The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator
 
tesnyde's Avatar
 
Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 949
Default OT: Executive Director of Corrections Killed

This is one intriguing story...the executive director of corrections who was directly recruited by the governor is suspected of being killed by guy who killed a pizza delivery guy in order to disguise himself to get the exec to answer the door. The killer is linked to a prison white supremacist group. Suspicion is a shock caller called for the hit placed by a Saudi denied a request to serve his sentence in his home country. The Killer gets in a shoot out and killed in Texas by DPS and deputies after a high speed chase and shooting an officer. Turns out the governor is friends of the the killer's dad who is a Boulder lawyer and the governor is questioned if he paroled the killer early because of a relationship with the killer's dad. Sounds like Hollywood but its not. Stay tuned...this is getting very interesting.

Last edited by tesnyde; 03-22-2013 at 11:24 PM..
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,603

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default

Just got done reading all about this earlier. So crazy.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,694

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin
Default

I hope the killer had the new legal clips in his gun.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #4
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator
 
tesnyde's Avatar
 
Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
I hope the killer had the new legal clips in his gun.
I'm sure he went to Texas because they are legal there.


Texas dealt him justice. You have to be a idiot to go there if your a killer on the run.
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesnyde View Post
This is one intriguing story...exec director of corrections who was directly recruited by the governor is suspected of being killed by guy who killed a pizza delivery guy in order to disguise himself to get exec to answer the door. Killer is linked to a prison white supremacist group. Suspicion is a shock caller called for the hit placed by a Saudi denied a request to serve sentence in home country. Killer gets in a shoot out and killed in Texas after a high speed chase and shooting an officer. Turns out the governor is friends of the killer's dad who is a Boulder lawyer and governor is questioned if he paroled killer early because of relationship with dad. Sounds like Hollywood but its not. Stay tuned...this is getting very interesting.
I wonder if the NRA helped out
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #6
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesnyde View Post
This is one intriguing story...exec director of corrections who was directly recruited by the governor is suspected of being killed by guy who killed a pizza delivery guy in order to disguise himself to get exec to answer the door. Killer is linked to a prison white supremacist group. Suspicion is a shock caller called for the hit placed by a Saudi denied a request to serve sentence in home country. Killer gets in a shoot out and killed in Texas after a high speed chase and shooting an officer. Turns out the governor is friends of the killer's dad who is a Boulder lawyer and governor is questioned if he paroled killer early because of relationship with dad. Sounds like Hollywood but its not. Stay tuned...this is getting very interesting.
you just confused the hell out of me, got a link from someone who can actually write in a way that I can understand what you are talking about?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #7
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280
 
Broncos Over All

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

211 is the penal code for robbery. Unfortunately when you send criminals to prison they have to join or get seriously messed up. Product of the penal/justice system.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #8
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,547
Default

If only there was a law that could prevent people from killing people..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #9
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,167

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
you just confused the hell out of me, got a link from someone who can actually write in a way that I can understand what you are talking about?
A few years ago (edit: 2006) a Saudi man from a wealthy influential family was convicted of enslavement and sexual assault for keeping his house cleaner trapped for a long period of time.

He gets life in prison in Colorado and his rich parents try to get him shipped to Saudi to finish his sentence. He is repeatedly declined transfer because they know he will be granted freedom because of rich daddy.

Fast forward to a year ago and the appointment of the new head of corrections for the state of Colorado. A respected and fair man, known for reforming and streamlining prisons.

Now fast forward again to last week and someone shoots this awesome head of prisons in the front porch of his house. A manhunt ensues and protection for the Governor is increased. That last part is interesting, they quickly beefed up security for him.

News quickly broke that there may be a tie between this Saudi prisoner and the murder of the prison commish. You see, not but a few weeks ago he denied another transfer request because the prisoner had refused to do mandatory sexual predator counseling as ordered by court. Apparently this transfer request is frequent and the rich daddy in Saudi Arabia is constantly putting pressure on e government to make the transfer happen.

The day before this commissioner was murdered, some poor pizza guy got sent on a delivery to a vacant lot, where he ended up being murdered. A seemingly unrelated murder. Yet when the high speed chase resulted in this murderer being killed in Texas pieces started to come together that this guy was the one who murdered the pizza guy. The car he was driving was the same reported in e area when prison commish was killed.

So how does this all get tied together like some movie script? It turns out when Hickenlooper was a geologist he became close friends with a rich Boulder attorney. Who happens to be the father of the man accused of killing pizza guy and possibly the commissioner of prisoners. The commissioner who was appointed by Hickenlooper, who is friends with the dad of the guy who killed the commissioner.

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 03-22-2013 at 10:35 PM..
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #10
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,547
Default

Gee...I wonder if security for the governor have AR-15's with 30 round mags?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #11
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,167

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Here is story about the prison official denying transfer:

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22...try?source=pkg

Here is story about Dominoes Pizza Guy:
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword..._recycling.php

Story about ties of prison official being tied to Saudi guy:
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/prisons-bos...102018263.html

Story linking all three parties:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...sons-boss?lite

Story about Governor friendship:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...f-slaying?lite
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #12
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,775
Default

Lets clear some things up here:

Yes Hickenlooper is friends with the probable killers father. The kid was not paroled early or given any special treatment really. He served his full sentence and was released.

During that sentence he was held in solitary confinement for basically the entire term. His father believed (before these killings) that it had led to real degeneration in his mental state. Hickenlooper even referenced it in the press conference he gave after the commissioner was murdered.

Lets keep our facts straight please.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #13
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,167

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Lets clear some things up here:

Yes Hickenlooper is friends with the probable killers father. The kid was not paroled early or given any special treatment really. He served his full sentence and was released.

During that sentence he was held in solitary confinement for basically the entire term. His father believed (before these killings) that it had led to real degeneration in his mental state. Hickenlooper even referenced it in the press conference he gave after the commissioner was murdered.

Lets keep our facts straight please.
Who has their fact wrong? I never said he paroled him early.

In fact it is even weirder in the press conference about the prisoner officials murder, the Governor indirectly referenced the accused murder. In that he hired the official because he was known to reduce the amount of solitary confinement used in prisons.. Something that was reportedly driving the accused killer insane while in prison. All Hickenlooper tried to do was help.

Again, who has their facts wrong? No one said Hickenlooper got this guy out early. Edit: never mind I see the reference in the OP

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 03-22-2013 at 10:58 PM..
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:19 PM   #14
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator
 
tesnyde's Avatar
 
Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Who has their fact wrong? I never said he paroled him early.

In fact it is even weirder in the press conference about the prisoner officials murder, the Governor indirectly referenced the accused murder. In that he hired the official because he was known to reduce the amount of solitary confinement used in prisons.. Something that was reportedly driving the accused killer insane while in prison. All Hickenlooper tried to do was help.

Again, who has their facts wrong? No one said Hickenlooper got this guy out early. Edit: never mind I see the reference in the OP
I said he was QUESTIONED about it. Doesn't mean he did or did not do it. http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...ist?source=pkg

Last edited by tesnyde; 03-22-2013 at 11:26 PM..
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #15
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 31,167

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesnyde View Post
I said he was QUESTIONED about it. Doesn't mean he did or did not. http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...ist?source=pkg
Yeah that is why I used the term "referenced"
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #16
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator
 
tesnyde's Avatar
 
Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 949
Default

I had lunch with a couple of friends who're are police officers the other day. Their initial take on the pizza guys death was that the murder was a hit, probably Zetas because of the multiple shots to the head. They thought someone definitely wanted him dead and it was more than just robbery. It is just crazy how it is now being investigated as connected to the Tom Clements case.
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:44 AM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
211 is the penal code for robbery. Unfortunately when you send criminals to prison they have to join or get seriously messed up. Product of the penal/justice system.
Which is why we need serious prison reform. One of the untalked about issues in our country. But its not only a social issue but an economic one and should be handled. Problem is the states having the courts force them to integrate the prisons. That was a huge mistake.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:22 AM   #18
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Which is why we need serious prison reform. One of the untalked about issues in our country. But its not only a social issue but an economic one and should be handled. Problem is the states having the courts force them to integrate the prisons. That was a huge mistake.
I agree. Less people need to be going to prison as a whole, this is the result of a systemic problem in our society and I'll be a broken record on this, it's because of the father issue and/or the breakdown of traditional marriage, forcing one parent raise the child which is almost always the mother.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #19
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Hickenloopy apparently knows the killer's father and Hickenloop chimped out yesterday when a 9News reporter went and interviewed him about the murder and his ties to the family. He threatened to throw the reporter out and deny him access for hurting his feelings.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:48 PM.


Denver Broncos