The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #2426
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I don't think Geno will be there at 8. The Jags just had a private workout with him and they loved him. They also raved over him at his workout (read both on SI).

I think they really do want him. I think the Raiders and possibly the Eagles do too.

The best option the Bills have IMO is Mallet and there is no way Belichik is trading him to a divisional rival.

This makes me feel a lot better about Alex Smith. He seems to be the best choice our brass could have picked at QB this season.
Don't the Jags have Gabbert? They are better off sticking with Gabbert another year and then drafting a QB next year. Or, they should wait and draft a QB in the 2nd round of this draft.

I seriously doubt they draft another mistake at QB in the top 10. I bet they try to trade down...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #2427
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He doesn't want Geno. That article doesn't even say he's looking at him. He said "He's a good QB" and they are looking at options. The Chiefs picked THE worst year to pick number one overall. There are people trying to trade up, and maybe there is a team who is stupid enough to waste a high pick on Geno Smith, but Reid isn't stupid and knows QB's. If he takes Smith it would be after trading back or trading back into the second round.
That was the point I was trying to make, he is trying to make it look like they could possibly take him to land a trade partner to trade down with out of the 1 slot.

They are desperate, they know the value is not there.

Pretty funny.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #2428
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
That was the point I was trying to make, he is trying to make it look like they could possibly take him to land a trade partner to trade down with out of the 1 slot.

They are desperate, they know the value is not there.

Pretty funny.
It doesn't hurt him at all. With the overwhelming amount of love that the Jags have shown Geno, it appears that anyone else who wants Geno is going to have to trade with us.

The Jags are helping us, if anything.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #2429
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
It doesn't hurt him at all. With the overwhelming amount of love that the Jags have shown Geno, it appears that anyone else who wants Geno is going to have to trade with us.

The Jags are helping us, if anything.
Do you think they are going to go after Milner (the CB) or OL if no one bites on their trading out of the 1st overall pick?

They could really use a CB to cover all of Denver's weapons.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #2430
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
I don't think Geno will be there at 8. The Jags just had a private workout with him and they loved him. They also raved over him at his workout (read both on SI).

I think they really do want him. I think the Raiders and possibly the Eagles do too.

The best option the Bills have IMO is Mallet and there is no way Belichik is trading him to a divisional rival.

This makes me feel a lot better about Alex Smith. He seems to be the best choice our brass could have picked at QB this season.
So because all these teams are starting to fall in love with Geno, you're glad the Chiefs traded away all those picks for Alex Smith?

Explain the logic here.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #2431
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The Bills cut Fitzpatrick, right? Wow, this is a franchise almost as dumb as kc. They should draft a QB, but they should not trade up to do it. They need to get a guy like Matt Moore to come in and be a bridge to a young draft pick QB.

I'd be very suprised if the Bills give up much to trade to the #1 pick. They may try and trade up, but I doubt they offer a whole lot in exchange.
Matt Moore re-signed with the Dolphins but I agree no one is going to give up much (if at all) for the #1 pick. It's just bad luck for the Chiefs this time that there are a number of players that could go #1.

And I don't think the Jaguars will necessarily go for a QB, though they need one. They have so many needs they could go with at that pick. They could probably draft a QB later on and ride out another bad year with Henne and Gabbert. They're not going to contend this year anyway.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #2432
FearLanier

Quote:
Do you think they are going to go after Milner (the CB) or OL if no one bites on their trading out of the 1st overall pick?

They could really use a CB to cover all of Denver's weapons.
I don't think they'll take a CB at 1 since the draft is so deep at CB. What's the difference between Milliner and a CB like Robert Alford who will most likely be there in the 3rd round? I don't see a big difference.

Our GM said we have 8-10 guys they like.

So far they have shown a huge interest in Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, Floyd, Jordan and Ansah.

Reid's history says we're taking a pass rusher. He loves them. If I had to guess, I'd say Dion Jordan, but Branden Albert is supposably on the trade block, so if he's traded we'll probably take Joeckel.

We'll find out more though. Dorsey said they still have workouts/visits with some top prospects. If I had to guess, I think that Star Lotulelie and Sheldon Richardson will get some strong looks too. All for either #1 pick or if we trade down.

Last edited by FearLanier; 03-20-2013 at 06:27 PM..
Old 03-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #2433
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

We just signed a ****ty starting CB so we're set there.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #2434
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
I don't think they'll take a CB at 1 since the draft is so deep at CB. What's the difference between Milliner and a CB like Robert Alford who will most likely be there in the 3rd round? I don't see a big difference.

Our GM said we have 8-10 guys they like.

So far they have shown a huge interest in Joeckel, Fisher, Johnson, Floyd, Jordan and Ansah.

Reid's history says we're taking a pass rusher. He loves them. If I had to guess, I'd say Dion Jordan, but Branden Albert is supposably on the trade block, so if he's traded we'll probably take Joeckel.

We'll find out more though. Dorsey said they still have workouts/visits with some top prospects. If I had to guess, I think that Star Lotulelie and Sheldon Richardson will get some strong looks too. All for either #1 pick or if we trade down.
Good luck trying to trade Albert with all his baggage and this being a deep draft for OTs.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #2435
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Good luck trying to trade Albert with all his baggage and this being a deep draft for OTs.
What baggage does he have? He's been medically cleared. Passed his physical with no back problems at all. They said no long term problems are there so I'm confused?

Albert is being rumored to go to Miami for their 2nd round pick, which seems very possible since they are in "win now" mode, Jeff Ireland's job is on the line and they would most likely have to trade up to get one of the 3 OT's.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #2436
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Albert doesn't have any baggage.

He's spent two seasons at the top of the pass blocking efficiency ratings for left tackles, so he's got a lot of value.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #2437
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post

He's spent two seasons at the top of the pass blocking efficiency ratings for left tackles, so he's got a lot of value.
No contract= not elite.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #2438
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post

Think of it this way, he was on a 2 win team and the new coach does not want to invest in him. What does that tell you?
Old 03-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #2439
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
What baggage does he have? He's been medically cleared. Passed his physical with no back problems at all. They said no long term problems are there so I'm confused?

Albert is being rumored to go to Miami for their 2nd round pick, which seems very possible since they are in "win now" mode, Jeff Ireland's job is on the line and they would most likely have to trade up to get one of the 3 OT's.
Well back problems aren't that simple. It's good that he's been cleared but believe me, for a GM, that's still a concern if you're going to trade a high pick and give him a new contract.

Don't get me wrong, I said it was a great move for KC to tag him. I think most of KC's recent moves have been great except for Alex Smith. This is a draft loaded with OTs, even the ones outside of the top three should still be good players. IMO it would be foolish for Ireland to make that move.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #2440
FearLanier

After reading this I'm convinced that Branden Albert is gone.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...medium=twitter

I think he's heading to Miami and we'll get their 2nd and possibly another pick in return.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #2441
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

I think he's heading to Miami and we'll get their 2nd and possibly another pick in return.
yah maybe, you all might get that second round pick back... then the only question will be which LT will kc take?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:23 AM   #2442
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
yah maybe, you all might get that second round pick back... then the only question will be which LT will kc take?
Probably Joeckel.

It would be incredible if we got a trade with the Eagles, picked up more picks and then took Joeckel at 4, but I doubt that happens.

Can't hurt to dream though
Old 03-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #2443
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:

Sounds like kFc is content to tread water and not strengthen their team this year. This will be the 2nd position they addressed but didn't upgrade. Deuwayne Bow and now unloading Albert, who despite never making a Pro Bowl Boob and Sheepstud considered equal or better than Clady.

If you have an LT tagged why not draft another position of need on the OL rather than replace a guy, who if not spectacular, is productive? Don't they need a G, C, G, RT too?

This will be fun watching this play out, too bad kFc didn't still have Pioli and Romeo running this draft that could have been licensed out to Comedy Central for a reality show!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #2444
FearLanier

Quote:
Sounds like kFc is content to tread water and not strengthen their team this year. This will be the 2nd position they addressed but didn't upgrade. Deuwayne Bow and now unloading Albert, who despite never making a Pro Bowl Boob and Sheepstud considered equal or better than Clady.

If you have an LT tagged why not draft another position of need on the OL rather than replace a guy, who if not spectacular, is productive? Don't they need a G, C, G, RT too?

This will be fun watching this play out, too bad kFc didn't still have Pioli and Romeo running this draft that could have been licensed out to Comedy Central for a reality show!
This will be decided later after the draft is over. Schefter reported we are looking to get a 2nd this year and another additional pick next year.

Sounds like this is their attempt to get back some of that compensation to get Alex Smith.

They are also looking to trade down and have already talked to a few teams about it. It would be great if we got a 2nd this year and another pick next year for Albert and traded down to get another 2nd this year and a high pick next year while getting Joeckel, Fisher or Johnson.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #2445
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
This will be decided later after the draft is over. Schefter reported we are looking to get a 2nd this year and another additional pick next year.

Sounds like this is their attempt to get back some of that compensation to get Alex Smith.

They are also looking to trade down and have already talked to a few teams about it. It would be great if we got a 2nd this year and another pick next year for Albert and traded down to get another 2nd this year and a high pick next year while getting Joeckel, Fisher or Johnson.
I think trading down is the best option you could still get a top 2 OT and pick up some picks. I would be surprised to see anyone give a 2nd for a guy who has a history of back issues. Maybe someone offers a low pick this year and a comp pick next year?

Still cracks me up that Reid locked up Bowie for big money when there was a large quality FA class of WR's available. At some point they are going to need to start addressing the positions they have less than average players at and upgrading those.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #2446
FearLanier

Quote:
I think trading down is the best option you could still get a top 2 OT and pick up some picks. I would be surprised to see anyone give a 2nd for a guy who has a history of back issues. Maybe someone offers a low pick this year and a comp pick next year?

Still cracks me up that Reid locked up Bowie for big money when there was a large quality FA class of WR's available. At some point they are going to need to start addressing the positions they have less than average players at and upgrading those.
I don't get your logic here broncosteven. What WR should the Chiefs have signed instead of Bowe?

Percy Harvin is a nutcase cancer to any team, Greg Jennings is coming off a major injury that sidelined him most of last year, the Dolphins threw the house at Mike Wallace, Wes Welker is old and not an outside WR (his strength is in the slot on the inside).

Bowe is in the top 20 WR's all time for receiving yards in 6 seasons played. He's been a 1,000 caliber WR his entire career and look at what QB's he's been given?

Signing him was a great move and a must. Plus this draft is extremely deep with talented WR's. There's about 12-14 WR's who could really make an impact on a team this year.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #2447
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
I don't get your logic here broncosteven. What WR should the Chiefs have signed instead of Bowe?

Percy Harvin is a nutcase cancer to any team, Greg Jennings is coming off a major injury that sidelined him most of last year, the Dolphins threw the house at Mike Wallace, Wes Welker is old and not an outside WR (his strength is in the slot on the inside).

Bowe is in the top 20 WR's all time for receiving yards in 6 seasons played. He's been a 1,000 caliber WR his entire career and look at what QB's he's been given?

Signing him was a great move and a must. Plus this draft is extremely deep with talented WR's. There's about 12-14 WR's who could really make an impact on a team this year.
Good points, I also forgot that Smith likely wouldn't be able to chuck it 40 yards or more deep to Wallace. Maybe having a big guy outside who is old and misses out on targeted passes because he is not where he should be is a better option than taking a chance on Jennings or even Amendola.

You guys have the short little fast guy who is not really an RB and not an everydown WR to play slot. He will get alot of zero yard passes from Smith and expected to make YAC.

Terrible year to try to get better when all you can piece together is Smith, Dropsy Bowe and an LT TBD and no one wants to trade down with you...
Old 03-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #2448
FearLanier

Quote:
Good points, I also forgot that Smith likely wouldn't be able to chuck it 40 yards or more deep to Wallace. Maybe having a big guy outside who is old and misses out on targeted passes because he is not where he should be is a better option than taking a chance on Jennings or even Amendola.

You guys have the short little fast guy who is not really an RB and not an everydown WR to play slot. He will get alot of zero yard passes from Smith and expected to make YAC.

Terrible year to try to get better when all you can piece together is Smith, Dropsy Bowe and an LT TBD and no one wants to trade down with you...
Well our GM did say he's had more than 1 team talk to him about a trade. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen. We'll see. Can't trust any GM this time of the year!

I think our plan is to trade down and take Lane Johnson, who is just as good of a pass blocker as Joeckel or Fisher.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #2449
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Why Yes the Chiefs do SUCK!!!
oubronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #2450
Rolandftw

Chiefs can set themselves up pretty good for the future if they are able to acquire a second for 2014 in the Albert trade, and another 2nd rounder in a trade down from #1.

Having three 2nd rounders for 2014 potentially would help them to trade up for their QBOTF once they realize that Chase Daniel is awful, and never should have been signed.