The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #76
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
You only mocked him enough that I had to find a place to shed a tear in private before I could face the world again.

There was one Saint fan was wasted and a lot of fun.
I believe that was the tailgate that Dipso (Rocket7 now) brought some home, New Mexico flavored, chilis that made me go fetal style and had to get a ride from someone to go get me pepto bismo. If not, it was in that same lot as I tried to hide behind the bus. That **** ****ed me up good.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:03 AM   #77
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
They won't release the dates of the games until a week or two before the draft. . . I believe April 16th. Starting in late-April and early-May I will be applying for a lot of positions out in Colorado because I would like to move back there and make a go of it. I just hope his parents renewed their season ticket thing this year or I'll be disappointed.
My seats are near your friend's seats but why on God's green Earth would they not renew? I am trying to move up but I figure fat chance as I am already in good seats and those with better seats probably have had them longer than my 18 years of existence with season seats.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #78
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
My seats are near your friend's seats but why on God's green Earth would they not renew? I am trying to move up but I figure fat chance as I am already in good seats and those with better seats probably have had them longer than my 18 years of existence with season seats.
Well, I have no idea. They didn't even live in Colorado the past decade (which is how I met my friend when he moved to Dakota) -- so they have always sold them off to friends or family back in Colorado. I think they may have moved back there since both his parents are retired now. We will have to see. I thought those were really good seats. I had no idea you were a season ticket holder.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #79
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Ah the good ole days. I guess it was just a window in time that was right. Good to see you and dumpy bust out the orange tuxedos though. Other than that the playoff tailgate kinds felt like a funeral.
just the right point in time...hell i cant even remember being at some of those games
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #80
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Survivor, and the games that were played behind the scenes. But it involved offsite discussion bulletin boards, fake PM's, hotrod, and lots and lots of anger.

You can make someone so angry they get a bloody nose in their sleep that soaks through their new cotton under shirt.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #81
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
I havent been here in a while because well, this place blows goats and Bronco fans ...suck in general but Hogan is alive and well. We talk all the time on facebook. Same with Sassy and I even keep up to date with Taco on facebook.

This place died a long time ago. I only came here today because I saw Casey Conklin posted a picture of his new set up on facebook and he had the orangemane up. I had forgotten about you ...losers.

But the single best memory I have of this cesspool was when it wasn't a cesspool. Mock started a thread and put up pictures of what he thought of some of the most prominent orangemane posters and it is still the best single thread ever started here.

This would be for only the oldest posters here. Those that were in here 2001 an 2002, and most of them have left for better places to discuss football with more intelligent douches than the majority of you ....

Peace ..., I'm out.
Maybe you only liked the OM on METH.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #82
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
I havent been here in a while because well, this place blows goats and Bronco fans ...suck in general but Hogan is alive and well. We talk all the time on facebook. Same with Sassy and I even keep up to date with Taco on facebook.

This place died a long time ago. I only came here today because I saw Casey Conklin posted a picture of his new set up on facebook and he had the orangemane up. I had forgotten about you ...losers.

But the single best memory I have of this cesspool was when it wasn't a cesspool. Mock started a thread and put up pictures of what he thought of some of the most prominent orangemane posters and it is still the best single thread ever started here.

This would be for only the oldest posters here. Those that were in here 2001 an 2002, and most of them have left for better places to discuss football with more intelligent douches than the majority of you ....

Peace ..., I'm out.
I thought you were still in charge of the Pickem League in the toolbar at the top of the page. That was almost as fun as the Orange Mane bracket league you and Pez created.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #83
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

It must've been around in some time early 2001? I was on the old 810whb boards at the time (R.I.P.) back in the halcyon days of the Broncos/chefs rivalry Taco John informed me that he was starting his own Broncos message board. The old 810 boards were predominantly populated by chefs fans being that WHB 810 is a local radio station in Kansas City. Needless to say I was thrilled at the prospect of being a member of a board where Bronco fans would be the majority.

Too many memories to pick just one but there are a couple that stand out. KC RuPaula following me from the old 810 boards to troll Bronco fans only to find out that he was clearly out of his element. KC Stud claiming that Joe Flacco was not a franchise quarterback, Brody Croyle was better alternative. The inane ramblings of ZackKC or the anal retentive content police.

Believe it or not at one time this place was a symbiotic community. All for one and one for all yada yada yada. Unfortunately over the years like anything else decay and malaise set in. Such as lowering the admission standards with members actually seeking and participating in Bronco fan on Bronco fan bashing with no semblance of loyalty or comradery. It used to be us against the world but instead it is turned into a scorched-earth circle jerk collateral damage be damned.

Maybe I've spend too much time behind enemy lines but I don't care about your political views where you work what you drive how much you make or what brand of coffee creamer use. All I care about is that at 11 AM Mountain standard Time your blood pressure slightly elevated, the hairs on the back you neck are standing on end and there's only one thing on your mind. Domination.

Go America! Go Broncos!

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #84
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

The gay adoption thread where I destroyed wags.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #85
vancejohnson82
Shabby

Adopt-a-Bronco:
All 8 Points

The summer of domenik hixon updates
vancejohnson82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:59 AM   #86
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I was going to say this, but specifically Rev's answer which was the first reply. Probably the best post of the entire thread.
And Rev follows it up a few posts later with this gem:

"A relationship should be based on mutual respect, not by being Captain Save-A-Ho."
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:51 AM   #87
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I thought you were still in charge of the Pickem League in the toolbar at the top of the page. That was almost as fun as the Orange Mane bracket league you and Pez created.
It was good but the bug that never was fixed that you can change your morning picks based on how the game was going got pretty tiring. Well, just from go_broncos as he cheated his way to first place and then tried to tell us about some 14 point underdog was his "pick 'em" to win that game straight up. When you have to cheat (and lie) on a friendly game of "Pick 'em", you have issues.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #88
TheManeMan
Ring of Famer

Slap vs Gonzo and Slap vs Mock...some of the funniest things i've read on the net...

Also, I miss the orange mane mock draft I used to run...

I normally just lurk for news and rumors now...wabbit had the best inside scoop...does he still come around?
TheManeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #89
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Survivor, and the games that were played behind the scenes. But it involved offsite discussion bulletin boards, fake PM's, hotrod, and lots and lots of anger.

You can make someone so angry they get a bloody nose in their sleep that soaks through their new cotton under shirt.
That was definitely one of MY favorite OM memories. We got WAY too involved with it that year.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #90
crawdad
IL Oldest Bronco Maniac

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
That was good.

Elway HOF tailgate was epic. Multi day party. Grill only sat idle for a few hours per night otherwise it was pounding out food 18 hrs a day. Beer wasn't even available within a few mile radius of the tailgate as Broncos fans were buying it all up!

Ah the good ole days. I guess it was just a window in time that was right. Good to see you and dumpy bust out the orange tuxedos though. Other than that the playoff tailgate kinds felt like a funeral.
Yep, you can say that again! Here is Bum with fresh deep fried turkey!
Attached Images

crawdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #91
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
It must've been around in some time early 2001? I was on the old 810whb boards at the time (R.I.P.) back in the halcyon days of the Broncos/chefs rivalry Taco John informed me that he was starting his own Broncos message board. The old 810 boards were predominantly populated by chefs fans being that WHB 810 is a local radio station in Kansas City. Needless to say I was thrilled at the prospect of being a member of a board where Bronco fans would be the majority.

Too many memories to pick just one but there are a couple that stand out. KC RuPaula following me from the old 810 boards to troll Bronco fans only to find out that he was clearly out of his element. KC Stud claiming that Joe Flacco was not a franchise quarterback, Brody Croyle was better alternative. The inane ramblings of ZackKC or the anal retentive content police.

Believe it or not at one time this place was a symbiotic community. All for one and one for all yada yada yada. Unfortunately over the years like anything else decay and malaise set in. Such as lowering the admission standards with members actually seeking and participating in Bronco fan on Bronco fan bashing with no semblance of loyalty or comradery. It used to be us against the world but instead it is turned into a scorched-earth circle jerk collateral damage be damned.

Maybe I've spend too much time behind enemy lines but I don't care about your political views where you work what you drive how much you make or what brand of coffee creamer use. All I care about is that at 11 AM Mountain standard Time your blood pressure slightly elevated, the hairs on the back you neck are standing on end and there's only one thing on your mind. Domination.

Go America! Go Broncos!

good post. I came to Omane with Alec when we both posted on the ESPN message boards. Over on those boards you either knew how to post aggressively and with some knowledge, or you'd get eaten alive by other posters who were only there to argue and cause general mayhem. This place was a friggen oasis compared to that stank.

Now, Omane has kindof morphed into a place similar to the ESPN message boards, a whole lotta crap slinging as opposed to fans really talking about the team and football. I guess I'm a creature of habit so I've stayed on, even during the really bad times where some supposed fans of this team who posted here started feeding on the flesh of other fans due to their own bitter little world being uprooted with a new coach.

Now that the Broncos are on the right track, there is still the left over element of the crappy posters who bring little to nothing of substance to this board. They are just here to fling poop. So be it. But this board will never be as good as it was in the early 2000's. It's lost its mojo IMHO. Even with Peyton Manning AND JOHN ELWAY on this team, there's still way, way, way too much angst.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #92
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad View Post
Well, I have to say the HOF weekend in 2004 was a great time. Met Taco, CBF1, Meck, Bum, TomG, and numerous others for the first time. What a wild weekend! Also got to meet Gradishar and Billy Thompson. Got within a few feet of the Duke!
I agree, that was a great weekend. I sat with Springstein and a few other maners at that game. Got to meet a ton a good OMers including you IIRC...

Training camp in 2005 I think when Kaylore, Socal, and Montrose and I went to camp together and then out to Dinner was the best Memory though.

The worst was getting TIX for Meck and his girl for the 2005 Playoof (yes, Playoof) game in INDY on the 50 yard line when Reggie Wayne burnt Roc Alexander all game long. The only thing worse than that loss, was being there....
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:04 PM   #93
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post

Some bonds never break, and some wounds never heal

That was the Pinnacle of survivior and the Zombie one was probably the best one for me. I am still not sure if DB4Life has ever forgiven me over that game....

Also, as TheRev said, we got way too involved in that game that year. It has never been the same since....
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:28 PM   #94
AK Broncomaniac
100% Raider Hater

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
My favorite memory was probably Elway's HOF weekend. That was a ton of fun. If you've never been to the HOF, plan on going sometime. It's an unforgettable experience.

I would definitely have to agree with TJ, MissingNumber7, and Crawdad! The Elway HOF weekend in 2004 was an incredible experience! Thanks Crawdad for sponsoring our group!
AK Broncomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #95
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I swear that I can smell the alcohol from Alec's rants.
I smell meth on top of it.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #96
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
BroncoWarrior. That douche...

Im fairly sure he has deleted most of his posts and threads...Jesus that dude was stupid. But his 80's buttrock aura lives on.

He is on Facebook.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #97
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Bike for Sam

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=54609

Survivor VI
http:// orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78110

Rev and a Lobster

http://orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85895
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #98
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Peace ..., I'm out.
I don't know how I am seeing this thread and post for the first time, but stay around!
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #99
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
Name the Bronco..
Doesn't look like it but Dwayne Carswell? I know he made it on the bus once or twice and I sure as hell remember her!
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #100
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Nate Jackson wore #89 from 2005-2006....looks like his autograph.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote