The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #26
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Yeah, you can consume calories when you burn them. But not all calories are created equal. Most people, athletes included, would benefit from consuming higher quality calories and burning them.

But besides that, not all pizza and hamburgers are created equal either. I mean, Blackjack and Papa Johns... that's some crap pizza. And there's pretty damn good pizza out there, unendorsed by our favorite athletes.
Dr. Steven Leavit - the author of freakonomics - just posted a blog where he argued that the McDonalds McDouble is one of the most nutritious foods you can eat for the price.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:38 PM   #27
Tim

I tried stink's green chili cause I listen to 104.3 all the time and he use to pimp it non stop when they were with espn. I didn't care for it but I like papa johns, Ed's mustard, and coors a lot.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:42 PM   #28
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

never, don't see a reason to buy something outside of legit interest in the product.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:00 AM   #29
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Well I like Green Chili.... and Stink's is pretty good.

Papa John's is pretty ****ty food. Their wings taste like styrofoam.... so does the pizza. The best part about it is the Pepperoncini is comes with. But it's overpriced... and if I'm in a "garbage loading" mood, for my money, Little Ceasar's beats Papa John's every time.

Coors to me just tastes like water... I'll stick to Fat Tire, Odell 90 Schilling, Santa Fe Camper, or Ranger IPA .... or Kwak, Delerium, or Rochefort Trappistes 8 when I'm in Europe.

With so many great beers out there, ain't nobody got time for **** beer like Coors and Bud. (PBR was okay in college, lol.)
Old 03-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #30
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Never thought I'd ever buy a Buick.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:25 AM   #31
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
Well I like Green Chili.... and Stink's is pretty good.

Papa John's is pretty ****ty food. Their wings taste like styrofoam.... so does the pizza. The best part about it is the Pepperoncini is comes with. But it's overpriced... and if I'm in a "garbage loading" mood, for my money, Little Ceasar's beats Papa John's every time.

Coors to me just tastes like water... I'll stick to Fat Tire, Odell 90 Schilling, Santa Fe Camper, or Ranger IPA .... or Kwak, Delerium, or Rochefort Trappistes 8 when I'm in Europe.

With so many great beers out there, ain't nobody got time for **** beer like Coors and Bud. (PBR was okay in college, lol.)
I can understand that every beer topic has an ipa beer snob but little ceasars is better than papa johns?
Old 03-23-2013, 12:38 AM   #32
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Never thought I'd ever buy a Buick.
I don't see one in my future but I do find PFM's commercial funny.
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:30 AM   #33
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
YES

Disagreed. This was before Madden, this was before Tecmo Bowl. What other options did we have back then?
Actually. If I recall correctly, I spent all my money on both quarterback and the first tecmo in the same weekend
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:43 AM   #34
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWheatGrower View Post
Examples would include Rod Smith (Blackjack Pizza), Mike Shanahan (Trice Jewelers), Dave Logan (Kuni Honda), Ed McCaffrey (McDonald's), Peyton Manning (Papa John's), John Elway (John Elway's Quarterback, John Elway Ford, Original Coors, Dove).

In the 1990s, I purchased EAS supplements because the Denver Broncos were using them. I ended up getting diarrhea a lot and my scrotum (a.k.a nutsack) shrunk so I quit using the products.
Never purchased anything because of somebody endorsed it. Well maybe back in the 90's. I bought some Air Jordans because anybody who played basketball wanted them. But that's about it.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:14 AM   #35
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
Dr. Steven Leavit - the author of freakonomics - just posted a blog where he argued that the McDonalds McDouble is one of the most nutritious foods you can eat for the price.
Sounds like hipster contrarianism to me, but if you post a link I'd give it a fair read. Anyway I generally don't look to fellas with a Ph.D in economics as an expert on nutrition. I'm fairly certain Eric Schlosser would kill him in a debate on the subject.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #36
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Quote:
Sounds like hipster contrarianism to me, but if you post a link I'd give it a fair read. Anyway I generally don't look to fellas with a Ph.D in economics as an expert on nutrition. I'm fairly certain Eric Schlosser would kill him in a debate on the subject.
I always find Levitt's stuff interesting. You can label him but he uses economics, a social science, to look at social issues as opposed to just monetary issues. He is also a professor of economics at the premier economics school in the country at the University of Chicago. When I taught economics I used his stuff for enrichment and had several students go on to major in economics because of our study of Freakenomics. There is a free course guide and curriculum for the book. Much of their stuff is controversial and provocative but a fun read nonetheless.

I could not find the article on the Freakenomics blog. I found a post by Dubner, Freakenomics coauther, that a read makes the claim, sort of.
http://www.freakonomics.com/2013/03/...human-history/

There are also plenty of economical arguements for vegetarians too.

As for a Schlosser Levitt debate....that would be interesting. Levitt has been attacked by realtors, police, politicians, etc. He is an intelligent guy too, and can make very compelling arguements. Don't discount him.

Last edited by tesnyde; 03-23-2013 at 08:35 AM..
Old 03-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #37
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Stink's green chile is not bad in a pinch, but nothing beats home made.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #38
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesnyde View Post
I always find Levitt's stuff interesting. You can label him but he uses economics, a social science, to look at social issues as opposed to just monetary issues. He is also a professor of economics at the premier economics school in the country at the University of Chicago. When I taught economics I used his stuff for enrichment and had several students go on to major in economics because of our study of Freakenomics. There is a free course guide and curriculum for the book. Much of their stuff is controversial and provocative but a fun read nonetheless.

I could not find the article on the Freakenomics blog. I found a post by Dubner, Freakenomics coauther, that a read makes the claim, sort of.

There are also plenty of economical arguements for vegetarians too.

As for a Schlosser Levitt debate....that would be interesting. Levitt has been attacked by realtors, police, politicians, etc. He is an intelligent guy too, and can make very compelling arguements. Don't discount him.
I'm not discounting Levitt at all. I've read Freakonomics and would value his opinion on a variety of subjects. Actually the fact that I was interested in reading his argument, if it existed, that a McDonald's sandwich is the most nutritious thing you could buy for the money, is a testament to how much I value his opinion. Because it's a ridiculous statement and it deserves to be discounted off hand, and would have been had it been attributed to most other sources.

Turns out of course that the argument does not exist and was falsely attributed to him (unless there is another blog besides the one you posted). The Schlosser Levitt debate probably wouldn't happen because I doubt Levitt is foolish enough to make that argument.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #39
BroncoBrett
Beef curtains

PFM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Ed Mccaffery's Horseradish. Is actually really good..
BroncoBrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #40
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I already used that Dove for men body wash but those Elway commercials are hysterical.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #41
nyuk nyuk

No but I would consider buying a car from Johnny.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #42
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesnyde View Post
I don't see one in my future but I do find PFM's commercial funny.
was just joking. I got a Camry.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #43
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
As a guy who is pursuing a Ph.D in economics, I can say that we are expert data-crunchers who excel at finding hidden meaning in abstract numbers. While a doctor of economics isn't necessarily a medical doctor, I'd still trust an economist with health data (especially an epidemiological economist) more than just about anyone else who isn't an MD, lol.

Anyway, here's the link:

Old 03-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #44
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Looks like it came from Dubner's blog, not Leavit's. That's my bad.

Also,

Old 03-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #45
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
was just joking. I got a Camry.
I knew you were...
Old 03-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #46
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not discounting Levitt at all. I've read Freakonomics and would value his opinion on a variety of subjects. Actually the fact that I was interested in reading his argument, if it existed, that a McDonald's sandwich is the most nutritious thing you could buy for the money, is a testament to how much I value his opinion. Because it's a ridiculous statement and it deserves to be discounted off hand, and would have been had it been attributed to most other sources.

Turns out of course that the argument does not exist and was falsely attributed to him (unless there is another blog besides the one you posted). The Schlosser Levitt debate probably wouldn't happen because I doubt Levitt is foolish enough to make that argument.
The Freakenomics guys have interesting short on various NFL topics.
http://www.freakonomics.com/videos/#football
Old 03-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #47
TheChamp247
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSU Husker View Post
Ed's Mile High Spicy Mustard was the ****.
This
TheChamp247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:49 PM   #48
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

I bought a cell phone at a kiosk in the mall from some guy that said he used to be a Bronco.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #49
ol#7

Wheaties box that featured the SB 32 team. Commemorative glasses at arby's. Commemorative SB 32 Coke bottles. 1977 RC Cola had Bronco bio's on the side, bought a bunch just for the players.

Ed McCaffreys entire line. Safeway had them last time I was stateside. Damn good stuff.

Stinks Green Chili.

Never saw the Easy Ed O's or his root beer. Never saw TD's bbq either, but willing to try it.

Almost bought a car at a dealership owned by Floyd Little, not on purpose. A former nugget Willie White or Pete Williams was a car salesman there. Randy Gradishar was doing a signing which is why I went.

Bought then waited in line to get signed my 3 Amigo's poster.......... Worst part, had to go to 2 different malls to do it, those guys were briefly really popular!
Old 03-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #50
Cmac821
Harden by loss

Can't wait for next year

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder

TD's bbq sauce is pretty damn good imo. Bought it to try it, now it's kinda the go to for bbq sauce for me.
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote