The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #26
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
1st round- Eric Reid FS
2nd round- Montae Ball RB
3rd round- Jon Bostic MLB
4th round- Kwame Geathers DT
5th round- Quanterus Smith DE
6th round- Ryan Swope WR
7th round- a guard
Broncos don't have a 6th round pick in this draft. Love Bostic, he's the fastest MLB in this draft...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #27
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

1st - Datone Jones, Eddie Lacy, Kawann Short, Matt Elam
2nd - Jordan Reed, Giovanni Bernard, Zach Ertz, Leon McFadden
3rd - Tyrann Mathieu, Mike Gillislee, Stepfan Taylor
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:27 PM   #28
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
lattimore was a third round pick before the injury...I wouldn't touch him until the 6th or 7th. And even then I'd rather take a shot at at Ray Graham. Lattimore never even returned to form from his first ACL injury...
Say what.... Lattimore was considered a first rounder,up until he hurt himself.. What..his current stock is well find out in April. And the only reason he is probably ranked so low is he is not fully ready to go
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #29
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I want a RB. Just because I feel like if we had a remotely serviceable one left last year in place of Moreno, we win the SB. I feel like his injury (very VERY expected from Moreno), cost us.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #30
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Say what.... Lattimore was considered a first rounder,up until he hurt himself.. What..his current stock is well find out in April. And the only reason he is probably ranked so low is he is not fully ready to go
Considered a first round pick by who? Fans? The talking heads? The media always pumps up certain guys, but the NFL scouts are concerned more about what the player puts on film...and since his first ACL injury, what he's put on film has been at a lower level than many of the other backs in the draft. Lattimore is tight hipped and leggy...a big back without much power or leverage when he runs. Not to mention the injury concerns.

I'm warming up to the idea of Montee Ball. Great elusiveness and makes something out of nothing with his lateral moves. He reminds me of Arian Foster a little bit...not a burner but hard to corral.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #31
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
im getting married on the 26th, is it wrong to check twitter in the middle of the reception to see who they take in round 2/3?
NO its a must

Seriously congrats
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #32
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
im getting married on the 26th, is it wrong to check twitter in the middle of the reception to see who they take in round 2/3?
No, but it was wrong to get married on draft day!
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #33
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Three guys I want Denver to draft but, probably won't is

Trufant
Tavon Austin
Bell

I trust FO to do right thing

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 03-21-2013 at 11:17 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #34
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Deion Sandcastle
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:32 PM   #35
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Only if we re-sign Dumervil...

1st - Johnthan Banks (CB/SS) - This 6'2" physical CB can guard TE's, and stuff the run. If he can't play CB, shift him to SS.
2nd - Johnathan Franklin (RB) - Quick productive RB (4.49), with good hands takes McGahee's spot, and frees up much needed $$.
3rd - Ryan Swope (WR) - Goodbye Matthew Willis...Swope is infinitely faster, smarter, and more useful. Oh, and he's cheaper too.
4th - T.J. McDonald (SS) - Brings prototypical size to SS. Time for Q. Carter to crap out
5th - Kwame Geathers (NT) - Vickerson's back-up, at a bargain basement price
7th - Kicker (K) - Prater's salary is too high (5th), and his accuracy is too low (27th)

Last edited by pricejj; 03-21-2013 at 11:35 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #36
Dexter
Pro Bowler

Bay Harbor Butcher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Only if we re-sign Dumervil...

1st - Johnthan Banks (CB/SS) - This 6'2" physical CB can guard TE's, and stuff the run. If he can't play CB, shift him to SS.
2nd - Johnathan Franklin (RB) - Quick productive RB (4.49), with good hands takes McGahee's spot, and frees up much needed $$.
3rd - Ryan Swope (WR) - Goodbye Matthew Willis...Swope is infinitely faster, smarter, and more useful. Oh, and he's cheaper too.
4th - T.J. McDonald (SS) - Brings prototypical size to SS. Time for Q. Carter to crap out
5th - Kwame Geathers (NT) - Vickerson's back-up, at a bargain basement price
7th - Kicker (K) - Prater's salary is too high (5th), and his accuracy is too low (27th)
I like this draft, but I hope we add another ILB somewhere in this draft to compete with Johnson, Irving and Bradley. Also, a more serious question,you really think we'd go after another WR after picking up Welker? I wouldn't mind Swope, but I kind of thought that eliminated a WR in the top 3-4 rounds. Nice draft overall though.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:22 AM   #37
Punisher
The Horsemen Are coming

For You WOOOOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Best available MLB in the 1st and Best avaiable RB in the 2nd.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:48 AM   #38
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Don't be surprised if Denver trades down again. If the like Kwan Short for instance you could move down to the top of the 2nd round and still get him. Pick up a 4th round pick for the drop and use it to build depth we sorely need. Or you could use the extra pick on a RB like Lattimore if Elway thinks he will be special when he returns.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:58 AM   #39
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Don't be surprised if Denver trades down again. If the like Kwan Short for instance you could move down to the top of the 2nd round and still get him. Pick up a 4th round pick for the drop and use it to build depth we sorely need. Or you could use the extra pick on a RB like Lattimore if Elway thinks he will be special when he returns.
I dont want a guy that has an acl tear every year.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:55 AM   #40
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Round 1: RB Eddie Lacy
Round 2: LB Jon Bostic
Round 3: S DJ Swearinger/Shawn Williams
Round 4: WR Taverres King/Kenny Stills/Stedman Bailey

I'll keep 5th and 7th round private for draft game purposes.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:59 AM   #41
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Guys I like the most... Bell, Lattimore, Lacy, Swope, Teo, Moore, and if he drops to us in the 2nd, wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson at QB. I know it would be somewhat wasteful in win now mode, but they supposedly really liked Wilson last year.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #42
dbfanman
Just Drafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
Considered a first round pick by who? Fans? The talking heads? The media always pumps up certain guys, but the NFL scouts are concerned more about what the player puts on film...and since his first ACL injury, what he's put on film has been at a lower level than many of the other backs in the draft. Lattimore is tight hipped and leggy...a big back without much power or leverage when he runs. Not to mention the injury concerns.
I've been quiet for awhile but I need to throw my two cents out there about Lattimore. I'm a huge Gamecock fan and have followed Latt since highschool. In last seasons games, this was his first year back from acl (which he tore from blocking as a WR on a wildcat run...still pissed about that), he wasn't back to his old self. Not completely. As last year went on, you could see he was gettting better and better. His last game against Tennesse, with that nasty injury, he was playing as good as he ever was. It seemed like he was completely back to pre acl.

Saying that he runs without power or leverage (even after the acl)...is like saying Cutler has a weak arm. I've seen every game, every guy that knows football mentions it...he is one of the best backs that runs behind his pads with power. Arms tackles dont bring him down, he breaks a ridiculous ammount of tackles.

Their are two main knocks on Lattimore - he does not have top end speed and now injuries. He won't break the 50 yard runs that often, but he has phenomenal vison, runs behind his pads with power, and has good lateral moves to make people miss in the tacklebox and open field. Hopefully he can get the lateral moves back after this last injury. I have a good feeling about him though, his work ethic is top notch. The highest I would draft him is in the 3rd, I think in the 4th would be a good pick.
dbfanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #43
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

My ideal draft:
1. Kenny Vaccarro, S
2. Arthur Brown, LB
3. Robert Alford, CB
4. Marcus Lattimore, RB
5. Jordan Hill, DT
7. Mike Mauti, LB

Honestly, I have some significant doubts that any of them are available at those picks come April, but sure would be great if they were.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #44
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I would be happy if it came out like this:

28. Jesse Williams, DT
58. Jonathan Cyprien, FS
90. Stepfan Taylor, RB
125. A.J. Klein, ILB
161. Earl Wolff, SS/ST
234. Braden Brown, OT

Last edited by Rohirrim; 03-22-2013 at 08:03 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #45
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
My ideal draft:
1. Kenny Vaccarro, S
2. Arthur Brown, LB
3. Robert Alford, CB
4. Marcus Lattimore, RB
5. Jordan Hill, DT
7. Mike Mauti, LB

Honestly, I have some significant doubts that any of them are available at those picks come April, but sure would be great if they were.
Tony Pauline used the words "blowing up" and "sensational" to describe Browns pro day. He also said teams where saying late first round is a strong possibility. I think you would need to switch him in the first and another safety in the second.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #46
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Tony Pauline used the words "blowing up" and "sensational" to describe Browns pro day. He also said teams where saying late first round is a strong possibility. I think you would need to switch him in the first and another safety in the second.
Don't doubt it. People are starting to view him as "the next Ray Lewis"... only with super mediocre straight line speed.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:02 AM   #47
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Yep. Brown is creeping up into the first round in a lot of mocks. I've seen him as high as 20 on Prisco's mock.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #48
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Don't doubt it. People are starting to view him as "the next Ray Lewis"... only with super mediocre straight line speed.
Jacksonville Jaguars and Pittsburgh Steelers met extensively/had dinner with Brown. I could see the Jags being willing to move up again in the first to get him.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #49
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

If the Broncos want Brown, they gotta use their first or they do not have a shot. I'm guessing one of Minter, Brown and T'eo will be available at #28, however I wouldn't be surprised if teams move up to get them ahead of us. I still really like Kevin Reddick for this team. He has his flaws, but they can be corrected. I just wonder if he will ever take the next step mentally to become an elite player. Makes a ton of plays behind the LOS and can cover.

(1) Johnathan Cyprien, S
(2) Le'Veon Bell, RB
(3) Kevin Reddick, ILB
(4) Cobi Hamilton, WR
(5) Quanterus Smith, DE
(7) Dustin Hopkins, K

Just off the top of my head, a draft I would really like. I think that LB, RB, S should be addressed first because those are positions where rookies can play right away and make an impact. I would still like to add another DT, but I'm not sure we will after re-upping Vickerson and getting Knighton. You could swap out Smith @ DE and put in a guy like Geathers from Georgia at 5.

Golden Foot, obligatory Seminole pick.

Would hope if our first round board is gone (like it was last year) that we trade down with a team who wants a QB like EJ Manuel and get another pick. Denver didn't get any value at all trading down last year (and what they did, they used it to move back up and get Hillman) so whatever.

Denver needs to get better value if they trade down and KEEP IT. . . unless they get a baller.

Last edited by Requiem; 03-22-2013 at 08:19 AM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:24 AM   #50
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
If the Broncos want Brown, they gotta use their first or they do not have a shot. I'm guessing one of Minter, Brown and T'eo will be available at #28, however I wouldn't be surprised if teams move up to get them ahead of us. I still really like Kevin Reddick for this team. He has his flaws, but they can be corrected. I just wonder if he will ever take the next step mentally to become an elite player. Makes a ton of plays behind the LOS and can cover.

(1) Johnathan Cyprien, S
(2) Le'Veon Bell, RB
(3) Kevin Reddick, ILB
(4) Cobi Hamilton, WR
(5) Quanterus Smith, DE
(7) Dustin Hopkins, K

Just off the top of my head, a draft I would really like. I think that LB, RB, S should be addressed first because those are positions where rookies can play right away and make an impact. I would still like to add another DT, but I'm not sure we will after re-upping Vickerson and getting Knighton. You could swap out Smith @ DE and put in a guy like Geathers from Georgia at 5.

Golden Foot, obligatory Seminole pick.

Would hope if our first round board is gone (like it was last year) that we trade down with a team who wants a QB like EJ Manuel and get another pick. Denver didn't get any value at all trading down last year (and what they did, they used it to move back up and get Hillman) so whatever.

Denver needs to get better value if they trade down and KEEP IT. . . unless they get a baller.
Yep, Reddick is a guy no one is talking about... he could easily slip to us in the 3rd or even 4th round IMHO.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote