The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #76
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Brown's Pro Day results if anybody is interested.

Arthur Brown, LB (6 1/2, 236 pounds) 40-yard dash in 4.67 and 4.68 seconds. He recorded a 32 1/2-inch vertical jump, a 4.31-second shuttle drill, a 7.07-second three-cone drill and performed 21 reps of 225 pounds.
OR

Kansas State LB Arthur Brown ran forty times in the 4.58-4.62 range at the Wildcats' Pro Day.
Brown didn't work out at the Combine due to a shoulder injury. He proceeded to "blow up" his Pro Day workout, according to NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline, tipping the scales at 6-foot-1, 236 and repping 225 pounds 21 times on the bench press. He was reportedly "sensational" in drill work. Writes Pauline of Brown, "We are hearing late-first round is now a possibility."
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #77
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Brown did not disappoint, running between a 4.58- and 4.62-second 40-yard dash and posting a 32.5-inch vertical jump. Perhaps most impressive, Brown got in 21 reps on the bench press, helping to assuage any concerns over the health of his shoulder.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...y-arthur-brown

In fact I only found one site suggesting that he ran slower then a 4.62.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #78
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I watched a bunch of video with Moore lined up as a half-field LB, and as a rush LB too. He demonstrated great instincts and speed from the inside position. Moore is a major playmaker, that's why UConn had him lined up as an outside rush threat much of the time. Not to mention he's a heckuva leader. Moore sheds blocks with ease, which is one of Brown's weaknesses.

Turns out I'm not the only one intested in Sio Moore as a prospect:

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver
UConn LB Sio Moore, a native of Liberia, said he met with #Broncos officials at the East-West Shrine Game.
I think the guy is a quality prospect, but the point is he never manned the MIKE position at UCONN and is going to be used as an OLB who rushes the passer at the next level. Putting him on the inside negates his greatest strength as a player. It is simply not going to happen.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #79
pricejj
jungle

nfldraftscout has Arthur Brown's official time as 4.67.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #80
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

As the team sits now, I think in order we need:

MLB
DE
DT
RB

With the holes we currently have, I am not in the camp that we have the luxury to draft "Quality back ups" We need players that have potential of starting this year.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:49 PM   #81
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...4/arthur-brown

03/13/2013 - 2013 Kansas State Pro Day: After missing the Senior Bowl and most of the drills at the combine due to a shoulder injury, Kansas State linebacker Arthur Brown knew that he had questions to answer at his Pro Day. "I've been preparing for this day for the past month," Brown told NFLDraftScout.com via a telephone interview shortly after his workout, Tuesday. "I was ready."

Brown answered the most important question early on, proving the health of his shoulder by lifting the bar 21 times during the bench press drill. Later, the 6-0, 241-pound linebacker answered any concerns about his straight-line speed, timing between 4.56-4.66 seconds in the 40-yard dash, according to multiple sources in Manhattan. "I honestly don't know what my time was," Brown said. "They didn't tell me that but I felt good and I am confident that the scouts and coaches who were there watching us got a fair evaluation of what I can do."

There were representatives of 24 teams at Kansas State's Pro Day and Brown said among them were linebacker coaches for the Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars and Pittsburgh Steelers. As a further indication of the interest teams have in the back to back All-Big 12 linebacker, he has six private workouts and three visits lined up already. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
Old 03-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #82
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Where do you think the Broncos want to use Moore? On the outside as rush LB? I find that highly unlikely. He however, does have that ability (like Woodyard), and would be a fierce blitzer.

I don't agree with your post. I think Moore would be outstanding as a half-field LB, which is exactly how the Broncos envision using him.

Last edited by pricejj; 03-22-2013 at 02:52 PM..
Old 03-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #83
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

The Broncos should be able to get three immediate contributors with the depth of the class this year. I am usually not a proponent of trading up, but if they can flip their third and a fifth to move up into the Top 75 of the third round, I'd be extremely excited. Obviously, I'd prefer to trade down, but I think they should put themselves in the position to get some of the best players on their board and forget having to settle. We need to win now.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #84
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Where do you think the Broncos want to use Moore? On the outside as rush LB? I find that highly unlikely.
Not at middle linebacker. He can play either place outside and lines up on the line a lot.

Quote:
I don't agree with your post. I think Moore would be outstanding as a half-field LB, which is exactly how the Broncos envision using him.
Don't agree with what? He isn't an ILB. Why do you think the Broncos would use him at MIKE when he has spent his whole collegiate career on the outside? I just watched all his defensive snaps against Temple and Louisville and he was doing what Von does down on the line a majority of the time, but also had extensive play off right side of the defensive formation.

When he is in pass coverage, he performs quite well. However, he is not an ILB and his best strength is getting after the passer. Trevardo Williams (Elvis Dumervil) and Sio Moore (Von Dumervil). Do you get what I am saying? He is not a MIKE candidate.

And how the hell would you know how the Broncos want to use him? You mean at a position he didn't play?
Old 03-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #85
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
And how the hell would you know how the Broncos want to use him? You mean at a position he didn't play?
Get real. Moore has a vast array of abilities, he's one of the best athletes in the draft, and can do ANYTHING at the LB position. He lined up on the inside sometimes, and even lined up in the slot.

Most of the time, UCONN used Moore in the Von Miller role, which I'm pretty sure is not the reason Denver was looking at him during the East West Shrine Game. Blitzes aren't allowed during the Shrine Game, or the Senior Bowl, and Moore dominated both from the LB position...not DE.

Sio Moore - "I can play anywhere on the field."

Last edited by pricejj; 03-22-2013 at 04:48 PM..
Old 03-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #86
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Except he never played MIKE in school and was hardly ever one of only two LBs being on the field. Let me know when he plays MIKE in the NFL. Lol, k?
Old 03-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #87
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Surprised more people arent suggesting at TE. Sure we have someone in Tamme who is very familiar with PFM but overall we have a couple of projects and are overall very very average at the position. It would be nice to have someone who is a mismatch for whatever the D does. Granted they dont grow on trees.

That being said, I havent started to look more in what this draft has at TE.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #88
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

In case anyone cares, here's the Citation X that John flies around in when scouting them there draft picks:

Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #89
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
In case anyone cares, here's the Citation X that John flies around in when scouting them there draft picks:

The way people talk about our owner I picture Elway traveling more in something like this...
Old 03-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #90
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
1.(#28) Desmond Trufant CB, Washington
2.(#58) John Jenkins, NT, Georgia
3.(#90) Jon Bostic, MLB, Florida
4.(#125) Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
5.(#161) Josh Boyce, WR, TCU
7.(#234) Earl Wolff, S, North Carolina State
I like Latimore in the 4th but Denver will need a player that can play in training camp. In your draft senario Denver enters the season with the same RBs they had last year.

I would like them to take Lacy in the first and then Latimore in the 4th would be awesome. Place Latimore on IR the first season and get him healthy.

I honestly think some team will grab Latimore in the 3rd round though.

I don't think there is anyway Jenkins makes it to Denver in the 2nd. That would be awesome.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #91
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I like Latimore in the 4th but Denver will need a player that can play in training camp. In your draft senario Denver enters the season with the same RBs they had last year.

I would like them to take Lacy in the first and then Latimore in the 4th would be awesome. Place Latimore on IR the first season and get him healthy.

I don't think there is anyway Jenkins makes it to Denver in the 2nd. That would be awesome.
SF is the perfect landing spot for Latimore. Plenty of picks to choose from and they don't need him to get to the Super Bowl this year
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #92
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
SF is the perfect landing spot for Latimore. Plenty of picks to choose from and they don't need him to get to the Super Bowl this year
Yeah, SF will be very active during the draft. It is amazing how many picks they have.

They will be cutting some good players this year.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:16 AM   #93
lookin' glass
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, SF will be very active during the draft. It is amazing how many picks they have.

They will be cutting some good players this year.
I've read they are very interested in Cyprien the safety if not outright in the 1st at least the early second they received for Alex Smith.
lookin' glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #94
mopatt24
Seasoned Veteran

Even if Doom doesn't return, DE will not be an early priory for the Broncos. Freeney or Abraham will fill that role in rotation with Ayers. With signing a guy like Stewart Bradley, I believe MLB will be the priority for the Broncos, and the first pick. May not be in the first round though. I think they trade out of 28. MLB, S, RB is my guess

On another note, I cant shake the feeling that if Teo is there at 28, Elway will take him. Just don't know what to think about that scenario
mopatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #95
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Assuming Doom comes back
1.Jonathan Cyprien
2.Manti Te'o
3.Giovanni Bernard
4.Brandon Williams
5.Knile Davis
7.OL

if Doom doesn't come back
1.Eddie Lacy
2.Sam Montgomery
3.Jon Bostic
4.Brandon Williams
5.Shamarko Thomas
7.Marcus Lattimore
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #96
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

1. Damantre Moore - DE
2. Manti Te'o - MLB
3. Jonathan Cyprien - S
4. Stephan Taylor - RB
5. Ryan Swope - WR

This would be the haul that I would like. Whomever we take with the 7th...won't matter much anway. I could see all 5 of these guys contributing right away.
Hamrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:06 AM   #97
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

1- Matt Elam, S, Florida- Love this kid. He's all over the field, plays with controlled aggression, and is a field general who I think can quickly develop into the type of emotional leader on defense that this team has lacked for years.

2-Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State- Solid Physical CB who can be equally effective in Man or Zone. This is a little bit of a need pick versus BPA because we're looking desperately thin at CB after the 2013, but I think that Taylor has good value here regardless and will develop into a very good NFL corner.

3-Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford- Probably the most underrated player in the draft this year, he would be a perfect RB for a Manning led offense. Great in Pass pro and catching the ball out for the backfield. Not flashy as a runner, but runs downhill and can be shifty in tight spaces.

-Andre Ellington would be my backup RB if Stepfan is off the board.

4-Kiko Alonso, ILB, Oregon- I think this guy could be a very solid modern day Mike. Rangy, great coverage and blitzing ability. At the very least will be a great ST addition.

5-Chris Jones, DT, Bowling Green- High Motor with the ability to get after the QB from the inside, and hey he's white!

7-Quanterus Smith, DE, Western Kentucky- Draft this guy and stash him on IR as a rookie. First round talent who tore an ACL late last year.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #98
Denver724
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...4/arthur-brown

03/13/2013 - 2013 Kansas State Pro Day: After missing the Senior Bowl and most of the drills at the combine due to a shoulder injury, Kansas State linebacker Arthur Brown knew that he had questions to answer at his Pro Day. "I've been preparing for this day for the past month," Brown told NFLDraftScout.com via a telephone interview shortly after his workout, Tuesday. "I was ready."

Brown answered the most important question early on, proving the health of his shoulder by lifting the bar 21 times during the bench press drill. Later, the 6-0, 241-pound linebacker answered any concerns about his straight-line speed, timing between 4.56-4.66 seconds in the 40-yard dash, according to multiple sources in Manhattan. "I honestly don't know what my time was," Brown said. "They didn't tell me that but I felt good and I am confident that the scouts and coaches who were there watching us got a fair evaluation of what I can do."

There were representatives of 24 teams at Kansas State's Pro Day and Brown said among them were linebacker coaches for the Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars and Pittsburgh Steelers. As a further indication of the interest teams have in the back to back All-Big 12 linebacker, he has six private workouts and three visits lined up already. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
I love Brown. I doubt if he's there though. I can also see them trading down and take a player like Amerson with their 1st pick. Just a feeling. Big tall corner who matches up well against big WR.

I also like DE's Carradine and Moore with the 28th pick.
Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #99
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
1- Matt Elam, S, Florida- Love this kid. He's all over the field, plays with controlled aggression, and is a field general who I think can quickly develop into the type of emotional leader on defense that this team has lacked for years.

2-Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State- Solid Physical CB who can be equally effective in Man or Zone. This is a little bit of a need pick versus BPA because we're looking desperately thin at CB after the 2013, but I think that Taylor has good value here regardless and will develop into a very good NFL corner.

3-Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford- Probably the most underrated player in the draft this year, he would be a perfect RB for a Manning led offense. Great in Pass pro and catching the ball out for the backfield. Not flashy as a runner, but runs downhill and can be shifty in tight spaces.

-Andre Ellington would be my backup RB if Stepfan is off the board.

4-Kiko Alonso, ILB, Oregon- I think this guy could be a very solid modern day Mike. Rangy, great coverage and blitzing ability. At the very least will be a great ST addition.

5-Chris Jones, DT, Bowling Green- High Motor with the ability to get after the QB from the inside, and hey he's white!

7-Quanterus Smith, DE, Western Kentucky- Draft this guy and stash him on IR as a rookie. First round talent who tore an ACL late last year.

i love Elam, would love to get him. though i think value wise he can be had in the 2nd, but likely wouldn't last to our 2nd rounder.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:30 PM   #100
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

I think I undervalued all my draft picks, I bet a guy like Wolff is taken well before the 7th round.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote