The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 11:30 PM   #976
Bacchus

yes i am drunk..... VODKA COKES BABY!!!! I am celebrating!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #977
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You're close to 25 but you're a morman so you don't count.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #978
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

You could not pay me enough to be 25 again unless of course I would retain what I know now and continue to build on that life experience.

Last edited by baja; 03-24-2013 at 12:00 AM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:03 AM   #979
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

God I love this thread. I can't figure out how it isn't in the ring of fame.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #980
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You could not pay me enough to be 25 again unless of course I would retain what I know now and continue to build on that life experience.
I'd love to go back to 2005 when I was 25. Make a few truckloads of money.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:16 AM   #981
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I'd love to go back to 2005 when I was 25. Make a few truckloads of money.
If you are thinking to go back in time in order to capitalize on your knowledge of future events you would be disappointed to learn you had no knowledge of the future because it has not happened yet.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:30 AM   #982
Bacchus

Quote:
If you are thinking to go back in time in order to capitalize on your knowledge of future events you would be disappointed to learn you had no knowledge of the future because it has not happened yet.
well, that would suck because I would make all the same dumb decisions!!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 12:54 AM   #983
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
25 years-old...what I would pay to be 25 years old again. Dude, go walk across country, be homeless, join the peace Corp, Do whatever you want to do. When you turn 30 you start to lose your will and you start thinking about the future, at 25, **** the future. If you want to go and get tied down with this lady and her kid do it but if you move all the way across country for her you have yourself a family and it is time to hand in that freedom card and start thinking about setting up a college fund for the rugrat and a retirement fund for you and the old lady. You'll have to buy life insurance to make sure if you get decapitated in a traffic accident while on the way to work your family will be covered all that other responsible fun ****.

At 25 do you want a family?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:02 AM   #984
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
....you ready to spend the rest of your life with this woman?

If yes, then do not listen to your family. She is the most important thing.

If hesitant than DON'T leave your support system and go move away with her.

that should be less confusing!!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #985
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
....you ready to spend the rest of your life with this woman?

If yes, then do not listen to your family. She is the most important thing.

If hesitant than DON'T leave your support system and go move away with her.

that should be less confusing!!
I agree. I mean what is the worst that could happen!!!!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #986
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
In all honesty dude, you are 25 years-old do whatever the **** YOU WANT TO DO. Your parents and girl friend will get over it or they won't. You're young, do whatever you want. Now is the time to do what you want. Later in life you will not have these options.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #987
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo McDowell View Post

The caption of this photo posted on page 6 was "you showed her this thread?" lol
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #988
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
Moving to SC = Fail

Showing her this thread = Epic Fail
The gems from this thread are just awesome. lol
Old 03-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #989
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

I didn't get on this thread until page 11. My first reply was in reply to TheReverend's advice.

==================

Originally Posted by TheReverend
Break up. Dead serious.

Originally Posted by Jason in LA
I 100% agree.

==============

Also, the best piece of advice that he was given was to not knock her up. If he just followed that one thing then he was have avoided this mess. I said this back on page 11.

"He's going down a road that will screw up his life. If he continues down this road he's going to knock her up and then he'll really be stuck. Hopefully he doesn't knock her up any time soon, so he better wrap it up every single time."

Yep, it was easy to see where this one was going (if this whole thing is real).
Old 03-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #990
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleo McDowell View Post
We really outdid ourselves with this thread!

Everybody should go back and read it again. There are some awesome replies.

***Damn the photo didn't show up in the quote. It's on page 12.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #991
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
This thread is still going?

At this point, I assume McFoneco is talking to Blue about a new forum name.

Damn, this from page 12.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #992
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
You can be mad at me for giving you good advice all you want. I don't need to retaliate at all. Life is apparently doing a better job at that than I ever could.
Damn!

Page 12 was good!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #993
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Okay, I'm in the process of making a decision in my life, and need some advice.

I am currently living in Texas, and I hate it here, only reason I moved here was to be near my family. However, there are family issues and I really want to move away.
First, let me say I got involved with a great woman, and we got engaged not too long ago. She moved here in Texas to be with me, but alas, she hates it here too. Now, I don't want to get in too many details, but she had a terrible childhood that caused her to have to drop out of high school, but is set on getting a GED to get into college. She is 22, and I am 25 with a Bachelor's in Accounting from University of Oklahoma. I have an okay job for a private company here, but could definitely get a better one with the economy picking up. She hasn't had a job because she continues to get hired at a place and either not like it, or the pay/hours are **** and no use working it for getting the price back to cover the gas.
Also, she has a 4 year old daughter, so makes it tougher.
Now, she comes from the East Coast, Myrtle Beach, SC. She is very easy-going, comfortable and I'll say "care-free". Most people over there are. Well, she tells me we can move to Myrtle Beach, cut our expenses down, she can easily get a job as a server, and she has contacts and a staffing agency that can get me a job in a month. Basically, become financially stable because we aren't here.
Now, my parents/family will be upset due to the fact that I am leaving a job, known income, to go someplace where there is no guarantee, and also have no money.

I know I'm leaving some stuff out, but basically, I want to hear what other people think of moving out there, which she wants to do in June, for what she feels is the right thing to do, and will make us stable and happy.
Well I think it's immature of her to quit a job for not liking it. You cannot do that, especially when you have a child to support.

As far as the rest, I don't see the big deal with it. Life has its unknowns and you only live once.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #994
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomtask View Post
This thread really should be sent to the ring of fame soon. It's one of the most hilarious things I've ever seen, and unless it gets moved to it's rightful place, it runs the risk of being forgotten by some and lost to all...
***above quote was posted in 2010.***

Naw, this thread won't be forgotten about. lol
Old 03-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #995
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
Well as long as the guy doesn't have a kid with her at least he has an exit strategy.
Yeah, about that exit strategy.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #996
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I think the one thing we've all learned from this thread is that it generally ain't such a hot idea to ask for serious relationship advice on an internet sports board.
Other than not knocking her up, this is probably the second best piece of advice in this thread.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #997
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
plus, he would be 25 and drunk and forget what he learned in the future.

I made good decisions at 25 and while there are some I would change in a heartbeat, I wouldn't want to take that chance and screw it all up. Live and learn. Only thing with the OP is he got some great advice and decided not to take it. I hope those, like Baja, realized how wrong they were when they first gave out their horrible experiences to screw this young lad up.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #998
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Well I think it's immature of her to quit a job for not liking it. You cannot do that, especially when you have a child to support.

As far as the rest, I don't see the big deal with it. Life has its unknowns and you only live once.
I am quoting this before nyuk nyuk erases it for not realizing that this is a really old thread and his advice is horribly wrong as you read through it.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #999
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Agreed. Nothing to do here but follow your heart. You parctically have nothing to lose at this age, and everything to gain.
Front page quote you wish you didn't say! So many right and wrong.

Nothing to lose? correct except your dignity, freedom, brain, money, etc. You gain a headache, parental responsibilities all alone, debt, etc.

Great advice their Dear Abby.

Last edited by broncocalijohn; 03-24-2013 at 12:37 PM..
Old 03-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #1000
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Wow... What similiar situations you and I have/had...

Here is the thing dude. I already know what you are going to do. So do you. Now the good news is, you will learn a FREAKING TON from this. Bad news is that you are not going to make it as a couple and you will feel that you wasted a good portion of your life.....Trust me on this. read this whole thing and you will know why I say this... And dont use this as motivation. I did when people said the same to me, but you can not control the other person.

On the other hand you can not experience the learning part yourself but take everyones word for it.

Think of it like this. You can see a piece of candy that looks good to eat, yet everyone says no do not do it, it fell in dog ****. But it looks clean and you really want that candy and it doesnt smell like dog****. So you either eat it and taste the fact that its dog ****, or you can take everyones word for it. On one hand you will learn it yourself and experience it which is much more powerful, but at the same time suffer through the bad part. Or you can learn that it is bad but not as much as if you ate it.

I was similiar to you. I am 25 my ex is 22. We were best friends since highschool. She dropped out of HS, was a model for Mac (make up company)...Could have gotten a great job paying 75k a year, but kept putting off the GED. For some reason or another there was always a reason or excuse. She even went in to take the test and the fire alarms went off and the building had to be evacuated. Some things are signs bro. watch out for them...I went to school and became a badass- but dont get paid like one...yet.....But essentially the same thing and scenario.....Long story short, we are not together have a 3 year old son....... I learned sooo much over those 4 years that when I think i wasted my life (which I did somewhat) its not bad because I learned so much....Having said that, I think I would have been a lot better off just listening to everyone who is older, mainly my parents...... She is now married again with another kid, still no ged and now she has no job..When we were together she bounced around jobs too. Luckily i was good with money and how to use it/spend it.....I am guarantee that she will be divorced again and homeless within 2 years, probably by this fall.

I can not tell you what it is, but somehow, even though they seem more mature than you...I know mine was.. They are not.22 year old girls are 22 year old girls. They dont understand life yet... I know that wont make sense, but it is sooo freaking true its retarded.

The part about risk and diving head first..I agree with, but your situation is not one of them... Move somewhere, if you want, not because of her, and dont give up a good job or anything else...Ask yourself this.. Where would she be right now if she was not with you? She is probably a great person, but that answer right there should tell you everything you need to know. THe answer is simple, she would be with another guy, latched to him- same situation... That situation will always follow her around no matter who she is with until she gets her **** in gear. Girls like that normally do not until they hit rock rock bottom. And she never will until you are out of the picture, and the cycle will always continue as is now until she hits rock bottom. Which once again will not occur until you are out of the picture.

I know that sounds rough and I am SURE she is a really really great sweet girl. But just because she makes you feel good about yourself does not justify anything else.

My advice after all that crap----Do what you want, as you know what you will. Just be prepared to learn and learn as much as you can. In the end you will be a good person and a better one. And dont get down on yourself if things dont work out how you want. They rarely do. But they do always work themselves out in the end.

Good luck.

Hmmm. Looks like that was pretty solid after all. Page 4.

So- is she with that other guy still or did she latch on to a new one? I bet a new one. Just like I said.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote