The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #251
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Gun worshippers on the Mane slide into depression after they realize that they can only fulfill their fantasies in Call of Duty.
Govt tit suckers realize that real life isn't sim city in a hurry! See everyone can play your stupid games of making jokes. We are all funny men here.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:27 PM   #252
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post

Von Miller
Von Miller and Gonzo gazing at his rear.
Attached Images

tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:01 PM   #253
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Forget about the guns. Canadians have a lot of guns, per capita. It's the rate of violence. Why are Americans so prone to violence? That's the question. Watch this, if you can stuff your ideology long enough to learn something from outside the bubble:

Some comments on this: first, if in the USA the cost of health care was lowered then more people could afford it. This does not mean government involvement, it means breaking up the cartel, allowing the health insurance companies to sell health insurance across state lines, bringing down the cost. Why doesn't the governement first do this instead of obamacare?

Secondly, countries like Japan are very homogenous, that is, everyone looks and acts just like everyone else. You don't see a lot of influx of other races into Japan. Not so in the USA, we are dealing with a very diverse culture. The social welfare state via income redistribution has already failed miserably in the inner cities with minorities. So it's not just as simple as income redistribution.

Also, I'm guessing in countries like Japan, the nuclear family is very healthy, and there is a father in most of the households. IMHO, if you want to look at the breakdown in the USA it's a breakdown of the family unit with one wife ande one husband and the husband staying home helping raise the kids. Until this issue is addressed, especially in the USA, none of what the above video suggests will make any difference IMHO.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #254
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

An interesting read from http://thebattleforyourmind.blogspot.com/. The last paragraph explains it perfect.

The Second Amendment: Do you fear your government?

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Our fore fathers were no dummies. They truly knew what they were doing when they created the most important document in the history of man, the Constitution of the United States. This document set up the great republic we once were. We may never see men like that again. It was through much fighting and deliberation that they ratified the constitution, but this was not enough for them.
The men of this country during its birth had studied other governments though history in great detail with many hours in a library of their own. They were self taught, and learned from failures such as the Articles of Confederation. They study books from people like John Locke, and Thomas Hobbes. They argued over the concepts of corruption by man or society through philosophy and religion or “Laws of Nature”.

They didn’t just jump into this great experiment with blind eyes and hopeful will. The drive came from the failings of their previous oppressor.
When the constitution was ratified, the states would not sign it. They were separate governments refusing to enter a union or contract without certain protection: the Bill of Rights.

This set of 10 amendments was made to protect the states and people from the centralized government evolving into a monarchy or dictatorship as every single government in the history of man has done.
The first amendment gave us something different from any other government: the right to speak your mind without punishment, and the right to pursue religion without persecution. In government throughout history, this was a problem. The Persians persecuted the Israelites, the Romans killed the Christians and Britain went after both Catholics and Protestants. Also, if you said anything bad about your king, you could and would face a judge.

This is why the Protestants went after the king of England when he tried to disarm them. That’s right, the idea of gun rights came from Europe; it’s not just a cowboy mentality of Americans. Second Amendment. The king even tried to take the colonial weapons in order to establish dominance.
The point to all of this though, is that owning a gun is not for hunting, sport, or home protection. That was never the intent.

It had one end purpose: to ensure the protection of liberty from the government, and to provide protection for the states, being that a standing army at the time was taboo. A standing army was always a point of contention since this was the first step in every government that led to the end. Rome is a great example. Caesar used his army to overthrow the Senate. This is why our senate has control over the army and not the president. The thought behind a standing army was said best on this site. Libertyfund.org
It talks about the Idea of a standing army leading to the unmanly shifting of responsibility from the head of the house defending his family, to the responsibility of the government.

In short, it is not only a right to bear arms but a duty; duty to one’s family, country, and future. It is the man’s job to protect his family. It is the man’s job to check his government and protect his land from it or defend against foreign invaders, and it is his job to protect the future of our government.

To do this, he needs to be armed, and not just armed, but equally armed as his government. When you hear someone use the line: you don’t need an assault weapon to kill a deer or ten rounds to hunt, they are using a straw man argument.

Today I looked up what a “straw man argument” was from Wikipedia just to better understand it. In short, it is a tactic used to divert. It is when you use a fake argument similar to the original but perverse it or present the argument with misrepresentation, and then attack it in order to show its absurdity.

Again, the intent was not to hunt or have a hobby, but to protect one’s self from the government. Also, and most importantly, we should be equally as armed as our military. When you hear someone say, “That amendment was made when we used muskets and was never intended for weapons that could kill at such a rate”, feel free to slap the ignorance out of them. At the time, the musket was the most up-to-date weapon and was considered remarkable for killing at such ranges without physical contact. If this argument were true, the founders would have said “the right to own a knife or bow”, but they didn’t.

Our founders wanted to be able to fight back the government with equal terms, not just defend from death during a home break-in. Fight against government, as they did their own governing forces, the King.

As always, I defer to great wisdom, Thomas Jefferson. He said, “When the government fears the people, there is liberty, but when the people fear the government, there is tyranny.” Do you think the government fears you with a revolver or Glock loaded with 6 rounds against their 30-round AR-15s? Better yet, ask yourself, do you fear the government?
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #255
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Govt tit suckers realize that real life isn't sim city in a hurry! See everyone can play your stupid games of making jokes. We are all funny men here.
Except what you said doesn't make sense.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #256
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFocus View Post
no banning ALL magazines would be prohibition. Banning some magazines is regulation.
Yes because the size of the magazine will prevent people from being killed, correct?

You clowns argue that if we limit the number of rounds in a magazine a potential shooter can be rushed and taken down and subdued....

errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #257
errand
Ring of Famer

I doubt anyone short of Superman himself could rush these guys and take them down........But keep thinking it's the size of the magazine that makes the difference in how many rounds these guys could fire within minutes.....
Old 03-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #258
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Except the average Joe has no need for a fully automatic weapon.
the "average joe" cannot purchase a fully automatic weapon......

Class 3 firearms include machine guns, short-barreled rifles, short-barreled shotguns, suppressors, destructive devices and Any Other Weapons (AOWs).

The tax for privately manufacturing any class 3 firearms is $200.

Transferring requires a $200 tax for all class 3s except AOW’s, for which the transfer tax is $5.

To legally possess a class 3 weapon you must complete a transfer of registration within the NFA registry.

There are two ways for you to legally buy a class 3 gun. The first is by transfer after approval by ATF of a registered weapon from its lawful owner residing in the same State as the transferee. The second is by obtaining prior approval from ATF to make NFA firearms.

Now you know how people can legally own them....they go thru background checks via ATF, pay their "tax", and go thru all the hoops the government says they have to......
Old 03-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #259
errand
Ring of Famer

No need for a 30 round magazine or AR-15, right? Just sit in your car and wait for the police to arrive.....

Old 03-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #260
errand
Ring of Famer

ask Reginald Denny if he wishes he had an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine?
Old 03-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #261
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I never said society was to blame for what Holmes did in Aurora.
neither were the guns or the size of the magazine he used.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #262
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
What's an assault rifle?
I have no idea...my M-14 is an anti-assault weapon.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #263
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I have no idea...my M-14 is an anti-assault weapon.
you got a real M-14 or a Springfield Armory .308?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #264
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
take domestic violence out of the equation and I bet you the % is damn near90 or higher that it was acquired illegally.
.....they also like to use suicides to inflate their numbers as well.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #265
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
nope not at all. I just know that they aren't going to take away anyones guns. that simple. I don't worry about stuff that has no chance in happening.
sure...keep telling yourself that.

Keep in mind they'll exempt themselves from whatever laws they pass.....
Old 03-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #266
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I didn't say it was hard to get them on the black market. I said it is harder then going to the store or online and ordering them and waiting for a background check. big difference

While I subscribe to the belief that most criminals are stupid people, I'm pretty sure most of them already know that they can't pass a background check and use alternate sources to obtain their weapons.

So if background checks will reduce the number of criminals acquiring guns, would you support a law that states those of us who pass a background check to have whatever weapon we choose?

Afterall, if these in depth tougher background check says I'm a safe, law abiding citizen with no mental problems...why can't I own a rocket launcher?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #267
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Yes because the size of the magazine will prevent people from being killed, correct?

You clowns argue that if we limit the number of rounds in a magazine a potential shooter can be rushed and taken down and subdued....

Look you dumb ass..............the shooter has been taken down in multiple shootings when he trird to reload..........its a fact.

I realize you stupid ****s don't read or comprehend much , let alone recent history.

Your gawd damn right to carry a bazooka is not at risk here just the fact that smaller ammo clips would have already saved lies and would do so in the future.

You haven't a leg to stand on here, period.

Poor you having to reload a couple extra times versus saving a few lives ?

WHAT KIND OF SCUMBAG ARE YOU PEOPLE THAT THINK YOUR BEING INCONVENIENCED RELOADING A COUPLE EXTRA TIMES WHEN IT WOULD HAVE ALREADY SAVED LIVES....?

Tired of all your stupidity and unwillingness to be slightly inconvenienced when you know damn well in multiple instances these have been taken down trying to reload,,,,,,,,,,,,because you may very well be a damn fast and efficient reloading mother ****er until your under fire or in the real world.

WAKE UP
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:57 PM   #268
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

About the only thing to wake some of you up is your only family being touched by this,,,,,,,,,,, you people are clueless and unsympathetic bastards
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #269
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
About the only thing to wake some of you up is your only family being touched by this,,,,,,,,,,, you people are clueless and unsympathetic bastards
Show me your "facts" that 15 round magazines being legal while 30 rounders won't will prevent mass murder in Colorado. You are the one who is clueless, and you need your meds adjusted. You're wound too tight. What about the thousands of 30 rounders that will be grandfathered? It's you and your dumb lawmakers who are clueless.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #270
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
you got a real M-14 or a Springfield Armory .308?
Real one....purchased it from a retired Master Gunnery Sgt. back in 1982, who was going thru a divorce and needed some cash.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #271
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

so let me get this straight....if banning the 30 round magazine and whatnot saves one life it's worth it?

Ok....and if having a 30 round magazine saves one life would that not also be worth it?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #272
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Look you dumb ass..............the shooter has been taken down in multiple shootings when he trird to reload..........its a fact.

Please provide the links

I realize you stupid ****s don't read or comprehend much , let alone recent history.

Please tell us which recent shooter with an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine was taken down while swapping mags

Your gawd damn right to carry a bazooka is not at risk here just the fact that smaller ammo clips would have already saved lies and would do so in the future.

I didn't want a bazooka, until diane Feinstein and your ilk said I didn't need one

You haven't a leg to stand on here, period.

You're the one legged man who decide to enter an ass kicking contest

Poor you having to reload a couple extra times versus saving a few lives ?

Not having to reload as often is what I hope saves my life....because I think my life is and the lives of my family are worth protecting

WHAT KIND OF SCUMBAG ARE YOU PEOPLE THAT THINK YOUR BEING INCONVENIENCED RELOADING A COUPLE EXTRA TIMES WHEN IT WOULD HAVE ALREADY SAVED LIVES....?

I'm not being inconvenienced...I don't own a 30 round magazine. But I can still put out a lot of firepower with the ones I have thank you.

Tired of all your stupidity and unwillingness to be slightly inconvenienced when you know damn well in multiple instances these have been taken down trying to reload,,,,,,,,,,,,because you may very well be a damn fast and efficient reloading mother ****er until your under fire or in the real world.

WAKE UP

when you say "taken down".....please elaborate. Are you talking about someone else shooting them or rushing them and tackling them like Von taking down a QB?

In bold
Old 03-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #273
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Honestly, if Jetmeck isn't a troll, he needs to go back to highschool before anything else.

That said, the kid is absolutely lacking in common sense, and any sort of debate with him is a waste of time because he can't comprehend facts, sense, and empirical evidence.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:03 AM   #274
Randall Flagg

Quote:
Yep those damn liberals are the devil for wanting to save a few lives..........next Obama will want to take all your guns away except for the fact he has never ever even insuated that was his intention.....................

Sorry, but you've lost me here. "Save Lives"?? How so? The Libs have decriminalized pot and have YET to decide if it's legal to drive high but they have the GALL to pass laws that "tax" background checks (code for making the state money).

They told MagPul that they "could continue to build the high capacity magazines, and sell them OUTSIDE the state". So, it's OK for these evil magazines to somehow kill people in OTHER states, just not in Colorado. Hypocrites. For the record, Magazines, regardless of their size, are incapable of killing anyone.

MagPul s leaving the state, rather than bow to the state. Good for them. Unfortunately, not so good for the jobs that they provided the people in Colorado.

In time, Hippielooper will be voted out. The democrats will be voted out.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:10 AM   #275
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Some comments on this: first, if in the USA the cost of health care was lowered then more people could afford it. This does not mean government involvement, it means breaking up the cartel, allowing the health insurance companies to sell health insurance across state lines, bringing down the cost. Why doesn't the governement first do this instead of obamacare?

Secondly, countries like Japan are very homogenous, that is, everyone looks and acts just like everyone else. You don't see a lot of influx of other races into Japan. Not so in the USA, we are dealing with a very diverse culture. The social welfare state via income redistribution has already failed miserably in the inner cities with minorities. So it's not just as simple as income redistribution.

Also, I'm guessing in countries like Japan, the nuclear family is very healthy, and there is a father in most of the households. IMHO, if you want to look at the breakdown in the USA it's a breakdown of the family unit with one wife ande one husband and the husband staying home helping raise the kids. Until this issue is addressed, especially in the USA, none of what the above video suggests will make any difference IMHO.
Like he explains in the video, culture doesn't matter. Japan and Sweden are about as different as can be, as he points out, and reach a more balanced economy in completely different ways. It's strictly the economics. The most unequal societies (U.S. being the worst in the world) have the most societal issues across the board, from violence, to suicide, to mental illness, etc etc. It's just the numbers.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote