The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 05:32 AM   #276
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
Sorry, but you've lost me here. "Save Lives"?? How so? The Libs have decriminalized pot and have YET to decide if it's legal to drive high but they have the GALL to pass laws that "tax" background checks (code for making the state money).

They told MagPul that they "could continue to build the high capacity magazines, and sell them OUTSIDE the state". So, it's OK for these evil magazines to somehow kill people in OTHER states, just not in Colorado. Hypocrites. For the record, Magazines, regardless of their size, are incapable of killing anyone.

MagPul s leaving the state, rather than bow to the state. Good for them. Unfortunately, not so good for the jobs that they provided the people in Colorado.

In time, Hippielooper will be voted out. The democrats will be voted out.
that is just like in Connecticut where before the alleged Sandy Hook shooting the governor offered the company that makes the Bushmaster AR 15 a tax break and incentives to move their home office to Stamford.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:40 AM   #277
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,934

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Maybe you hysterical gun advocates would fear your government a little less if you controlled it a bit more? That's the other part of the equation the founders set up: We're supposed to be in charge of it. And that predates the second amendment. The government is supposed to be us. If it's not, then why not? That's where your fear should be directed. Instead of arming yourself, why don't you take back your government? You want to know where the war against Islamic terrorism was born? It's the blow-back from actions of the oil companies in the region going back to the '30s. We spilled the blood of Americans in Iraq, and flushed a trillion of our wealth, to benefit oil market stability. You think George Washington would have approved of that?

America's foreign policy is decided by global corporations. They write our trade policies for us. Our energy policy is written by energy corporations. Our health care policy is written by the insurance industry and Big Pharma. Our credit policy is written by bankers. There have been times our representatives didn't even read the bills that were handed to them by their corporate bosses and couldn't even tell you what's in them. Our government represents 1% of the people. It's all there in the numbers. Follow the money.

You can buy all the guns and ammo you can get your hands on, you're never going to outgun an Apache helicopter, or even a simple unmanned drone.

Last edited by Rohirrim; 03-22-2013 at 05:46 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:04 AM   #278
JimmyFocus
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
sure...keep telling yourself that.



Keep in mind they'll exempt themselves from whatever laws they pass.....
just because some lady says that is what she wants to do doesn't mean anything. The government is never going to overturn the 2nd amendment. You could be paranoid for the both of us if that makes you feel better. I know it has no chance of happening.
JimmyFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:07 AM   #279
JimmyFocus
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
While I subscribe to the belief that most criminals are stupid people, I'm pretty sure most of them already know that they can't pass a background check and use alternate sources to obtain their weapons.

So if background checks will reduce the number of criminals acquiring guns, would you support a law that states those of us who pass a background check to have whatever weapon we choose?

Afterall, if these in depth tougher background check says I'm a safe, law abiding citizen with no mental problems...why can't I own a rocket launcher?
No I like where they drew the line in the sand on what you can and cant own. You already couldn't own a rocket launcher. They just moved the line. If a criminal had a chose of going to the black market or ordering online. Which one is easier. Now this law takes away one choice making it harder. Im all for that.
JimmyFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #280
Elway 4 Life
Pass rushers apply here!
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,822

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Honestly, if Jetmeck isn't a troll, he needs to go back to highschool before anything else.

That said, the kid is absolutely lacking in common sense, and any sort of debate with him is a waste of time because he can't comprehend facts, sense, and empirical evidence.
Rep! Could not have said it better. I cringe when this clueless idiot posts. Always so over the top with NO FACTS to support his diarrhea mouth.
Elway 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #281
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,627
Default

^ Great post, Roh.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #282
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,201
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Maybe you hysterical gun advocates would fear your government a little less if you controlled it a bit more? That's the other part of the equation the founders set up: We're supposed to be in charge of it. And that predates the second amendment. The government is supposed to be us. If it's not, then why not? That's where your fear should be directed. Instead of arming yourself, why don't you take back your government? You want to know where the war against Islamic terrorism was born? It's the blow-back from actions of the oil companies in the region going back to the '30s. We spilled the blood of Americans in Iraq, and flushed a trillion of our wealth, to benefit oil market stability. You think George Washington would have approved of that?

America's foreign policy is decided by global corporations. They write our trade policies for us. Our energy policy is written by energy corporations. Our health care policy is written by the insurance industry and Big Pharma. Our credit policy is written by bankers. There have been times our representatives didn't even read the bills that were handed to them by their corporate bosses and couldn't even tell you what's in them. Our government represents 1% of the people. It's all there in the numbers. Follow the money.

You can buy all the guns and ammo you can get your hands on, you're never going to outgun an Apache helicopter, or even a simple unmanned drone.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:29 AM   #283
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,939

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Real one....purchased it from a retired Master Gunnery Sgt. back in 1982, who was going thru a divorce and needed some cash.
Nice!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #284
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
It's the blow-back from actions of the oil companies in the region going back to the '30s.
This is a pretty naive reading of history. You do realize at that point it was either us (with the British) or the Germans don't you? Many Arabs might've preferred Germany, for obvious reasons.

Guess we should've just let N Africa and the middle east orbit the Axis instead. That would've fixed everything, in a "final solution" sense.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #285
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
No need for a 30 round magazine or AR-15, right? Just sit in your car and wait for the police to arrive.....

That video is racists!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #286
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,939

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Like he explains in the video, culture doesn't matter. Japan and Sweden are about as different as can be, as he points out, and reach a more balanced economy in completely different ways. It's strictly the economics. The most unequal societies (U.S. being the worst in the world) have the most societal issues across the board, from violence, to suicide, to mental illness, etc etc. It's just the numbers.
He washes over culture like it doesn't matter but the fact is America is dealing with much more diversity than Japan and Sweden, the only other nation he keeps pointing at as failing is the UK and the UK is pretty diverse too. He's talking about poverty being the key issue, yes? That is, the poor simply don't do as well as the affluent. This is not some great revelation! His only angle is that this is the case in modern societies, countries like the USA and UK! Wow, really?? Wow!! What a friggen awesome discovery!!

This guy is not saying anything new. He's not even original.

I contend that in the USA nothing will get better for the poor until the nuclear family is re-enforced and the father remains in the home, raising the kids. Period, end of story. This alone will help a plethora of problems, one of them being wealth. Giving money to the poor because they are poor doesn't help them CHANGE. This has proven to be the case already in the inner cities in the USA where the welfare state has enabled the poor to remain poor.

Sorry Roh, but I disagree with the premis of the video, on at least a few different points.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #287
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
This is a pretty naive reading of history. You do realize at that point it was either us (with the British) or the Germans don't you? Many Arabs might've preferred Germany, for obvious reasons.

Guess we should've just let N Africa and the middle east orbit the Axis instead. That would've fixed everything, in a "final solution" sense.
The United States went there after Britain was kicked out. Britain was there decades upon decades before WWI/WWII even started. Britain's motivations for being in the Arab world are similar to ours.

You should read up on Haj Amin al-Husseini, his ties to the Axis powers and what the main reasons for their mutual relationship were. Those are the "obvious reasons."

Drang nach Osten was thwarted immediately and when Rommel was defeated in Africa, that was the end of Germany's quench for oil in the Middle East.

Last edited by Requiem; 03-22-2013 at 08:48 AM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #288
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,814

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
These new laws will make the criminals think twice before breaking them.


end thread/
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #289
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
The United States went there after Britain was kicked out. Britain was there decades upon decades before WWI/WWII even started. Britain's motivations for being in the Arab world are similar to ours.

You should read up on Haj Amin al-Husseini, his ties to the Axis powers and what the main reasons for their mutual relationship were. Those are the "obvious reasons.
I've read about Haj before. He's a good glimpse at what the alternative to today's middle-eastern power structure could have looked like. The status quo is not perfect by any stretch. And we're not blameless. But as in many other cases of lamenting American involvement, it's important to look at what the realistic (as opposed to fantasmical) alternatives were.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:14 AM   #290
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I've read about Haj before. He's a good glimpse at what the alternative to today's middle-eastern power structure could have looked like. The status quo is not perfect by any stretch. And we're not blameless. But as in many other cases of lamenting American involvement, it's important to look at what the realistic (as opposed to fantasmical) alternatives were.
Except the U.S. and British involvement in the Middle East for oil had very little to do with not allowing the Axis powers to get it. That just happened to be a consequence of the geopolitics during World War II because the Nazi's wanted to restrict Soviet access to oil in the Caucuses because it would hinder any move they could make into Europe. It would be very hard to argue given historical facts that Germany ever had an interest on monopolizing Middle Eastern oil like we or Britain did.

The alliance Germany had with highly-esteemed Arabs and their respective nations was due to mutual interest in uprooting and eradicating Jews. The Arabs weren't interested in Germany having free-for-all access to their resources, nor would they ever let them. There are various instances throughout this time frame that illustrate that point emphatically. They went with the Axis because of the old reliable, "The enemy of the enemy is your friend."

Instead of being greedy, the United States should have learned from the British failure in the Middle East and Asia and just stayed the heck away. It is of no surprise, that we are targeting the exact same geographic regions the country that the founding fathers all abandoned. Funny how **** works. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Last edited by Requiem; 03-22-2013 at 09:18 AM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #291
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Except the U.S. and British involvement in the Middle East for oil had very little to do with not allowing the Axis powers to get it. That just happened to be a consequence of the geopolitics during World War II because the Nazi's wanted to restrict Soviet access to oil in the Caucuses because it would hinder any move they could make into Europe. It would be very hard to argue given historical facts that Germany ever had an interest on monopolizing Middle Eastern oil like we or Britain did.

The alliance Germany had with highly-esteemed Arabs and their respective nations was due to mutual interest in uprooting and eradicating Jews. The Arabs weren't interested in Germany having free-for-all access to their resources, nor would they ever let them. There are various instances throughout this time frame that illustrate that point emphatically. They went with the Axis because of the old reliable, "The enemy of the enemy is your friend."

Instead of being greedy, the United States should have learned from the British failure in the Middle East and Asia and just stayed the heck away. It is of no surprise, that we are targeting the exact same geographic regions the country that the founding fathers all abandoned. Funny how **** works. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
The whole world was an oil stage at that point in history. Everyone understood the implications. I'm not saying we went in with the noblest intentions simply to prevent the Germans from having it. I'm saying if it wasn't us, it would've been someone else (Germany) and the implications could have been far more disastrous than the realities we live with today.

And the last lesson anyone should ever draw is that Arabs were just innocent victims in the whole thing, and if only they'd been left alone, world peace would've been achieved by now. This **** goes back to at least the 7th century.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #292
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,041

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The whole world was an oil stage at that point in history. Everyone understood the implications. I'm not saying we went in with the noblest intentions simply to prevent the Germans from having it. I'm saying if it wasn't us, it would've been someone else (Germany) and the implications could have been far more disastrous than the realities we live with today.
The Germans never had it in the first place. And how would it have been more disastrous if Germany would have got it? The Arabs would have done the same thing they did to Britain and what they did with us. The situation probably remains the same.

Quote:
And the last lesson anyone should ever draw is that Arabs were just innocent victims in the whole thing, and if only they'd been left alone, world peace would've been achieved by now. This **** goes back to at least the 7th century.
I don't think anyone drew that conclusion, but considering that Eurasia and the Middle East has been the crossroad of humanitarian conflict since before Christ had a crew-cut, it's quite easy to see why the region is in perpetual conflict. The list of reasons goes on forever, but the fact that outside countries have always pissed and meddled in their affairs DOES NOT help.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #293
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,934

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
He washes over culture like it doesn't matter but the fact is America is dealing with much more diversity than Japan and Sweden, the only other nation he keeps pointing at as failing is the UK and the UK is pretty diverse too. He's talking about poverty being the key issue, yes? That is, the poor simply don't do as well as the affluent. This is not some great revelation! His only angle is that this is the case in modern societies, countries like the USA and UK! Wow, really?? Wow!! What a friggen awesome discovery!!

This guy is not saying anything new. He's not even original.

I contend that in the USA nothing will get better for the poor until the nuclear family is re-enforced and the father remains in the home, raising the kids. Period, end of story. This alone will help a plethora of problems, one of them being wealth. Giving money to the poor because they are poor doesn't help them CHANGE. This has proven to be the case already in the inner cities in the USA where the welfare state has enabled the poor to remain poor.

Sorry Roh, but I disagree with the premis of the video, on at least a few different points.
No. He's not talking about poverty per se. He's not even saying that curing poverty is the cure. He's saying that his studies show that it is the size of the gap separating the rich and poor that makes the difference.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #294
Randall Flagg
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFocus View Post
just because some lady says that is what she wants to do doesn't mean anything. The government is never going to overturn the 2nd amendment. You could be paranoid for the both of us if that makes you feel better. I know it has no chance of happening.
If I recall, Feinstein is the broad that was busted for carrying a concealed weapon - but no worries - she was never prosecuted. After all - she is important (at least in some folks' eyes)......


Look, it's really not terribly hard too understand here...The "so-called" politicians in Denver are doing the usual "knee-jerk" response that politicians ALWAYS do. Are they holding the so called "mental health" professionals that allowed these monsters to walk among you accountable? Of course not.

It's only my opinion, but if we begin to hold these "doctors" responsible for not reporting these whackadoodles to the authorities, hell, put some of these "doctors" in prison - we will see these mass shootings begin to wind down

Last edited by Randall Flagg; 03-22-2013 at 11:17 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #295
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,934

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
This is a pretty naive reading of history. You do realize at that point it was either us (with the British) or the Germans don't you? Many Arabs might've preferred Germany, for obvious reasons.

Guess we should've just let N Africa and the middle east orbit the Axis instead. That would've fixed everything, in a "final solution" sense.
Naive? I await the day you come up with something that has anything to do with the issue, but I have little hope it will ever happen. The U.S. was in control of the Saudi oil fields before Germany invaded Poland. And no, the Arabs would not have "preferred" the Germans. Why? Because the Germans were allied with the Ottoman Empire with whom the Arabs were fighting a ****ing war. Jesus. Haven't you ever seen Lawrence of Arabia? Like I keep telling you, sometimes it's better to just remain silent.

When we overthrew Mossadeq in Iran were we trying to keep the oil away from the Germans? Or is it because he nationalized the oil companies? And who are Britain and the U.S. to tell some country they can't nationalize their own resources? You know who we did that for? BP. The same ****ers who just destroyed the Gulf Coast.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #296
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,939

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
No. He's not talking about poverty per se. He's not even saying that curing poverty is the cure. He's saying that his studies show that it is the size of the gap separating the rich and poor that makes the difference.
It's the size of the gap! I keed. Ok, but then how do you change the gappage? That is what I'm getting at.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #297
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,495
Default

Rho is right. The poor people are not pulling their weight and have fallen way to far behind.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #298
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Naive? I await the day you come up with something that has anything to do with the issue, but I have little hope it will ever happen. The U.S. was in control of the Saudi oil fields before Germany invaded Poland. And no, the Arabs would not have "preferred" the Germans. Why? Because the Germans were allied with the Ottoman Empire with whom the Arabs were fighting a ****ing war. Jesus. Haven't you ever seen Lawrence of Arabia? Like I keep telling you, sometimes it's better to just remain silent.
Lolz. I guess when you said "The 30's" you really only meant 1939. BTW, oil wasn't even really discovered in Saudi Arabia until 1938. There was no meaningful production there in "The 30's" But more importantly, Arabs aren't confined to Saudi Arabia. Middle Eastern Oil was first brought online around the Persian gulf.

As for the rest of your "history" lesson, you need to go back and read up. The German/Ottoman alliance was more one of convenience than anything. But your real problem is that that was World War I era, as was the Arab Revolt... and again you're talking about the 1930's. The Ottoman Empire no longer existed by then.

The idea that Arab's wouldn't have tolerated German masters just as happily (if not more so) than Anglo-American ones is laughable. To a rational person, we were the far lesser of two evils.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 03-22-2013 at 12:48 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:54 PM   #299
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,934

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Rho is right. The poor people are not pulling their weight and have fallen way to far behind.
Actually, over the last forty years, American workers have increased their productivity and hours at work while getting paid less.
http://visualizingeconomics.com/blog/2013/3/4/wages
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #300
jerseyboiler120
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Actually, over the last forty years, American workers have increased their productivity and hours at work while getting paid less.
http://visualizingeconomics.com/blog/2013/3/4/wages
Yes because we're paying more in taxes and "fees" to support "the society". You do know nobamacare is a huge tax don't you? Or are you such a blind nobama follower to believe its all koombaya?
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Denver Broncos