The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #76
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I was under the impression rep bombing was bannable...
Eh - nyuk is hardly at the "bombing" stage.

He's just a stinking hypocrite. But we all knew that already.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #77
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I was under the impression rep bombing was bannable...
I wouldn't say 4 neg reps for hostile, abusive posts is a bomb.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #78
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Eh - nyuk is hardly at the "bombing" stage.
That's right - I don't neg bomb people.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #79
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Go on...
Which came first?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #80
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
That's right - I don't neg bomb people.
Yeah, right.

You're a pathetic pile - and I apologize to pathetic piles for comparing you to them.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #81
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Um, my experience with guns > yours. Regardless if it is used for sport and that I am in a rural setting. Do you really think knowledge of guns and how to use them is determined by where one lives? The way I fire a pistol here is the same as I'd fire it for self-defense if I lived in the city. Good grief. I am sorry that you are new to the firearms game.
I'm sorry, how you fire a gun has what to do with this thread?
Old 03-24-2013, 06:28 PM   #82
Meck77

Req my question was for you not nyuk.

Would YOU rather be armed if you found yourself in a mass shooting situation or not. Simple question. Yes or No.
Meck77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #83
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I'm sorry, how you fire a gun has what to do with this thread?
Flew over your head, huh? You were the one trying to downplay my experience with guns because I primarily use them for sport or have used them in a rural setting. Which makes absolutely no sense. Where and how I have used a weapon matters how? Numerous times you have tried to say I don't have a dog in the fight because I don't: (A) Live in a big city or (B) Have a family of my own to protect.

Pretty sure that the latter also applies to you, so who are you to use that crapline on others? I stand by my point that even if I lived in a big city, I wouldn't feel the need to get a conceal and carry permit or have one on my person in order for personal protection or to feel safe.

Regardless, I'll take my experience shooting a wide variety of weapons over my life and my ability to adequately handle different firearms within reason over someone like yourself who recently got her new shiny toy in order to "feel safe."
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #84
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post

Would YOU rather be armed if you found yourself in a mass shooting situation or not. Simple question. Yes or No.
Crickets yet again, apparently. Amazing how these liberals can't answer a simple yes or no question.

We know what the answer would be, and they won't admit it.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #85
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:

You mean in a situation like the Aurora Theater where mass panic ensued and the ability to actually take out Holmes was virtually non-existent? Or something completely different? Even more chaotic?

It is one thing for me to take firearms training classes, shoot a buck or pheasant and go pistol shootin' with the boys for enjoyment. It takes a whole other type of mindset or mentality to actually think that I -- as an armed citizen, would effectively be able to stop some absolute terror of a human being Hell bent for leather trying to wipe people out because they have a screw loose. Especially if they were decked out in crazy armor like Holmes was.

Would I like to be armed if I was in a situation like that? Sure. To protect others and those I am with. I'd rather have a fighting chance to survive than go down without a fight.

However. . . do I think I actually would have a good shot at getting the situation to unravel the way I would want it to. . . i.e. the maniacal shooter being dead? Probably not. And that isn't a lack of confidence in my ability to shoot a weapon, it is honest assessment coming from lack of experience that a solider or someone like a police officer would have dealing with exchanging fire on targets/suspects. Never been in crossfire before, been shot at or had to shoot at another human being. Just because I'm trained with a gun and have one in that situation doesn't mean I am going to succeed in ending a killing spree.

How often has an average Joe citizen stopped a killer in any mass shooting event? Like. . . ever?

I can point to numerous examples where people who were ex-Law Enforcement or ex-Military had the knowledge and experience to stop someone, but I can't think of many unsung, regular Joe hero's who have effectively stopped a mass shooting rampage. In fact, members of law enforcement highly discourage civilians ever getting into the mix of things because they could do more harm than good.

I imagine that if 5-10 people (who had guns) were in the Aurora Theater when Holmes went nuts, more innocent people would have died because people would have panicked or incorrectly assessed the situation. Then again, just my thoughts.

If you don't like my answer, that is fine. But at least I am being honest.

Last edited by Requiem; 03-24-2013 at 07:56 PM..
Old 03-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #86
Meck77

Quote:

Would I like to be armed if I was in a situation like that. Sure. .
That's what I thought. Same with Obama. My best friend protects him daily. They are loaded with guns but the aholes in DC don't want you to have a gun.

I would rather you have a chance to protect yourself, your grandmother, or another innocent child in a situation like Aurora or any other situation also. Req you hear what the media wants you to hear. Plenty of people pull out guns and stop crimes all the ****ing time. A rancher neighbor of mine did. Did it make CNN? No because there was no blood and guts to report. The media loves body counts.

Wake the hell up kid.

Last edited by Meck77; 03-24-2013 at 08:00 PM..
Old 03-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #87
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Same with Obama. My best friend protects him daily.
Gross
Old 03-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #88
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
That's what I thought. Same with Obama. My best friend protects him daily. They are loaded with guns but the aholes in DC don't want you to have a gun.

I would rather you have a chance to protect yourself, your grandmother, or another innocent child in a situation like Aurora or any other situation also. Req you hear what the media wants you to hear. Plenty of people pull out guns and stop crimes all the ****ing time. A rancher neighbor of mine did. Did it make CNN? No because there was no blood and guts to report. The media loves body counts.

Wake the hell up kid.
I live in Dakota. Having legal access to quality weaponry will never be a problem and I see no legislation at the federal level that is ever going to hurt my ability to obtain something in order to enjoy for sport or personal protection while I am here. Let me know when the day comes that all guns are banned. Then your "They took our guns!" rant might actually have some validity. As of right now, here on Earth, it doesn't.

And BTW, I don't watch the mainstream media. Haven't had cable since Hurricane Katrina.

I asked, when, if ever, has a regular Joe citizen stop a mass shooting when it was taken place?

I did not ask if someone's ability to wield a weapon deterred someone who was going to engage in a criminal activity from doing so. (Like someone going into your house and trying to rob you, but you pull out a boss 22 and say get the **** off my lawn and the **** their pants and run away.)

And my grandma's are both dead. Jesus protects them now with unlimited heaven ammunition by angels.

Last edited by Requiem; 03-24-2013 at 08:04 PM..
Old 03-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #89
nyuk nyuk

So Req, you don't mind the vague definition of "assault weapon" which is clearly a term used by media and politicians to inflame the public into a state of mass hysteria ready to ban things with very vague definitions?

How do you feel about ATF form 4473?
Old 03-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #90
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
So Req, you don't mind the vague definition of "assault weapon" which is clearly a term used by media and politicians to inflame the public into a state of mass hysteria ready to ban things with very vague definitions?

How do you feel about ATF form 4473?
Most people in the media, politicians and John Q. Public don't actually know what "assault weapons" are or how to adequately classify firearms.

And what about the form? Don't go down conspiracy road here!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #91
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Most people in the media, politicians and John Q. Public don't actually know what "assault weapons" are or how to adequately classify firearms.

And what about the form? Don't go down conspiracy road here!
Look up the form. There is no conspiracizing. It's online. Go look and consider the information they want, why they want it, and how it can be abused.

There is a vague definition because there is no such thing. The definition has been morphed over the years from fully automatic combat rifles to something much, much less. We're now being told that semiautomatic rifles that can fire ~60 rounds per minute are assault rifles in spite of that actual military assault weapons can fire upwards of 6,000 rounds per minute.

The guns these illiterates are labeling assault weapons are half-assed peashooters in comparison to the real thing.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #92
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Look up the form. There is no conspiracizing. It's online. Go look and consider the information they want, why they want it, and how it can be abused.
Scared about the fingerprinting thing? State requirement. Not all states require it when purchasing a firearm.

Like I said: conspiracy.

Not gonna worry about it.

I'm sure when I die at a young age, people will still have guns.

Hundreds of years from now, people will still have guns.

Though, at some point in time. . . America won't exist.

C'est la vie.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:29 PM   #93
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Scared about the fingerprinting thing? State requirement.
Jesus Christ. ATF form 4473 has nothing to do with fingerprinting. Go look it up or kindly stop commenting.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #94
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Jesus Christ. ATF form 4473 has nothing to do with fingerprinting. Go look it up or kindly stop commenting.
Don't know if I really care to have a conversation about gun rights with someone who just recently purchased one because they went hysteric and wanted to feel better about themselves.

And yes, I looked at the form. Should I be worried about questions in Section 11?

Don't have anything to worry about with those questions!

Carry on, Wayward Son.

It is time for me to Skype!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:33 AM   #95
Meck77

Look what the liberals in NY are doing now. Nothing short of how the Soviet Union did it. Communist.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...pline/2007603/
Old 03-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #96
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

$500 cash prize if you turn someone in for having an illegal firearm. People would never have to work ever again!
Old 03-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #97
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Look what the liberals in NY are doing now. Nothing short of how the Soviet Union did it. Communist.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...pline/2007603/
People up in other people's business because of a perceived broken law? OH THE MUTHA****ING HORROR!!

George Zimmerman and neighborhood watch groups all over this great nation are gasping in terror from such oppression.

I guess it's only okay to profile when it serves your own interests?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #98
Meck77

Quote:
$500 cash prize if you turn someone in for having an illegal firearm. People would never have to work ever again!
Make your jokes but this is a perfect example of how the second amendment is being threatened more and more each day.

Just how the hell is someone suppose to know if someone else has a legal gun or not?

If someone suspects illegal activity everyone in America has the option to call the police. Being paid to call the police=communist the core. You stated once your family has Ukranian roots. If so they you should know how the KGB/communists divided villages/people with tactics EXACTLY like this.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #99
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Make your jokes but this is a perfect example of how the second amendment is being threatened more and more each day.
While on the other hand, where I am from, teachers are now allowed to have firearms in the classroom.

I don't get how the link you posted is exactly going to fly, but are people allowed to have "illegal" firearms?

Quote:
Just how the hell is someone suppose to know if someone else has a legal gun or not?
Not entirely sure, but if this extends to weapons that are already banned it is pretty easy to figure out.

Quote:
You stated once your family has Ukranian roots. If so they you should know how the KGB/communists divided villages/people with tactics EXACTLY like this.
They left before the Bolsheviks ever got power in Russia in 1917 and for completely different reasons.

Last edited by Requiem; 03-25-2013 at 08:15 AM..
Old 03-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #100
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Wrong. You've never been there. Come visit.

LMAO So when this place plays a movie, they keep the house lights up and dim the screen eh?

Jesus you are a moron. Do you not realize that the lighting conditions at work before and after the movie are nothing like the lighting conditions DURING the movie? Do you not understand the basic biology in play of being in a darkened room staring at a bright light source?

Your "point" has been ripped to shreds kid. Your pictures are pointless and the fact that you don't even grasp the difference between the lighting conditions during and before/after a movie in playing speaks volumes about just how incapable of basic reasoning you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuky
I understand your continuing anger over your inappropriate references to magazines, however as I said, please at least try to keep it on the right thread. Same with this other silly comment.
LMAO No on here is angry but you. Most people would be angry too if they were shown to be a complete moron over and over again like you have been.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote