The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #826
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Man first the Avs, then the Oilers and now squeak one out with only one goals against Columbus? Chicago needs to get back on track, especially against the bottom teams.
They will have to deal with the Ducks on Wednesday night and those tickets are one hot item. Ducks earlier beat the Hawks in OT at Chicago and now first trip to Anaheim. Ducks have closed on a big margin for the Western Conference #1 seed. Ducks winning 4 to 2 over San Jose going into the 3rd period. If they hold on, Ducks are only 5 points behind the Blackhawks as the Hawks go on the road. Amazing they get the record to start a season, a short one at that, and they still might not snag the #1 seed in the West.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #827
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I'm getting really tired of these late 3rd period garbage goals or empty netters by Stamkos.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #828
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I'm getting really tired of these late 3rd period garbage goals or empty netters by Stamkos.
Empty netters or not, he's by far the best goal scorer in the NHL.
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #829
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Boy. The Avs. No bueno.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #830
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

9 in a row. Boom Penguins.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #831
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
They will have to deal with the Ducks on Wednesday night and those tickets are one hot item. Ducks earlier beat the Hawks in OT at Chicago and now first trip to Anaheim. Ducks have closed on a big margin for the Western Conference #1 seed. Ducks winning 4 to 2 over San Jose going into the 3rd period. If they hold on, Ducks are only 5 points behind the Blackhawks as the Hawks go on the road. Amazing they get the record to start a season, a short one at that, and they still might not snag the #1 seed in the West.
Only a five point lead, even with a game in hand. Looking forward to Wednesday's game, is really a statement game for both teams. ****ty for Chicago that Anaheim is 12-0 in their last dozen at home.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:10 AM   #832
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Boo hoo. He's the best goal scorer either way.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:13 AM   #833
Aftermath
Creep

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Hope Ward gets back soon so my Stanley Cup prediction can get back on track. Picked Ducks vs Canes before the season. Also hope the Flyers suck for Seth Jones.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #834
Aftermath
Creep

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Oh and The Yotes got a helluva a deal re-signing Oliver Ekman-Larsson for 6 yrs / 5.5. OEL is going to be a top 5 dman in the league for a long time and still hardly anyone seems to know anything about him because he's on the Yotes. He has a chance to win the Norris trophy this year as well.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:05 AM   #835
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Oh and The Yotes got a helluva a deal re-signing Oliver Ekman-Larsson for 6 yrs / 5.5. OEL is going to be a top 5 dman in the league for a long time and still hardly anyone seems to know anything about him because he's on the Yotes. He has a chance to win the Norris trophy this year as well.
seeing D men like him is exactly why i want the Avs to land Seth Jones and fix the D once and for all. you'd have EJ,Jones,Hejda,Barrie,Siemens & Elliot available for the start of next season. dammit something would get fixed on that D.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:15 AM   #836
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Boo hoo. He's the best goal scorer either way.
You could also argue Crosby could be called "Secondary Sid" for all the secondary assists.

Let's also not forget phantom assists handed to the golden boy
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #837
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
You could also argue Crosby could be called "Secondary Sid" for all the secondary assists.

Let's also not forget phantom assists handed to the golden boy
we do not talk ill about the cross dressing queen.....otherwise we will face Socal's wrath! Head forward, eyes down!
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:22 PM   #838
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
we do not talk ill about the cross dressing queen.....otherwise we will face Socal's wrath! Head forward, eyes down!

He's a great player but that doesn't mean he doesn't have inflated assist numbers and obvious sexual orientation.

If we are going to call out Stamkos EN goals, it's fair game to call out Sid's secondary assists (which are hyped as primary lol) and his phantom assist specials.

Edit: it APPEARS that he has matured from his nutpunch days, but I am sure if the pens start losing he will be a bigger whining b**** than Skinner.

Skinner is ****ing unbearable. If that guy doesn't quit his little act, someone is going to knock him straight out of the NHL.

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 03-19-2013 at 04:24 PM..
Old 03-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #839
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Wouldn't be shocked if we lost tonight...Geno still out as is Letang....transition game and breakouts will suffer without Letang.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #840
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I'm cursed by empty nets..one way or another lol. Good to get a win in a tough game and 2 points for Sid (should have been 3). Good effort by Flower. Need to promote Beau to the top line and drop Duper. Paul Martin has really turned it around this year.

You guys played pretty well RedskinBronco.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 03-19-2013 at 08:17 PM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #841
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'm cursed by empty nets..one way or another lol. Good to get a win in a tough game and 2 points for Sid (should have been 3). Good effort by Flower. Need to promote Beau to the top line and drop Duper. Paul Martin has really turned it around this year.

You guys played pretty well RedskinBronco.
It's just not a very well constructed team. The talent discrepancy between Pens and Caps is huge right now IMO.

The caps had the chance to pull away with that 4 min PP but couldn't even set up except for maybe a 10 second span. Ovechkin gets triple teamed and then feels the need to do everything because everyone else just can't finish or make a skill play.

Chimera takes a stupid, uncalled for penalty to wake up the pens.

Honestly, you guys were due for a loss and will probably lose one here soon but even when the Pens are playing their B- game (IMO), they still pull out the W against this version of the caps who are so deficient in the talent department.

The caps are missing 3 top 6 forwards and a solid D or two. You cannot have a team full of grinders and soft players.

It is what it is, better if they just tank...
Old 03-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #842
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
It's just not a very well constructed team. The talent discrepancy between Pens and Caps is huge right now IMO.

The caps had the chance to pull away with that 4 min PP but couldn't even set up except for maybe a 10 second span. Ovechkin gets triple teamed and then feels the need to do everything because everyone else just can't finish or make a skill play.

Chimera takes a stupid, uncalled for penalty to wake up the pens.

Honestly, you guys were due for a loss and will probably lose one here soon but even when the Pens are playing their B- game (IMO), they still pull out the W against this version of the caps who are so deficient in the talent department.

The caps are missing 3 top 6 forwards and a solid D or two. You cannot have a team full of grinders and soft players.

It is what it is, better if they just tank...
It will be interesting to see how they do in the back to back against Winnipeg. They need at least 3 points from those games.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #843
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It will be interesting to see how they do in the back to back against Winnipeg. They need at least 3 points from those games.
They keep getting saved by the fact that everyone outside of Pittsburgh, Boston and Montreal truly sucks in the East.

I'd rather they just tank and get a franchise, blue chip type player from the draft. Even if they were going to squeak in with a pathetic Southeast division title or a miraculous climb to 7/8, they would get destroyed in the playoffs.

Quick and painless 48 game season. Take your medicine now and come back strong next season with a well constructed, tough team. Sucking for 82 games is much worse than this shortened season.

Kudos to Montreal for turning it around so quickly, that should be an example. So should the 2007-08 Flyers after their horrific previous season.

The east is Pens, Boston, Habs and a bunch of crappy teams. Ottawa with their guns back joins this group. I thought the canes would be better than what they are but their weak area (defense) is getting exposed.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #844
canadianbroncosfan

Well had the opportunity to meet Patrick Marleau tonight, who's in town to play the Oilers tomorrow. Might not be as big a deal for you guys, but pretty pumped to meet anyone that was apart of the 2010 Olympic Gold Medal team.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #845
Aftermath
Creep

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Well had the opportunity to meet Patrick Marleau tonight, who's in town to play the Oilers tomorrow. Might not be as big a deal for you guys, but pretty pumped to meet anyone that was apart of the 2010 Olympic Gold Medal team.

Nice! Him and Vanek are so fricken streaky but they're both phenomenal either way.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #846
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

I would rather meet a member of the 2010 Silver medal team!

USA! USA! USA!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #847
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
I would rather meet a member of the 2010 Silver medal team!

USA! USA! USA!
Been there, done that (This was from before he was an Olympic silver medalist)
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #848
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Nice comeback John.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:35 AM   #849
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Nice comeback John.
Great game and was big time playoff feel. They are doing this without Perry as he is ending his 4 game suspension. I am feeling pretty confident that this will be the Conference match-up but I think the Kings will have something to say about it when it is all done. Blues, I feel, are a team not to miss with for the playoffs.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:41 AM   #850
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Great game and was big time playoff feel. They are doing this without Perry as he is ending his 4 game suspension. I am feeling pretty confident that this will be the Conference match-up but I think the Kings will have something to say about it when it is all done. Blues, I feel, are a team not to miss with for the playoffs.
Kings live and die by the forecheck, and dont have the depth. Too many injuries.
Blues have their janitor as their back-up goalie right now. They have a nice thing goin, but i doubt it lasts.

ANA is loaded. Everywhere. If they stay healthy, its gonna be real hard to beat this team.
Wouldnt suprise me to see CHI drop a bunch of games now.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote