The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #151
Bacchus

I never would have thought the nuggets could ever be any higher than the 6th seed. This is friggin amazing.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #152
nyuk nyuk

@ Nuggets. Streaking teams crash and burn. The Nuggets crash and burn regardless. It's a law of nature, right up there with gravity. They will tank in the playoffs.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #153
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
@ Nuggets. Streaking teams crash and burn. The Nuggets crash and burn regardless. It's a law of nature, right up there with gravity. They will tank in the playoffs.
Sorry, we're not the 2007 Mavericks. We're matched up with Golden State right now, and that would be a 5 game series.

Funny how you say streaking teams crash and burn though. The Heat have the 2nd longest streak in NBA history. So will they tank in the playoffs too?
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #154
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Great day of basketball with the nuggets on tonight...can't wait.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #155
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Quote:
who's your squad?
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #156
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

15 in a row.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #157
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Wasn't pretty tonight but it was 15 straight!

Now we are gonna need Lawson Monday night.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #158
Bacchus

Nuggets rated as 5th best in NBA.... what you think?

It's hard for me to believe they are that good.....

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings

They have the Thunder as #1 ahead of the Heat.

Denver beat the Thunder!!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #159
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

I'd put them at 4

Heat
Sas
Okc
Den
Memphis/lac

They may have a 3-1 lead on the thunder in regular season but I bet the thunder will be very hard to beat in the second round of the playoffs since Durant is a whistle machine and Westbrook has really elevated his game lately.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #160
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

No worse than 4 when Chandler and Lawson are healthy. Hell they have the 4th best record in the league.

Those rankings are either bull**** or dated though. No way you could put anyone ahead of the Heat right now.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:14 AM   #161
extralife
Ring of Famer

Hollinger's rankings are computer rankings.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:44 AM   #162
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Love the Nugs but how the hell are we gonna get by the NBA and the networks to win a chamionship?
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:53 AM   #163
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
Love the Nugs but how the hell are we gonna get by the NBA and the networks to win a chamionship?
If OKC can go to the finals, so can the Nuggs. (at least thats what I like to tell myself)
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #164
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flex Gunmetal View Post
who's your squad?
Assuming that's dramallama/epicfail, the Mavs.

Good read on the Nugs linked below.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...ues-best-teams
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #165
BroncoFox
Unofficial Cheer******

If I have fleas.. they are happy.

I've never really watched basketball, just Broncos and Avalanche. I find baseball horribly boring. But I've been trying to get into it. And they look awesome.. except for our defense.

Maybe I don't know what I am talking about, but once the playoffs start, if we don't do something about defense, we'll not go very far. Teams play different in the playoffs. Much more defensive - and we allow even pretty awful teams to score a lot of points. We just score more than them.

So that's my only worry. That we won't be able to keep up once teams clamp down with solid defense once the playoffs start. Please tell me I am wrong.
BroncoFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #166
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Assuming that's dramallama/epicfail, the Mavs.

Good read on the Nugs linked below.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-tr...ues-best-teams

That guy must not like himself very much. He's always pretending to be someone else.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #167
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Jackasses will be jackasses.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #168
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
That guy must not like himself very much. He's always pretending to be someone else.
When this nyuk nyuk first showed up on the scene he pretended to be a she. I see he's dropped that.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #169
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFox View Post
I've never really watched basketball, just Broncos and Avalanche. I find baseball horribly boring. But I've been trying to get into it. And they look awesome.. except for our defense.

Maybe I don't know what I am talking about, but once the playoffs start, if we don't do something about defense, we'll not go very far. Teams play different in the playoffs. Much more defensive - and we allow even pretty awful teams to score a lot of points. We just score more than them.

So that's my only worry. That we won't be able to keep up once teams clamp down with solid defense once the playoffs start. Please tell me I am wrong.
Did you watch the OKC game? That should tell you that when on, this team plays great clutch defense.

Of course the rebuttal to that would be the Philly game, when the defense was absolutely terrible.

I think the biggest issue with this team is health. If healthy this team can go all the way to the Finals. And I think if you put Iggy on the best perimeter player and Chandler on the next best offensive player this team will be more than efficient on defense. The key though is that they have to run, and trap their opponent into getting into a running game with them. That is when they are nearly unbeatable.

Hope like hell Lawson is a go tomorrow. Otherwise I think Nawlins ends the streak. Teams are now bringing their best effort against us now.

Last edited by spdirty; 03-24-2013 at 02:55 PM..
Old 03-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #170
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
When this nyuk nyuk first showed up on the scene he pretended to be a she. I see he's dropped that.
It appears that there is no bottom with that chic. She just continues to sink.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #171
Bacchus

Here is a great article on our little nuggets.

The Denver Nuggets' streak, stardom and the resilience of depth

By Tom Ziller on Mar 26 2013, 12:00p  @teamziller 1

The Denver Nuggets have replaced a superstar with superior depth and a large rotation. The Hook posits that with the spreading of responsibility comes a diffusion of risk and a strengthening of the team's game-to-game resilience.

The two teams that had been rampaging through the NBA couldn't be more different. The Miami Heat, threatening the record for consecutive wins, are built around three stars. The team's supporting cast has been improved a great deal since 2010, but compared to most good NBA teams, it's still lacking. The success of the team depends almost wholly on how well LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh play. Luckily, all three are excellent players; LeBron is clearly the best in the world.

The Denver Nuggets, who until Monday's loss to the Hornets had won 15 straight games, are the exact opposite. There's not one 2013 All-Star on the squad, and only Andre Iguodala has earned that honor in the past. No one from this team is likely to make the All-NBA team, which recognizes the top 15 players in the league. We don't have anyone likely to earn postseason award consideration, either, though Iguodala could land on an All-Defense team. (The front office is a different story: Masai Ujiri should battle Daryl Morey for Executive of the Year votes.) George Karl could also receive a look in the Coach of the Year contest, though Erik Spoelstra, Gregg Popovich, Frank Vogel and Bernie Bickerstaff are in the mix.

What you need to win at the level the Heat and Nuggets have won at is resilience. Players just aren't going to be totally consistent every night. Energy, injuries, match-ups, unavoidable randomness: it all plays a role in determining the final numbers for any player and team. If you flip a coin 100 times, you expect 50 heads and 50 tails. If you break those 100 flips into 10-flip games, you wouldn't in the least be surprised to have a few 7-3s, 6-4s, even an 8-2 result. The same applies to, say, shooters. A 45 percent shooter isn't going to shoot 45 percent every night, even excepting injuries and tough match-ups. Some nights he'll shoot 30 percent. Some nights he'll shoot 70. It happens.

For the Heat, the team needs at least one of its stars to have a good night against most teams. Against better teams, it needs even more. Luckily, LeBron at his worst is still better than most. (In 70 games, LeBron has six in which his GameScore was below 15, which is NBA average. None of those were below 11.) Having a great player who is nearly always good and frequently great is a helluva form of resilience. So long as LeBron and Wade play the way that they have since February, the Heat will be in position to win. That reliable production -- which has of course been efficient, unlike the sort of production you get from a Monta Ellis or Kobe Bryant -- is a cushion against spectacular performance by opponents and a launching pad toward victory. Having LeBron right now is almost like a 400-meter head start in a 1-mile race.

The Nuggets are so very different. Their resilience isn't in one reliable producer. The Heat are using a weighted coin to get more heads than tails. The Nuggets are just flipping a ton of coins every night. Karl's rotation goes 9-10 deep, and every last one of the players is good. In many cases, really quite good. Few teams boast two point guards as proficient as Ty Lawson and Andre Miller, two big men as athletic as Kenneth Faried and JaVale McGee, two wing defenders as defensively stout as Iguodala and Corey Brewer and two perimeter shooters as sharp as Danilo Gallinari and Wilson Chandler. The rotation is solid enough that Karl can basically not use Timofey Mozgov (a perfect usable big man) and bring in Anthony Randolph only for crunch-time defensive possessions. Second-year wing Jordan Hamilton has shown an ability to step in and produce when needed. In other words, while Karl uses 9-10 per game, he actually has 11-12 players who can come in and play at league average level or better.

For the rest of the article: http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/26/41...th-george-karl
Old 03-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #172
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Sorry, we're not the 2007 Mavericks. We're matched up with Golden State right now, and that would be a 5 game series.

Funny how you say streaking teams crash and burn though. The Heat have the 2nd longest streak in NBA history. So will they tank in the playoffs too?
No, we aren't the 2007 Mavs. Worse: We're dealing with the Denver Nuggets. They ALWAYS crash and burn.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #173
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

The Gallo injury was a complete bummer, looks like he's done for the year. Any hopes of them making a run through the playoffs took a big hit.
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #174
DENVERDUI55

To answer the initial question No the Nuggets aren't a team to be feared.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:50 AM   #175
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatspirits View Post
The Gallo injury was a complete bummer, looks like he's done for the year. Any hopes of them making a run through the playoffs took a big hit.
People don't consider the way he played defense. For example he gave Durant fits because he had the size and range to play him right. It tried to talk myself into thinking their depth could step but, but Galo was too important in too many ways. The more I think about it, the more I think the Nuggs are a first round exit.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote