The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #101
Binkythefrog
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 412
Default

Don't see a problem with universal background checks - if it makes it a little harder for a crazy person to buy a gun - I think its worth it. I'm under no illusions that this will solve a gun/murder problem - I think there are other big problems related that we don't take care of.

Mental health /social worker services in the US are pretty pathetic right now - increasing cuts to these types of programs doesn't help the situation. I have a family member who is having issues - luckily she has a lot of family support, but I can't imagine what would happen to her if she had to rely on public services as they have been decimated. Case workers/facilities are inundated with people who need help, and so many who need help are left to fend for themselves.

Mass murders won't be prevented by arming everyone to the teeth in schools, nor will gun control laws. I think we need to take a closer look at identifying mental health issues and providing necessary treatment. Our media and pols focus so much on guns - when we should be focusing on root causes and on people and how to help people conquer their demons so they don't go over the cliff and kill.
Binkythefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #102
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,123

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

So we shouldn't bother with laws because people will break them eh? Jesus you NRA types are god damn daft.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #103
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
So we shouldn't bother with laws because people will break them eh? Jesus you NRA types are god damn daft.
Yes, that is exactly what everyone is saying.

Good lord man, I am exiting this thread and not looking back. Just wow.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #104
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,352
Default

The Government took what they could, but made sure they didn't eliminate jobs in Colorado. Props to Magpul for moving out anyways. I would hope that these new laws will cost Hiskenlooper their political careers in the next election, but I doubt it.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #105
Mecklomaniac
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Mecklomaniac's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WA
Posts: 760

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jack Dolbin
Default

Mini 14 rifle vs AR 15 assault rifle
10 round magazine vs 30 round.



Mecklomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #106
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecklomaniac View Post
Mini 14 rifle vs AR 15 assault rifle
10 round magazine vs 30 round.



excellent video....FYI, anyone have an extra mini-30 they want to sell me?
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #107
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
So we shouldn't bother with laws because people will break them eh? Jesus you NRA types are god damn daft.
I thought this was essentially the same argument behind drug decriminalization.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #108
jhat01
Ring of Famer
 
jhat01's Avatar
 
Knuckle Dragging Homer

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: West River
Posts: 1,864

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam
Default

But doesn't it just make you feel warm and fuzzy now that some whacko has to spend a second and a half doing a couple reloads? This magazine ban is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. What about the thousands of grandfathered 30 rounders? oh yeah, let's not talk about that. People act like this is some sort of big deal, it's a crock that makes those clown legislators feel good about themselves.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #109
DBruleU
Ring of Famer
 
DBruleU's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Boulder
Posts: 3,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhat01 View Post
But doesn't it just make you feel warm and fuzzy now that some whacko has to spend a second and a half doing a couple reloads? This magazine ban is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. What about the thousands of grandfathered 30 rounders? oh yeah, let's not talk about that. People act like this is some sort of big deal, it's a crock that makes those clown legislators feel good about themselves.
It's liberalism at it's finest. Pass legislation that does absolutely nothing to solve the problem in order to make you feel good. They have a propensity of pushing through legislation that's unpopular and doesn't work and luckily for them voters these days are morons and don't know what the eff is going on.

Reading the Denver post article yesterday on Hick's signing of this bill made me chuckle. First, we have people from outside our state (Mark Kelly, Sandy Hook parents, etc) influencing our states politics. Then we have these parents, or family members of the Aurora shooting and Sandy Hook basically telling Gov Hick that hes leading our nation right now and is incredibly brave and this will lead to saving lives.
DBruleU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #110
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Cosmo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Greeley Colorado!!!
Posts: 979
Default

Love how I'm just throwing out a random few examples to compare making laws based on innocent people dying and they ignore most of the examples and latch on to the one poor one I gave.

The point was this. Plenty of other things cause death, at what point do we stop taking away our original constitutional rights to attempt to make us safer? Seriously, no one here agrees with New York banning soda size and unhealthy food, but its the same concept as gun control. Make laws in the name of making us safer because it possibly contributes to lower health and/or death. Who cares about our original rights, they are old and outdated....right?
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #111
JimmyFocus
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Love how I'm just throwing out a random few examples to compare making laws based on innocent people dying and they ignore most of the examples and latch on to the one poor one I gave.

The point was this. Plenty of other things cause death, at what point do we stop taking away our original constitutional rights to attempt to make us safer? Seriously, no one here agrees with New York banning soda size and unhealthy food, but its the same concept as gun control. Make laws in the name of making us safer because it possibly contributes to lower health and/or death. Who cares about our original rights, they are old and outdated....right?
They aren't taking away your constitutional rights. There are regulations on every amendment. They aren't taking away your guns. Laws change with the times. Deal with it. It's not as serious as your are making it.
JimmyFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #112
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhat01 View Post
But doesn't it just make you feel warm and fuzzy now that some whacko has to spend a second and a half doing a couple reloads? This magazine ban is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of. What about the thousands of grandfathered 30 rounders? oh yeah, let's not talk about that. People act like this is some sort of big deal, it's a crock that makes those clown legislators feel good about themselves.

it's about the next election...

"Go ahead and sell 30 round magazines for the rest of the country, but they will not be allowed in Colorado. We have to protect the children.

Hopefully we still have your support in the next election ...wink, wink,"

Last edited by bronco militia; 03-21-2013 at 09:33 AM..
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #113
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,732
Default

Next thing you know there will be speed limits. And legal drinking ages. And age of consent laws. What freedoms will these fascists take away next!
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:37 AM   #114
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,198

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
So we shouldn't bother with laws because people will break them eh? Jesus you NRA types are god damn daft.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #115
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Cosmo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Greeley Colorado!!!
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFocus View Post
They aren't taking away your constitutional rights. There are regulations on every amendment. They aren't taking away your guns. Laws change with the times. Deal with it. It's not as serious as your are making it.
I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in this argument, but its too late, already annoyed at the ignorance going on.

1) We already have evidence that gun control, even to the extreme like in England, doesn't work.....so why would limiting clips or making more registration do anything?

2) Name a gun incident where the person commiting the crime wasn't already a criminal or mentally incapacited. People who commit these crimes don't obey laws, they ignore them, so this law means nothing and will not protect anyone.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #116
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,198

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Cosmo, it's too late. The leftists in this thread went full retard when they equated this to speeding tickets and essentially accused anyone defending the second ammendment of being an anarchist.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #117
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Cosmo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Greeley Colorado!!!
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Next thing you know there will be speed limits. And legal drinking ages. And age of consent laws. What freedoms will these fascists take away next!
And none of that is considered a right by constitution. So your argument is pointless.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #118
JimmyFocus
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in this argument, but its too late, already annoyed at the ignorance going on.

1) We already have evidence that gun control, even to the extreme like in England, doesn't work.....so why would limiting clips or making more registration do anything?

2) Name a gun incident where the person commiting the crime wasn't already a criminal or mentally incapacited. People who commit these crimes don't obey laws, they ignore them, so this law means nothing and will not protect anyone.
are you really saying criminals commit crimes anyway so there shouldn't be laws? come on now, these laws aren't meant to end all gun violence, but they will help make it harder on the criminals. How you could think mandatory background checks for everyone is a bad thing is beyond me.
JimmyFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:43 AM   #119
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Cosmo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Greeley Colorado!!!
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Cosmo, it's too late. The leftists in this thread went full retard when they equated this to speeding tickets and essentially accused anyone defending the second ammendment of being an anarchist.
I agree its probably too late, but at this point, I can't help but try.

I'm just annoyed because I left California (not an actual Californian) and moved back to Colorado to get away from this liberalist stupidity. Now they are ruining this state too. I mean, hell, how can anyone think California is an example of how the country should be....with its cripling debt and crime and mass exodus of people/jobs.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #120
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Cosmo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Greeley Colorado!!!
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFocus View Post
are you really saying criminals commit crimes anyway so there shouldn't be laws? come on now, these laws aren't meant to end all gun violence, but they will help make it harder on the criminals. How you could think mandatory background checks for everyone is a bad thing is beyond me.
No, I'm saying these two laws won't do a damn thing. They just ultimately lead to complete gun control, which is a bad thing. As previously posted, slippery slope....
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #121
JimmyFocus
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
No, I'm saying these two laws won't do a damn thing. They just ultimately lead to complete gun control, which is a bad thing. As previously posted, slippery slope....
so you are more upset at what "might" happen, rather then what is happening? good luck with that.
JimmyFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #122
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football
 
bfoflcommish's Avatar
 
GO..........BRONCOS

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mile High
Posts: 3,483

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater
Default

i'm 100% for background checks, i find it funny how the left things people like me arent. but the reality is THIS LAW DOES NOTHING! it may make you feel safer but in reality it doesnt.

anyone who thinks this law will save a life is kidding themselves. someone who wants to do bad will. be it 1 round at a time or 30 rounds at a time, be it gun or hammer or car. this law address an issue that didnt need addressing.

p.s. I dont even have a gun in my house
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #123
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Gun worshippers on the Mane slide into depression after they realize that they can only fulfill their fantasies in Call of Duty.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:56 AM   #124
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,198

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
I agree its probably too late, but at this point, I can't help but try.

I'm just annoyed because I left California (not an actual Californian) and moved back to Colorado to get away from this liberalist stupidity. Now they are ruining this state too. I mean, hell, how can anyone think California is an example of how the country should be....with its cripling debt and crime and mass exodus of people/jobs.
Because they think government fixes everything and they don't have to pay for it. It's been shown the larger any organization gets they less efficient and more corrupt it becomes - and in their defense this is true of very large corporations as well. It's just corporations can't throw you in jail or take money out of your paycheck to pay for their bull crap. They don't have an army.

It doesn't matter. If you don't support the government deciding how you can protect you and your family, then you obviously hate all laws everywhere. Also, if one criminal abuses a right guaranteed in the constitution, then it's only fair we remove that right from everyone - especially those who aren't abusing it. We must legislate for the lowest common denominator!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:57 AM   #125
JimmyFocus
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
i'm 100% for background checks, i find it funny how the left things people like me arent. but the reality is THIS LAW DOES NOTHING! it may make you feel safer but in reality it doesnt.
So you are all for a law that does nothing?
JimmyFocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:50 AM.


Denver Broncos