The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #76
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,512

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
I know people want the drama over with, but there's really no deadline for Doom or the Broncos to get this worked out. Just because Doom is shopping doesn't mean he's gone. Both sides need to explore all their options. I think it's most likely that he remains a Bronco because it seems unlikely that he'll get more money elsewhere.
i disagree. there is a deadline for Doom coming to the Broncos. and it is probably after Abraham visits. if after Freeney and Abraham visit the team is ready to make a deal with either, Doom is gone. the team isn't going to sit around all offseason letting Freeney, Abraham and Osi the only 3 guys in free agency who can potentially match Doom's output sign elsewhere just because Doom is upset about an offer. if he wants to be a Bronco he needs to make his decision before either guy visits because after that happens, Denver more than likely makes an offer and the deal he was offered becomes useless.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #77
Broncojef
Ring of Famer
 
Broncojef's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Great White North
Posts: 3,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i disagree. there is a deadline for Doom coming to the Broncos. and it is probably after Abraham visits. if after Freeney and Abraham visit the team is ready to make a deal with either, Doom is gone. the team isn't going to sit around all offseason letting Freeney, Abraham and Osi the only 3 guys in free agency who can potentially match Doom's output sign elsewhere just because Doom is upset about an offer. if he wants to be a Bronco he needs to make his decision before either guy visits because after that happens, Denver more than likely makes an offer and the deal he was offered becomes useless.
Completely agree.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #78
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,512

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Especially by following that up by drafting a big young DE or DT to help out the line now and into the future.

A lot of people want someone who will help Miller not get doubled a lot. If you really want that I think what we need is a DT who get a good push from the inside. Vickerson a run stopper, Unrien just so average and Ayers really sort of just avg at both the run and pass. He's not a bad player but not one that teams worry about accounting for in pass protection. Get better inside and that will help these outside guys get to the QB.

Could you imagine if we have a RDE who was a pass rusher? The poor RG and RT would have to really worry about when Miller was coming. You can draw a RB anywhere, even with a scrub blitzer you have to pick him up. But to get the guards worrying we have to have a big DT that really scares them.
Freeney or Abraham followed by Kawan Short and Le'Veon Bell in the 1st and 2nd rounds of the draft and i will freak out in pure happiness.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #79
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga
 
razorwire77's Avatar
 
"Not too shabby."

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 4,596

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Looks like Doom is probably gone. Time to sign plan B. Even a diminished Freeny or Abraham are going to produce with an animal like Von lining up on the opposite side, and occasionally freelancing as a joker. We'll be fine.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:43 AM   #80
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,453

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
any chance we can get both?
That was my thought too. Grab both for approx what we were gonna spend on doomber giving added flexibility and redundancy in the all important pass rush equation for the next two years along with Von, Wolfe, Ayers, Beal & Malik all capable or rushing the QB and most all of them better against the run than Doom.

In reality, they will take the best of Freeney, Abraham, Osi and likely draft a young DE to develop and who can play some now.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #81
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,453

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i disagree. there is a deadline for Doom coming to the Broncos. and it is probably after Abraham visits. if after Freeney and Abraham visit the team is ready to make a deal with either, Doom is gone. the team isn't going to sit around all offseason letting Freeney, Abraham and Osi the only 3 guys in free agency who can potentially match Doom's output sign elsewhere just because Doom is upset about an offer. if he wants to be a Bronco he needs to make his decision before either guy visits because after that happens, Denver more than likely makes an offer and the deal he was offered becomes useless.
Alas, Doom may well have reverted to his documented Dummer side (see flashing a gun in a road rage fiasco) and gone all butt hurt and emotional over it all... Too bad but time to move on if he is still jerking around by noon today. Period! He doesn't need any more time to understand what he had ... and will lose... in Denver.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #82
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,777
Default

Prisco think Freeney is going to end up in Baltimore?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pe...nary-or-not---
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #83
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

I'd rather see Abraham a Bronco, stout against the run and a more productive pass rusher.

He just needs to be realistic about money and sign on for the Lombardi.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #84
MagicHef
Ring of Famer
 
MagicHef's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,360

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i disagree. there is a deadline for Doom coming to the Broncos. and it is probably after Abraham visits. if after Freeney and Abraham visit the team is ready to make a deal with either, Doom is gone. the team isn't going to sit around all offseason letting Freeney, Abraham and Osi the only 3 guys in free agency who can potentially match Doom's output sign elsewhere just because Doom is upset about an offer. if he wants to be a Bronco he needs to make his decision before either guy visits because after that happens, Denver more than likely makes an offer and the deal he was offered becomes useless.
Right, because Osi, Freeney and Abraham are pretty hot commodities right now. If the Broncos don't act soon, we might miss out on them!
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #85
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,209

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
I'd rather see Abraham a Bronco, stout against the run and a more productive pass rusher.

He just needs to be realistic about money and sign on for the Lombardi.
I agree, Freeney seems like a significant downgrade from Dumervil. At least Abraham brings something different to the table to compensate.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #86
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,512

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Right, because Osi, Freeney and Abraham are pretty hot commodities right now. If the Broncos don't act soon, we might miss out on them!
they are all visiting teams, and at any time could receive an offer. there isn't a bidding war for these guys but there is interest. Elway has shown he won't bend to the will of a player, and unless Freeney and Abraham are so worn down they can't do anything, or want a ****load of money, one of them more than likely becomes a Bronco and that contract either signs is from the money Doom was offered.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #87
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Arran Andersen ‏@arranandersen 2m

Abraham and Freeney have concluded visits to Dove Valley. NFL Network reports neither was offered a contract. #Broncos
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #88
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis
 
Hulamau's Avatar
 
In the Pocket

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Hulaville and Sedona
Posts: 9,453

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I agree, Freeney seems like a significant downgrade from Dumervil. At least Abraham brings something different to the table to compensate.
Freeney has some injury issues year before last and was stuck as a 3-4 LB last year which was never his gig... He'll be much more like his old self in our system with Von and a stout interior line around him.

For sure opposing Offenses will have to account for him on all passing downs .. same as they would Abraham, so in either of those two cases, we dont lose a whole lot as far as keeping Von wheeling free along the line.

If either one can give 10 sacks with opposing offenses so worried about Von and having Knighton and Wolfe crashing in from the middle and left side respectively while Vickerson holds his end of the bargain, there will be plenty more opportunities for wrecking serious QB havoc from either of these guys through this coming season even if not so many sacks.

Wished Doom would straighten up and fly right, but if he is gonna pout and play butt hurt this season they forget it and move on already. Its not that big a drop off at all with Von and this building defense with either of these two seasoned vet pass rushers filling Dooms role. both of which are better against the run than Doom.

Last edited by Hulamau; 03-21-2013 at 06:26 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #89
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,087
Default

I would way rather have Abraham, but once pass rushers pass what ever age is too old for them individually, they completely fall off the cliff. Past production is basically no indicator for when that time will come. See: Simeon Rice, Denver Bronco.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #90
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,315

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
I would way rather have Abraham, but once pass rushers pass what ever age is too old for them individually, they completely fall off the cliff. Past production is basically no indicator for when that time will come. See: Simeon Rice, Denver Bronco.
Except Rice was done the year before he ever came to the Broncos.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:44 PM   #91
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
I would way rather have Abraham, but once pass rushers pass what ever age is too old for them individually, they completely fall off the cliff. Past production is basically no indicator for when that time will come. See: Simeon Rice, Denver Bronco.
Well Rice was done the year before Denver signed him and a head case. I get your jist though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #92
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Well Rice was done the year before Denver signed him and a head case. I get your jist though.
Plus wasnt rice coming off a crappy shoulder injury?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Denver Broncos