The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2013, 07:33 AM   #26
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Of course and I admit it is theoretical. I just cannot shake the feeling that a concealed carrier in there (or better yet more than one) could have done SOMETHING to help these folks.
Obviously you spend a lot of time at the movies.

That's your problem.

Hint: Movies aren't reality.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #27
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I can't shake the feeling that had there been a concealed carrier more would have died & been injured in the crossfire.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #28
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Liberals are crazy if you think someone couldn't shoot a gunman in a theater because its dark. You can see people. If some fool was standing over you with a gun you could see well enough to shoot him.

Might have to wait for your shot but you could get one.
I carry a Ruger LCP 380. with a crimson laser sight and it would be highly visible across a dark theater, just put the red dot on the target. It's also palm size and can be carried in a rear pocket, it looks like a wallet.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #29
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
I carry a Ruger LCP 380. with a crimson laser sight and it would be highly visible across a dark theater, just put the red dot on the target. It's also palm size and can be carried in a rear pocket, it looks like a wallet.
Nice.

Would rather be sitting by you pulling our your 380 then some p***Y pulling his cell phone out crying for help.

It really is interesting seeing the media/government brainwashing working on some of these people on this forum.
Meck77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:28 AM   #30
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsRule View Post
I hope you don't have family.
And who would you be that you felt the need to come here and make a snide personal attack? I certainly don't know you.

I take it you have nothing to contribute to the thread.

You must be a liberal.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #31
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
1) The theater isn't that dark, I've been in there multiple times, and

2) I bought a Crimson Trace for my .357 mag because of my visits to that theater. Those things help a ton in aiming, especially longer distances.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #32
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I can't shake the feeling that had there been a concealed carrier more would have died & been injured in the crossfire.
Great, so you can respond to this post of mine from page 1 ---

In order to help illustrate to clowns like yourself who enjoy armchair quarterbacking from your Lazyboys while you munch your bonbons who have never been there but think they know a damned thing, I took a couple pictures while I was there to illustrate to people such as yourself what it's like being in there and imagining James Holmes ascending that staircase and pointing a rifle in your face. Perhaps you'll find these two photos a little instructive and you'll admit if you were there that night you'd wish someone was there with a gun to help you.

By accounts of the Aurora PD, the most lethal section of the theater was rows 8 to 12, in which 6 deceased victims were found. Last night I sat in row 11, and from that row I took this photo looking down the stairwell that Holmes ascended while shooting into the seats.

Imagine yourself sitting there that night. Would you have wished at least one person had a defensive weapon in that theater while you were being shot at and trying to hide as you hear those around you screaming in horror and begging for their lives or not? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Next picture. Row 9, a couple seats from the stair Holmes ascended, which according to reports is the exact spot that Jon Blunk was shot to death in. Imagine if it was you there on that floor hiding. Would you feel happy that no "Rambo" was there to try to take out Holmes, or would you wish that someone could have helped you from being shot several times in the back with a rifle?

I think a simple yes or no response to the above question suffices here, also.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #33
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Obviously you spend a lot of time at the movies.

That's your problem.

Hint: Movies aren't reality.
No, I don't. I've been going to Century Aurora to throw them my support. Beyond that, I don't normally see a movie a year.

Suffice it to say, you never answered my simple questions and never intended to. You came to this thread to yet again drop your shorts and defecate everywhere, making the usual snide cutting remarks of someone with a hurt ego.

Let us know when you have something adult to say, assuming you are one.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #34
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Suffice it to say, you never answered my simple questions and never intended to. You came to this thread to yet again drop your shorts and defecate everywhere, making the usual snide cutting remarks of someone with a hurt ego.

Let us know when you have something adult to say, assuming you are one.
Quite the hypocrite you are, neg rep boy.
W*GS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #35
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

" Guns save Lives" - true or false?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #36
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
1) The theater isn't that dark, I've been in there multiple times, and

2) I bought a Crimson Trace for my .357 mag because of my visits to that theater. Those things help a ton in aiming, especially longer distances.
What I like about the crimson trace is you can have it on your lap or under a table and as long as you can place the red dot on the target it's effective.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #37
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
I agree wholeheartedly.
ďGun ownership isnít about duck hunting, itís about saving your life and defending all the civil liberties we enjoy in this country,Ē he said.
Really? The NRA and the gun lobby don't give a rat's about our 'Liberties' they care about the gun industry. While were arguing about clip size, the Government has been eroding the Constitution and our basic rights. But let's all get frothy about the second amendment and how background checks are unconstitutional.

Quote:
In the last ten years we have seen a steady erosion of the fundamental rights and civil liberties, all in the name of national security.

The gradual erosion of our civil liberties came in the shape of Warrantless Wiretapping, abuse of the USA PATRIOT Act, the National Security Entry/Exit Registration System (NSEERS), the Real ID Act, the Military Commissions Act, No Fly and Selectee Lists, Abuse of Material Witness Statute, Attacks on Academic Freedom and monitoring peaceful groups.

The so-called War on Terror has seriously compromised the First, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Amendment rights of citizens and non-citizens alike. From the USA PATRIOT Actís over-broad definition of domestic terrorism, to the FBIís new powers of search and surveillance, to the indefinite detention of both citizens and non-citizens without formal charges, the principles of free speech, due process, and equal protection under the law have been seriously undermined.
http://www.civilfreedoms.org/?p=7260
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #38
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Really? The NRA and the gun lobby don't give a rat's about our 'Liberties' they care about the gun industry. While were arguing about clip size, the Government has been eroding the Constitution and our basic rights. But let's all get frothy about the second amendment and how background checks are unconstitutional.

http://www.civilfreedoms.org/?p=7260
Here we go again with the illiterate "clip" nonsense again.

The NRA are against liberties because aren't against what you're against. By your reasoning, then Barack Obama is against liberties.

It can easily be argued background checks are unconstitutional. What I especially don't like about them is that they're backdoor gun registration. Take a look at ATF form 4473. Gun registration is supposedly illegal in Colorado, yet when I decided to get a rifle instead of a pistol a month ago, the gun shop had to call the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and notify them of my change. Why?
Old 03-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #39
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:

The NRA are against liberties because aren't against what you're against. By your reasoning, then Barack Obama is against liberties.

It can easily be argued background checks are unconstitutional. What I especially don't like about them is that they're backdoor gun registration. Take a look at ATF form 4473. Gun registration is supposedly illegal in Colorado, yet when I decided to get a rifle instead of a pistol a month ago, the gun shop had to call the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and notify them of my change. Why?
Why? Because if your goal is to take away the guns from your citizens it is very helpful to know where they are.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #40
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:

Try responding in English and address the issue I raised.

Last edited by DenverBrit; 03-24-2013 at 11:57 AM..
Old 03-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #41
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's the pedantocolypse!

The only people who complain about clip vs. magazine are those that are trying to pretend they know a lot about firearms in order to bolster their cred.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #42
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
It's the pedantocolypse!

The only people who complain about clip vs. magazine are those that are trying to pretend they know a lot about firearms in order to bolster their cred.
Those who use words from movies that have no place in gun shops are pretending to know ****.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #43
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Try responding in English and address the issue I raised.
So Obama lover has no response.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #44
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
So Obama lover has no response.

Drinking early??

Again, what was your point, you avoided addressing mine and come back with a sophomoric response wide of the mark.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #45
nyuk nyuk

It's amazing how this thread is making the anti-gun crowd veer so far off topic they're either slinging mud like angry children who had the bottle taken away or are harping on typos or other irrelevancies to avoid addressing points.

ASStounding!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #46
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Those who use words from movies that have no place in gun shops are pretending to know ****.
LMAO. The word clip has become synonymous with magazine, and more than just in movies.

Welcome to the fluid nature of natural language kid.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #47
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's amazing how this thread is making the anti-gun crowd veer so far off topic they're either slinging mud like angry children who had the bottle taken away or are harping on typos or other irrelevancies to avoid addressing points.

ASStounding!

This from the pedant trying to pretend actual knowledge of firearms by berating people about clip vs. magazine while completely ignoring their posts.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:31 PM   #48
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
This from the pedant trying to pretend actual knowledge of firearms by berating people about clip vs. magazine while completely ignoring their posts.
Odd that every magazine I've ever bought the word "clip" doesn't appear anywhere on the packaging.

Care to respond to the topic of this thread or just drag your resentment over another thread over here and whine?
Old 03-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #49
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Once again do you believe the phrase, " Guns saves Lives "is accurate?

Don't make me make a poll....
Old 03-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #50
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Once again do you believe the phrase, " Guns saves Lives "is accurate?

Don't make me make a poll....
Go for it because nobody is capable of an honest conversation on this thread. Apparently my pictures and pointed questions about the Century Aurora Theater are causing brainwave overload and bowel incontinence.