guy. and we don't have a guy who can be those things. McGahee was showing age before his injury and couldn't hold onto the ball anymore. Moreno has always been and continues to be a disappointment.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #10
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
I agree with your first point, but not your second.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #11
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Thanks. I'm meh about this one. But thanks for sharing
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote