The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #151
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFocus View Post
you are confusing prohibition with regulation.
Prohibition is a form of regulation. But they're not the same thing.

Taking something that was legal and making it illegal is prohibition. Background checks are regulation. Magazine bans are prohibition.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #152
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
Don't forget soda, cigarettes, prescription drugs, fertilizer, knives, rope and the sun.

All these arguments are stupid. There are laws on the amount of fertilizer you can buy unless you are a farmer, Prescriptions drugs are just that you need a prescription, There are laws as to how people drive their cars, you must get a license and have a background check before you can drive, cigarettes have been taxed so much they are extremely expensive, but yet no laws on guns.

Size of clips, Assault rifles, back ground check... come on guys no big deal. We had these for 10 years in the 90's and you people didn't even notice.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #153
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Show me the founding father who said the 2nd Amendment was about hunting.
Don't need to.

Your own democrat representative used the same words I did.

http://www.markudall.senate.gov/?p=issue&id=61

Moron.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #154
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
So you need an M4 with an extended clip to hunt or for home protection or just to collect?
you see, that's just it. You are ok with the government giving you limits and I am not.

The hypocrosy of the 30 round magazine limit is that Hickenlooper asked the House to make provisions to allow manufactures to stay in Colorado and produce magazines for everyone else. Using the logic that somehow a 30 round magazine is worse than 15 round magizine, how is this protecting the children or even you?

this wasn't about anything else then the next election cycle.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #155
JimmyFocus
Solid Starter

Quote:
Prohibition is a form of regulation. But they're not the same thing.

Taking something that was legal and making it illegal is prohibition. Background checks are regulation. Magazine bans are prohibition.
no banning ALL magazines would be prohibition. Banning some magazines is regulation.
JimmyFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #156
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Well if a person has to go to the black market to get a gun rather than a store because they know they wont pass a background check, then it makes it harder on them.
You realize background checks have been required for years when you buy a gun right? This law will have zero effect on criminals getting firearms.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #157
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Size of clips, Assault rifles, back ground check... come on guys no big deal. We had these for 10 years in the 90's and you people didn't even notice.
Neither did Klebold or Harris.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #158
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
All these arguments are stupid. There are laws on the amount of fertilizer you can buy unless you are a farmer, Prescriptions drugs are just that you need a prescription, There are laws as to how people drive their cars, you must get a license and have a background check before you can drive, cigarettes have been taxed so much they are extremely expensive, but yet no laws on guns.

Geez, getting tired of picking and choosing what you people want to argue.

We are saying that making laws in the name of saving lives is a dumb argument because you can argue making regulation of all kinds of other things that we currently do not.

Regulating guns is pointless and actually in the constitution (unlike cars and cigarettes, etc).

Stop picking through statements and actually pay attention to the entire picture.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #159
JimmyFocus
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
you see, that's just it. You are ok with the government giving you limits and I am not.

The hypocrosy of the 30 round magazine limit is that Hickenlooper asked the House to make provisions to allow manufactures to stay in Colorado and produce magazines for everyone else. Using the logic that somehow a 30 round magazine is worse than 15 round magizine, how is this protecting the children or even you?

this wasn't about anything else then the next election cycle.
the government gives you limits on everything you do. its life. its like saying shouldn't the age limit to drink be 20 not 21 how is that going to make it better. they have to draw the line somewhere and they drew it at 15 rounds.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #160
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The current laws are already prohibitive. For example, people can't own fully automatic guns, that's just one example.
Except the average Joe has no need for a fully automatic weapon.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #161
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Neither did Klebold or Harris.
Doh! Don't say that!!! More laws work!!!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #162
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
no banning ALL magazines would be prohibition. Banning some magazines is regulation.
Please. That's completely arbitrary.

Sacramental Wine was legal during Prohibition. Therefore Prohibition wasn't really prohibition. It was "Regulation"
Old 03-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #163
JimmyFocus
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
You realize background checks have been required for years when you buy a gun right? This law will have zero effect on criminals getting firearms.
not for private or online sales.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #164
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
the government gives you limits on everything you do. its life. its like saying shouldn't the age limit to drink be 20 not 21 how is that going to make it better. they have to draw the line somewhere and they drew it at 15 rounds.
Again, I'm ok with regulation on things not protected by the constitution assuming the regulation is sensible and works.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #165
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

Quote:
. they have to draw the line somewhere and they drew it at 15 rounds.
or what? What would have happend if they didn't? come on, think of something good!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #166
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

....Wonder when I will give up on the ignorance of the leftist...
Old 03-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #167
nyuk nyuk

So one lunatic (James Holmes) using a large capacity magazine brought on this ban. So when is the next lunatic that abuses a 15 round magazine going to bring on another ban?

ONE lunatic never justifies anything - let alone something this sweeping and far-reaching. If we're going to apply this attitude, let's ban alcohol or at least limit the size and quantity of bottles that can be bought, and demand that purchasers pass background checks.

After all, more people are killed in drunken driving crashes than are murdered with guns, and it IS about "saving lives," right??

Or is it?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #168
JimmyFocus
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Again, I'm ok with regulation on things not protected by the constitution assuming the regulation is sensible and works.

there are regulations on every amendment to the constitution.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #169
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
Except I don't feel that I am being limited. If I want to get a firearm for personal protection, I can still do that. If I want to go and get myself a nice shotgun or rifle to enjoy hunting that the Midwest has to offer, I can still do that.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #170
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Except the average Joe has no need for a fully automatic weapon.
I'm ok with some laws too, but there is a slippery slope. I don't want my neighbor to own a rocket launcher because well, there's simply too many idiots around who might do something stupid, albeit without malice, with something like this. That being said, I think high capacity magazines bear no affect on whether the community at large is safer or not. Crazy people are going to do crazy things regardless, and the same with the criminals.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #171
nyuk nyuk

Quote:

A background check before you can drive?

Uh, you just outed yourself as ignorant on guns, using the pop culture word "clip." The word is magazine.

It's okay though - a few days ago I had an anti-gun hysteric tell me that "clips" and bullets are loaded from the TOP of the gun.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #172
JimmyFocus
Solid Starter

Quote:
or what? What would have happend if they didn't? come on, think of something good!
ok. they didn't HAVE to draw the line, but facts are they did draw the line. you just don't like where they drew the line.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #173
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I'm ok with some laws too, but there is a slippery slope. I don't want my neighbor to own a rocket launcher because well, there's simply too many idiots around who might do something stupid, albeit without malice, with something like this. That being said, I think high capacity magazines bear no affect on whether the community at large is safer or not. Crazy people are going to do crazy things regardless, and the same with the criminals.
This is the basic situation:

Emotionally bothered people (Fields) and some of her latte-sipping Boulderite hippy friends have gotten together to dictate to people in a state with a very wide-ranging way of living that their view of what is good for them is good for everyone.

That someone sipping latte on University Hill in Boulder feels that a smaller-round magazine is adequate never bothered asking someone living out on the high plains guarding their large ranch with hundreds of animals against predators and livestock thieves. Nor did they ask anyone that lives in the mountains near bear and mountain lions. Then you have the problem of multiple-attacker home invasions, and anyone with rifle experience knows that "assault rifles" have less recoil than shotguns which means that the former are easier for women and older people to defend with than the latter.

But leave it to the liberals, they're always trying to apply their one-size-fits-all internet cafe think tank solutions.

This law isn't about what is reasonably needed, it's about what makes the promoters of the legislation feel good. I would strongly suggest to these people that they find a high elsewhere - after all, we have legal pot here now.

If one person were ever a justification to ban anything, then let's ban alcohol since it kills far more people.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #174
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
there are regulations on every amendment to the constitution.
Never said I agreed with regulations on the other original ammendments either. But I assumed we were making an argument about guns and not every American right.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #175
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

Quote:
ok. they didn't HAVE to draw the line, but facts are they did draw the line. you just don't like where they drew the line.
absolutely.....they took what they could. Next time they will ask for more.