The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #51
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,951

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Odd that every magazine I've ever bought the word "clip" doesn't appear anywhere on the packaging.

Care to respond to the topic of this thread or just drag your resentment over another thread over here and whine?
Resentment over you showing your utter stupidity to the whole forum? Why would I have resentment about that? It's god damn hilarious is what it is!

Did you know folks, we didn't allow citizenship to anyone but white ango saxon protestants until after 1960!

ROFL
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #52
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,492

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Wow! He really is the drama llama, isn't he.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #53
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,951

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

It's pretty funny all the idiots who don't understand the difference between being in a dark room looking AT a bright light source is not the same as being in a dark room with a bright light source BEHIND you.

The Aurora shooter could easily see the crown, they were illuminated for him. The crowd could not, they were night blind from staring at a bright light source.

Idiotic pictures of a semi-darkened threatre without the projection system running are just that, idiotic. They in no way represent the conditions the victims faced.

It's not like this is an uncommon experience. Go to a damn theater. Then, while the movie is playing, look around and see how piss poor your vision is.

Then, for the full effect, bring some pepper spray and give yourself a dose and see how good your vision is while night blind and tearing up profusely.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #54
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,438

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
It's amazing how this thread is making the anti-gun crowd veer so far off topic they're either slinging mud like angry children who had the bottle taken away or are harping on typos or other irrelevancies to avoid addressing points.

ASStounding!


You've accurately described yourself and the irony sailed right over your head!!

DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #55
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,649
Default

Next movie I go to I'm packing this. See minutes 2:50 for what it will do to wack jobs.

Meck77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #56
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

I like how nyuk nyuk thinks she actually could have took down Holmes.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #57
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I like how nyuk nyuk thinks she actually could have took down Holmes.
So given the chance you would rather die not trying then actually fighting back?

Come on req..You can't be that gutless dude.

I can tell you that holmes type chicken **** wouldn't fly in AZ anymore. People packing everywhere there.

Colorado is becoming a safe haven for illegals and criminals now.

Last edited by Meck77; 03-24-2013 at 01:51 PM..
Meck77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #58
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
So given the chance you would rather die not trying then actually fighting back?

Come on req..You can't be that gutless dude.

I can tell you that holmes type chicken **** wouldn't fly in AZ anymore. People packing everywhere there.

Colorado is becoming a safe haven for illegals and criminals now.
There is a difference between having a will to stop the guy and actually being able to do it. My guess is that nyuk's experience in such a scenario is 0. Just because she got a new shiny gun and took a few gun safety courses doesn't mean she is a good marksman or knows what the **** she would be doing. Especially in a theater packed with people, the way the atmosphere was, etc.

Now, would someone who was 11B, went Airborne Ranger and spent time in Special Ops be able to make a difference if in that place? Quite possibly. Nyuk? **** no.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #59
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Resentment over you showing your utter stupidity to the whole forum? Why would I have resentment about that? It's god damn hilarious is what it is!

Did you know folks, we didn't allow citizenship to anyone but white ango saxon protestants until after 1960!

ROFL
I understand your continuing anger over your inappropriate references to magazines, however as I said, please at least try to keep it on the right thread. Same with this other silly comment.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #60
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I like how nyuk nyuk thinks she actually could have took down Holmes.
I never said such a thing and yet certain people with personal hostility against me on this forum continue to make claims that I did.

I take this as meaning you have no argument.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #61
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
So given the chance you would rather die not trying then actually fighting back?
No, rather Req is unsurprisingly against the idea of self-defense carrying even while he like the others here cannot answer my post about the theater. Why don't they answer? We know what they're really thinking - If I was in there, I'd want someone else there with a gun to give me a chance to live another day.

And they aren't man enough to admit it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:16 PM   #62
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
There is a difference between having a will to stop the guy and actually being able to do it. My guess is that nyuk's experience in such a scenario is 0. Just because she got a new shiny gun and took a few gun safety courses doesn't mean she is a good marksman or knows what the **** she would be doing. Especially in a theater packed with people, the way the atmosphere was, etc.

Now, would someone who was 11B, went Airborne Ranger and spent time in Special Ops be able to make a difference if in that place? Quite possibly. Nyuk? **** no.
Next time in Colorado, go visit the theater. Your comments are purely speculative; we'll never know whether or not someone in there may have been able to help because nobody was armed. Don't try to make it about ME, I never did.

Make a visit: Century Aurora Theater, 14300 East Alameda Avenue, Aurora, Colorado. Whatever is playing in XD is theater 9. Buy a ticket.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #63
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
No, rather Req is unsurprisingly against the idea of self-defense carrying even while he like the others here cannot answer my post about the theater. Why don't they answer? We know what they're really thinking - If I was in there, I'd want someone else there with a gun to give me a chance to live another day.

And they aren't man enough to admit it.
I have no reason to have a conceal in carry. I'm not paranoid nor do I feel threatened where I go.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #64
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Next time in Colorado, go visit the theater. Your comments are purely speculative; we'll never know whether or not someone in there may have been able to help because nobody was armed. Don't try to make it about ME, I never did.

Make a visit: Century Aurora Theater, 14300 East Alameda Avenue, Aurora, Colorado. Whatever is playing in XD is theater 9. Buy a ticket.
No thanks. Congratulations on being junior detective of the OM and actually taking the time to post pictures from the theater to try and pump your arguments up on here. GOOD WORK.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #65
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
The Aurora shooter could easily see the crown, they were illuminated for him. The crowd could not, they were night blind from staring at a bright light source.
Wrong. You've never been there. Come visit.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:24 PM   #66
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
No thanks. Congratulations on being junior detective of the OM and actually taking the time to post pictures from the theater to try and pump your arguments up on here. GOOD WORK.
Apparently so, nobody can respond to a couple simple yes or no questions.

That didn't take much effort at all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #67
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I have no reason to have a conceal in carry. I'm not paranoid nor do I feel threatened where I go.
You live in the middle of nowhere. Secondly, if you didn't suffer from paranoia, you wouldn't want magazines banned over one a-hole with orange hair.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #68
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Apparently so, nobody can respond to a couple simple yes or no questions.

That didn't take much effort at all.
I don't think anybody feels the need to justify themselves to you.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #69
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
You live in the middle of nowhere. Secondly, if you didn't suffer from paranoia, you wouldn't want magazines banned over one a-hole with orange hair.
I've lived in bigger cities, smaller cities and the middle of nowhere. I've walked alone in Seattle, Portland, Denver, Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Kansas City, etc. and never felt the need to have a firearm on me for personal protection.

If you would have read my conversation with Tombstone RJ, I already said that the magazine ban / size limit legislation didn't address the problem.

This is like the 10th time you've tried to say I can't have an opinion on the matter because of where I live or that I don't have a family of my own. Despite the fact that you probably don't have a family to protect (would seriously doubt you have a husband and kids).

I grew up in a family of hunters, have step-brothers who own one of the most successful hunting/fishing guide services in the country. I'm willing to wager I have fired off more guns in a week out with the boys than you have in your entire life.

But it's really cool that you put a gun on your XXXL sized Manning jersey. So manly.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #70
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I've lived in bigger cities, smaller cities and the middle of nowhere. I've walked alone in Seattle, Portland, Denver, Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Kansas City, etc. and never felt the need to have a firearm on me for personal protection.

If you would have read my conversation with Tombstone RJ, I already said that the magazine ban / size limit legislation didn't address the problem.

This is like the 10th time you've tried to say I can't have an opinion on the matter because of where I live or that I don't have a family of my own. Despite the fact that you probably don't have a family to protect (would seriously doubt you have a husband and kids).

I grew up in a family of hunters, have step-brothers who own one of the most successful hunting/fishing guide services in the country. I'm willing to wager I have fired off more guns in a week out with the boys than you have in your entire life.

But it's really cool that you put a gun on your XXXL sized Manning jersey. So manly.
Yet again another with no response to the topic of this thread pulls out a longwinded childish retort of the like I haven't seen since the 7th grade. It's not quite mating season, Mr. Peacock, you can hold of on your mating season strut for now.

As I said - not everyone has your experience nor you theirs. You don't presume to speak for others any more than I do. Liberals such as yourself, hoewver, enjoy trying to forcefeed their one size fits all feel-good solutions.

The problem with your argument - admittedly so - is that your experience with guns is rural and sporting in nature and your only experience in larger cities is in taking little walks, not living there year after year after year. It also depends on what sections of larger cities as well. If I have a nice little enclave home, I don't take it upon myself to dictate to others.

At least you're willing to admit magazine bans won't do any good, which is more than I can say for most libtards.

Last edited by nyuk nyuk; 03-24-2013 at 03:17 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #71
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I don't think anybody feels the need to justify themselves to you.
Debate isn't asking for one to justify themselves. If you can't answer a point, then at least concede so like an adult rather than behaving like an overgrown child in extended adolescence and throwing toys around the room and calling names like your feelers are hurt.

And btw, if you ever make it out to Century Aurora, don't buy the small soda unless you want to be gouged $4 for a miniature cup

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #72
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

After 3 - count em 3!! - intense pages of hawt debate, the liberal position on defense weapons can be summarized thusly:

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:36 PM   #73
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
[...]certain people with personal hostility against me on this forum[...]
Go on...
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-03-24 at 4.33.15 PM.png (49.3 KB, 17 views)
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #74
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,325

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
The problem with your argument - admittedly so - is that your experience with guns is rural and sporting in nature and your only experience in larger cities is in taking little walks, not living there year after year after year. It also depends on what sections of larger cities as well. If I have a nice little enclave home, I don't take it upon myself to dictate to others.
Um, my experience with guns > yours. Regardless if it is used for sport and that I am in a rural setting. Do you really think knowledge of guns and how to use them is determined by where one lives? The way I fire a pistol here is the same as I'd fire it for self-defense if I lived in the city. Good grief. I am sorry that you are new to the firearms game.

Quote:
At least you're willing to admit magazine bans won't do any good, which is more than I can say for most libtards.
Libtards? And you accuse others of acting like kids.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #75
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Go on...
I was under the impression rep bombing was bannable...
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:54 PM.


Denver Broncos