The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #26
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Stupid Law.

Not going to argue with those who disagree with me, arguing with idiots is pointless.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #27
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
How dense are you ?

Why don't we start selling to children and anyone wanting one regardless of criminal record at convenience stores ?

Would that make you happy ?

I suppose your one who believes you should be able to carry round a rocket launcher as well.
Get off of your high horse. He asks a legit question. Does this impact criminals at all? I kind of doubt it, but I don't think it's a terrible idea. The magazine capacity thing is a joke however. It's a complete "feel good about themselves" joke. So 15 round mags won't allow mass shootings to take place? What a pointless piece of legislation that does nothing to curb any violence or whacky behavior. But hey if it makes you feel good, then by all means...
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #28
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Stupid Law.

Not going to argue with those who disagree with me, arguing with idiots is pointless.

Cause you know your wrong.................hope you never have to personally deal with gun vilence in your life.
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #29
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhat01 View Post
Get off of your high horse. He asks a legit question. Does this impact criminals at all? I kind of doubt it, but I don't think it's a terrible idea. The magazine capacity thing is a joke however. It's a complete "feel good about themselves" joke. So 15 round mags won't allow mass shootings to take place? What a pointless piece of legislation that does nothing to curb any violence or whacky behavior. But hey if it makes you feel good, then by all means...

Shut up and pull your head out .

When these wack jobs go to change clips they get taken down, its happened time and time again.

Use your freakin head................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #30
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Before this discussion becomes idiotic, the mag bill is useless and the one I am disappointed about. The background check bill makes sense and I support it. To the idiot that said this covers the majority of firearm sales in Colorado...ah no. Two other bills were defeated. One banning firearms on college campuses and another that would charge a firearm owner if a crime was committed with a stolen firearm.

However if you already own mags that hold more that 15 rounds you are grandfathered in. Second, the way the bill is worded will most likely be challeged in court.

God Bless

I've had several family members killed in mass shootings and gun violence and none of these bills would have saved their lives.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #31
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

Quote:

When these wack jobs go to change clips they get taken down, its happened time and time again.

Really? Explain to me how the kid in Connecticut was troubled by changing mags.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #32
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

it's "feel good" legislation that will do nothing to save lives. I hope Magpul is packing their bags.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #33
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
thanks to this law the company Magpul, which produces magazines, has left the state of Colorado. So now CO has less jobs and less tax money coming in.

I grew up in CO and I know things like Columbine have helped make this law possible. Also, the influx of liberals form CA and coastal states like NY, etc. have helped with this law. We shall see if it stops any mass shootings.

The good news is cheeba is legal! So perhaps the lost tax revenue and jobs will be filled with this new industry?? Yes, I like to look at it as the glass half full, or the bong, or whatever works.
So since weed went legal what is the price of an ounce of killer CA OG KUSH in Denver?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #34
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:

Usually they just shoot themselves when police arrive. What incident did they gunman get taken down changing magazines. By the way men and anyone who knows firearms call them magazines. So you say all the time? That means you must have about 4-5 incidents where after a guys magazine was empty they took him down.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #35
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Trying to end gun violence by magazine size is like trying to end police pursuits by saying fuel tanks can only be 15 gallons.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #36
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Usually they just shoot themselves when police arrive. What incident did they gunman get taken down changing magazines. By the way men and anyone who knows firearms call them magazines. So you say all the time? That means you must have about 4-5 incidents where after a guys magazine was empty they took him down.
Because a Magazine and a Clip are techincally different things that perform the same function.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #37
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

We've got to figure out a way to outlaw crazy people.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #38
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
That Marxist Kenyan bastich in the WH is behind this. First, they take our magazines, then they make us sit around and discuss our feelings. It's a slippery slope, goddamn it!
It's good to see you making progress.
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #39
orangenblue2
High-Priced Free Agent

It's a Miracle!!!

How anyone can argue against universal background checks is ridiculous. Had a spell in a mental hospital for schizophrenia? You can't have a gun. Been arrested for domestic violence? You can't have a gun. Served time for anything other than a non-violent felony? You can't have a gun either...
orangenblue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #40
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Don't see how background checks is a bad thing.
I'll demonstrate this absurdity by being absurd myself.

Well if we're gonna be OK with background checks for private citizens selling to other private citizens, perhaps we should have them for automobiles that are purchased between private citizens as well?

Afterall...more people are killed by automobiles than guns. And given that a car in the hands of a drunk person is a 3,000lb missle that can wipe out an entire family we need to know if these "weapons" are being purchased by people who have less than stellar driving records or have outstanding tickets, previous DUI arrests/convictions, no history of mental illness, etc....

The fact that none of the laws passed will prevent ANY crimes is never mentioned when these laws are passed.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #41
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Wonder if all those fireworks stands up by Cheyenne will start selling magazines.
That's a damn good idea. I just might open me up a high capacity magazine stand there.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #42
MVP-06
MVP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangenblue2 View Post
How anyone can argue against universal background checks is ridiculous. Had a spell in a mental hospital for schizophrenia? You can't have a gun. Been arrested for domestic violence? You can't have a gun. Served time for anything other than a non-violent felony? You can't have a gun either...
I hear you but the kid in Conn took his moms weapon. Do they have a bill for that?
MVP-06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #43
Dukes
Ring of Famer

If it saves just one life, it will be worth it.

Last edited by Dukes; 03-20-2013 at 05:14 PM..
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #44
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Yep those damn liberals are the devil for wanting to save a few lives..........next Obama will want to take all your guns away except for the fact he has never ever even insuated that was his intention.....................
good lord you post like a whiney biatch girl all the time. I'm just pointing out some facts--fact, Magpul who employed a relatively large number of employees has left the state because of this law, hence, less jobs and less tax revenue.

On the other hand, legalized cheeba which hopefully helps the economy instead of hinders it.

Not sure how this was about BO but whatever.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #45
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
How are background checks gonna stop criminals from getting guns.

The same way it has made cocaine and heroin users, gang members and a long list of other illegal things stop.

Looks like California has now taken over the state of Colorado... Not too much longer and tree hugging and save the seals is the number one sport.

Your new law is a total joke and waste of time... Only the pacifists (Which run Colorado) will buy into this crap saving lives. Do any of you Colorado residents who own automatic weapons and large capacity clips now going to turn them in because of this new law.

I will answer that for you... HELL NO. Criminals and murders will still have avenues to purchase this stuff, just like they always have had. So now the next mass murderer will not now carry 3 hand guns and 200 15 round clips with him when he snaps? Total and absolute BS.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #46
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP-06 View Post
I hear you but the kid in Conn took his moms weapon. Do they have a bill for that?
first he killed her, then he took her guns.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #47
Rolandftw

I guess I understand the view that it's not going to fix everything. It's a multi-faceted issue, and this would only be one part of having an impact on gun violence.

But does this really negatively impact any gun owners life? Is being forced to change your magazine more frequently enough of a deal to massively oppose such legislation? Obviously if criminals really want access to firearms they probably will find a way to do so. But shouldn't we make it as difficult as possible for them?

Let's say it is a minimal impact... 5 lives a year are saved with such legislation. Is your inconvenience in reloading your magazine clips more frequently worth more then those lives?
Old 03-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #48
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Cause you know your wrong.................hope you never have to personally deal with gun vilence in your life.

A real question for you Jet... Would you feel better if you and your family is sitting at a restaurant having dinner and a guy walks in with 2 45's with 15 round clips and points them in your direction and opens fire.... Would you think to yourself (moments before you are dead).... Damn the law worked, this guy has legal clips in his guns?

The law is a joke and will not stop the crazies and murderers from doing their thing.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:24 PM   #49
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Sorry that liberals from my state moved to your state and ruined it.
Apology accepted if you take them back.
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #50
Rolandftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
A real question for you Jet... Would you feel better if you and your family is sitting at a restaurant having dinner and a guy walks in with 2 45's with 15 round clips and points them in your direction and opens fire.... Would you think to yourself (moments before you are dead).... Damn the law worked, this guy has legal clips in his guns?

The law is a joke and will not stop the crazies and murderers from doing their thing.
I think we should let people make nuclear weapons. Since no regulation of any form is going to prevent someone from committing an act of violence, we should make it as easy as possible for them to commit said violence.

I'll have my freedom!!!