The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #851
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Great game and was big time playoff feel. They are doing this without Perry as he is ending his 4 game suspension. I am feeling pretty confident that this will be the Conference match-up but I think the Kings will have something to say about it when it is all done. Blues, I feel, are a team not to miss with for the playoffs.
that one hurt, but the team that played for 60 minutes won
Old 03-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #852
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

That was a beautiful Hockey game last night, Go Ducks!

My poor Canes...
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #853
DivineLegion

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Marty nets one thanks to Jordan Staal, and another lethargic 2nd buried the Canes.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #854
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Kings live and die by the forecheck, and dont have the depth. Too many injuries.
Blues have their janitor as their back-up goalie right now. They have a nice thing goin, but i doubt it lasts.

ANA is loaded. Everywhere. If they stay healthy, its gonna be real hard to beat this team.
Wouldnt suprise me to see CHI drop a bunch of games now.
FTR, I think Anaheim is a great team. Selanne, Beauchemin and Koivu are great veterans to have around the core guys of Perry, Getzlaf and Ryan.

Now (you knew this was coming), I THINK Boudreau has learned from his stint in Washington much like Therien learned from his stint in Pittsburgh, but it remains to be seen come playoff time.

When the pressure was on, Boudreau did not adjust at all against Montreal and began his downfall in DC. Against the Rangers the following year, Jason Arnott had to tell him to calm down.

In Hershey, proud winners of many Calder Cups, a lot of fans were very surprised that a team that plays wide open Boudreau hockey could "win a Cup"

I like Bruce a lot. I think he would be a cool dude to grab a beer with, but he still has to prove he can beat counterattack teams and adjust to what the other team is doing.

Good luck to you this postseason. I will always root for Bruce and I would like to think he has learned from past experiences. It's going to be fun to find out.

edit: Beating LA/MIN/STL type team convincingly in the 1st round would be a big boost for Boudreau. Those teams are likely to try and play counterattack hockey and wait to cash in on mistakes of the O-ffensive Boudreau Ducks.

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 03-21-2013 at 09:20 PM..
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:01 AM   #855
canadianbroncosfan

Wowza

Old 03-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #856
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
FTR, I think Anaheim is a great team. Selanne, Beauchemin and Koivu are great veterans to have around the core guys of Perry, Getzlaf and Ryan.

Now (you knew this was coming), I THINK Boudreau has learned from his stint in Washington much like Therien learned from his stint in Pittsburgh, but it remains to be seen come playoff time.

When the pressure was on, Boudreau did not adjust at all against Montreal and began his downfall in DC. Against the Rangers the following year, Jason Arnott had to tell him to calm down.

In Hershey, proud winners of many Calder Cups, a lot of fans were very surprised that a team that plays wide open Boudreau hockey could "win a Cup"

I like Bruce a lot. I think he would be a cool dude to grab a beer with, but he still has to prove he can beat counterattack teams and adjust to what the other team is doing.

Good luck to you this postseason. I will always root for Bruce and I would like to think he has learned from past experiences. It's going to be fun to find out.

edit: Beating LA/MIN/STL type team convincingly in the 1st round would be a big boost for Boudreau. Those teams are likely to try and play counterattack hockey and wait to cash in on mistakes of the O-ffensive Boudreau Ducks.
We will see. Boudreau still messes with the lines alot, but its working.
He also has very skilled defensemen this time. Veterans and youth playing really well, and that can make up for mistakes. Souray, Beauchemin, Fowler, Lydman, Sbisa, Lovejoy are ALL playing incredible hockey.
I think that this more than anything is why ANA could be really tough come playoff time. Health too. Obviously.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #857
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Ten in a row. Pens to the Cup.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #858
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Ten in a row. Pens to the Cup.
The east outside the Bruins, Habs and Pens completely sucks so they have a good shot.

I'm still not convinced though with their goaltending and defense but we will see how they look post trade deadline.

I think this is one of those years where you could see the east win the Cup because that's how things work sometimes. Also, this year is not normal in the sense of the travel in condensed and more intense schedule. West team will have to deal with more fatigue issues with all that travel IMO.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #859
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
The east outside the Bruins, Habs and Pens completely sucks so they have a good shot.
The West is the same. 2 or 3 really good teams, then everyone else.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:47 AM   #860
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
2 really good teams and a large group of other teams.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #861
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
We will see. Boudreau still messes with the lines alot, but its working.
He also has very skilled defensemen this time. Veterans and youth playing really well, and that can make up for mistakes. Souray, Beauchemin, Fowler, Lydman, Sbisa, Lovejoy are ALL playing incredible hockey.
I think that this more than anything is why ANA could be really tough come playoff time. Health too. Obviously.
He mixes it up but gives confidence to those that earn it. If he wants speed on the 2nd line, he might bump Etam to it. I don't think most fans have had a problem with it but of course that is because we are winning. Face-off % has been good and of course Power play units have been top notch. They have great balance and any worry about virtego on Hiller (gyldenlove) has been pushed away as Faust has been sidelined. Depth has been the key.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #862
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
True, but I would say the West 4-10 are much better teams than 4-10 in East.

