The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 05:26 PM   #51
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
good lord you post like a whiney biatch girl all the time. I'm just pointing out some facts--fact, Magpul who employed a relatively large number of employees has left the state because of this law, hence, less jobs and less tax revenue.

On the other hand, legalized cheeba which hopefully helps the economy instead of hinders it.

Not sure how this was about BO but whatever.
That's why I have this fool on iggy. By the way he posts, I'd say he's mentally unstable and will not be passing a background check anytime soon.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #52
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
It isn't and if it saves just a couple of lives it is worth it..............

All you naysayers would think seriously different if your family was touched by this BS and to think you have to fight your ass off to get these common sense things through................
So losing your rights is ok as long as it saves a few lives?

OK....let's turn this around...let's ban some books, or allow some citizens to be arrested and not others....let's make EVERY RIGHT in the Constitution subject to this same logic.

Let's violate the civil rights of people who are arrested and charged with a crime....I mean after all if it saves just a couple of lives, it is worth it (your own words) correct? Sure some innocent people will be thrown in jail....but how many violent criminals would we snag?

and like you said, if your family was touched by this BS you would think seriously differently....if your home was invaded, your mom, wife or daughter raped, you or your wife/kids mugged, you or a family member carjacked?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #53
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yep those damn liberals are the devil for wanting to save a few lives..........next Obama will want to take all your guns away except for the fact he has never ever even insuated that was his intention.....................
Please tell me how this law is going to prevent someone from shooting up a school or theater?

Just as your claiming if it saves just one life it's worth it...if there is just one gun murder wouldn't that mean it's worthless?

And if you seriously think he'd announce his intentions, then you need a check up from the neck up.....it's like the frog in the pot of water......try to drop him in a boiling pot and he'll hop out....but put him in witht he water cold, and then gradually turn the heat up, by the time he realizes the imminent doom....it's too late.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #54
Rolandftw

I wasn't aware gun clips being x size was a right. Must have missed that somewhere in the Constitution.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #55
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Cause you know your wrong.................hope you never have to personally deal with gun vilence in your life.
This guy saved 10 lives.....

Old 03-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #56
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Sorry that liberals from my state moved to your state and ruined it.
I've always said the problem with Colorado is all of the Californians.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #57
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Shut up and pull your head out .

When these wack jobs go to change clips they get taken down, its happened time and time again.

Use your freakin head................
Yeah, right.....changing magazines takes less than a second.....****ing idiot!

But who takes them down? You without a gun or the person who has his own concealed gun?
Old 03-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #58
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP-06 View Post
I hear you but the kid in Conn took his moms weapon. Do they have a bill for that?
Provided that incident even happened at all......lots of weird info coming out on that Sandy Hook shooting.

Kid that never attended the school had her pic posted as one of the victims.....footage of cops rushing the school that wasn't the school but another school going thru a drill....pictures a victim that was sitting on Obama's lap two days later....victim memorial fund webpages set up days and even weeks earlier....not one tear shed by any of the parents interviewed (Robbie Parker, etc..) the car the shooter allegedly stole from his mom was registered to a criminal, etc....etc.

Things that made me go hmmmm.....
Old 03-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #59
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Cause you know your wrong.................hope you never have to personally deal with gun vilence in your life.
And if I do, I'd realize that a person caused the violence and not the weapon of choice.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #60
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
first he killed her, then he took her guns.
How could that possibly happen...Connecticut had banned AR-15 rifles.

And the school was a gun free zone....so how could he possibly kill his mom and then steal her car and shoot up a school? Doesn't the law prevent such things from happening?
Old 03-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #61
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Well, at least this didn't disintegrate quickly. Good lord, this is why I just keep my NRA card-carrying opinions to myself. All it took was someone at work once catching wind that I just returned from a deer hunting trip to let me know how stupid and misinformed some people are.

But hey, whatever.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #62
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
Larimer County Sheriff (among others) has said he will not enforce the new laws.
Then he (they) gonna be outta their job come next election.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #63
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
I guess I understand the view that it's not going to fix everything. It's a multi-faceted issue, and this would only be one part of having an impact on gun violence.

But does this really negatively impact any gun owners life? Is being forced to change your magazine more frequently enough of a deal to massively oppose such legislation? Obviously if criminals really want access to firearms they probably will find a way to do so. But shouldn't we make it as difficult as possible for them?

Let's say it is a minimal impact... 5 lives a year are saved with such legislation. Is your inconvenience in reloading your magazine clips more frequently worth more then those lives?
And what if your life is snuffed out because you only had 10 rounds and the home invaders had 50?

I'd say that it'd be more than just an inconvenience wouldn't you?

the way you wina battle is you destroy your opponent's will to fight...and when a thug with a knife or hand gun walks in and is facing the barrel of an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine....it puts a serious damper on his mood and he'll probably realize he's broken into the wrong home.

Last edited by errand; 03-20-2013 at 06:11 PM..
Old 03-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #64
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I think we should let people make nuclear weapons. Since no regulation of any form is going to prevent someone from committing an act of violence, we should make it as easy as possible for them to commit said violence.

I'll have my freedom!!!
A nuke in the hands of a law abiding citizen that values life isn't dangerous......a nuke in the hands of a psycho criminal mind that doesn't value life is.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #65
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I wasn't aware gun clips being x size was a right. Must have missed that somewhere in the Constitution.
It's right there next to musket and the 10 round limit.......
Old 03-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #66
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Maybe because the constitution allows us to own weapons "in common use for lawful purposes"...not "in common use for lawful purposes, but with a small magazine"

Take a Glock 17 or an AR 15, both perfectly legal and widely popular weapons for home defense. What does this do for people wanting them going forward?

I realize opinions vary here, I just think it's a very dangerous foot in the door to an amendment that is pretty important.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #67
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Maybe because the constitution allows us to own weapons "in common use for lawful purposes"...not "in common use for lawful purposes, but with a small magazine"

Take a Glock 17 or an AR 15, both perfectly legal and widely popular weapons for home defense. What does this do for people wanting them going forward?

I realize opinions vary here, I just think it's a very dangerous foot in the door to an amendment that is pretty important.
I wonder how many rounds are in the magazines of Secret Service agents, police and other personal protectors of legislators? I mean if my life is only worth 10 rounds why aren't theirs?

Are the president's children more important than mine or yours? I don't think so.....

Still haven't heard one plan on keeping guns out of the hands of criminals......
Old 03-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #68
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
How dense are you ?

Why don't we start selling to children and anyone wanting one regardless of criminal record at convenience stores ?

Would that make you happy ?

I suppose your one who believes you should be able to carry round a rocket launcher as well.
Like a typical lib you failed to answer the question. Nice job buddy oh BTW link one mass shooting that was stopped when a guy was swapping magazines. It takes no time to swap them. In the meantime I'll wait for you to answer a question.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #69
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
So since weed went legal what is the price of an ounce of killer CO OG KUSH in Denver?
fyp

prob <$300ish
Old 03-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #70
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
Then he (they) gonna be outta their job come next election.
The only way those guys are out of a job is if they're term-limited.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #71
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
What do you mean? We can trust the government.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #72
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
What do you mean? We can trust the government.
Yes, just ask the Sioux, Apache, Cherokee and other "native Americans" and the American's of Japanese descent....the government is always truthful.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #73
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Liberals want guns confiscated and a full repeal of the second amendment. That's the goal. A goal that is not achievable at this point in time. Instead, they will demand and in some cases achieve "sensible gun regulations" such as magazine limits and background checks that will have no effect on criminal gun violence. When these "sensible regulations" predictably fail, they will declare the need for more stringent reform. So while it seems these laws are stupid and pointless, they are pivotal and calculated stepping stones toward the ultimate goal.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:29 PM   #74
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I'll demonstrate this absurdity by being absurd myself.

Well if we're gonna be OK with background checks for private citizens selling to other private citizens, perhaps we should have them for automobiles that are purchased between private citizens as well?

Afterall...more people are killed by automobiles than guns. And given that a car in the hands of a drunk person is a 3,000lb missle that can wipe out an entire family we need to know if these "weapons" are being purchased by people who have less than stellar driving records or have outstanding tickets, previous DUI arrests/convictions, no history of mental illness, etc....

The fact that none of the laws passed will prevent ANY crimes is never mentioned when these laws are passed.
False Equivalency = fail

Last edited by Jekyll15Hyde; 03-20-2013 at 07:31 PM..
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #75
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 158
Size:  131.3 KB
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote