The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #51
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Unless you mean they are hardcore to throw off suspicion. Otherwise this comment makes no sense.

I was hoping you'd chime in. You're fairly religious. Did your religious views push you toward homosexuality?

I've been active in my church from a very young age. Didn't really party like my friends did growing up. I didn't do things that cost money on Sundays to observe the sabbath. I served a two year mission for my church saved myself for marriage. I am still very attracted to women and think boobies are hot. The closest I came to feeling gay was when I saw Champ Bailey pick off an improbable interception from Aaron Brooks in the end zone against the Saints in the mid 2000's. I suppose I wasn't "hardcore" enough, I guess...
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #52
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Unless you mean they are hardcore to throw off suspicion. Otherwise this comment makes no sense.

I think the "core" part was a typo or autocorrect glitch or something.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #53
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I think the "core" part was a typo or autocorrect glitch or something.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #54
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I was hoping you'd chime in. You're fairly religious. Did your religious views push you toward homosexuality?

I've been active in my church from a very young age. Didn't really party like my friends did growing up. I didn't do things that cost money on Sundays to observe the sabbath. I served a two year mission for my church saved myself for marriage. I am still very attracted to women and think boobies are hot. The closest I came to feeling gay was when I saw Champ Bailey pick off an improbable interception from Aaron Brooks in the end zone against the Saints in the mid 2000's. I suppose I wasn't "hardcore" enough, I guess...

No, my religious views did not push me into homosexuality. Biggest issue I had was reconciling the two.

But I can see where you could have a Ted Haggard situation, the religion becomes a cover. You begin to hate the things that remind you of what you are, and attempt to put yourself as far away as possible from it. You look for distractions, immerse yourself in a faith, or sport, or whatever to innoculate yourself from ever being considered a homo. And then comes the fall, and its a complete shock to everyone. And some people will blame the faith. But the faith did not make Haggard gay, he was gay to begin with, wanted to hide it and used the faith to hide in plain sight.

Its entirely feasible Tebow COULD be gay, and as much as I kid about him being a mo, I doubt its him. Some people just are that on fire for God. It does not mean they are hiding 15 inch Aid Spitting Cobra dilrods in the closet.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #55
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
It does not mean they are hiding 15 inch Aid Spitting Cobra dilrods in the closet. :
Dammit. I knew my wife was gay.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #56
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:

I was going after two angles. The first comment was more along the lines to throw off suspicion (eg Marcus Bachmann and his gay therapy repair institutions).

But by hardcore, I was really talking more about the being extremely outspoken about being gay. So you don't qualify. This comment was made with religious leaders in mind, ie Ted Haggart, fill-in-the-blank Catholic priest,etc. I would certainly agree the majority of the hardcore outspoken are really as anti-gay as the portray. But the ones that are covering are higher percentage of this subgroup than the normal population rate is of being gay, IMO. At least it seems that way but I dont have any stats.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #57
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
I was going after two angles. The first comment was more along the lines to throw off suspicion (eg Marcus Bachmann and his gay therapy repair institutions).

But by hardcore, I was really talking more about the being extremely outspoken about being gay. So you don't qualify. This comment was made with religious leaders in mind, ie Ted Haggart, fill-in-the-blank Catholic priest,etc. I would certainly agree the majority of the hardcore outspoken are really as anti-gay as the portray. But the ones that are covering are higher percentage of this subgroup than the normal population rate is of being gay, IMO. At least it seems that way but I dont have any stats.
Now you're talking about something else. Being that way doesn't "make them gay." They're trying to appear to be one way to throw off suspicion of being the opposite.

But that isn't what you said. And I asked you to clarify you insisted "being hardcore (religious) makes you" gay. It's the other way around. Being gay and ashamed of it can make people hard core religious to use their church morales as a beard of sorts. But it's not like being that way made them into homosexuals.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #58
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Now you're talking about something else. Being that way doesn't "make them gay." They're trying to appear to be one way to throw off suspicion of being the opposite.

But that isn't what you said. And I asked you to clarify you insisted "being hardcore (religious) makes you" gay. It's the other way around. Being gay and ashamed of it can make people hard core religious to use their church morales as a beard of sorts. But it's not like being that way made them into homosexuals.
You are right... Poor wording. I meant 'makes you more likely to be' which is what I had put in my previous post. I was too short in my reply to you as the context was right in my head without including it. I think being gay is something you are born with. Religion doesnt do that to you.

My initial instinct nowadays is when I see someone very outspokenly religious, the probability pareto of skeletons in their closest is has being gay in there. Maybe I am conditioned due to the only ones you see in the news media are more of these types.

Bottom line, I really wouldnt be shocked if Teebs is gay. Think of all the factors. Strongly religious + still a virgin + etc.

Last edited by Jekyll15Hyde; 03-26-2013 at 04:26 PM..
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #59
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:32 PM   #60
jerseyboiler120

Who cares? It should have nothing to do with anything. Like in government; the country is a total disaster the economy is more of a wreck than it has ever been and nobama and the clan are more worried about people's sexual orientation that they are about saving America.

Peoples' sexual orientations and desires are no one else's business. And for the record I am a hetero who loves women and I am a conservative who loves America. I could care less who people wanna be with in their personal time, and that's what nearly all conservatives believe and feel as well. But of course the liberal media has lied to everyone for the past quarter century so all you liberals believe there is a justifiable battle to be won here.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #61
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Dammit. I knew my wife was gay.
Oh no, you are wrong. She is straight. She is totally kinky, ride that horsey kinda straight.

(Mods, that's all I heard. It wasn't from me)
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:50 PM   #62
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
I'm aware of the players who have come out.

I would suppose it depends on the city and organization he plays for as well as his status in football. A player outing themselves becomes an immediate media distraction. Every player on that team will be asked, "are you ok with...", you will have dumbass fans who will run their mouths and say some pretty vile things. Fanbases themselves will split. Imagine Tebowmania/circus x10. All because an athlete decided to let the public know he prefers men.

Good luck to him.

Which is why whomever it is I hope like hell it isn't a Bronco. At least not until we are rebuilding again. Can't afford that kind of distraction.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #63
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I highly doubt it. He's from hard core christian family and he's by the book good boy.

I always thought Jeff Garcia was gay.
You say that like gayness is a choice.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #64
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #65
Tim

Another former raider came out, kwamie Harris.