The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #51
Meck77

http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/03/pf/s...cies/index.htm

AZ voting on gold/silver as legal currency soon.

http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2013-...er-as-currency

Last edited by Meck77; 03-22-2013 at 02:18 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #52
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

http://bitcoin.org/en/

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bitcoin
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #53
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

If you missed Paul Craig Robert's recent interview...

here it is again. Not to be missed. This is the best summary I have heard in awhile.

http://kingworldnews.com/kingworldne...g_Roberts.html
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #54
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Ya I saw it today;

Alex Jones, " So doctor how do you fix the dollar problem? "

Dr. Craig, " You can't, it's too late now it's just a question of when it collapses and pushes us into an inflationary depression"

Jones. "That is the worse case scenario, right?"

Dr. Craig, "Yes"
Old 03-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #55
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

No -- this is the interview on Kingworldnews -- but along the same lines.

In the Kingworld show Roberts does a great job explaining why the fed is keeping the price of gold & silver down.

Today silver is 28+ -- hard to believe it's so low. If I had extra cash I would buy silver while it's this low.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #56
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Ya figured that out listening now....
Old 03-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #57
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

You should watch the alex jones radio show today. It's probably on you tube somewhere by now.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #58
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Here is today's interview -- Alex Jones with Paul Craig Roberts

fast forward to 1:07

The shyte is about to hit the fan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt687k40UGc
Old 03-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #59
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Not surprised that baja and gaffe are Jones' bukkake boys...
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #60
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Here is today's interview -- Alex Jones with Paul Craig Roberts

fast forward to 1:07

The shyte is about to hit the fan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt687k40UGc
I'm on my phone and can't watch the video. Can you define "about to" in terms of days/weeks/months so I can come back here at the end of said period of time and get an answer why the **** didn't actually hit the fan? Just a ballpark figure would be fine so I can just bring it up every few days when the deadline hits.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #61
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I'm on my phone and can't watch the video. Can you define "about to" in terms of days/weeks/months so I can come back here at the end of said period of time and get an answer why the **** didn't actually hit the fan? Just a ballpark figure would be fine so I can just bring it up every few days when the deadline hits.
Next Tuesday @ 11:47 AM CDT
Old 03-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #62
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
gaffe, baja, and the other conspiracist wankers (on the right and left) can never name a time...

It's always "soon".

They're full of shyte, of course.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #63
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Next Tuesday @ 11:47 AM CDT
Next Tuesday, like, the next Tuesday there is?

Or next Tuesday, like, not this Tuesday, but the next one?

Gotta make sure I'm there for this.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #64
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Cyprus bank insolvency crisis quickly escalating; may set off EU bankageddon
Friday, March 22, 2013
by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
Editor of NaturalNews.com (See all articles...)

(NaturalNews) As you may have suspected, there's far more to the Cyprus bank crisis story than meets the eye. It turns out the shutdown of Cypriot banks has caused a large-scale financial shutdown of the Russian government which uses Cyprus banks for most transactions.

On top of that, the EU central bank (ECB) has now issued an ultimatum that threatens to revoke all financial support and crash the Cypriot banks if they can't come up with 5.8 billion Euros by Monday. Reuters reports:

The European Central Bank, which has kept Cyprus's banks operating with a liquidity lifeline, said the government had until Monday to get a deal in place, or funds would be cut off - putting not just the Cypriot economy in jeopardy but billions of euros held on the island by foreigners, notably from Russia.

USA Today reports, "If it does not find a way by Monday, the European Central Bank said it will cut off emergency support to the banks, letting them collapse. That would throw the country into financial chaos and, ultimately, cause it to leave the eurozone, with unpredictable consequences for the region."

Until then, the banks remain closed, and everybody knows the minute they open, every account holder will immediately transfer their money out of the banks, causing a near-instant bank run and a collapse.

The worry across the eurozone now is that this imminent bank collapse will trigger account holders in Greece to start taking their money out of the bank, too. The Greek banking system is already in such sad shape that it only takes a very small percentage of account holders withdrawing their funds -- perhaps 5% or so -- to topple Greek banks. That's because the banks are roughly 95% leveraged with fractional reserve accounts and complex debt instruments.

Once bank runs begin in Greece, they will spread across the EU. Fear will kick in everywhere and depositors will run on the banks in Spain, Italy and even the UK. Germany is arguably in the safest position to defend against bank runs, but even its banks are unwisely leveraged beyond reasonable ratios.

We are about to witness massive wealth destruction

It's important to understand that fractional reserve banking wealth is a fictional construct that does not exist in reality. Thus, the wealth created by fractional reserve banking is nothing more than a mirage that can be destroyed literally overnight.

Importantly -- and here's the real point nobody is talking about -- Russia may be willing to let Cypriot banks collapse and lose a lot of money itself, knowing that the aftermath of a collapse may set off a chain reaction of bank collapses across the EU.

EU authorities seem to anticipate this possibility and they are already talking about dropping Cyprus from the EU as quickly as possible. As Yahoo News reports:

The official also referred to the need to resolve the issue of Cyprus's two biggest banks, both of which are close to collapse, and mentioned the possibility of Cyprus leaving the euro zone. In the event of an exit, the official said steps needed to be taken to "ring-fence" the rest of the euro zone from the impact and to ensure there was no contagion to Greece.

"Contagion" is the right word, because if this situation doesn't get resolved very, very quickly, we may be witnessing the start of the collapse of the EU -- an outcome that would very well serve the political interests of Russia. So don't expect Russia to try to resolve any of this. It may be waiting in the wings and actually hoping to help set off a kind of "bankageddon" that, once begun, will be impossible to stop.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/039588_Cy...#ixzz2OF6eKmjA
This is some pretty strong bull**** as bull**** goes, it is not quite young earth creationism but certainly up there with birthers and the vaccine causes autism crowd.

The banks in Cyprus won't open for withdrawals until they have a liquidity lifeline in place, if they must they will limit withdrawals and only allow transfers to other Cypriot banks. As for bankageddon that is not only a horrible pun but also pure fiction. The Cypriot banks are largely involved with retired expats from other EU countries, Russians who are involved especially with international shipping and trade and Greek interests - it is the large investment in Greek bonds that knocked the wind out of the sails.

None of the groups who are heavily involved with Cypriot banking are major players in any European banking sector, so losses from banks going belly up in Cyprus would not domino to other countries - this is also why the ECB and IMF required Cyprus to self-fund part of the emergency liquidity fund unlike any other European economy. If Ireland or Spain or Greece had failed, it would have had a potential domino effect, but Cyprus is so small and isolated financially that a failure would not cause more than small ripples throughout European banking.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #65
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Next Tuesday, like, the next Tuesday there is?

Or next Tuesday, like, not this Tuesday, but the next one?

Gotta make sure I'm there for this.
as in Maņana
Old 03-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #66
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
This is some pretty strong bull**** as bull**** goes, it is not quite young earth creationism but certainly up there with birthers and the vaccine causes autism crowd.

The banks in Cyprus won't open for withdrawals until they have a liquidity lifeline in place, if they must they will limit withdrawals and only allow transfers to other Cypriot banks. As for bankageddon that is not only a horrible pun but also pure fiction. The Cypriot banks are largely involved with retired expats from other EU countries, Russians who are involved especially with international shipping and trade and Greek interests - it is the large investment in Greek bonds that knocked the wind out of the sails.

None of the groups who are heavily involved with Cypriot banking are major players in any European banking sector, so losses from banks going belly up in Cyprus would not domino to other countries - this is also why the ECB and IMF required Cyprus to self-fund part of the emergency liquidity fund unlike any other European economy. If Ireland or Spain or Greece had failed, it would have had a potential domino effect, but Cyprus is so small and isolated financially that a failure would not cause more than small ripples throughout European banking.
No offense but I value this guy's opinion infinitely more than yours when it comes to financial matters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Craig_Roberts
Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #67
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
No offense but I value this guy's opinion infinitely more than yours when it comes to financial matters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Craig_Roberts
Because I know when I'm looking for economic insight, I'm going to trust the Reaganomics guy.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #68
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

In this instance he is speaking to deregulation and what it lead to. People do learn from mistakes you know. But don't bother to watch the video because you already "know'
Old 03-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #69
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

You sound a lot like the banned Garcia Bronco.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:46 PM   #70
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
In this instance he is speaking to deregulation and what it lead to. People do learn from mistakes you know. But don't bother to watch the video because you already "know'
In this instance, gyldenlove is making a rather compelling argument about not only what contributed to the crisis, but the scope of the crisis as well. Some people on this board do know what they're talking about you know. But don't bother to research his claims because you already "know".

You're too kind, OMane, you're too kind.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #71
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Well lets see what happens with the Cypriot banking system on Monday shall we..
Old 03-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #72
Meck77

Interesting. Hadn't read about this anywhere. CAD and AUD to be added as reserve currencies. Question is will the DXY stay on. If not. Get your hand tools ready baja.

http://rt.com/business/imf-reserve-currencies-909/
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:38 PM   #73
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

It's not a question of if but when the world shiit cans the fiat system due to it's inevitable collapse ( largest ponzi scheme ever and second place isn't even close) The logical replacement is asset based currency but the transition will be apocalyptic in nature. The bitcoin I linked for you is a very promising solution. Did you get a chance to look into it?
Old 03-22-2013, 09:42 PM   #74
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Interesting. Hadn't read about this anywhere. CAD and AUD to be added as reserve currencies. Question is will the DXY stay on. If not. Get your hand tools ready baja.

http://rt.com/business/imf-reserve-currencies-909/
Oh by the way you need not worry about any of this because hougtam has assured us all is well because Glydenlove said so in a fifty word post and he is smart in hougham's estimation..
Old 03-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #75
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Come on, admit it guys. The only reason anyone is talking about this is because everyone loves saying and typing the word Cypriot.

Cypriot.