The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #126
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
"Machine guns" have been banned for 100 years for civilian use.

Instead of admitting that Heller knocked down a ****load of liberal gun regulations in Washington DC, you anti-gun people cling to one small snippet of that ruling you feels gives you license to ban whatever you like.

The Heller ruling ruled that trigger lock laws are unconstitutional. You can't ban willy-nilly.
The point is,as the ruling stated"machine guns & the like can be banned",the only point is that certain types of guns ie ARs can be banned/regulated. The 2nd amendment isn't absolute.

I never discounted what the ruling allowed,but you are taking one snippet of the ruling and acting as if it's all there is in the ruling.

Last edited by peacepipe; 03-26-2013 at 07:59 AM..
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #127
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
The point is,as the ruling stated"machine guns & the like can be banned",the only point is that certain types of guns ie ARs can be banned/regulated. The 2nd amendment isn't absolute.

I never discounted what the ruling allowed,but you are taking one snippet of the ruling and acting as if it's all there is in the ruling.
What about ARs makes you defecate your shorts besides media hype? ARs are not machine guns. Do you know that even when ARs aren't used in killing sprees, the media claims they were? They're still claiming Holmes used one, he did not - he used another rifle of a similar caliber, which is the caliber commonly used for hunting small animals with.

You're so afraid of varmint rifles - which are used in less than 1% of gun murders - that you want to ban them?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #128
W*GS
Ring of Famer

And yet more "I been in the theater and here's some pics" crap from nyuk.

Yes, it was a horrible shooting.

Yes, we get that it emotionally disturbed you.

Yes, we get that you've been there and taken pics with your cellphone camera.

No, that doesn't mean stopping Holmes would have been easy.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:08 AM   #129
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
And yet more "I been in the theater and here's some pics" crap from nyuk.

Yes, it was a horrible shooting.

Yes, we get that it emotionally disturbed you.

Yes, we get that you've been there and taken pics with your cellphone camera.

No, that doesn't mean stopping Holmes would have been easy.
Nobody said it would be easy but we definitely get that you can't answer simple questions.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #130
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Nobody said it would be easy but we definitely get that you can't answer simple questions.
Suppose the guy has a real gun:

Do you take the shot?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #131
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Suppose the guy has a real gun:

Do you take the shot?
Absolutely. Now go back to page 1 and answer my questions.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:18 AM   #132
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
What about ARs makes you defecate your shorts besides media hype? ARs are not machine guns. Do you know that even when ARs aren't used in killing sprees, the media claims they were? They're still claiming Holmes used one, he did not - he used another rifle of a similar caliber, which is the caliber commonly used for hunting small animals with.

You're so afraid of varmint rifles - which are used in less than 1% of gun murders - that you want to ban them?
I never said ARs are machine guns. I merely pointing out that ARs can constitutionally be banned. I'm pointing out that guns/ARs can be regulated.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #133
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
I never said ARs are machine guns. I merely pointing out that ARs can constitutionally be banned. I'm pointing out that guns/ARs can be regulated.
And there are countless other rifles that aren't ARs but have the same functionality and fire the same caliber.

You're chasing after shadows.

What about ARs makes it bannable? From the last "assault weapons ban" we got retarded garbage about folding stocks and pistol grips. You could have the AR as long as it didn't have BOTH a folding stock and pistol grip. You know how abjectly retarded that is?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #134
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Absolutely.
You do note the innocent folks in the background, don't you?

What happens if you miss (and that's quite likely)?

You've clearly not taken any training in shoot/no-shoot scenarios.

You're at least as much of a danger to the public as the shooter.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #135
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
You do note the innocent folks in the background, don't you?

What happens if you miss (and that's quite likely)?

You've clearly not taken any training in shoot/no-shoot scenarios.

You're at least as much of a danger to the public as the shooter.
He's pointing a gun at human beings and as such is an immediate threat to life and it would be perfectly legal to blow his head off. In the name of saving lives, as all you emotional effeminate lib-males do, you engage in speculation about people in the background and hand-wring about "what ifs" while the guy has a gun in a woman's face and is about to unload. You also intentionally ignore that a defender could take a different position to make it less likely to have a bullet hit others.

You're not that bright, are you?

And you still haven't answered my questions. Do I have to re-paste the post here and rub it into your snout again?

So you're saying if he had that gun to YOUR head, you'd get angry if someone pulled out a weapon to defend your life because your concern is someone in the background? Idiot - those people are looking at the man, and if he had a real gun, they'd be ducking under the tables making it even less likely they'd get hit.

Yet again, you are lying your ass off.

Last edited by nyuk nyuk; 03-26-2013 at 08:30 AM..
Old 03-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #136
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
He's pointing a gun at human beings and as such is an immediate threat to life and it would be perfectly legal to blow his head off. In the name of saving lives, as all you emotional effeminate lib-males do, you engage in speculation about people in the background and hand-wring about "what ifs" while the guy has a gun in a woman's face and is about to unload. You also intentionally ignore that a defender could take a different position to make it less likely to have a bullet hit others.

You're not that bright, are you?

And you still haven't answered my questions. Do I have to re-paste the post here and rub it into your snout again?

So you're saying if he had that gun to YOUR head, you'd get angry if someone pulled out a weapon to defend your life because your concern is someone in the background?

Yet again, you are lying your ass off.
Boy, you have a little snit-fit when your ignorance and false sense of bravado are laid bare to the reading audience.

Like I said, you're as much of a risk to bystanders as the shooter is.

Get yourself some real training, son. There's knowing when not to shoot, you know.

PS - When you went to the theater and took those pics, were you carrying?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:37 AM   #137
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Boy, you have a little snit-fit when your ignorance and false sense of bravado are laid bare to the reading audience.

Like I said, you're as much of a risk to bystanders as the shooter is.

Get yourself some real training, son.

PS - When you went to the theater and took those pics, were you carrying?
I'm still waiting for you to answer the 2 simple questions I asked on the first page of this thread: If you were in those seats with a rifle to your face, would you or would you not wish someone were there to defend you? Now you can't answer the same question with the very imaginary scenario you just invented.

I wonder why. So why not admit that and be honest?

Truth is - you're willing to sacrifice the life of the person with the gun in their face as long as that life isn't YOURS, and that's what your evasive posts have been saying between the lines every page of this thread.

Tell us - just once - what you would do if that gun was in YOUR face in that crowded room. Don't be snarky and say something stupid again like, "Use you as a shield." Would you or would you not wish someone nearby had a gun to pull on the assailant? Yes or no.

Answer the question like a man.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #138
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Clearly, your skills at evasion need work. Your reaction to failing a simple test just shows that you need to put more time and effort into your training. Until you do, please do the rest of us a favor and don't go out carrying. You're putting innocent lives at considerable risk.

PS - If I had an out-of-control semi barreling towards me as I was walking on the sidewalk, it sure would be nice to have Superman there to save me.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #139
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
And there are countless other rifles that aren't ARs but have the same functionality and fire the same caliber.

You're chasing after shadows.

What about ARs makes it bannable? From the last "assault weapons ban" we got retarded garbage about folding stocks and pistol grips. You could have the AR as long as it didn't have BOTH a folding stock and pistol grip. You know how abjectly retarded that is?
You can have any opinion you want on ARs,it doesn't change the fact that they can be constitutionally banned/regulated.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:42 AM   #140
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Clearly, your skills at evasion need work. Your reaction to failing a simple test just shows that you need to put more time and effort into your training. Until you do, please do the rest of us a favor and don't go out carrying. You're putting innocent lives at considerable risk.

PS - If I had an out-of-control semi barreling towards me as I was walking on the sidewalk, it sure would be nice to have Superman there to save me.
So answer --

By accounts of the Aurora PD, the most lethal section of the theater was rows 8 to 12, in which 6 deceased victims were found. Last night I sat in row 11, and from that row I took this photo looking down the stairwell that Holmes ascended while shooting into the seats.

Imagine yourself sitting there that night. Would you have wished at least one person had a defensive weapon in that theater while you were being shot at and trying to hide as you hear those around you screaming in horror and begging for their lives or not? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Next picture. Row 9, a couple seats from the stair Holmes ascended, which according to reports is the exact spot that Jon Blunk was shot to death in. Imagine if it was you there on that floor hiding. Would you feel happy that no "Rambo" was there to try to take out Holmes, or would you wish that someone could have helped you from being shot several times in the back with a rifle?

I think a simple yes or no response to the above question suffices here, also.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:44 AM   #141
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
You can have any opinion you want on ARs,it doesn't change the fact that they can be constitutionally banned/regulated.
So you want things banned you cannot justify them being banned for besides having a scary folding stock and a scary pistol grip.

Even in "mass shootings" according to the Mother Jones Magazine mass shooting study, such weapons were present in under 25% of incidents, causing an average 7.5 injuries and deaths combined PER YEAR for the last 30 years.

And for this you're crapping all over the floor wailing about wanting to ban because media coverage has you scared.

PLEASE get a grip on yourself.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #142
W*GS
Ring of Famer

More nyuk fantasy travelogue baloney.

Please do us all a favor and quit carrying until you get some proper training in shoot/no-shoot scenarios. You're putting the lives of innocents at grave risk with your flawed and dangerous attitude.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #143
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So you want things banned you cannot justify them being banned for besides having a scary folding stock and a scary pistol grip.

Even in "mass shootings" according to the Mother Jones Magazine mass shooting study, such weapons were present in under 25% of incidents, causing an average 7.5 injuries and deaths combined PER YEAR for the last 30 years.

And for this you're crapping all over the floor wailing about wanting to ban because media coverage has you scared.

PLEASE get a grip on yourself.
I personally have no issues with ARs, I wouldn't mind owning one,do I need an AR? No. I'm simply pointing out,that ARs or any version of an AR,can be constitutionally be banned/regulated. A point you're not comprehending.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #144
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:

Please do us all a favor and quit carrying until you get some proper training in shoot/no-shoot scenarios. You're putting the lives of innocents at grave risk with your flawed and dangerous attitude.
She has owned a gun for a few weeks and all of a sudden thinks she is an expert marksman. Lmfao.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #145
nyuk nyuk

Quote:

More evasiveness from the disingenuous peanut gallery. Please send me a photo of you so if I'm ever nearby when someone pulls a gun on you, I'll know to not help you. KTHX

I'm not carrying yet because I don't have a permit yet, which has NOTHING to do with the conversation on this thread and is merely deflective BS.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #146
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
She has owned a gun for a few weeks and all of a sudden thinks she is an expert marksman. Lmfao.
Folks like nyuk do more damage to their own credibility, and to the RKBA, than they can understand.

Too much action movie bull**** that they mistake for reality.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #147
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
I couldn't imagine being so immature and embittered that I feel the psychological need to put words in other peoples' mouths, words I know for a fact they never uttered.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #148
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Folks like nyuk do more damage to their own credibility, and to the RKBA, than they can understand.

Too much action movie bull**** that they mistake for reality.
I also like how she thinks that her being in an empty theater taking pics from her cell phone replicates the craziness that ensued at the Batman movie Holmes decided to crash.

She doesn't even have her conceal and carry permit yet, but thinks she has the ability to defend OTHERS if the opportunity presented itself.

Such arrogance.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:58 AM   #149
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
More evasiveness from the disingenuous peanut gallery. Please send me a photo of you so if I'm ever nearby when someone pulls a gun on you, I'll know to not help you. KTHX
I'd rather you not be anywhere near anyone with your gun. Please make sure any damage you do is purely self-inflicted.

As for the pic:

Old 03-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #150
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I also like how she thinks that her being in an empty theater taking pics from her cell phone replicates the craziness that ensued at the Batman movie Holmes decided to crash.

She doesn't even have her conceal and carry permit yet, but thinks she has the ability to defend OTHERS if the opportunity presented itself.

Such arrogance.
Such dangerousness.