The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #376
swaiy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Refer to firearms with terms out of a shoot em up movie and you'll be looked at accordingly. There are plenty of legitimate uses for such magazines, but unfortunately when you've never owned guns and don't understand them, you have difficulty imagining it.

Either way, I'm sick of seeing people who use such ignorant language opening their yapper and trying to bark orders at people.
The irony of that post. Tired of seeing people barkin orders. Almost like the one you posted to me. I asked an honest question about the uses of a magazine like that for civilian use. I was born and raise in the military and I've heard plenty of people refer to it as a clip.

Anyway. I'm not trying to continue this pissing contest over something so ridiculous as me asking about the usages to educate myself.

Have fun with that.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #377
nyuk nyuk

If that's the case, you should already have a grasp on the legitimate civilian uses of large capacity magazines.

For one, with at least pistols, people with larger hands need an extension of the grip and they often purchase a grip extender - now illegal - for that purpose.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #378
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

3-5?based on what evidence.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #379
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
3-5?based on what evidence.
I meant 2-5 but, regardless practically every news report I've read or watched here of late mentioning a home invasion has multiple perps, which is the point.....

From a report -

Home invasion differs from burglary in having a violent intent, specific or general, much the same way as aggravated robbery—personally taking from someone by force—is differentiated from mere larceny (theft alone). As the term becomes more frequently used, particularly by the media, "home invasion" is evolving to identify a particular class of crime that involves multiple perpetrators (two or more); forced entry into a home

I doubt they keep official stats like that and the FBI considers a burglary/break-ins as home invasions.....and of course since the perps are always charged with burglary, rape, murder, assault, etc....it also makes it hard to track, which probably skews the actual numbers, but I can assure you that they're not being done by lone wolfs

Last edited by errand; 03-24-2013 at 05:24 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #380
nyuk nyuk

The point of a home invasion is to overwhelm by numbers. It's a show of force to cower people to break down resistance.