The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #201
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Sure whenever you go in and get a license they run your name through the system to see if you are dangerous or can drive. I have three guns but sorry no assault rifles.
I have a modified sporting rifle
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #202
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Hollywood, the entertainment industry and the gaming industry absolutely floods the market with violence. I contend this combined with the breakdown of the nuclear family is a huge reason why young people are becoming more violent.
Yeah, but I know a lot of people who are in "nuclear families" who allow their kids to be subject to this crap all of the time. I just don't get it. Violent programming is the most watched on TV and even tops cartoons in adolescent viewers on even morning shows.

I remember playing Mega Man and Zelda as a kid and my parents thought that those were violent. They were even against me playing Battlefield 1942 (original) as a FPS when I got it when I was like 15. I couldn't imagine being 9 years old, sipping a mountain dew and raving about killing people online on Call of Duty. . . but most parents these days give into their kids and don't stand up for what is right.

Instead of being a parent, they will pacify them with whatever cool gadget comes out next. See it all the time. Went out to dinner the other night with a friend and she and I couldn't believe how many families were sitting down on their mobile devices looking up **** instead of talking as a family at dinner time.

How rude.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #203
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Hollywood, the entertainment industry and the gaming industry absolutely floods the market with violence. I contend this combined with the breakdown of the nuclear family is a huge reason why young people are becoming more violent.
Yes - but those aren't society. Those are degenerate entertainment industries that I believe are helping to pollute and undermine the moral fabric of society. I have no love for the media, be it mainstream television, newspaper, or entertainment. Apparently youth are not growing up with a sufficient level of parental guidance all too often to understand this garbage and disregard it. Instead it forms the cultural backdrop of the teen years.

We had - and even still have - media obscenity laws which kept this filth out of the public airwaves, and I think we need to bring these back.

The demise of traditional morals, like it or not, have a large part in what is going on in our society.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #204
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Sure whenever you go in and get a license they run your name through the system to see if you are dangerous or can drive. I have three guns but sorry no assault rifles.
What's an assault rifle?
Old 03-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #205
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Yeah, but I know a lot of people who are in "nuclear families" who allow their kids to be subject to this crap all of the time. I just don't get it. Violent programming is the most watched on TV and even tops cartoons in adolescent viewers on even morning shows.
Parental guidance is a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE problem. People are not passing down values handed them by their parents and grandparents. People are more likely to plop a kid down in front of the electronic babysitter. This is one big reason I think that a parent should be home to rear the kids if possible. I don't care if it's the mother or the father, just be there and guide the kids. Don't plop them down in front of moral and cultural rot.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #206
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

I remember playing Mega Man and Zelda as a kid and my parents thought that those were violent. They were even against me playing Battlefield 1942 (original) as a FPS when I got it when I was like 15. I couldn't imagine being 9 years old, sipping a mountain dew and raving about killing people online on Call of Duty. . . but most parents these days give into their kids and don't stand up for what is right.

Instead of being a parent, they will pacify them with whatever cool gadget comes out next. See it all the time. Went out to dinner the other night with a friend and she and I couldn't believe how many families were sitting down on their mobile devices looking up **** instead of talking as a family at dinner time.

How rude.
agreed.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #207
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
I have a modified sporting rifle
If it looks scary to a liberal, it's an "assault rifle."
Old 03-21-2013, 10:47 AM   #208
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
We had - and even still have - media obscenity laws which kept this filth out of the public airwaves, and I think we need to bring these back.
So the government should regulate entertainment, but not guns?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #209
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Parental guidance is a HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE problem. People are not passing down values handed them by their parents and grandparents. People are more likely to plop a kid down in front of the electronic babysitter. This is one big reason I think that a parent should be home to rear the kids if possible. I don't care if it's the mother or the father, just be there and guide the kids. Don't plop them down in front of moral and cultural rot.
I'm just glad to see my sister and her wife are doing an excellent job with their six children. It resorts what little faith I had left in people. They have adopted two sets of kids from the Houston area who grew up in abusive households and had P.O.S. parents, fathers who weren't present and a life filled with violence. One of my nephews first held and fired a gun when he was only four years old. Can you imagine? That is scary. . . but I guess part of growing up in the "hood."

It has been quite a challenge to get these kids to turn around, but they have done it. It has taken several years for these kids to get passed the terrors they had to endure and witness as young children, but now that they are growing up and being shaped in a loving household, things are going well. The excel academically and know more about the world and how things work than most people who are out of high school. It's absolutely insane. And they have TWO MOMS showing them the way.

They are a strong case that show that homosexual couples can effectively run a great household. . . it doesn't come down to them being homosexuals. Just good people with good morals.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #210
Drunken.Broncoholic

Good to know a child molestor can get away with pure evil in CO yet someone who owns a gun is frowned upon.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #211
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So the government should regulate entertainment, but not guns?
Guns are regulated, honey, and further I never said they shouldn't be. I said the current crap Hickenloopy just signed is total bull**** and needs to be overturned.

Unless you've got severe emotional problems or an ulterior motive, taking away from all because of the behavior of one psycho is not justifiable behavior.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #212
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
by definition, my savage 22 model 64 is also an assault rifle. damn that 10 round magazine!

Old 03-21-2013, 10:56 AM   #213
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
by definition, my savage 22 mpdel 64 is also an assault rifle. damn that 10 round magazine!

Here's mine, though I don't have the muzzle attachment.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #214
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

How rude.
See now you're talking about a REAL answer to these problems. How does the criminal get to be one. I do believe a percentage of the population will just "be evil." I also believe there are steps parents can take to help their children grow up right.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #215
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Unless you've got severe emotional problems or an ulterior motive, taking away from all because of the behavior of one psycho is not justifiable behavior.
The same argument can be applied to the entertainment you want the government to censor. You can't have it both ways.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #216
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/ny...ion.html?_r=1&

It gets even better. In their feelgood legislation haste, the NY magazine ban basically outlawed many stock magazine sizes, allowing only magazines that did not even exist for many types of firearms.

The Guvnah is looking to rectify the situation by amending his FU by stipulating that people could own higher cap magazines, they just can't fill them all the way up.

That'll stop the next mass shooting, for sure!

"Well I'd like to kill lots of people, and my magazine holds 15, but Governor Cuomo says I can only put 7 in there, so I better stop at that."

Nanny staters are retards.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #217
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
You implied laws were pointless because criminals wouldn't obey them anyway.

Complete idiocy. Own up to it like a big kid.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #218
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
I'm just glad to see my sister and her wife are doing an excellent job with their six children. It resorts what little faith I had left in people. They have adopted two sets of kids from the Houston area who grew up in abusive households and had P.O.S. parents, fathers who weren't present and a life filled with violence. One of my nephews first held and fired a gun when he was only four years old. Can you imagine? That is scary. . . but I guess part of growing up in the "hood."

It has been quite a challenge to get these kids to turn around, but they have done it. It has taken several years for these kids to get passed the terrors they had to endure and witness as young children, but now that they are growing up and being shaped in a loving household, things are going well. The excel academically and know more about the world and how things work than most people who are out of high school. It's absolutely insane. And they have TWO MOMS showing them the way.

They are a strong case that show that homosexual couples can effectively run a great household. . . it doesn't come down to them being homosexuals. Just good people with good morals.
And thus the shackups the left have been working overtime to normalize since the 60s have been nothing but an unmitigated disaster.

Conservatives aren't the ones that have been trying to take the stigma off of single parenting; they've been the only ones trying to fight it, citing in specific the correct view that it damages children, sends them ****ty moral messages, and leaves them in poverty.

You and yours may want to think about that more the next time you consider calling conservatives "dinosaurs" and other hostile things.

The gay thing leaves out that the kids need role models of different genders because that's how they learn to have intimate relations with members of the opposite sex. Kids without opposite sex parents in the household suffer in their adult intimate relations. They need the socialization and role modeling the opposite sex parent can provide. Two women do not equal a man and vice versa.

You simply cannot slap equals signs on everything, no matter how hard you try. Nature is nature and you can only toy with it so much.

Kids are more important than the parents' lifestyles, belief systems, or wishes. Always, and without question. People have forgotten that.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #219
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Here's mine, though I don't have the muzzle attachment.
oh wow! a 223/556 version of the AK! you don't see many of those. very nice

I have been going back and forth between a Ruger Mini-30 or Sigma ak-47. All of the sudden there is plenty of 7.62x39 ammo, and still a shortage on 223/556.

here is mine

Old 03-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #220
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
You implied laws were pointless because criminals wouldn't obey them anyway.

Complete idiocy. Own up to it like a big kid.
Yes, criminals do ignore laws, and they'll ignore these. The bigger issue here is the negative impact on regular people that those who promote these laws continue to ignore and brush off.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #221
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
oh wow! a 223/556 version of the AK! you don't see many of those. very nice

I have been going back and forth between a Ruger Mini-30 or Sigma ak-47. All of the sudden there is plenty of 7.62x39 ammo, and still a shortage on 223/556.
So that Ruger of yours is a 22LR? Those guns aren't even considered "assault rifles," regardless of how EEEK! they look.

My rifle is a version of the AK 74. As far as I know, the 74 was chambered in the smaller 5.56 round by design. The gun shop in Jefferson County I got it from still has more there; they also have the pistol version of it. Mine has a folding stock, so it's both in one, basically. And yes, there is a shortage of .223, and rounds cost about $1/each which is ridiculous.

Apparently I possess a Super Scary Assault Rifle™. My sister says it looks like a toy, but let's not ruin the moment. Let's roll with it.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #222
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Conservatives aren't the ones that have been trying to take the stigma off of single parenting; they've been the only ones trying to fight it, citing in specific the correct view that it damages children, sends them ****ty moral messages, and leaves them in poverty.
I can think of numerous "liberals" who have been fighting for this as well.

Quote:
You and yours may want to think about that more the next time you consider calling conservatives "dinosaurs" and other hostile things.
I think that most conservatives in regards to social policy fit the dinosaur moniker quite well.

Quote:
The gay thing leaves out that the kids need role models of different genders because that's how they learn to have intimate relations with members of the opposite sex. Kids without opposite sex parents in the household suffer in their adult intimate relations. They need the socialization and role modeling the opposite sex parent can provide. Two women do not equal a man and vice versa.
Yet they have me as an uncle and a variety of other male role models who play an integral part of their life foundation. I can't offer much now as we are ~2,000 miles apart, but I think they will be just fine. Before they moved and I moved to opposite sides of the country, I was seeing them as often as I could and sharing good life experiences with them.

Quote:
You simply cannot slap equals signs on everything, no matter how hard you try. Nature is nature and you can only toy with it so much.
Wasn't slapping equal signs on anything. Just showing that my sister and her wife as a lesbian couple have done great things with at-risk youth and have shaped them into good children, who would have otherwise fallen to the traps that many African-American children do in inner-city environments. They have answered the call of parenthood with resounding success, while many of their heterosexual counterparts have not. I am sorry that this success story bothers you.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #223
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/ny...ion.html?_r=1&

It gets even better. In their feelgood legislation haste, the NY magazine ban basically outlawed many stock magazine sizes, allowing only magazines that did not even exist for many types of firearms.

The Guvnah is looking to rectify the situation by amending his FU by stipulating that people could own higher cap magazines, they just can't fill them all the way up.

That'll stop the next mass shooting, for sure!

"Well I'd like to kill lots of people, and my magazine holds 15, but Governor Cuomo says I can only put 7 in there, so I better stop at that."

Nanny staters are retards.
The City of Denver is about as stupid. In 1989, they enacted an "assault weapons" ban which by research done by the Independence Institute was nothing but a literal copy and paste of some pathetic law in California - and included the same typos and misspellings.

Even funnier, the list didn't even ban the AK.

Eventually the sad little law was challenged and gutted in court as "unconstitutionally vague" (which is said about Colorado's new magazine limit ban), leaving but a mere husk of this so-called Denver assault weapons ban which is nothing more than a ban on magazines greater than 20 rounds. The "assault weapon" factor comes in if one who possesses a >20 round mag also possesses a rifle to put it in. The two combined are *voila!* an "illegal assault weapon," and the gun is to be confiscated and sold - er - destroyed and the owner given a minimum 10 days/$100.

Just imagine how many people move into Denver with their sporting rifles and have no flipping clue.

Last edited by nyuk nyuk; 03-21-2013 at 11:21 AM..
Old 03-21-2013, 11:23 AM   #224
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yes, criminals do ignore laws, and they'll ignore these. The bigger issue here is the negative impact on regular people that those who promote these laws continue to ignore and brush off.
And if all the guns used to murder people were acquired illegally, that might be some semblance of a point!
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #225
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
So that Ruger of yours is a 22LR? Those guns aren't even considered "assault rifles," regardless of how EEEK! they look.

My rifle is a version of the AK 74. As far as I know, the 74 was chambered in the smaller 5.56 round by design. The gun shop in Jefferson County I got it from still has more there; they also have the pistol version of it. Mine has a folding stock, so it's both in one, basically. And yes, there is a shortage of .223, and rounds cost about $1/each which is ridiculous.

Apparently I possess a Super Scary Assault Rifle™. My sister says it looks like a toy, but let's not ruin the moment. Let's roll with it.
My ruger is 223/556 with the gas piston system. It even came with the scary 30 round magpul (made in colorado) magazines