That's just my personal opinion from watching. Doesn't meant the East won't win the Cup Final, anything can happen.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #863
DivineLegion

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:

That's just my personal opinion from watching. Doesn't meant the East won't win the Cup Final, anything can happen.
Not really, you can point to key injuries as reasonable explanation for the Easts top down record. Carolina, Ottowa, New Jersey come to mind. That's your top six with Toronto, Winnipeg, and New York making a reasonable playoff bubble.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #864
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:

Much better? With zero interconference games, there's literally no way to make a statement like that with any confidence.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #865
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
He mixes it up but gives confidence to those that earn it. If he wants speed on the 2nd line, he might bump Etam to it. I don't think most fans have had a problem with it but of course that is because we are winning. Face-off % has been good and of course Power play units have been top notch. They have great balance and any worry about virtego on Hiller (gyldenlove) has been pushed away as Faust has been sidelined. Depth has been the key.
There is a lot of skill on the top 2 units and the 3rd line is a really solid group of energy guys who can provide a lot of pressure and forechecking - very reminiscent of the Draper, Maltby, Mccarty line.

It is still an emotional team and I am not sure how well they are going to handle it if things start going south, tonight they picked 3 fights and were lucky only to get 1 instigator penalty, if they revert to their old ways of taking too many dumb penalties I think they may be vulnerable.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #866
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:

You guys have killed it the last two games against WPG. I think they knew they absolutely had to have these games....and they got them.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #867
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
You guys have killed it the last two games against WPG. I think they knew they absolutely had to have these games....and they got them.
Yep, it seems that Laich has provided stability to the 2nd line with Brouwer and Ribeiro. Still missing a top line scoring wing, Johansson is not a top line player.

The defense is actually not bad with Orlov and Green back now. Carlson/Alzner/Green/Orlov/Oleksy/Erskine and Hillen as depth I can live with.

Will be interesting to see what they do outside the Southeast. They have struggled big time against the Atlantic and Northeast outside of Buffalo.

It's really amazing that as ****ty as they have played, they still have a shot at the Southeast or (maybe) the 8th seed

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 03-23-2013 at 11:02 PM..
Old 03-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #868
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Much better? With zero interconference games, there's literally no way to make a statement like that with any confidence.
Much better maybe too strong. Either way, it's just IMO given what I see.

I'm not trying to claim it as absolute truth
Old 03-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #869
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Not really, you can point to key injuries as reasonable explanation for the Easts top down record. Carolina, Ottowa, New Jersey come to mind. That's your top six with Toronto, Winnipeg, and New York making a reasonable playoff bubble.
Carolina is definitely underachieving. I guess the young guys on D didn't develop as fast as they hoped.

Ottawa is a damn good team, with injured guys back, they join that group of Pens, Bruins and Habs as top 4 in east.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:06 AM   #870
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Ottawa is getting amazing goaltending.....and Sarge for the first time in his career is shutdown in his own end. I'm happy for him...dude still has it.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #871
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Ready for your beatdown tonight socal ?

flyers havent lost a game in 6 days ( becasue they havent played one) and i have a feeling this is going to be the first time all year we go a full week without losing one.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #872
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Carolina is definitely underachieving. I guess the young guys on D didn't develop as fast as they hoped.

Ottawa is a damn good team, with injured guys back, they join that group of Pens, Bruins and Habs as top 4 in east.
Ottawa is overachieving like crazy behind a super hot goalie who is having the season of his life. Go ask in St Louis what happens the season after your goalie has that kind of once in a lifetime season, you return to the mean with a loud splat.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #873
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Lightning fired Coach Boucher. Less than two years from a Conference Finals Game 7. Ouch.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:54 AM   #874
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Lightning fired Coach Boucher. Less than two years from a Conference Finals Game 7. Ouch.
Yet the Avs refuse to fire Sacco...it's maddening!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #875
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Yet the Avs refuse to fire Sacco...it's maddening!
Ill trade ya

you guys take laviolette and well take sacco
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote