The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #126
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFocus View Post
So you are all for a law that does nothing?
what im saying is it doesnt stop anything like some where think it will. Much like other lawsa, drugs, child abuse, speeding murder etc... should there be laws against of course, does it stop anyone from doing it though, no
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #127
JimmyFocus
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
what im saying is it doesnt stop anything like some where think it will. Much like other lawsa, drugs, child abuse, speeding murder etc... should there be laws against of course, does it stop anyone from doing it though, no
this isn't intended to full out stop all that criminals, this is just made to make it harder on them to commit their crimes. just like the other laws you stated.
JimmyFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #128
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
this isn't intended to full out stop all that criminals, this is just made to make it harder on them to commit their crimes. just like the other laws you stated.
Harder how?
Cosmo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #129
JimmyFocus
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Harder how?
Well if a person has to go to the black market to get a gun rather than a store because they know they wont pass a background check, then it makes it harder on them.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #130
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Well if a person has to go to the black market to get a gun rather than a store because they know they wont pass a background check, then it makes it harder on them.
Absolutely. Because Black Markets are good for everyone.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #131
JimmyFocus
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Absolutely. Because Black Markets are good for everyone.
The black market was there before this law.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #132
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

So these new laws are infringing on your right to bear arms how?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #133
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
The black market was there before this law.
So why not let it expand, amirite? I mean the black market for drugs is obviously harmless. How bad could another one be that by simple definition always involves firearms?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #134
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I want an M4 with an extended clip. Oh, can't have it now. My rights have been infringed because the constitution never restricted what kind of gun i'm allowed to have.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #135
JimmyFocus
Solid Starter

Quote:
So why not let it expand, amirite? I mean the black market for drugs is obviously harmless. How bad could another one be that by simple definition always involves firearms?
with your reasoning. should we legalize drugs to get rid of the drug black market? They are both there and the laws against drugs and now guns just make it harder for criminals to commit crimes and use drugs. The black market for anything will always be there.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #136
B-Large

Quote:
Bacchus, should I start posting pictures of victims of car accidents and make a thread about banning cars?

Or perhaps sink hole victims and start a petition to ban the earth?

I don't care either way on the gun debate, but the banning cars argument is a poor comparison. Cars are designed and designated to be safe trasnportation for Americans to operate their lives. Gun are manufactured for one reason, lethality.

Also, I assume you are a small government conservative, would you really advocate massive intenvention by the Government over and above the massive amount of regulation they already have in the auto and transportation industry?

If gun owners don't like the laws in Colorado, get reps voted in a change them. Thats how the democratic process works, Colorado is heading liberal because liberals have done better job seeling their points... calling liberals "idiots" and sherriffs, public servants refusing to enforce laws does not help the conservative case for guns and enhances freedoms.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #137
JimmyFocus
Solid Starter

Quote:
I want an M4 with an extended clip. Oh, can't have it now. My rights have been infringed because the constitution never restricted what kind of gun i'm allowed to have.
no your rights have been regulated.
Just like you cant go into a crowded movie theater and shout fire. it doesn't mean your right to free speech has been infringed upon.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #138
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Love how I'm just throwing out a random few examples to compare making laws based on innocent people dying and they ignore most of the examples and latch on to the one poor one I gave.

The point was this. Plenty of other things cause death, at what point do we stop taking away our original constitutional rights to attempt to make us safer? Seriously, no one here agrees with New York banning soda size and unhealthy food, but its the same concept as gun control. Make laws in the name of making us safer because it possibly contributes to lower health and/or death. Who cares about our original rights, they are old and outdated....right?
You do know that the only purpose of a gun is to create destruction, correct? Of what other item can you say that?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #139
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
are you really saying criminals commit crimes anyway so there shouldn't be laws? come on now, these laws aren't meant to end all gun violence, but they will help make it harder on the criminals. How you could think mandatory background checks for everyone is a bad thing is beyond me.
Nope, he's saying laws are already in place that criminals break so more laws won't stop them, more laws only affect law abiding citizens.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #140
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Why do you need an M4 with an extended clip?

Your rights aren't being infringed upon. Try to understand the 2nd Amendment in the context it was actually written and provided for and leave the militant fantasies aside.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #141
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
You do know that the only purpose of a gun is to create destruction, correct? Of what other item can you say that?
My guns are for hunting, home protection and collecting.

Or are you going to argue that hunting is destruction but buying meat at the market isn't?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #142
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
I don't care either way on the gun debate, but the banning cars argument is a poor comparison. Cars are designed and designated to be safe trasnportation for Americans to operate their lives. Gun are manufactured for one reason, lethality.
An analogy that came up before (in another thread)... it would be relatively trivial today to build cars that are incapable of violating speed limits. Or that are forced to stop at stop signs and red lights. Would you support that?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #143
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
My guns are for hunting, home protection and collecting.

Or are you going to argue that hunting is destruction but buying meat at the market isn't?
So you need an M4 with an extended clip to hunt or for home protection or just to collect?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #144
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Why do you need an M4 with an extended clip?

Your rights aren't being infringed upon. Try to understand the 2nd Amendment in the context it was actually written and provided for and leave the militant fantasies aside.
I do know what the 2nd ammendment was for, do you?

It was created to prevent the government from removing arms from the people to prevent tyrany, to allow the people to hunt and protect their homes using them.

If I get a pistol only, and the government has M4s, then how is that any different than the government with pistols and me with nothing?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #145
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
with your reasoning. should we legalize drugs to get rid of the drug black market? They are both there and the laws against drugs and now guns just make it harder for criminals to commit crimes and use drugs. The black market for anything will always be there.
What you're saying is prohibition works. It really doesn't. Especially with things that are so culturally ingrained.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #146
JimmyFocus
Solid Starter

Quote:
What you're saying is prohibition works. It really doesn't. Especially with things that are so culturally ingrained.
you are confusing prohibition with regulation.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:33 AM   #147
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
The current laws are already prohibitive. For example, people can't own fully automatic guns, that's just one example.

I really think these types of laws should be a state issue. Most liberals are ok with this, that is, in states like CA if you want more restrictive laws then the state can have them. What CA can't do is outlaw all firearms as this would be unconstitutional. Now, on the flipside (and where liberals would disagree because they only think one way-their way) is that other states like Wyoming could ease up on laws and allow people to own things like fully automatic weapons, for example, or guns that have high capacity magazines.

Again, this should be a state issue. Just like marijuana, just like the institution of marriage (one man and one woman as opposed to gay marriage) and other issues. But most liberals don't like this either.

Liberals are the least understanding when it comes to self determination and personal rights. They are the biggest of hypocrits. Everything is fine and dandy as long as you believe and think the way they believe and think. If you don't, they label you as a biggot, or uneducated.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 03-21-2013 at 09:36 AM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #148
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Look, the government can regular all they want about cars. Transportation is not a constitutional right. You can make my car go 10 mph and use hamster power for all I care. I know its never been a constitutional right and they can regulate the hell out of it.

End of story.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #149
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
So you need an M4 with an extended clip to hunt or for home protection or just to collect?
Show me the founding father who said the 2nd Amendment was about hunting.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #150
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

The most hilarious thing about all of this discussion though is this:

We just legalized pot because the regulation thereof doesn't work.

We just put more regulation on guns because we think it will work.

Nothing odd about that?