The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #11
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Like I said, I don't like players with questionable work habits in the 1st. That's my big question with him. His upper body testing is downright pathetic for a DL. That speaks to lack of effort in the weight room. I don't want to roll the dice on a guy like that in the 1st and just assume that JDR will be able to light a fire under him. Elam, on the other hand, is a leader and hard worker who makes plays all over the field. I don't think there's much chance of him being a bust. He's a safer pick IMO and he also has upside. I know you don't like him much. That's fine. Agree to disagree.
For us it isn't just about JDR motivating him though. Its as simple as asking Miller his opinion, as the emergent leader of this team over the next 10 years.

If Miller, who knows him as well as anyone out there, says he can be motivated and/or that Miller himself will personally motivate him what more needs to be said? Unlike every other team in the NFL we have a pro-bowl caliber pass rusher who has already 1. been outspoken about Moore's pass rush skills 2. knows him very well personally, and 3. has taken an increasingly larger leadership role in this franchise.

You could make a strong argument that drafting Moore and letting Miller give him the "come to Jesus" talk is the next step the team should be asking Miller to make. He's already proven himself to be Superman on the field, this is the chance for him to be a leader in the locker room, the weight room, and off the field.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote