The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 08:09 AM   #1326
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,692
Default

We'll have to see where Hayden goes come draft day. I still think he doesn't get drafted because of the medical situation. If he does get a clean bill of health to play football, then I think he goes 5th Round. If he goes in the 2nd or 3rd Round, I'm going to slam a beer.


Nico Johnson just went to the Jets. Makes some sense. The draft value is about right, I had him in the late 5th - 6th round range. I'm not a huge fan, I think he's just a guy. Reminds me of Mike Mohamed.


Tavarres King went as well. I just made a Top 10 remaining list a little bit ago, he was #10 on that list, and the top WR remaining, for me at least. I think that's a pretty strong selection. I had him in the late 4th round, so it's not a massive steal or anything, just a really solid player. Should be able to replace Santana Moss.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:20 AM   #1327
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Just because Scouts Inc. feels he is a second-rounder doesn't mean he is.

Basically that means his value is a Top 64 player in this draft, which is probably not the case.

Milliner, Rhodes, Trufant, Banks, Amerson, Poyer, Taylor, Ryan, Alford and three names I won't mention because they haven't been drafted have been considered that based on what PFW, NFP, etc. have reported from discussing boards with various teams. I just don't see how he gets in that mix. We will see come April.

IMO, he would compete with Slay, Breh-Wilson, McFadden, Webb, Davis and Gratz for positioning later.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #1328
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,260
Default

It wasn't just Scouts Inc, CBF1's snip made the same projection. You could be right, though. We'll never know what his real "injury-free" value would have been. As always with these prospects, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #1329
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,290

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Tavarres King is a great, great pick.... I didn't think anyone else would be on him except me, so had him (in ink) as my 6th round pick.

Dude led the NCAA in yards per reception last year, and started 40+ games for Georgia over his career. Then, he killed it at the combine in nearly every drill. Seems like Mayock, Kiper, McShay, etc are really sleeping on him at the moment (but I'm sure that NFL teams aren't).

Would love, love, love, love for him to to be the Broncos 5th round choice this year!
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #1330
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
It wasn't just Scouts Inc, CBF1's snip made the same projection. You could be right, though. We'll never know what his real "injury-free" value would have been. As always with these prospects, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Of course, but I have a hard time believing a C-USA player is going to be considered that high with the talent available in this DB class.

I will pose you a question: Just curious, where do you think this player will go in the draft at CB next year? Same size and athletcisim as DJ Hayden, but here is is college rapsheet. . . and he still has next year to become an all-time great to ever play at the college level.

Defensive Statistics:

2012: 7 INT (one pick six), 39 tackles
2011: 7 INT (three pick six), 53 tackles
2010: 4 INT (one pick six), 47 tackles

Totals: 18 INT, 5 DEF TD, 139 tackles.

Special Teams statistics:

1036 yards on kick-off returns, 4 touchdowns. ~ 29 yard average.

And yes, these are real numbers. Not NCAA 13 video game madness.

Last edited by Requiem; 03-21-2013 at 08:43 AM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #1331
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,290

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Of course, but I have a hard time believing a C-USA player is going to be considered that high with the talent available in this DB class.

I will pose you a question: Just curious, where do you think this player will go in the draft at CB next year? Same size and athletcisim as DJ Hayden, but here is is college rapsheet. . . and he still has next year to become an all-time great to ever play at the college level.

Defensive Statistics:

2012: 7 INT (one pick six), 39 tackles
2011: 7 INT (three pick six), 53 tackles
2010: 4 INT (one pick six), 47 tackles

Totals: 18 INT, 5 DEF TD, 139 tackles.

Special Teams statistics:

1036 yards on kick-off returns, 4 touchdowns. ~ 29 yard average.

And yes, these are real numbers. Not NCAA 13 video game madness.
Not sure who you're talking about (but could find out easily enough on the interwebs) -- if the height, weight, and 40 time are average or above, that's a first-rounder.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #1332
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
Not sure who you're talking about (but could find out easily enough on the interwebs) -- if the height, weight, and 40 time are average or above, that's a first-rounder.
He is 5'11, 195 pounds and will probably run in the 4.42-4.55 range. I'm guessing he will be a little short and lighter at his weigh-in come combine and pro day. . . if he even gets invited to the combine.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #1333
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Of course, but I have a hard time believing a C-USA player is going to be considered that high with the talent available in this DB class.

I will pose you a question: Just curious, where do you think this player will go in the draft at CB next year? Same size and athletcisim as DJ Hayden, but here is is college rapsheet. . . and he still has next year to become an all-time great to ever play at the college level.

Defensive Statistics:

2012: 7 INT (one pick six), 39 tackles
2011: 7 INT (three pick six), 53 tackles
2010: 4 INT (one pick six), 47 tackles

Totals: 18 INT, 5 DEF TD, 139 tackles.

Special Teams statistics:

1036 yards on kick-off returns, 4 touchdowns. ~ 29 yard average.

And yes, these are real numbers. Not NCAA 13 video game madness.
Well, first off, as I'm sure you know, it's not quite that simple. You can't just look at stats and measurables, otherwise David Amerson would be a top 5 selection. Second, value also depends on the rest of the draft pool (e.g. the top of the QB class this season will likely go much high than they would have had they been in last seasons draft). Level of competition matters, too, of course. So it's hard to say. He might play for a Division II school which would make a big difference in projection. But I'll play along and say 2nd-3rd round area.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 03-21-2013 at 09:17 AM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #1334
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,290

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
He is 5'11, 195 pounds and will probably run in the 4.42-4.55 range. I'm guessing he will be a little short and lighter at his weigh-in come combine and pro day. . . if he even gets invited to the combine.
Took a little detective work, but I figured it out... for Pete's sake.

BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:05 AM   #1335
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Well, first off, as I'm sure you know, it's not quite that simple. You can't just look at stats and measurables, otherwise David Amerson would be a top 5 selection. Second, value also depends on the rest of the draft pool (e.g. the top of the QB class this season will likely go much high than they would have had they been in last seasons draft). But I'll play along and say 2nd-3rd round area.
I would be thrilled if this cat went as high as the second, but I think third round is more fair because he played D-I AA ball. However, he has shut down any FBS competition he has faced. It's Marcus Williams of the North Dakota State Bison, my alma mater. Get him in a zone scheme in the NFL and he is going to be a monster. He almost declared this year, but there are only 6 or 7 seniors this year and he wants to win back to back to back national championships. Dude is a winner.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #1336
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,290

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I would be thrilled if this cat went as high as the second, but I think third round is more fair because he played D-I AA ball. However, he has shut down any FBS competition he has faced. It's Marcus Williams of the North Dakota State Bison, my alma mater. Get him in a zone scheme in the NFL and he is going to be a monster. He almost declared this year, but there are only 6 or 7 seniors this year and he wants to win back to back to back national championships. Dude is a winner.
I'm taking him in the second next year.... not joking.....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #1337
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
I'm taking him in the second next year.... not joking.....
I would like to switch to GM a team that runs a similar defense to what NDSU does just in order to draft him. Hehe. I'll take him #1 overall.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:35 AM   #1338
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,692
Default

There goes Mills. This is about the right range for him.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #1339
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
There goes Mills. This is about the right range for him.
after seeing Kenny Stills and Nico Johnson taken just ahead of me, I was glad to see him still on the board.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #1340
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,691

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin
Default

Holy shiat boys... I can not believe all the crap about the Hayden pick.

Let me recap for you some of Oakland's recent first round picks.

Jamarcus Russell
Robert Gallery
Darius-Hayward Bay
Michael Huff
Rolando McClain

Now, I am going to read all this crap about a 5th round pick. I know you guys are professionals at this, but really

Req: I am sure I know 2 of the CB's you are talking about, But I liked this kid a lot more than those 2.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #1341
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,290

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Holy shiat boys... I can not believe all the crap about the Hayden pick.

Let me recap for you some of Oakland's recent first round picks.

Jamarcus Russell
Robert Gallery
Darius-Hayward Bay
Michael Huff
Rolando McClain

Now, I am going to read all this crap about a 5th round pick. I know you guys are professionals at this, but really

Req: I am sure I know 2 of the CB's you are talking about, But I liked this kid a lot more than those 2.
You're just going to have to get a thick skin about your pick of DJ "Vena Cava" Hayden....

BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #1342
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,290

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Damn... that's a really big vein, isn't it? Hard to believe he ruptured it....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #1343
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
after seeing Kenny Stills and Nico Johnson taken just ahead of me, I was glad to see him still on the board.
Stills would have been killer value, but I definitely like Mills more than Johnson. Out of the 4th-6th Round OTs that don't have medical questions, Quessenberry and Mills are the two with considerable upside.

In my book, there's only one more OT left that's remotely interesting. The OTs got CLEANED out fast in this draft.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #1344
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,290

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Stills would have been killer value, but I definitely like Mills more than Johnson. Out of the 4th-6th Round OTs that don't have medical questions, Quessenberry and Mills are the two with considerable upside.

In my book, there's only one more OT left that's remotely interesting. The OTs got CLEANED out fast in this draft.
The cornerbacks even more so... the Steelers needed one, but it was like a feeding frenzy in the first three rounds. Screw it, we'll draft two next year rather than reach in 2013.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #1345
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
The cornerbacks even more so... the Steelers needed one, but it was like a feeding frenzy in the first three rounds. Screw it, we'll draft two next year rather than reach in 2013.
I knew that a run on corners would happen, but all these OTs being taken is just silly when there are guys who can actually come in and contribute from Day 1 and have impact on teams.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #1346
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,290

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I knew that a run on corners would happen, but all these OTs being taken is just silly when there are guys who can actually come in and contribute from Day 1 and have impact on teams.
I respectfully disagree... the offensive line depth is AWESOME this year. 2013 is a great draft for fixing your offensive line.... Hell, I've STILL got seven hot offensive line prospects left on my draft board.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #1347
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,106

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Hayden has got a ton of press due to that Injury recently, did you even know who he was prior to the last week Dimitri? If you did, Kudos, I totally agree with your pick there. His tape is trememdous and I was considering trading up to get him now that his medical is clear enough for him to participate and he has healed.

I know several Rangers who had a similar Combat Injury and are now back in the Regiment. The NFL ought to ask the Army docs about this type of recovery. It is not only possible, it has been done...
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #1348
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 1,692
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
I respectfully disagree... the offensive line depth is AWESOME this year. 2013 is a great draft for fixing your offensive line.... Hell, I've STILL got seven hot offensive line prospects left on my draft board.
Serial?

I've got two remaining that I would consider drafting prior to the 7th Round.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #1349
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post
I respectfully disagree... the offensive line depth is AWESOME this year. 2013 is a great draft for fixing your offensive line.... Hell, I've STILL got seven hot offensive line prospects left on my draft board.
It is a very good draft for OL, but I would bet you 5 dollars that 31 OL are not taking by the end of the fourth round come April.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #1350
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry
 
BowlenBall's Avatar
 
2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
Posts: 5,290

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis
Default

Two centers, three guards, and two tackles that I would have considered in the fifth, IF I hadn't already schooled all you fools on my Barrett Jones and Alvin Bailey picks.....

BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Denver Broncos